Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

The rule in place now is to protect from people going 4 or 5 wide and then taking off. That's cheese. A read-option offense is not, it's part of the game now so get used to seeing it.

And no I won't be using Joe Webb, he's a receiver now. I'll be running it with Matt Cassel :spam:

No positive impressions so far?

I have six games on All Madden under my belt now and I really like the overhaul to the passing game. It's much better than it's been in past years as scrub corners no longer jump routes when you have them beat by a couple steps. Sideline routes finally work like they're supposed to. I also noticed that the outside corners randomly come over to help when in zone coverage, which was unheard of in past Maddens where they'd be locked in their zones.

Despite that help, the defense is ineffective. I was getting bludgeoned by Lynch and Gore even when stacking the box. And I could not stop the pass to save my life. You can't really cover the field with a super safety or linebacker anymore, which I certainly welcome.

It will take some time to adjust but I think the league is wide open if you put the time in. Passing has never been this smooth. I'm not going to call an EA sports game realistic, but this is the closest it's been since Madden 05.
I've only played 3 games but agree for the most part. I just don't like the idea of 'keep making the offense better' when they should be focusing on making the defense better. Comebacks and out routes are automatic catches.

The game changed a lot between the demo and release last year, I expect the same this year. I was running with Lynch and instead of falling over when he hit a lineman, he pushed off and changed directions which was a welcome change.

Last edited by a moderator:
feel bad for ea making read option a big deal and it will be nothing in nfl in a year or two once teams figure out how to stop it.
Pretty sure you are wrong here, mainly because there are not enough QBs coming out of college that sit in the pocket and pass. Sure the QBs that do will be 'the best' but I think you're going to see a lot of a hybrid offense coming in the future. This isn't nearly as gimmicky as the wildcat.

Pretty sure you are wrong here, mainly because there are not enough QBs coming out of college that sit in the pocket and pass. Sure the QBs that do will be 'the best' but I think you're going to see a lot of a hybrid offense coming in the future. This isn't nearly as gimmicky as the wildcat.
it might still happen but teams will find ways to stop it heck here in Green bay all the talk this offseason was how packers sent def coaches to texas a&m to learn how to stop this thing. The nfl is a passing league and will never change. A qb will not have long career if he runs like kaper and rg3 does.

it might still happen but teams will find ways to stop it heck here in Green bay all the talk this offseason was how packers sent def coaches to texas a&m to learn how to stop this thing. The nfl is a passing league and will never change. A qb will not have long career if he runs like kaper and rg3 does.
Except it's easier to find a athletic read option qb to replace your injured started than it is to find multiple pocket passers that can be great. If a read option qb is smart, he's in no more danger than a pocket qb.

Except it's easier to find a athletic read option qb to replace your injured started than it is to find multiple pocket passers that can be great. If a read option qb is smart, he's in no more danger than a pocket qb.
Exactly. RG3 won't be around for as long as Kapernick. He never got down in college and has proved he isn't going to get down in the pros.

I've only played 3 games but agree for the most part. I just don't like the idea of 'keep making the offense better' when they should be focusing on making the defense better. Comebacks and out routes are automatic catches.
We're definitely on the same page here. It bothers me that EA really doesn't really pay attention to defense in any of their games (though they claim to). NHL is the same way. You get players who just stand back and let things happen in front of them. Meanwhile, the offense gets loaded up with another feature to make scoring easier. If they keep it up, I feel like it's just going to reach a breaking point where all of a sudden we're playing an "NBA Jam" like game.

The precision modifier stuff worries me for running the ball because it seems like it amounts to "how to get the defender to make a bad play". Granted, a lot of times, you'll probably be going one on one with against another human. But that "hold LT, then let go, then press RT for a speed burst" thing seemed really cheesy. The defender pretty much never made a play on that.

Anyone else feel like the precision modifier is unnecessary? Why not just keep it how it was but depending on the players ratings/play style they did more or different moves? Seems like they added it in just to try and say they are making it more complicated. My problem with EA, is that every year they feel like they waste time and resources on stuff that doesn't matter. The sideline reporter, the precision modifier and the skills trainer come to mind(not sure why they ever stopped doing the training camp minigames if they were going to bring back a worse version of it. We all know they will come out next year and talk about how they have this "NEW" training camp mode)

i don't mind the sidline reporter seeing im a huge feel like tv kind of a guy. I will say im not a fan of the version 2.0 of infinity engine. iknow in ncaa 14 i see tons of guys once again sliding to locations on the field to make tackle attemps or catch a ball which was not the case in madden last year. Now seeing we can't view replays in demos (which is dumb) it's hard to tell if madden has the same issue. Why can't ea just use back breaker type of physics and combine that with the smooth gameplay they have and you have best football game to date.

