Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

etexB.jpg

I feel like I should chip in a little bit for his fine. :lol:

[quote name='bvharris']Not Approved.

The committee didn't feel that the difference between Leinart and Mallet warranted a 1st round pick.

Not Approved.

The Falcons need to be getting more back for White.[/QUOTE]
This committee is dogmess..how is anything going to get approved..Mallet has potential Leinart is a Lefty Qb who is a Bum and gets paid a hell of a lot more than Mallet...

as soon as they reach an agreement the old refs will come back and will complain about how bad they suck again lol it will never be perfect but look at it this way we got football

[quote name='sprice8688']as soon as they reach an agreement the old refs will come back and will complain about how bad they suck again lol it will never be perfect but look at it this way we got football[/QUOTE]

We have to wait forever if they do agree to come back!

They have to get training and get fitted for new fucking Nike uniforms!

Dumb

[quote name='Og whitewidow']This committee is dogmess..how is anything going to get approved..Mallet has potential Leinart is a Lefty Qb who is a Bum and gets paid a hell of a lot more than Mallet...[/QUOTE]

A) These are the only two trades that have been denied, so plenty will get approved.
B) There is no potential in Madden 13
C) I belive that attribute for attribute Leinart is better than Mallet except for THP.

On top of all that, no one posted anything to convince the committee one way or the other, so that is on the parties involved. BV has posted several times asking for trade comments, if no one makes any comments then the committee members have to make their own judgements. Those judgements will be based on the information we have (attributes, salary, etc)

[quote name='Og whitewidow']This committee is dogmess..how is anything going to get approved.[/QUOTE]

Calling the committee "Shit" is not only insulting, but it also gets you nowhere. Unless you have constructive comments on how to FIX a problem, bitching about them solves nothing. We Spend countless amounts of time discussing these Trades. All of us. It's not like one guy says "i don't like it, let's not pass it." It's a Committee. Of Very Smart Players ( well, most of them...) It Takes a Majority to Pass or Fail. Please Please try to remember that.

I don't think people understand how valuable draft picks are in this game...especially a first round pick, and especially considering the salary cap this year. This year is supposed to have those "diamond in the rough"-type players in it too with the new scouting system they have implemented, so even late-round picks have a good bit of value tied to them. It baffles me how people are throwing around 1sts year after year for mediocre players, even though they're partaking in the draft each year so they're seeing how dominant of players are available in the first round. In the first draft last year, I got a 90 speed TE who was 90 OVR after 1 season at spot 23 or something in the draft. And BV got his little AP-clone of a running back even later than me I believe.

Yeah, Mallett's 15 THP difference is HUGE, but everything else is very similar. I don't think 15 THP can justify a 1st round pick unless you're literally throwing bombs downfield every play. This reminds me of the Brady/McCoy trade last year where their accuracies were quite similar, but Brady had a ton more THP and a little better deep accuracy. BV didn't seem to miss a step with McCoy as his QB (while ironically, Ultimate Matt seemed to struggle even more with Brady), so I find it hard to put THAT high of a value on THP.

Oh and in case you couldn't tell from my post...I actually voted yes to your trade lol. I had my particular reasons for that though..."balance" wasn't really one of them.

Jets-Steelers going down Tuesday night. Trying to confirm exact time but I'm pretty open after work, just hoping he's not planning on playing too late.

The Jets are also in some pretty deep conversations about aquiring a new offensive weapon. The front office is currently accessing the cap ramifications. #CAGFLNews

[quote name='MasterAwesome']BV didn't seem to miss a step with McCoy as his QB [/QUOTE]

To be fair, my offense last year was built around short, accurate passes to supplement the run game, so McCoy was basically the perfect QB for my system. I doubt he would have been an improvement over Brady for anyone else.

And what confuses the hell out of me is why Tanabeo would cut Carson Palmer (93 THP, 86 SAC, 80 MAC, 80 DAC, 75 TOR, 80 PAC) and then trade a 1st round pick for Ryan Mallett (98 THP, 83 SAC, 84 MAC, 74 DAC, 75 TOR, 84 PAC). I don't wanna judge how other people run their teams...but I really can't find a logical reason for that. And also why he would choose to keep Leinart over Palmer on his roster is another story lol.

For trades like this, it's helpful for the people involved (mainly Tanabeo in this case) to give their reasoning behind a trade. When he actually went as far as to CUT a QB very similar to Mallett and then want to trade a 1st round pick for Mallett, I really need to understand what is going through his mind if I'm gonna put my support into that trade.

I don't want to speak for Tanabeo, but it does seem like some people have become obsessed with the idea of clearing cap space without actually having anything to spend all that money on.

