Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's just other things besides Madden that is making this a down year for football for me. I can't turn on a sports channel without hearing about another domestic violence or child abuse case. Even playing fantasy this year isn't as fun when all the big names in your league are injured.
the fun part of fantasy is findin gems in the rough and not big name players. my opinion this domestic violence and chicld abuse stuff is going all crazy because you can't tell me this stuff never happend until this year. if anything blame this all on the media.

I don't care what happens i will always bleed for nfl football and seeing i come from city with one of the most storied franchises in football its hard to not love it.

There's just other things besides Madden that is making this a down year for football for me. I can't turn on a sports channel without hearing about another domestic violence or child abuse case. Even playing fantasy this year isn't as fun when all the big names in your league are injured.
I guess I get that. But ultimately, shit happens. It's life. They're still going to play the games, and I'm still going to do my best to enjoy them. Also, stop watching the news. It's good advice in general. While there is something to be said for being informed...there's also something to be said for not surrounding yourself with depressing stuff all the time.

It may sound bad to say, but horrible things happen every single day. The difference is what the media chooses to cover and what they don't. And we are currently living in a very "yellow journalism" kind of world again.

Guess I'll be removing him from my friends list.

I also don't understand people trading in their games too unless they get more than what they paid for. Spending $60 and trading\selling it for $30 is not worth it. You are losing money. I keep every game I ever buy just because I don't like the idea of losing $$$.

As for fantasy football - If don't know how to draft for depth or look at the schedule for players that might be sitting out during the playoff weeks (14, 15, 16, 17). Than you are just playing fantasy for fun. Football season is where I make my $$$ with fantasy and sports beating. Injuries are part of football - it happens.
Yeah, I'm not against trading as a general policy...but I'd really be questioning my judgment if I only got a month out of a game. These games are half finished a lot of times as is...and often not worth $60 to begin with. Buying them new and trading them in so soon is basically making both EA and Gamestop's dreams come true, haha.

Oh, also...the Broncos owner has been removed. So, you're good to play the CPU now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also don't understand people trading in their games too unless they get more than what they paid for. Spending $60 and trading\selling it for $30 is not worth it. You are losing money. I keep every game I ever buy just because I don't like the idea of losing $$$.
^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6okzqFmDQQ&feature=youtu.be

Browns scoring plays from their week 3 win over the CPU Ravens. Loving the record feature, lets you do fun things like this.

Was trying to get week 3 done this morning before real NFL starts. The game froze on me this morning. I was in the lead 3-0. Will try it again tonight after SNF.

Well...it doesn't seem like Dark Rider and I can play each other. Desync'd twice...in the first quarter both times...both games were running perfectly smooth. We both double checked our settings between games and I even turned on the DMZ on my router for my XB1 (even though my NAT was already open). Didn't make a damn bit of difference.

I told Dark Rider I'm starting to worry that we're going to see common denominators here with the same people having problems over and over again. The issue is, most of these people seem to be playing each other so far (me, Dark Rider, jweathers, etc). But so far, I've played Matt Young, jweathers, tony208, and now Dark Rider...and I've only been able to complete one of those games (against Matt).

I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm just in limbo. 80% of the league is playing fine...I just have no control over anything on my end. Really deflating. What a shit day.

I have only played 3 human opponents in CFM between my 2 leagues. Connected just fine with Nate and with the Seattle guy in my other league, but kept getting desync errors against Methoes here.

Tonight, I play user controlled Detroit in my other league. Then I will do the same against Detroit in this league whenever we schedule that. I will let you guys know if the game for my other league has issues. Obviously, you'll know about the one in the CAG league.

I have heard nothing from the Giants yet hope he can play early or late one day because I work funky hours during the week.

I pulled this off in online ranked earlier. I was very proud of myself, haha. Kinda sad that due to these desyncs, online ranked is the highlight of my Madden playing now. That really feels like a new low...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gA0-bbAguE&list=UUv3NwMy64M-ETSasnUK1vEQ

I pulled this off in online ranked earlier. I was very proud of myself, haha. Kinda sad that due to these desyncs, online ranked is the highlight of my Madden playing now. That really feels like a new low...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gA0-bbAguE&list=UUv3NwMy64M-ETSasnUK1vEQ
I like this, especially the dive into the end zone. My favorite part of ranked is helping to make it the cesspool that it is. 3 rules of ranked:

1. No punting

2. Hurry up

3. Celebrate

I like this, especially the dive into the end zone. My favorite part of ranked is helping to make it the cesspool that it is. 3 rules of ranked:

1. No punting

2. Hurry up

3. Celebrate
Haha! We should make an Official Asshole CAG League. The rules would be:

1. You may not punt. (Always go for it on fourth)

2. You must run hurry up for every play. NO EXCEPTIONS.

3. Fantasy draft. (So everyone can pick for speed and nothing else)

4. RUN THE SCORE UP!

In all honesty, it could be kind of entertaining, so as long as everyone played like an idiot.

1. No punting

2. Hurry up

3. Celebrate
LOL...oh, believe me. He deserved it. :) He was definitely a member of the "Yes! I finally gained some yards! I better run a hurry up because I'm too dumb to figure out how to move my offense any other way!" club.

And yeah, his opening TD in the 1st quarter came on a 4th and 11. I think he "only" went for 2-3 4th downs...but I also intercepted him 4 times, lol.

