Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
still nothing from the redskins
What's your schedule look like tomorrow? (in terms of being able to play the CPU) I was going to suggest PM'ing him one last time and just give a straight up range of when you're available between this evening and tomorrow...and then if you don't have anything set up by tomorrow morning, I'll put him on auto.

What's your schedule look like tomorrow? (in terms of being able to play the CPU) I was going to suggest PM'ing him one last time and just give a straight up range of when you're available between this evening and tomorrow...and then if you don't have anything set up by tomorrow morning, I'll put him on auto.
Just sent him a PM saying I can play until 4am cst tonight or before noon tomorrow will not get home from work till 1115 monday night

Just sent him a PM saying I can play until 4am cst tonight or before noon tomorrow will not get home from work till 1115 monday night
Would it be a problem for you to play the CPU when you get home from work Monday night? I can have him on auto and ready to go if it comes to it. If that's undesirable for you, I can just put him on auto tonight and you can play the game before work.

Just trying to give him every opportunity to play the game. Not that you don't deserve to play the CPU...but most people know the next step after blowing off your games is dropping from the league. And I'd really like to not start losing members already. Getting new members to stick is always a challenge though.

Well, shit. 3 tries and 3 disconnects. First time, I got a buzzing noise and the game froze, went back to the dashboard, and restarted. The next 2 attempts ended with both of us receiving desync error messages. Maybe that bit about different settings was true, because we couldn't come up with any reason why it kept disconnecting. Methoes and I stayed in contact throughout.

Well, shit. 3 tries and 3 disconnects. First time, I got a buzzing noise and the game froze, went back to the dashboard, and restarted. The next 2 attempts ended with both of us receiving desync error messages. Maybe that bit about different settings was true, because we couldn't come up with any reason why it kept disconnecting. Methoes and I stayed in contact throughout.
It might have to do with some disruption on xbox live's end. There is a service alert on http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

I have kicking arc. Not sure what defensive art is.

Matt Young and I decided to let the CPU sim our game. If Packers win - good for him. If Seahawks win - good for me.

We can try again tomorrow if he wants to. I'm home all day.

Yeah that's on me. I knew my weekend was going to be busy, I should have done better keeping him in the loop. Ready to go today though.

That game was scary close to how the actual Redskins/Texans game played out last week.  Neither offense did much of anything, and a Redskins special team breakdown causes the loss in a 13-6 game. 

RG3's accuracy is brutal.  Not sure how you can miss a wide open screen pass.  I would have blown the game anyway, I'm sure of it, but come on now.

I'll get healthy against the CPU Jaguars next.

Good game 

Yeah that's on me. I knew my weekend was going to be busy, I should have done better keeping him in the loop. Ready to go today though.
It's cool. It takes everybody a little bit to get into the swing of things. That's why we use a four day advance. Communication is key though. Sometimes just laying out when you'll be available is the simplest, most efficient way to get a game scheduled though. Treat it like a doctor's appointment, haha.

Example: Week 2 will run from 9/16-9/19

"Hi, I see we're matched up this week. I can play from 6PM ET to 9PM ET (latest starting time) on 9/16, 9/17, and 9/18. And I can play from 6PM ET to 11PM ET on 9/19. If any of those ranges work for you, just pick a time, and we can get this game going. Thanks!"

Something like that eliminates a lot of the back and forth, saves people time, and leaves less room for confusion. That's just general advice for everybody too. Not singling out Heidenreich. :)

That game was scary close to how the actual Redskins/Texans game played out last week. Neither offense did much of anything, and a Redskins special team breakdown causes the loss in a 13-6 game.

RG3's accuracy is brutal. Not sure how you can miss a wide open screen pass. I would have blown the game anyway, I'm sure of it, but come on now.

I'll get healthy against the CPU Jaguars next.

Good game
Yea RG3 and Mallett missed some wide open short passes

But your O line was letting a four man pass rush get to you fast and if I sent 5 I was hitting RG3 in like 1 second

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they couldn't block a thing. My only good drive was the end of the half cause you played a bit of coverage. Then I got to the 20 and you blitzed 3 times and it was over. I needed 1 second for my hot read to clear the corner and I just didn't have it.

My fault for picking and rooting for a terrible team I guess.

Yeah they couldn't block a thing. My only good drive was the end of the half cause you played a bit of coverage. Then I got to the 20 and you blitzed 3 times and it was over. I needed 1 second for my hot read to clear the corner and I just didn't have it.