I'm seeing close to 10 injuries per game after turning off accelerated clock. Lost Rodgers and Lacy quite a few times. 

Also don't forget to take advantage of the new EA PC Humble Bundle. https://www.humblebundle.com/

$5 for Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2, Mirror's Edge, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3, and the Sims 3

Best bundle I've ever seen. 

I'm seeing close to 10 injuries per game after turning off accelerated clock. Lost Rodgers and Lacy quite a few times.

Also don't forget to take advantage of the new EA PC Humble Bundle. https://www.humblebundle.com/

$5 for Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2, Mirror's Edge, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3, and the Sims 3

Thank God it's not just me! lol. I knew I was making a bit of a snap judgment on it, but the injuries just felt way off. That could spell serious trouble for franchises. NHL 13 was like that last year...and it got to a point where people were missing half their team, and were almost running out of players they could call up from the AHL. It resulted in "invalid roster" errors and just a complete mess. Hopefully either the injury slider actually works or there's a day one patch for it.

As for the Humble Bundle, yeah, that deal just makes me never want to own a console ever again, haha. Don't forget the bonus games too. For $5, you not only get those 8 games, but probably 3 more...rumored to be anything from Dead Space 2 (likely), Crysis, Mass Effect, etc.

Also don't forget to take advantage of the new EA PC Humble Bundle. https://www.humblebundle.com/

i donated to that for charity but already have all those games so i gave those codes away to friends

Thank God it's not just me! lol. I knew I was making a bit of a snap judgment on it, but the injuries just felt way off. That could spell serious trouble for franchises. NHL 13 was like that last year...and it got to a point where people were missing half their team, and were almost running out of players they could call up from the AHL. It resulted in "invalid roster" errors and just a complete mess. Hopefully either the injury slider actually works or there's a day one patch for it.

As for the Humble Bundle, yeah, that deal just makes me never want to own a console ever again, haha. Don't forget the bonus games too. For $5, you not only get those 8 games, but probably 3 more...rumored to be anything from Dead Space 2 (likely), Crysis, Mass Effect, etc.
Yeah definitely not just you. I thought it was due to fatigue, but there are serious injuries happening within the first ten plays of the game. Oh EA. I guess they're making up for their mediocre sports games and Sim City fiasco by offering up this bundle. :lol:

Yeah definitely not just you. I thought it was due to fatigue, but there are serious injuries happening within the first ten plays of the game. Oh EA. I guess they're making up for their mediocre sports games and Sim City fiasco by offering up this bundle. :lol:
Sim City...doom I hate you for reminding me about that piece of shit. So much potential.

The verdict is in: I still suck at Madden. :D

Played a couple games these past 2 days. Lost one. And had to leave at halftime tied another. Just wait til I get this option thing down...

The verdict is in: I still suck at Madden. :D

Played a couple games these past 2 days. Lost one. And had to leave at halftime tied another. Just wait til I get this option thing down...
I haven't played around with the read option at all outside of the skills trainer, but when you run it, does the game still give you the option of throwing with your QB? Or is it treated like a designed QB run?

I haven't played around with the read option at all outside of the skills trainer, but when you run it, does the game still give you the option of throwing with your QB? Or is it treated like a designed QB run?
Designed QB run. You have the LB toss and/or the A hand-off, depending on the play. But if you don't do either the QB will just take off and there's no pass options.

Designed QB run. You have the LB toss and/or the A hand-off, depending on the play. But if you don't do either the QB will just take off and there's no pass options.
Hmm...well, in terms of Madden, I can't really see it being any more effective than the wildcat or even a reverse...since that basically breaks it down to slight of hand. If the defense commits to the run with flats coverage or spying DEs/LBs, I'd imagine they're going to be in pretty good position. Unless the game just does something stupid like make the players incapable because of how "deceptive" the play; is, it just doesn't seem as big of a gamble without the threat of the QB improvising and hitting a wide open receiver 15 yards down field.

