Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='bvharris']You know what I really find annoying? That there's no non-XP practice available. I mean, being able to practice once a week and earn XP is great, but you should be able to practice all you want after that if you just want to mess around and try new plays with your team. Such a minor thing, but it would have been no problem whatsoever to put that in.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, i would have preffered that to the practice they have installed currently. Or maybe they could of allowed you to export your rosters so you could just do the practice mode they have under play now. And idk if this is random or not, but am i the only one that misses the training camp practices they had like 5 years ago to improve your players? I found those to be 20 times as fun as the way they have it set up now.

Denver Broncos Trade Block:

Position - Name - OVR - Age - Years Remaining - 2012 Cap Number

QB - Peyton Manning* - 89 OVR - 36 - 5 years - $17.00M
HB - Knowshon Moreno - 79 OVR - 25 - 2 years - $4.43M
ROLB - DJ Williams - 87 OVR - 30 - 2 years - $5.00M
LOLB - Von Miller - 86 OVR - 23 - 3 years - $4.64M
CB - Champ Bailey* - 90 OVR - 34 - 3 years - $10.00M
FS - Jim Leonhard - 77 OVR - 29 - 1 year - $700K
Draft picks

*To trade Peyton or Champ I'd need to be getting a decent guy at the same position back.

Looking for (in order of preference): WR, O-Line, TE, Safeties

Not much of a trade block, but then my roster isn't very good yet. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: When I look at another team's roster, am I seeing what the guy's overall rating will be in my scheme or what it is in theirs? (And yes, I know overall is mostly meaningless, I'm just curious)

[quote name='theredworm']Do a full game practice. I'd like to do more for 0 Xp but maybe next year.[/QUOTE]

I do, but more is always better.

"Maybe Next Year" is the official motto of Madden Online Franchises. :D

so under "more..."-"statistics"-"coach stats" I noticed the game puts all made user coaches as using west coast offense and spread defense

also "more..."-"my career"-"my goals" and your weekly game goals are all passing oriented, some teams which we know many teams aren't suited for these type goals

looked in OS and it looks like there really isn't an answer right now, the best thread I found was this
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/570077-how-change-coach-schemes-ccm.html

Frustrating, but not surprising.

I find a new bug in CCM every single time I play. For example, even with pre-existing injuries off, the game still treats some of those guys like they're injured when it comes to things like practice.

I'm trying to remain positive since we haven't even started yet, but then again we're talking about the same development team that has had the wind arrow pointed in the wrong direction for like 3 years now. :roll:

Eagles Trading Block

WR Desean Jackson - 5yrs 40$mil

WR Jeremy Maclin - 4 years/15 mil?

QB Mike Vick 5yrs/70mil

83 DT Mike Patterson

Looking for run blocking Center or Guard and fullback, Man coverage Corner or an 80ish HB with 90+ trucking.

Last edited by a moderator:
lions trade block
rb kevin smith 80 ovr 1yr 1 million
lt jeff backus 86 ovr 2yr 3 million
rt gosder cherlius 82 ovr 1yr 5 million
le lawrence jackson 82 ovr 1yr 7.50 million
re kyle vanden bosch 87 ovr 2yr 12 million
dt corey williams 83 ovr 1 yr 3 million.....
also i cut a number of guys if the game makes me resign due to noy enoigh players can i pick up the lowest ovr players so i can pay the lowest salery possible?

[quote name='GpNinja']Can we play our preseason games?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='sprice8688']i messaged saints row on thursday night amd havnt recieved any messages... if he doesnt join by monday can i just play the cpu[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if he hasn't joined by Monday you can.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Eagles Trading Block
[/QUOTE]

Make sure you put the number of years remaining rather than the total number of years, since that's really the relevant number.

[quote name='sprice8688']
also i cut a number of guys if the game makes me resign due to noy enoigh players can i pick up the lowest ovr players so i can pay the lowest salery possible?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. Why would you not have enough players already?

Broncos 38 - Bears 7

Peyton Manning's Broncos debut couldn't have gone better, as he went 7/7 for 177 yards and 3 TDs in the first quarter before leaving the game. Was definitely pleased to see some of the things I've been working on translate well into a game. Also nice to see Moreno get some strong runs after coming in.

On a more sour note, my fears were realized and despite the fact that we turned pre-existing injuries off, pre-injured players still can't play. That is an unconscionably stupid bug, but that's EA for you. Looks like I won't have Ty Warren at all this season. :roll:

it doesnt say how many guys are required for each posistion...... i cut alot of people at posistions loaded rb wr cb and cut a safety .... i have one safety now..... if it says i need 2 to play can i pick up the lowest overall safety so i can pay them as little as possible.... if u cut a player u have to pay then more to resign them

[quote name='sprice8688']it doesnt say how many guys are required for each posistion...... i cut alot of people at posistions loaded rb wr cb and cut a safety .... i have one safety now..... if it says i need 2 to play can i pick up the lowest overall safety so i can pay them as little as possible.... if u cut a player u have to pay then more to resign them[/QUOTE]

that doesn't seem fair

[quote name='sprice8688']it doesnt say how many guys are required for each posistion...... i cut alot of people at posistions loaded rb wr cb and cut a safety .... i have one safety now..... if it says i need 2 to play can i pick up the lowest overall safety so i can pay them as little as possible.... if u cut a player u have to pay then more to resign them[/QUOTE]

Why did you cut these guys at all? If you only had two safeties, why did you cut one? I guess I'm not understanding why you did this.