I presume the idea is that having more cap space will greatly increase your chances of signing big free agents in the offseason, but this ignores a couple key points:
1) Nobody knows yet how many stars will actually hit free agency. My guess is very few. I certainly intend to keep all of my free agents if I can.
2) You can still cut guys in the offseason, so clearing cap space now is kind of pointless and just hurts your team for this season.

I'm not saying it would never make sense to cut a guy with a big contract to clear space, but I don't really see the logic in doing so before you have to.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Isn't Tanabeo just a fan of Mallett? Didn't he get rid of Freeman in favor of Mallett last season?[/QUOTE]
I really don't get it..having a Lefty qb in madden is a nuissance because of the play action..Leinart is so bad he has been shuffled around the league his entire career..I just don't get how the trade doesn't go through..he gets a player he wants i get a pick..he did the same thing last year, what changed in 4 months.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']I don't think people understand how valuable draft picks are in this game...especially a first round pick, and especially considering the salary cap this year. This year is supposed to have those "diamond in the rough"-type players in it too with the new scouting system they have implemented, so even late-round picks have a good bit of value tied to them. It baffles me how people are throwing around 1sts year after year for mediocre players, even though they're partaking in the draft each year so they're seeing how dominant of players are available in the first round. In the first draft last year, I got a 90 speed TE who was 90 OVR after 1 season at spot 23 or something in the draft. And BV got his little AP-clone of a running back even later than me I believe.

Yeah, Mallett's 15 THP difference is HUGE, but everything else is very similar. I don't think 15 THP can justify a 1st round pick unless you're literally throwing bombs downfield every play. This reminds me of the Brady/McCoy trade last year where their accuracies were quite similar, but Brady had a ton more THP and a little better deep accuracy. BV didn't seem to miss a step with McCoy as his QB (while ironically, Ultimate Matt seemed to struggle even more with Brady), so I find it hard to put THAT high of a value on THP.

Oh and in case you couldn't tell from my post...I actually voted yes to your trade lol. I had my particular reasons for that though..."balance" wasn't really one of them.[/QUOTE]
considering +1 THP is something like 50,000 XP when you you get above the 80's and into the 90's...it should warrant something!

widow id much rather have a commity of 6. 3 commish and 3 repected players of the league then what they did last yr... its a cool system and just because it dont go thru dont mean u cant tweak it.. mallet isnt worth a 2nd rd pick in my opinion but u talked him into a 1st so just add something and redo the trade proposal.. simple

[quote name='ubernes']Revis :([/QUOTE]

Sorry. At least you still have him in Madden.. Unless you want to really simulate their pain by trading him to me? ;)

what happened to revis.... also y can u progress players every week if its not spost to do it till every fourth week?
lions 49ers tomm nite

[quote name='sprice8688']what happened to revis.... also y can u progress players every week if its not spost to do it till every fourth week?
lions 49ers tomm nite[/QUOTE]

It doesn't really matter, people are going to end up only doing it every four weeks or even only a couple times a season anyway.

I can tell everyone that Darnell dockett, beanie wells, Adrian Wilson, kevin kolb and Stewart Bradley are the players I'm considering putting on the trade block. When I get a chance to join, I'll make a official trade block post with the cap numbers and everything.

Edit: BV you have me as the phins in the OP.

[quote name='Chetty12']
Edit: BV you have me as the phins in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Derp.

[quote name='Chetty12']I can tell everyone that Darnell dockett, beanie wells, Adrian Wilson, kevin kolb and Stewart Bradley are the players I'm considering putting on the trade block. When I get a chance to join, I'll make a official trade block post with the cap numbers and everything.
[/QUOTE]

31 "hey, trade me Fitz or Floyd" PMs just went into the bin. ;)

Alright so I've joined the league. I noticed whoever made the cuts for the cards before I joined, I'm guessing the CPU, cut both early doucet and stephens-howlings on me. With your permission I'd like to resign them, ones my 3rd downback/returned and the other is a young mid 70's receiver. If its not allowed, I understand it just kind of stood out to me that the CPU would cut them.

Zurezo, can you play tomorrow, possibly around 6 P.M. Eastern? I have 3 NHL league games that I'm trying to schedule for today, so unless those fall through, tomorrow would be best.

[quote name='Chetty12']Alright so I've joined the league. I noticed whoever made the cuts for the cards before I joined, I'm guessing the CPU, cut both early doucet and stephens-howlings on me. With your permission I'd like to resign them, ones my 3rd downback/returned and the other is a young mid 70's receiver. If its not allowed, I understand it just kind of stood out to me that the CPU would cut them.[/QUOTE]

Go ahead, just please post in here who you dropped to make room.