You can just tell who the spazzy ADHD, tl:dr crowd is in ranked. Every time I would score, he'd be dicking around with his FG Block line, audibling, and generally being a dumbass. So, I'd just wait practically the full time to kick the PAT. Then, I'd pause the game afterward, lol.

Seahawks win in Week 3 against the Broncos. 21-0

Wilson throw 2 picks but did have a TD.

Michaels ran for 100+ for 2 weeks in a row.

Turbin did also score a TD in garbage time.

Special Team came away with a fumble recovery for a TD.

Defense came through and sack Manning and injured him for 2 quarters. No picks for Sherman this week.

Bye week next week so I'll be watching how everyone plays out.

Go Hawks!!!

I got fucking rocked by Detroit in 2 games- 1 for each league I'm in. No desync issues. I hate kicking field goals with no kicking arc, though. The game gives no indication whatsoever of the wind speed. I aimed a 35 yarder to the right of the goal post, nailed the power and direction almost perfectly, and the ball sailed about as far left as possible.

I got fucking rocked by Detroit in 2 games- 1 for each league I'm in. No desync issues. I hate kicking field goals with no kicking arc, though. The game gives no indication whatsoever of the wind speed. I aimed a 35 yarder to the right of the goal post, nailed the power and direction almost perfectly, and the ball sailed about as far left as possible.
Yeah, I think this is a glitch. When that happens, it's just so horrifically off, I can't believe that it's wind. I know one of the new things with the kicking game is your kicker's accuracy rating having a hand in how easily you can hit the middle of the meter. But when you have it almost perfect, it doesn't make sense to completely shank it like that.

The only other thing I can think of is that if you angle the arrow down like you could do in last year's game to kick a line drive and get a little extra distance, that makes you even less accurate...causing those horrifying attempts. I know at least one of the times it happened to me, I had done that.

That kick was seriously messed up. Plus...we were in a dome so it wasn't the wind.

I miss the kick arc and changing camera angles. I like to zoom in while running and zoom out while passing. Plus the kick arc helps with punting and FGs. I understand we need to leave it off for now, but since I personally have never had a desync...I feel compelled to whine about it :p

With that said, I'd rather deal with a static camera angle then have to repeatedly start games over.

That kick was seriously messed up. Plus...we were in a dome so it wasn't the wind.

I miss the kick arc and changing camera angles. I like to zoom in while running and zoom out while passing. Plus the kick arc helps with punting and FGs. I understand we need to leave it off for now, but since I personally have never had a desync...I feel compelled to whine about it :p

With that said, I'd rather deal with a static camera angle then have to repeatedly start games over.
Ha...good point, staticz. Yeah, Matt. It was the SILVERDOME...brother!

Yeah, the kicking arc feels like a security blanket. I want to say it's "cheating", but I like it a lot, lol. I'd be more than happy to turn it back on if EA would ever fix the damn game. :)

Honestly I did change everything like kicking arc to the recommended settings prior to tonight's first game. (As I told jweathers) First disconnect said my opponent was booted for excessive grieving which seemed odd. Second game played start to finish with no issues on my end, good game to the Falcons. 

Well, I lost the sim to the Bengals 31-21...so there goes my perfect season, haha. Although, unless he was already injured, Dark Rider lost Domata Peko for 43 weeks with a complete PCL tear. That's a crazy injury, man!

Ok, we have advanced to Week 4. So, now we're going to do a round of free agency. For those of you who have never done this before, the way it works is we will divide into 3 groups (we have 20 members now...so we'll just do 6, 7, 7) to select free agents. 

Group 1 gets to go first and ANY team in Group 1 may sign ONE free agent. As long as it is your GROUP'S turn to choose a free agent, you DO NOT have to wait for the team ahead of you to choose. Your rosters SHOULD be at 53 players, so you will have to release a player to sign a free agent (if for some reason you do not have 53 players, you don't have to drop anyone...and we'll sort that out later). You MUST post in this thread in the following format before making your acquisition in game:

Team: Your Team

Player Added: Name, Position

Player Dropped: Name, Position

Posting that in this thread is what gives you rights to that player. If somebody posts in the thread that they're taking a guy, and you sign him, you'll have to give him up and sign somebody else.

All right, now that we're clear on that, Group 1, you may now sign a free agent.

Group 1

1. Washington Redskins

2. Houston Texans

3. New York Giants

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

5. Chicago Bears

6. Green Bay Packers

Well, I lost the sim to the Bengals 31-21...so there goes my perfect season, haha. Although, unless he was already injured, Dark Rider lost Domata Peko for 43 weeks with a complete PCL tear. That's a crazy injury, man!
I really hate to see either team lose without a fair chance. Hopefully, I will see you in the playoffs when this game is fixed.

Woah, that is a really serious injury. I guess he's going on IR.

Team: Giants

Player Added: Cameron Fleming RT

Player Dropped: None. (Somehow I am the asshole who has 52 players on my roster)

Can you list groups 2 and 3,and let us know what times they start?

Thanks!
Group 2 can make their selection starting at 9PM ET tonight and consists of the following:

7. Atlanta Falcons

8. New Orleans Saints

9. Carolina Panthers

10. Minnesota Vikings

11. Tennessee Titans

12. Philadelphia Eagles

13. Cincinnati Bengals

Group 3 will go tomorrow night (9/25) at 9PM ET

14. Cleveland Browns

15. Miami Dolphins

16. Seattle Seahawks

17. New England Patriots