Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Nobody got screwed. Bengals had a 1st place schedule, thus a stronger strength of schedule and the winning tiebreak.[/QUOTE]

this is true.

[quote name='Matt Young']So yeah... We are going to keep the thread open and continue to discuss random stuff with each other in between Maddens, right? I love you guys. :p[/QUOTE]

Random like has anyone played the new Bioshock? I just beat it and its one of the best games I have played in a long time.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Nobody got screwed. Bengals had a 1st place schedule, thus a stronger strength of schedule and the winning tiebreak.[/QUOTE]

I'm not necessarily saying that wasn't the winning tiebreaker, but Strength of Schedule goes by the current season not the season before, so the 1st place schedule part wouldn't factor in.

Actually it looks like we can advance whenever. Here are the game results:

Titans - 31
Pats - 3

Lions - 42
Panthers - 35

Bills - 17
Bengals - 10

Cards - 48
Skins - 14

So I think it'll end up being like this for the next round:

Chiefs vs Titans
Steelers vs Bills

Bucs vs Lions
Giants vs Cards

Just posting a reminder to anyone interested in the tournament. The deadline for signing up for the Cag Madden Tourney is tomorrow(05/01/2013) at 6PM Est. I personally am giving the winner a 1000 Microsoft Point Code. I'm not going to lie, most of the heavy hitters from this league have already signed up so it will be a challenge, but maybe someone will get on a hot streak.

Link to the Tournament page for those of you that don't want to search for it.

[quote name='Chetty12']Just posting a reminder to anyone interested in the tournament. The deadline for signing up for the Cag Madden Tourney is tomorrow(05/01/2013) at 6PM Est. I personally am giving the winner a 1000 Microsoft Point Code. I'm not going to lie, most of the heavy hitters from this league have already signed up so it will be a challenge, but maybe someone will get on a hot streak.

Link to the Tournament page for those of you that don't want to search for it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should reverse the seeds and give the lower seeds a bye instead of the higher ones (assuming you need to give anyone a bye). That might level the playing field a bit.

Steelers Over Titans 27-10

20-10 late in the 4th and a Titans' TD gets called back on a holding call. That changed the game. Pittsburgh was able to clamp down and add another late score.

Great game Cool.

Ben Roethlisberger 11 of 16 133 yds 1 TD 2 INTs
Rashard Mendenhall 23 att 183 yds 2 TDs
Bryan Latta 2 INTs
Albert Hamilton 2 INTS

Matthew Stafford 8 of 19 106 yds 1 TD 4 INTS
Felix Jones 10 att 71 yds
Luke Cinicola 1 INT
Amari Spievey 1 INT

[quote name='Tanabeo']Random like has anyone played the new Bioshock? I just beat it and its one of the best games I have played in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Is it a play it once and done game? You went through it pretty fast.

Bucs over the Lions 33-27.

game was back and forth all game till the late game INT then a couple first downs and thats all she wrote.

Great game Sprice always tough.

Cards/Bucs Nfc Championship will happen 3 years running. Cards earned the right by beating New York 47-13. New York just couldn't stop the run, allowing 338 yards(only 5 passing yards) and just couldn't get anything going on offense with only 75 total yards(-3 rush, 78 pass). The game was literally over during the 3rd quarter, when both teams just started running clock. Good Game Doom Mane.

EDIT: Nfc Championship game is scheduled for 4-6 Pm Est on Friday. Small chance we'd be able to squeeze it in early Thursday afternoon, but i wouldn't plan on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='theredworm']Is it a play it once and done game? You went through it pretty fast.[/QUOTE]

I will play it a few times but yea I would say its a once and done game till dlc comes out.

Cards blow out the Bucs. First half of the game was tight. then the second half the bucs decided to play stupid lol. anyway good luck chetty try not to blow it this time ;)

Steelers over Bills 31-28 in an AFC Title Game Thriller

Favre's Steelers are going to the big dance. The first half was similar to a heavyweight title fight, as both teams managed to trade touchdowns with each successive drive. Pittsburgh luckily punched it in with four seconds left in the half to make it 28-21, which proved to be huge.

Buffalo came out slinging in the 2nd half, though their opening drive ended after a pick by Hamilton. Big Ben lead them down to the redzone where Buffalo clamped down and forced a field goal....nope just kidding it was blocked. Buffalo seized the momentum and scored to make it 28-28.

Pittburgh added a field goal early in the 4th to go up by 3. With under two minutes to play Czaplewski marched the Bills down the field, effectively using the clock in the process. On a 2nd and 10 play, he throws a perfect strike to Collins who DROPS the go-ahead touchdown. With under 30 seconds to play at the Pittsburgh 2, Czaplewski is sacked by Latta to knock them back to the 9. On the very next play he throws a pick to Brooks to seal the game for the Burgh.