The only way to effectively stop it in NCAA is to always have the defense take the qb, which makes the linebacker who is being read stay home and never go for the rb at the mesh point then stack the middle of the defense to stop the hb dive with one less guy. If you don't make the lb take the qb you'll have to commit to getting the qb with the safety or you'll have to blitz. Read option is all about numbers (only way it's like the wildcat)

More impressions..

I still love the passing but All-Madden and the defense in general is a joke this year. It's way too easy.I'm averaging 400 yds a game through the air which is ridiculous. On the flip side, I am completely useless on defense. The CPU blocking is flawless on nearly every play. I feel like the guy I'm usering is in quicksand right when I switch to make a play on the ball. Expect some 70-63 type games if EA doesn't fix the defense. Feels like Madden 11 with improved passing.

More impressions..

I still love the passing but All-Madden and the defense in general is a joke this year. It's way too easy.I'm averaging 400 yds a game through the air which is ridiculous. On the flip side, I am completely useless on defense. The CPU blocking is flawless on nearly every play. I feel like the guy I'm usering is in quicksand right when I switch to make a play on the ball. Expect some 70-63 type games if EA doesn't fix the defense. Feels like Madden 11 with improved passing.
this is a pretty old build of the game in this demo i cna tell that. I played madden 25 at e3 and the def was not like this in that version o played. so im thinking alot of this shoudl be fixed in retail verison. Plus might i add all madden has always been unplayable unless you have decent sliders.

decent sliders.
Just a forewarning - unless something is completely dicked we don't use sliders here. Sliders are usually pretty biased to the way a person thinks the game should play.

In my opinion, the only way to keep the game fair is for us to use default sliders.

Hopefully Madden is adding a reputation rating to the draft picks so I can avoid having any of my 4th round picks murdering people.

I honestly wouldnt mind trying all-madden maybe it would help aganst retarded AI reactions.

For example on madden 13 we were playing on all-pro right? if so I had a lot of situations where my CB would just sit there and let people run around him and not react lol

I honestly wouldnt mind trying all-madden maybe it would help aganst retarded AI reations.

For example on madden 13 we were playing on all-pro right? if so I had a lot of situations where my CB would just sit there and let people run around him and not react lol
But if the game is already skewed toward offense, wouldn't turning up the difficulty just widen the gap? That's at least what I've been seeing in the couple times I switched to All-Madden. I think, in general, EA just doesn't know how to program defense. So, in upping the difficulty, what happens is you get scrub offensive players playing way over their heads. Two specific examples I can give is that on All-Madden, Graham Harrell went 5-6 for 61 yards in one quarter...while Aaron Rodgers, on All-Pro, went 6-10 for 60 yards in an entire half. Graham Harrell is a 62 OVR and Aaron Rodgers is a 98 OVR. If the defense was being scaled up the same as the offense, you wouldn't get this huge of a change, especially considering the difference in overall rating.

Another anecdotal example is how effective a mediocre back like Eddie Lacy became thanks to All-Madden. I was routinely blowing him up in the backfield on All-Pro. But once I switched to All-Madden, he was just running through people. There was even one play where I had two LBs all over him right as he took the handoff, and he just rolled right off of both hits. How can you really interpret that kind of stuff as a "harder game" and not just "extra bullshit"? If the defensive players aren't given that same kind of bump in "ability" it feels like it would just create more problems.

For people who want to test it out, I'd recommend changing the difficulty at halftime. At least that way, it's within the context of the same game, and you can be reasonably certain that you're not playing any differently, or that your players aren't just having a bad game. That should give you a decent idea of how much it changes things.

Hey guys, I have been out of the country for the last month or so and just got the message about the league. Can I be added to the waiting list so I am ready to go for the season when my name is called?

Mile High, you'll be added to the waiting list! Sorry we couldn't get ahold of you before you left the country. Keep your ear open. Someone always quits early;) 

All offensive ratings have been released. You can find the link to the spreadsheet at this link. 