[quote name='Matt Young']Zurezo, can you play tomorrow, possibly around 6 P.M. Eastern? I have 3 NHL league games that I'm trying to schedule for today, so unless those fall through, tomorrow would be best.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest e-mailing him, I've always found that the quickest way to get in contact.

LaDonna byrd- wr - 63
D'anthony batiste- LT- 67

That puts me at 5 wr, 4 tackles in case you were wondering that as well.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']And what confuses the hell out of me is why Tanabeo would cut Carson Palmer (93 THP, 86 SAC, 80 MAC, 80 DAC, 75 TOR, 80 PAC) and then trade a 1st round pick for Ryan Mallett (98 THP, 83 SAC, 84 MAC, 74 DAC, 75 TOR, 84 PAC). I don't wanna judge how other people run their teams...but I really can't find a logical reason for that. And also why he would choose to keep Leinart over Palmer on his roster is another story lol.

For trades like this, it's helpful for the people involved (mainly Tanabeo in this case) to give their reasoning behind a trade. When he actually went as far as to CUT a QB very similar to Mallett and then want to trade a 1st round pick for Mallett, I really need to understand what is going through his mind if I'm gonna put my support into that trade.[/QUOTE]

Palmer cost me 10M and mallett cost 660K

[quote name='Doomtime']What was the penalty for cutting him though?[/QUOTE]

On top of that what does it matter? You lost draft picks (do you even have a first to trade?) and you'll only be able to sign one or two free agents during the year...

[quote name='Doomtime']What was the penalty for cutting him though?[/QUOTE]

0 I got all 10M only penalty i got is like 2.8M from trading heyward-bey and a few 100K from cutting a safety and a CB

[quote name='staticz']On top of that what does it matter? You lost draft picks (do you even have a first to trade?) and you'll only be able to sign one or two free agents during the year...[/QUOTE]

cin has my 2nd in the Palmer trade because oak didn't make the playoffs and sea has my 4th or 5th

I know nobody wants him but Dmac is on the block I looking for an OLB, CB, LG, RT, and a RE if anyone wants to trade one of those for him shoot me a pm

Falcons beat the Broncos 27-14

Not much to say about this one, DVO played really well and this was just one of those games Madden decided I wasn't going to win. It was a really close game in the third quarter, I was driving with the lead when a ball hit Eric Decker right in the hands, bounced off, and went right to Asante Samuel. On the next drive Ryan was hit and threw what was clearly a backwards pass but the game didn't call it, he ended up getting a TD on the drive. Manning ended up throwing 4 picks, but two of them were on desperation heaves in the last minute.

gg DVO. You've definitely improved a lot, you played a great game on offense. I wish I could say the same for my receivers: 5 drops, every single one of them on wide open 1st downs (including the pick).

Falcons win in Atlanta agianst the Broncos 27-14

Matt Ryan 16 for 23 with 248 yards 1 TD 0 INTs
Peyton Manning 5 for 16 with 167 yards 1 TD 4 INTs

Michael Turner with 19 carries and 92 yards with 1 TD and i fumble that Atlanta recovered
Willis McGahee with 11 carries and 53 yards 1 TD

Julio Jones with 89 yards
Roddy White with 84 yards and 1 TD
Demaryius Thomas with 109 yards on 2 catchs and 1 TD

Asante Samuel has 2 INTs one for a TD
Broncos sacked Matt Ryan 4 times

GG BV we always have a good game when we play first time ive ever beat u but i do believe madden helped me out a little on this one but its happen

Falcons 2-0

[quote name='DVO21']
GG BV we always have a good game when we play first time ive ever beat u but i do believe madden helped me out a little on this one but its happen
[/QUOTE]

Yep, first time. Congrats. ;)

Madden definitely helped, but that shouldn't take anything away from you, you played really well. Even without that stuff, you easily still could have won the way you were moving the ball.

Looks like a 1-2 start for the Broncos. But we shall overcome! :D

[quote name='Hemingway012']i would like to be on the waiting list... my gamer tag is Hemingway12 im willing to take any team that come up!!![/QUOTE]

Sure, I'll put you on.

[quote name='bvharris']yep, first time. Congrats. ;)

madden definitely helped, but that shouldn't take anything away from you, you played really well. Even without that stuff, you easily still could have won the way you were moving the ball.

Looks like a 1-2 start for the broncos. But we shall overcome! :d[/quote]

1-2?

[quote name='sprice8688']widow id much rather have a commity of 6. 3 commish and 3 repected players of the league then what they did last yr... its a cool system and just because it dont go thru dont mean u cant tweak it.. mallet isnt worth a 2nd rd pick in my opinion but u talked him into a 1st so just add something and redo the trade proposal.. simple[/QUOTE]
I didn't talk him into anything he came to me with the trade...which should make it more appeasing to go through!

bread's done
Back