Great Game Ramesu. Heartbreaker for sure.

If Doom wins back to back Super Bowls with two different teams, I'll be fully convinced he can also do this.
still-funny-will-ferrell-with-his-head-in-his-pants.jpg

My inability to do anything on offense really cost me in M13. Hopefully I'll be able to figure that out in M25 :(

I know I'm late, but gg man. That bomb that caught Berry out of position really put the game out of reach because my offense is so terrible. I've had to rely on creating turnovers and you didn't let that happen. Always fun.
----------------
In more recent news, go Doom!

Going to root for Chetty. It's not that I don't like doom, but I would have beat Chetty if it weren't for a blocked field goal. Good luck fellas!

Lots at stake in this one. Not just the final Super Bowl in Madden 13, but also:

Doom can become the all-time leader in Super Bowl wins with 4 (currently tied with Sprice and Mog at 3 each). More impressively, Doom will have done it with 4 different franchises. 3 is already the record (mog and Cru have each won with 2 different teams).
Not to be left out, Chetty can become the first brother of a former champion ever to win a title. They're already the first set of brothers to both appear in the Super Bowl. Only 2 other sets have appeared in the playoffs at all.

One other fun Madden Super Bowl fact: The only division which has never won a title in league history? The AFC East. :D

Steelers Fall in the Superbowl, 27-13 Cardinals

Arizona jumped out to a 24-0 lead in the first half and had complete control of the game up to that point. Taquan fumbling a kick off gave them another TD, and that really was the dagger right there.

Pitt tried to claw their way back in the 2nd half, but with no run game and an incredible Arizona defense, it was too little, too late. Big Ben had a chance to make it 27-20 late and set up for the onside, but he did what Favre did best...throw it to the other team in the most important game of the season. Tracy Porter and Corey Webster anyone?

Great game Chetty, very well played

I drop to 3-3 in Superbowls.....

tumblr_m5421jrWTR1qgieejo1_500.gif

[quote name='Doomtime']Steelers Fall in the Superbowl, 27-13 Cardinals

Arizona jumped out to a 24-0 lead in the first half and had complete control of the game up to that point. Taquan fumbling a kick off gave them another TD, and that really was the dagger right there.

Pitt tried to claw their way back in the 2nd half, but with no run game and an incredible Arizona defense, it was too little, too late. Big Ben had a chance to make it 27-20 late and set up for the onside, but he did what Favre did best...throw it to the other team in the most important game of the season. Tracy Porter and Corey Webster anyone?

Great game Chetty, very well played
[/QUOTE]

Thank god for no Super Foster two years in a row lol. No doubt that i would have had to play better on offense if you still had the Texans.

Edit: Unwanted Blaine Gabbert also picked up a Superbowl Mvp in this game.

After forcing Chetty and Hemingway to "graduate" from the Gentlemen's League, they go on to win 2 of the next 3 Super Bowls in the Official League. Think I feel good about that decision? Being right is a beautiful thing, lol. ;)

[quote name='Doomtime']Definitely the right call. Who goes undefeated with the Dolphins? :shock:[/QUOTE]

Don Shula......

Defintely not this guy, though.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']After forcing Chetty and Hemingway to "graduate" from the Gentlemen's League, they go on to win 2 of the next 3 Super Bowls in the Official League. Think I feel good about that decision? Being right is a beautiful thing, lol. ;)[/QUOTE]

Can we graduate them now as well?

With that, we're officially done for the year. Thanks for playing everyone, hopefully we'll see most of you back for Madden 25 in August!

[quote name='bvharris']Can we graduate them now as well?[/QUOTE]

LMAO...well, that depends. Who's going to run the Madden 25 Super Ultra God League?

[quote name='bvharris']With that, we're officially done for the year. Thanks for playing everyone, hopefully we'll see most of you back for Madden 25 in August![/QUOTE]

can't wait for madden 25!!!!

see u next year everyone hope im not in another stacked division... if anything i'm more ready for real football to come around than anything else. very curious to see what this draft class will look like and seeing an unexpected team make the playoffs.

but for now i will have to live with the NBA playoffs which have been very fun to watch alot of good games... but my thunder has no chance at this point Durant is good but he cant do it without westbrook

Before the thread falls all the way down I wanted to say thanks to BV, Fero and Uber for another great season. You guys do a superb job of making the league run smoothly and I don't think you get the full credit each of you deserve.

Also, thanks to all of you who were part of the trade committee. Not only did it remove a lot of unnecessary arguments from the thread, but it made some really slow days at work go by a hell of a lot faster!

Can't wait for next year, hopefully my offense will show up ;)

bread's done
Back