Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

yeah but what is the difference from 'enabled' to 'no'? that just sounds like...you're going from 0 to 0 <_<. is it a case where you have to progress 0-0-1 (if you get what i mean), or is 'no' better than 'enabled'? because it doesn't sound like it is lol?

In my experiences when using traits like that and fight for extra yards , and bull rush , it means they will go for big hit , etc when cpu controlled, hit power still matters and tackle so it kinda depends if you have good tacklers already and want them to go for more big hits, I still would invest some xp in hit power and tackling , at least thats what I did before using those traits , but I like to user everything so it works for me to increase the intangibles.

yeah but what is the difference from 'enabled' to 'no'? that just sounds like...you're going from 0 to 0 <_<. is it a case where you have to progress 0-0-1 (if you get what i mean), or is 'no' better than 'enabled'? because it doesn't sound like it is lol?
Um...enabled means "on" and no means "off"? Not sure why you think it's going from 0 to 0. If you buy the trait, your guy gets an extra boost on his hitting. If you don't buy it, he doesn't get a boost. The way you worded it "from enabled to no" makes it sound like you turn it off by buying it. It's the other way around. It goes from no to enabled.

If you're thinking that some guys are already big hitters, usually those guys will also already have that trait, and you won't need to purchase it. But if one of your guys has it available for purchase, then Madden basically doesn't consider him a big hitter by detault.

Um...enabled means "on" and no means "off"? Not sure why you think it's going from 0 to 0. If you buy the trait, your guy gets an extra boost on his hitting. If you don't buy it, he doesn't get a boost. The way you worded it "from enabled to no" makes it sound like you turn it off by buying it. It's the other way around. It goes from no to enabled.

If you're thinking that some guys are already big hitters, usually those guys will also already have that trait, and you won't need to purchase it. But if one of your guys has it available for purchase, then Madden basically doesn't consider him a big hitter by detault.
the reason i am confused is when i go to a player to upgrade him in this, it says 'enabled' on the left, with arrows pointing to 'no' on the right, which confused the fuck out of me. i thought i was dyslexic but i just booted it up and that's what it says on the stats screen. while all other stats such as consistency seem to go from 'zero' on the left to 'one' on the right

the reason i am confused is when i go to a player to upgrade him in this, it says 'enabled' on the left, with arrows pointing to 'no' on the right, which confused the fuck out of me. i thought i was dyslexic but i just booted it up and that's what it says on the stats screen. while all other stats such as consistency seem to go from 'zero' on the left to 'one' on the right
Ok, I think I get what you're saying. On the player attribute screen, it's just not consistent with the location of the "lower" characteristic? I haven't really looked heavily at that...but yeah, not surprising, lol. After all, it's EA.

Games Left:

Saints @ Cardinals: MileHigh/Zurezo...Status?
Ravens @ Texans: Ballhawk/Tanabeo...Status?

I sent Mile High and Zurezo pm's at 11am. They've not bothered to respond in the last 9 hours. Looks like that game will be simmed. Just waiting to here from ballhawk and tanabeo on their game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade Renegotiated:

Colts send : Laron Landry / 80 ovr / FS / 28yrs old / 4 years 18 million and colts 3rd rd pick

Raiders send : Mike Jenkins / 84 ovr / CB / 28 yrs old / 1 year 1.5 million/ and raiders 4th rd pick and 7th rd pick

Logic:

Although I feel like Mike Jenkins is being under valued in this deal and Laron Landry has def declined in many areas except hit power but none the less, due to the consensus of the trade committee favoring the Raiders too much, and after getting in contact with Hemingway we decided to upgrade the 5th rd pick to a 4th and include a 7th rd pick to help tip the scale more evenly persay.
Trade Approved

"Enabled -> No" just means it's NOT enabled. It's not saying it's going from "Enabled" to "No". Just think of the arrow as an equals sign instead of a transitionary symbol. If you spend the money on the upgrade, I think it'll go "Enabled -> Yes" or just be gone altogether.

Sorry for the delay, been out all day and away from my xbox and computer. I can play tonight before the advance if the Saints can. Have they mentioned anything to anyone about playing?

BTW guys, I'm going out of town Tuesday morning through Sunday (I should be back by 8-10ish Sunday night).  I'm playing my game against Hemingway in a sec, so I'll probably only miss my Week 5 game against the Rams and maybe my Week 6 game unless my opponent doesn't mind playing Sunday night.

#TankforTeddy (we're doing NCAA drafts right?)

Colts win a BIg game vs division rival.