My fault for picking and rooting for a terrible team I guess.
Speaking as another "terrible team" fan, that's one of the really fun things with a league like this. It gives you kind of a bizarro world where you can run the team the way you think they should be run. Play to their strengths with better playcalling, trade for different players, target different players in free agency, scout different types of players in the draft, etc. Hopefully by season 3, you'll feel a lot differently, haha. :)

Oh, also, in case anyone is wondering...I PM'd Matt Young and Methoes to see if they have any intention of trying their connections again today. If they don't, we can advance shortly.

How are trades going to work this year? Same as always? I have yet to see anyone discuss it.

I don't think a single player has been traded yet. Sometimes it makes me miss DVO. 

In case you don't see the PM right away, Methoes and I will be able to attempt our game again at 4 P.M. Pacific time if you're okay with waiting til then.

How are trades going to work this year? Same as always? I have yet to see anyone discuss it.

I don't think a single player has been traded yet. Sometimes it makes me miss DVO.
There is a section on trades in the OP. But yeah, basically the same as we did it in the Fan's League last year.

I realize that, but I thought it was weird that there hadn't been any yet. Just making sure I hadn't missed anything. :D
lol...well, it is still week 1...and we only did 2 of the 4 preseason weeks...and some people didn't even play those. I guess a lot of people haven't gotten a really good look at their teams yet. But yeah...that hasn't ever stopped anybody before, lol. For now I'll just credit the trade cap. People gotta make sure those trades count. :)

As for DVO, yeah...that was an odd situation. He kind of went from being obsessed with Madden to disappearing entirely. He was like a Madden shooting star.

Go ahead and advance. We tried 3 more times with matching kicking arc and defensive graphics settings. First 2 times, we were disconnected in the opening minute. The last time, we made it into the 3rd before another desync. 6 tries over 2 days led to 5 desyncs and 1 frozen game.

On the positive side, Methoes/Seattle played very well in the time we did get to play, and- not that my endorsement means shit- I think he will make a good addition to this league.

Thanks Matt for the kind words. It's too bad that we couldn't get to finish our game. Not matter what the out come becomes after advance. I'm in it to make friends and have fun with Madden.

Go Hawks!!!

That's nice to see. Makes my job easy. :)

We have advanced to Week 2. We got a few hour head start on the advance, but that won't affect the deadline any. The deadline for Week 2 will still be 9/19.

In case anyone is wondering about free agency, we'll do a draft style round of free agency during Week 4...based on record. We'll probably divide into 3 groups since we've got 21 members. Full details will be given as we get closer to that time.

Madden hates us both, Methoes. I lost 27-3 and both Josh Sitton and Julius Peppers are out for 2 weeks. You lost Marshawn Lynch for 7 weeks. And I found out I can no longer buy $1.00's worth of Madden "points" for that 1 time purchase of the booster pack. The minimum has been changed to 500 points ($5). Suck it, EA Sports.

Bears/Niners will be playing tonight around 11:30-12 EST. if anybody wants to watch I'll stream it just let me know and I'll post the link here

Madden hates us both, Methoes. I lost 27-3 and both Josh Sitton and Julius Peppers are out for 2 weeks. You lost Marshawn Lynch for 7 weeks. And I found out I can no longer buy $1.00's worth of Madden "points" for that 1 time purchase of the booster pack. The minimum has been changed to 500 points ($5). Suck it, EA Sports.
Yup...booster pack, 2 pro packs, and then you have a nice 100 points left over that you can do nothing with, lol. Don't ask me how I know this...

tumblr_mdx91sOVb61qbsz3ko1_500_large.gif

You could buy the pack for $1 (89 cents with Access) before, but I chose to wait because I figured I'd use those guys online after getting in some practice via solo challenges.

It looks like Jweathers and I just disconnected. It was after he went for it on 4 and 10 on my 40ish. I was up 30-0. He had already gone for it on his 30ish on 4th and 11 the drive before. Not sure if it was an honest disconnection or what. Really weird. 

Edit: I should also note that this was the mid to end of the 3rd quarter. 

It looks like Jweathers and I just disconnected. It was after he went for it on 4 and 10 on my 40ish. I was up 30-0. He had already gone for it on his 30ish on 4th and 11 the drive before. Not sure if it was an honest disconnection or what. Really weird.

Edit: I should also note that this was the mid to end of the 3rd quarter.
Most laggy game ive played since madden 02 on ps2
The game paused everytime I passed.
We really should try to refrain from lobbing loaded statements around. Franchise has a myriad of connection problems right now. Just a couple posts up shows Matt Young and Methoes attempting to play 6 times and being disconnected every single time. The bigger issue here is that jweathers hasn't been able to complete a game yet (he's played siradam, myself, and now Dark Rider).

