Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 seconds left 2 and goal and picks a 5 wide play and throws a pick instead of pounding it in with beast mode who had 100 yards 

I think Pete Carol was playing a ranked game in madden or something. 

Went to play after the Super Bowl, go up 10-0 with 2 seconds left in the first and what happens? The game craps out on me and kicks me back to the homepage. Might be done with Madden. Don't want to deal with this nonsense as often as I have.

Ok, guys. We have advanced to Week 11. The deadline for this week will be 2/5.

Also, in case anybody missed it, the Madden simulation that EA did predicted the exact score of the Super Bowl...with the exact 10 point lead that Seattle had...and the exact game winning TD pass from Brady to Edelman on the left side of the field.

All the things EA can't get right...and they hit that one dead on, lol.

[youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAE6XPdLSxw

[/youtube]

20 seconds left 2 and goal and picks a 5 wide play and throws a pick instead of pounding it in with beast mode who had 100 yards

I think Pete Carol was playing a ranked game in madden or something.
Even Ask Madden would have pounded the rock in there. I'll take it.

Oh, and hey guys! :)

Happened again. I managed to put the Browns on indefinite auto, but I'm officially done. Not gonna try and play a game when it freezes up this often.

GG n8 lots of  madden moments in this game and you knocked my rookie QB out for 4 weeks on my dumb run play

Haha, yeah...that was about the only thing I did right in that game. I wasn't trying to hurt him. I was hoping for a fumble/scoop/yay we scored play. But that was not in the cards. That pick 6 early was a weird play. I mean, I knew the coverage was there, but I thought my receiver had position where if I threw to the outside, he could catch it in stride. But then he just gave up the position and made no effort to go for the ball or stop your streaking LB in any way.

That basically changed the momentum entirely...especially with you getting the ball back to start the 2nd half. I started getting way too aggressive, couldn't run anymore, and then couldn't catch a break to let me back into the game. That one throw down the sideline in the 4th quarter where Hunter made the over the shoulder catch was about the only "big" play I had all game. And it was way too little, too late by then. At least I didn't get shut out, I guess, lol. Good game to you though. That Houston defense is just brutal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need seattle set to cpu so I can get this game In
Wasn't he on auto already or did he take himself off it? Have you checked?

Regardless, an hour before the deadline isn't the time to be notifying me of this. You should have PM'd me earlier today when you posted about not hearing from him. Had I known about it then, I could have made it a point to get on my XB1 to make sure he was on auto.

Generally speaking, if you haven't heard from your opponent by the day of the deadline, it's perfectly acceptable to ask that they be put on auto...just do it with a little more notice. I'll do it this time. But turning my Xbox on just to do this feels pretty stupid.

EDIT - Case in point...just turned it on and I have a system update to download. So, there you go. I'll get to it when that's done.

Ok sorry. It's not a big deal if you don't. I just realized today was the final day and I hadn't seen or heard from him. Sorry for not giving more notice. I think you had it on but he switched it back when we played the first time. Everytime I tried playing him earlier it would send a invite. Wouldn't allow CPU.

Ok sorry. It's not a big deal if you don't. I just realized today was the final day and I hadn't seen or heard from him. Sorry for not giving more notice. I think you had it on but he switched it back when we played the first time. Everytime I tried playing him earlier it would send a invite. Wouldn't allow CPU.
Ok, well, he's on infinite auto now. If he ever wants to play again, he can change it back. If you still want to play it, go ahead. I'll advance us before I go to bed.

Titans - 20

Broncos - 19

Wow...what a game. Titans kick the game winning field goal from 46 yards out as time expires.

I really didn't feel like I was going to come out on top in this one. My rookie QBs growing pains continue, and it felt like any ball that wasn't perfectly accurate was picked off in the first half. Tennessee went down 13-0 before finally picking up a TD on a deep ball to Justin Hunter. The Titans had a chance to go into the half with the lead after Matt Prater missed a 58 yard field goal (he made one from 57 yards in the 1st quarter)...but another deep ball to Hunter was intercepted with 0:08 left.

The 2nd half looked to be more bad news for the Titans, as a very odd INT occurred on a play where it distincly looks like Justin Hunter was shoved in the back. Looking at the replay, you can see the Denver DB come in...and he does make a play on the ball, but while doing so, he basically screws up Hunter's "going for the ball" animation, and Hunter just kind of warps a foot to the right, then on his next stride, he slides back to the left where the ball is. By then, it's too late, and the ball is intercepted. No flag because...well, Madden doesn't have the slightest clue how to decipher pass interference.

Fortunately, for Tennessee, Jason McCourty gets them the ball right back two plays later with an INT of his own. This leads to a Titans field goal and a 13-10 score. After this, the Tennessee defense held strong, only allowing field goals, and keeping their offense in the game. Trailing 16-10, Kendall Wright caught a pass down the right sideline, broke a tackle, and went streaking 76 yards for a go-ahead TD with 3:45 to play.

Trailing 17-16 and with plenty of time, Denver went right back to work...marching all the way to the Titans 39 yard line with 2:15 left in the game. With both the clock and the field position working against them, the Titans defense went for broke, forcing losses on the next two plays. Faced with a 3rd and 15 at the Titans 44 yard line, Denver ran a draw play, picking up 7 yards, and setting up a go-ahead 53 yard field goal. Despite kicking into the wind, Prater splits the uprights with 1:30 left to play.

90 seconds, two timeouts left, and down 19-17, the Titans began their comeback attempt at their own 23 yard line. Mixing in some run plays, Tennessee picked up two critical 3rd and 1 plays, before rookie QB Garret Bradford again found Kendall Wright tiptoeing through the tulips along the sideline on a 3rd and 10 from the Titans 48. Wright goes out of bounds at the Denver 32 with 0:08 left in the game. With one timeout remaining, Tennessee brought in Shonn Greene to try to get them as close as he could. Greene was able to move the ball 3 yards closer for kicker Ryan Succop, and the Titans pulled off another close win.