But no, you can't just go signing different guys now. If you cut a guy and want to re-sign the same guy, go ahead.

[quote name='bvharris']Uh oh, looks like Doom's already in midseason form. :([/QUOTE]

Yes...yes he is lol. He also dropped 8 or 9 picks, so imagine if you roughly doubled his score and halved mine and that's what it probably should have been. Run D is usually my forte, but man even Doom's back-up o-line create wide open holes for him.

I was just wondering...since injuries are off, would playing your starters for the whole game be frowned upon? Or at least a half or something...I know the game auto-subs them out after the 1st quarter, but one quarter isn't much at all to test your starters against opponents in here. Plus, I'm sure people would rather gain XP for their starters rather than all their back-ups accumulating all that XP from playing 3 quarters vs. 1 quarter for the starters (assuming it's performance-based). I'm indifferent either way...I can definitely see why we wouldn't want to allow that too, since people who want to test their back-ups would probably be getting slaughtered against someone who wants their starters in all game, so it'd be pretty unfair for those people. Just thought it was worth addressing...

[quote name='MasterAwesome']
I was just wondering...since injuries are off, would playing your starters for the whole game be frowned upon? [/QUOTE]

I think we should let the CPU sub as usual, that's what I did.

[quote name='bvharris']I think we should let the CPU sub as usual, that's what I did.[/QUOTE]

I think the biggest exception that you could consider would be kicker and punters. Nothing more annoying than a 20 yard punt when it's full power.

[quote name='neworlbush25']And does anybody know Darths GT.. Its not in the OP[/QUOTE]

I play the cardinals...we're in the preseason man.

[quote name='staticz']I play the cardinals...we're in the preseason man.[/QUOTE]

The Saints played the Cards in week 1 of preseason.. Hallf of Fame game but still week 1..

But ya your right my bad

[quote name='staticz']Does anyone have contact with Darth? I know he is in alaska or something but he's kind of disappeared.[/QUOTE]

According to ubernes he's not going to be able to join for a couple of weeks. n8 asked me to fillin for DVO in the other league, so I'll see if he can fill in for Darth in ours.

[quote name='staticz']Thank god we started...Chiefs suck[/QUOTE]

So did the Patriots today. Makes me very glad I have a puppy, because this was definitely a "30 minute post-game walk" loss. :lol:

Can anybody explain why the auto sub levels in Connected Careers seem to be freaking retarded? It's showing me sub in at 51, sub out at 49. Isn't this just going to cause players to be running on and off the field constantly? It's nothing like this offline.

[quote name='bvharris']So did the Patriots today. Makes me very glad I have a puppy, because this was definitely a "30 minute post-game walk" loss. :lol:[/QUOTE]

ravens blew it to

[quote name='bvharris']According to ubernes he's not going to be able to join for a couple of weeks. n8 asked me to fillin for DVO in the other league, so I'll see if he can fill in for Darth in ours.[/QUOTE]

Let me know. Definitely want to get my preseason games in!

[quote name='staticz']Let me know. Definitely want to get my preseason games in![/QUOTE]

I'd be happy to fill in. I'm just not going to have much time to play on top of my other commitments, so you'd probably end up playing the CPU. Might be better to get somebody else.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Eagles Trading Block

WR Desean Jackson - 5yrs 40$mil

WR Jeremy Maclin - 4 years/15 mil?

QB Mike Vick 5yrs/70mil

83 DT Mike Patterson

Looking for run blocking Center or Guard and fullback, Man coverage Corner or an 80ish HB with 90+ trucking.[/QUOTE]
Damn..why did you even pick the Eagles? Mccoy, Rogers-Cromartie, and Asomugha?

I realize I've missed a lot since my time on CAG has been very limited (on vacation), but we're playing preseason games? Why? I swear I read the entire OP and didn't see anything about that. Guess I need to contact Chargers guy since I haven't heard from him.

Heh, good timing dude. I just PM'ed you. I cannot play tonight (on vacation and going to a friend's place to watch WWE PPV), but I see you're available after 7 P.M. Eastern tomorrow. Can you play at 7 Eastern, or would it need to be a little later? I can play earlier if that's possible for you.

[quote name='Matt Young']Heh, good timing dude. I just PM'ed you. I cannot play tonight (on vacation and going to a friend's place to watch WWE PPV), but I see you're available after 7 P.M. Eastern tomorrow. Can you play at 7 Eastern, or would it need to be a little later? I can play earlier if that's possible for you.[/QUOTE]

Anytime after 6:30 tomorrow should be good.

All right. I will be on at 6:30 P.M. Eastern tomorrow. I just hope I get some time to practice tomorrow before our game. I've barely played anything except the MUT solo challenges.

These replacement officials are retarded...they definitely need to go i have never seen so many tic-tac infractions called in my life, and so many non-calls in the red zone. Patriots got fucked, Kraft and some of the better off owners should just pay the regular refs.

bread's done
Back