This COULD be all on EA's end, but I think we need to be as proactive as possible in trying to sort out these issues. I'll post the same thing I PM'd to Matt Young/Methoes earlier:

1. Are both of your NATs open? XB1 makes it really easy to see. All you have to do is go into settings and select "Network", and it'll tell you your NAT type right on there.

2. Try turning off kicking arc and defensive art in Madden. Defensive art is like the tackle cone and the button prompts for linemen and whatnot. I can't 100% remember if it's actually called "defensive art", but it's something like that. Defensive visual aids or whatever, haha.

3. This one is obvious, but have each of you send the invite too. It sucks but other than these basic troubleshooting steps, I don't know what else can be done. Good luck!

If anybody else has anything to add to this, feel free to share it. Making sure your connection is solid in other game modes (online ranked, MUT, etc) might be good to have as a reference too.

That said, for this specific game...30-0 near the end of the 3rd is likely worthy of allowing Dark Rider to play the CPU. IF you guys want to try to play again (just for the sake of figuring these damn connection issues out even), that's up to you.

---------------------------------------

Also, to specifically address the going for it on 4th down...since you seemed to bring attention to it as though there was something wrong about it....if he's down 30-0 in the 2nd half, he's desperate. It may not necessarily be smart to go for it on 4th down...but it at least shows he's still trying to win the game, meaning you can keep running your offense (including passing...at least in the 3rd quarter).

If he were just running the ball, chewing clock, and waving the white flag...then yeah, you could ease up and maybe show mercy. But if he's still aggressively putting up a fight, then just keep playing.

I completed week one fine no lag or anything. There was something weird that whole game
That's right. You played lvpatriots. I was thinking you had a CPU game. My bad. Well, that's good actually. That makes me feel a little better. Just gotta figure out why in the hell these disconnects are so prominent this year. I really hope EA is working on something.

That's right. You played lvpatriots. I was thinking you had a CPU game. My bad. Well, that's good actually. That makes me feel a little better. Just gotta figure out why in the hell these disconnects are so prominent this year. I really hope EA is working on something.
My other franchise folded due to desyncs

I completed week one fine no lag or anything. There was something weird that whole game
What kind of an error did the game give you? I got the "the connection to your peer has been lost" one (or something close to that.)

Also, after years of this Madden league, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. The reason I brought it up was it was just really weird that immediately after he failed to convert the fourth down it disconnected. it was probably just a coincidence. I am absolutely willing to assume it was just a connection problem. However, it was something that needed to be noted.

I am willing to do whatever Jweathers wants whether that is a sim, cpu, or play again.

The bears vs niners is starting. If you want to watch twitch.tv/msn1231

Patrick Willis pick 6!!

In my other league I haven't encountered any disconnects with my buddies. Hopefully I don't jinx myself!! Ready to play the Colts, hopefully it's the same result as the real life game that just ended ;)

What a game!!

It started out with a Patrick Willis 86 yard INT for a TD. He followed it up with a methodical drive for a 17 yd TD to Marshall. Forte added a 1 yd TD to start the 2nd. Kaep found McDonald for a 82 yd TD. He tacked on 10 more at half to make it 24-14. I shut him out in the 2nd half and Gore had a pair of TDs to make the final score 28-24 49ers.

Awesome game Chicago. I was going nuts I think I woke my roomate ha.

What a game!!

It started out with a Patrick Willis 86 yard INT for a TD. He followed it up with a methodical drive for a 17 yd TD to Marshall. Forte added a 1 yd TD to start the 2nd. Kaep found McDonald for a 82 yd TD. He tacked on 10 more at half to make it 24-14. I shut him out in the 2nd half and Gore had a pair of TDs to make the final score 28-24 49ers.

Awesome game Chicago. I was going nuts I think I woke my roomate ha.
Great game bro. I tried hitting Marshall on that last INT but he cut out of his post just as I threw it so it went right to a pack of 49ers. Awesome game though.

I watched the Twitch stream. I can confirm, it was a great game, haha. Bears offense looked unstoppable early, but the 49ers were able to make some defensive adjustments coming out of the half...and also converted some big 3rd downs in the 4th quarter. Kaepernick had a pretty incredible run to set up the game winning TD as well.

I'm really excited about Twitch streams for the playoffs/Super Bowl this year. I think we're going to have a great time with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back