Great game, dr0ppinl0adz. With the INTs your guys were getting early, I thought I was going to get my ass handed to me like in my last game. I tried to keep myself from getting too aggressive though and making a bad situation worse. I was fortunate that your defense decided to just stop cleanly catching anything thrown its way in the 4th and actually just knocked a few passes down. In one way, you kind of got screwed by that...but in another way, those first 3 INTs were way too perfect, haha. I guess that's Madden and it somehow finds a way of balancing out. It was a fun game though, and I'm sure we'll meet again!

It was a good game. I sent my bread n butter blitz 3 times that whole game. First time it worked, the next 2 went for TD's of 40+ and 70+ yards. D'oh! Those 2 calls made a huge impact.
Thought I had the game but it was a nice pass on 3rd and 10 to set up that FG at the end.

Saints defense stepped up for a 21-6 win in front of their home crowd against the rival Panthers.

GG Deuce, after dropping the first 3 to you this year, it felt nice to get a win.

Wish I could've got those two tds to Greg Olsen... Both times he stopped running right when the pass was thrown. GG tho...

Sorry, guys. I've been out today celebrating the holiday with my family.

Ok, so here's what happened last night, lol...whenever the app wasn't working, I'm pretty sure the website was down too because it wouldn't load for me for a good two hours after advance time. Once I finally was able to get it to load (around 2 AM), I clicked advance, the page reloaded, but was still showing us still on the same week...and I didn't have any option to advance anymore.

Soooo...I'm about to load up the game right now to figure out what in the hell is going on. Here's hoping nothing is broken.

Ok, that worked. Somehow, I think it just put me on "ready to advance". I don't think I clicked that, but I suppose at 2 AM, anything is possible. Kind of funny that the website takes away commissioner powers if you're "ready to advance" though, lol. I remember a similar thing happening one year when I put myself on autopilot while on vacation.

Anyway, WE HAVE ADVANCED to Week 14. The deadline for this week will be 2/18.

Titans - 21

Panthers - 14

The Titans finished up a crazy stretch of 6 out of 7 games vs human opponents with a solid win over Carolina. Tennessee struck early in this one, when a 3rd down pass found Mike Williams along the sideline. Williams avoided a tackle, and beat everybody to the end zone for the quick 7-0 lead.

The Panthers were forced to punt on their opening drive, and again, the Titans offense moved the ball downfield until an INT at the Carolina 12 yard line stopped their momentum. Again, the Tennessee defense responded, forcing another Carolina punt with 1:35 left in the half. After trading INTs, the Titans found themselves with the ball at the Panthers 34 yard line with 0:23 left in the first half.

Content to take a field goal and a 10-0 lead into the half, Tennessee ran the ball. But a timeout by the Panthers on a 2nd and 4 at the 17 yard line with 0:10 left gave the Titans a nudge toward calling a passing play (I assume deuce was trying to bait me into throwing a pick, lol). Instead, Justin Hunter caught a TD over the middle to give Tennessee a 14-0 edge.

The Panthers came roaring back though as a "dun goof'd" coverage play and another Garret Bradford INT led to two very nicely thrown balls by Newton which knotted the game up at 14 all. The Titans took the ball as the 4th quarter began, and worked a long drive, converting a couple 3rd downs, and finally running the ball in for a TD with 60 seconds left to play.

Carolina made one last effort at a comeback, until Cam Newton threw an INT to Michael Griffin to ice the game for Tennessee. Good game, deuce! Like you said, with all those turnovers, I guess your offense just took the day off. I did my best though...tried to give you different defensive looks and anticipate certain aspects of your offense. I'll take the 3 sacks and 2 INTs my defense put up.

With only two dropped passes for me and one drop for you, one pass deflection each, and no fumbles for either side. I at least felt like neither of us got "Maddened"...so that's always a plus. Good game.

Are the Redskins still owned? just curious since I have to play them in two weeks.
Last I knew they were. Other than the ones that have been obviously mentioned and marked in the OP, I assume everybody is still interested in playing...even if they don't play all of their CPU games.

Should we bother re-signing players? Just wasn't sure if there was any chance for another season given the low number of players. I have had some great games lately with RevCottonMarcus and stepano.

Should we bother re-signing players? Just wasn't sure if there was any chance for another season given the low number of players. I have had some great games lately with RevCottonMarcus and stepano.
Yeah, I'm down for another season. Also Matt, I don't think "great" does those games any justice. I was thinking maybe "outstanding" or "instant classic". Lol.

I'm definitely down for another season!

Maybe with a change to All-Madden since we have so many CPU games?
I guess I wouldn't be opposed to switching to All-Madden for the final season since we'll basically only be left with the hardcore players. My only concern would be how the game absolutely just bones you with shit luck sometimes even on All-Pro. I mean, I guess if the end result for a 3rd season is "who cares", then it doesn't matter...and to be honest, I'm surprised anybody is even interested in doing a 3rd season. But I could definitely see that as a possibility.

I'd rather keep the difficulty where it's at if we do another. Even though I haven't played CPU games, it does still affect the AI in the user vs. user games. But I'll play either way, if we do this.

I'd rather keep the difficulty where it's at if we do another. Even though I haven't played CPU games, it does still affect the AI in the user vs. user games. But I'll play either way, if we do this.
The biggest reason I'd be for it is just because it really feels like a throwaway season that not many people (including myself) counted on anyway. So, that's probably as good of a place for testing new things as we're going to get. Come on, Matt. It's like butt sex. How do you know you don't like it if you haven't tried it? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back