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/madden-25-player-ratings-offense

QUARTERBACK
1. Aaron Rodgers (98)
T-2. Tom Brady (97)
T-2. Peyton Manning (97)
4. Drew Brees (96)
5. Matt Ryan (94)

RUNNING BACK
1. Adrian Peterson (99)
2. Marshawn Lynch (96)
3. Arian Foster (95)
T-4. Ray Rice (94)
T-4. Jamaal Charles (94)

WIDE RECEIVERS AND TIGHT ENDS
1. Calvin Johnson (99)
2. Rob Gronkowski (98)
3. Andre Johnson (97)
T-4. Jason Witten (96)
T-4. Jimmy Graham (96)

OFFENSIVE LINE
1. Evan Mathis (98)
T-2. Joe Thomas (97)
T-2. Marshal Yanda (97)
T-4. Josh Sitton (96)
T-4. Joe Staley (96)

To help defend against the option, hold the left trigger and press X or A to crash to the RB or stay home on the QB.
This is one of those things they definitely should have made more obvious, but will definitely help with at least containing the read option. Also am I the only one who did not realize you could manually trigger dumping a Gatorade bucket on your head coach since Madden 11?

This is one of those things they definitely should have made more obvious, but will definitely help with at least containing the read option. Also am I the only one who did not realize you could manually trigger dumping a Gatorade bucket on your head coach since Madden 11?
i seen that i was like what lol why don't ea ever show off cool things like that i tested it in madden 13 and worked.

I'll be doing the early release this year, so if anyone has any questions on connected franchise or anything in general just let me know and I'll keep an eye out for it.

Also for those of you who are interested in an owners league and have enough time for two leagues, I'm running an owners league on Cag. You can follow the link in my sig or pm me.

early release is only 5 days away :) will be long day at work that day. Thankfully i will not miss playing time seeing most of the time early release is not out till 6 edt.

So, How hard is it to hit someone ABOVE their Knees, and Below their Neck? 

Just curious. Slightly pissed off about Keller right now. Not for madden purposes, but our real life season. Tannehill loved keller;-/ 

Just curious. Slightly pissed off about Keller right now. Not for madden purposes, but our real life season. Tannehill loved keller;-/
The hit looked fairly clean and to be honest it will be tough to sell as a hit with inent to injur.

With that said, I feel bad for the Dolphins as Keller was going to be a great safety blanket for them this season and I fully expected big things from him this year.

The problem with above the knee and below the neck is that a lot of times, you can make initial contact on the shoulder or chest but then ride up into the head. So a lot of players are aiming below the chest to avoid the penalties. That leaves about a 2-3 foot zone to hit.  Then throw in the speed they're moving at and you get an idea as to why it's so difficult.

It looked like a clean hit to me. It looked like he hit Keller on his outer leg above his knee and it caused his knee to bend the other way when falling from the hit.

Bad news for the Dolphins though. I expected Keller to do big things over there.

But if the game is already skewed toward offense, wouldn't turning up the difficulty just widen the gap? That's at least what I've been seeing in the couple times I switched to All-Madden. I think, in general, EA just doesn't know how to program defense. So, in upping the difficulty, what happens is you get scrub offensive players playing way over their heads. Two specific examples I can give is that on All-Madden, Graham Harrell went 5-6 for 61 yards in one quarter...while Aaron Rodgers, on All-Pro, went 6-10 for 60 yards in an entire half. Graham Harrell is a 62 OVR and Aaron Rodgers is a 98 OVR. If the defense was being scaled up the same as the offense, you wouldn't get this huge of a change, especially considering the difference in overall rating.

Another anecdotal example is how effective a mediocre back like Eddie Lacy became thanks to All-Madden. I was routinely blowing him up in the backfield on All-Pro. But once I switched to All-Madden, he was just running through people. There was even one play where I had two LBs all over him right as he took the handoff, and he just rolled right off of both hits. How can you really interpret that kind of stuff as a "harder game" and not just "extra bullshit"? If the defensive players aren't given that same kind of bump in "ability" it feels like it would just create more problems.

For people who want to test it out, I'd recommend changing the difficulty at halftime. At least that way, it's within the context of the same game, and you can be reasonably certain that you're not playing any differently, or that your players aren't just having a bad game. That should give you a decent idea of how much it changes things.

The Eddie Lacy situation would be different because it would be a user controlling them so all those broken tackles would not happen. I agree with some of what you are saying but its so frustrating when your playing doomtime in a championship game and its 3rd and 1 and he runs the sweep and my outside corner doesnt react and lets him get outside for 20 just sucks from my point of view lol

If we're gonna use the madden generated classes or import from NCAA
I'm all for using imported drafts if the ratings are reasonable. I feel drafting real life prospects is more fun/interesting than the made up ones that EA will be doing. Plus no draft guides and the people that put their points/time into scouting will have an advantage.

bread's done
Back