Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='DVO21']see u next year everyone hope im not in another stacked division... if anything i'm more ready for real football to come around than anything else. very curious to see what this draft class will look like and seeing an unexpected team make the playoffs.

but for now i will have to live with the NBA playoffs which have been very fun to watch alot of good games... but my thunder has no chance at this point Durant is good but he cant do it without westbrook[/QUOTE]

That OKC team has got heart man... all those players. I wish Westbrook was there, but on the bright side we get to see how Durant plays when he's the #1 and only option. Going to be a good series against Memphis/LAC next round.

[quote name='staticz']Before the thread falls all the way down I wanted to say thanks to BV, Fero and Uber for another great season. You guys do a superb job of making the league run smoothly and I don't think you get the full credit each of you deserve.

Also, thanks to all of you who were part of the trade committee. Not only did it remove a lot of unnecessary arguments from the thread, but it made some really slow days at work go by a hell of a lot faster!

Can't wait for next year, hopefully my offense will show up ;)[/QUOTE]

Well said. Thanks to the commissioners and hope to see everyone back for Madden 25.

Yea thank you commish's it was a great league this year, i also think the 2 day advancement worked out well hopefully its something we can start with next yearr. I was against it at first but once we all got used to it it made a big difference. If we start with it next year we shud get 5 seasons played in the same amoun of time.....enjoy the offeseason everyone

yeah deff a good job by the commissioners. I played in a few leagues before this one and none of them compare. Look forward to coming back.

As always, awesome job to the commissioners. They are part of the reason why I keep coming back to get my ass kicked every season. :p

[quote name='Matt Young']I know we were done playing and all, but I am curious: was the league deleted, or was I just booted?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know we didn't delete it, but I guess it's possible that fero did so.

I was only in for the first season but thanks for having me. Life got pretty busy as I have a 7 week old son now and loving my change of lifestyle. I still check this thread here and there because this league is always interesting.

[quote name='Doomtime']Still a ways off, but if you buy the $100 Madden 25 Anniversary Edition on Amazon, you get NFL Sunday ticket free for the upcoming season.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/17562/20130516/madden-25-release-date-bringing-free-nfl.htm[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's actually not a bad deal at all (especialy since it appears Amazon won't be doing the $10/$15 credit this year). But I'm in the local viewing area for my team anyway, so it doesn't really appeal to me. Very intriguing for anyone out of their team's market though.

Need some help from you hockey game fans. I'm interested in trying out the NHL series, but I don't feel like dropping $40 on the newest game (nor do I really follow the NHL closely enough to care about having up-to-date rosters). Which recent game would you guys recommend for someone who hasn't really played any video game hockey since the Genesis?

There's going to be a learning curve, because you'll need to use the analog sticks for a lot of things. But if you don't want the newest, go with NHL 12. Hell, the rest of the CAG team traded in 13 and went back to 12. It's a really good game.

Yeah, NHL 12 is only $17.59 new on Amazon right now.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=nhl+12

In my opinion, NHL 12 had much better balance than NHL 13. It wasn't without problems, but it gave you a better sense of earning your wins. In NHL 13, the majority of the goals were the result of dumb luck. If you want to just throw crap at the goalie and see what bounces you get, then 13 is your game. But if you want to actually set up plays, cycle the puck, and beat the goalie because you did the right thing, then NHL 12 will give a more rewarding experience.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Is the next CAG Madden League season going to be on xbox one ?[/QUOTE]

Definitely not. It won't even be out yet. The Madden 25 league will be on 360.

As for the year after that, I guess we'll see.

Well after that conference I hope the future of the league is on PS4. Embarrassing E3 for Microsoft
It's a possibility, though from what I understand PS3 Madden has always been pretty shitty. I'm with you though, I definitely won't be getting an XBone any time remotely close to launch. Probably not getting a PS4 at launch either, but it will certainly be first.

We're certainly not transitioning to next gen until Madden 15 (or whatever the hell they end up calling it) at the earliest so we've got plenty of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, just a heads up:  I already told uber and fero about this, but I'm going to be stepping down from my commish duties this year.  In fact, I won't even be getting the game/joining the league at launch, though I might hop in sometime later.  I just don't think I'll have the time  necessary to run it this year, since it's always a huge commitment, and probably won't even have time to do much Maddening at all until winter at the earliest.

I'm not sure how they'll want to go about running things, or if they'll add someone else to the mix, but no matter what I'm confident you're in good hands.  I'll still be around once the new thread is set up though, so don't think you've seen the last of me.  ;)

Hey all, just a heads up: I already told uber and fero about this, but I'm going to be stepping down from my commish duties this year. In fact, I won't even be getting the game/joining the league at launch, though I might hop in sometime later. I just don't think I'll have the time necessary to run it this year, since it's always a huge commitment, and probably won't even have time to do much Maddening at all until winter at the earliest.

I'm not sure how they'll want to go about running things, or if they'll add someone else to the mix, but no matter what I'm confident you're in good hands. I'll still be around once the new thread is set up though, so don't think you've seen the last of me. ;)
Turrible news

i hate that ea now puts this game out in late aug was nice to have madden right when preseason started when you have a kick to play nfl football. I was thinking they pushed it back last year because the major face lift the game got but same thing this year either they wanted it or nfl wanted them to push game back  closer to reg season.

bread's done
Back