Colts 49 Jags 31 

Colts Top Players:

Luck 117.4 QBR  19-24 for 264 yards and 3 TD 2 INT 

Bradshaw 151 yards 3 TD 

Ballard , Luck, and Williams added 180 yards on the ground

Hilton 143 yards 1 TD while Heyward and Allen each added a TD 

Angerer 6 Tackles 1 TFL 1 Forced Fumble 1 INT for a 22 yard TD 

Landry and Davis also had picks!

Jags Top PLayers;

Gabbert QBR 62.1 19-39 for 322 yards and 2 TD 3 INT 

Jones-Drew 16 att 132 yards 2 TD 

Lewis had 125 yards while Shorts and Pryor added a TD each

McCray and Allen each had Picks while Posluszny had 7 tackles and 2 TFL 

Glad i got my running game going in this one to open up the pass a little bit. 

Great Game MA look forward to week 17!! now i get to get up at 6 in the morning should be a good day tomorrow :)

Hey is the user list still on page 1 , I don't know if the app I'm using isn't showing it or if it isn't up , either way anybody know the CAG username for the Redskins owner ?

Ill be home tonight around 5:30 est and will be home all night and able to play. ..ill look when I get home to see who I play and contact you

I keep trying to sign up on my phone and it keeps telling me the req honey pot must be blank....I understand its the first text box, and it is blank ( on many trys)...any advice or should I just try later on my laptop

Trade
Browns send
jabaal sheard 84olb 24yr old 2yr left $3m total

Colts send
darius butler 82cb 27yr old 2yr left $4m total

i will need someone to replace Mathis soon is why i want to do this trade!!
Trade Rejected. Consensus was that Sheard is more valuable than Butler, especially with how cheap Man and Zone coverages are to increase this year.

Revised trade:

Browns send jabaal shear 84olb 24yr old 2yr left $3m total
4thh rd pick

Colts send darius butler 82cb 27yr old 2yr left $4m total
Lawrence sidbury 78Lolb 27yr old 1yr left $780k

Jets checking in for their beating :)

Sprice (not sure his team) vs Jets going down around 8:30. Hopefully I can throw less than 4 picks!

The 2-1 bears will be trying to stomp the lions into an 0-4 hole at 7:45 tonight. Word outside of the locker room is that calvin johnson is berating his teammates for such poor play. 'someone needs to step up besides me'. Matthew Stafford is officially on suicide watch.

anybody know the redskins owner personally ? I haven't heard back from him and my window to play my game this week isn't very large ?

Vikings Over Steelers 42-7

Vikings

AP 21 att 292 yds 3 TDs 3 rec 46 yds 

Toby Gerhart 4 att 12 yds 2 TDs

Erin Henderson 10 Solo Tackles

Xavier Rhodes 2 INTs

Steelers

Big Ben 9 of 18 118 yds 1 TD 3 INTs 5 rushes 27 yds 2 fumbles (1 lost)

Le'Veon Bell 13 att 62 yds 2 rec 25 yds

Heath Miller 1 rec 7 yds 1 TD

Cortez Allen 2 Tackles 1 INT 

gg Yo Soy

The 2-1 bears will be trying to stomp the lions into an 0-4 hole at 7:45 tonight. Word outside of the locker room is that calvin johnson is berating his teammates for such poor play. 'someone needs to step up besides me'. Matthew Stafford is officially on suicide watch.
The underdog lions get their first victory of the year, detroit 35 bears 24

stafford 18/22 333 yds 139 QBR 4td 1 int

cutler 23/35 336 yds 3td 3int

forte 78 yds on 11 carries

reggie bush 72 yds on 9

bell had to come in for the injured reggie bush for a while and got a td on his first carry of the season, 6att 37 yd

brandon marshall lit it up 8 rec 126 yds 2 td

calvin jnsohon 5 rec 109 yds 3 tds

hester averaged 24yd on punt returns 31 on kr with 3 rec for 44 yds

calvin johnson was pleased that stafford took his peptalk as a personal message to step his game up and avoid another 0-16 for detroit

GG neworlbush25!

Bills move to 4-0 with a 41-16 win over the Ravens. EJ Manuel entered the game with 428 yards passing and almost doubled his total with 367 yards through the air. CJ Spiller added over 200 yards from scrimmage, while Steve Johnson and TJ Graham both amassed over 100 yards receiving. The only negative for the Bills was dropped interceptions. I counted 7 dropped interceptions, but Byrd finally came through late in the fourth and gave the Bills their first interception of the day. GG Ballhawk.

Stats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MlmjEJJKVk

Bills move to 4-0 with a 41-16 win over the Ravens. EJ Manuel entered the game with 428 yards passing and almost doubled his total with 367 yards through the air. CJ Spiller added over 200 yards from scrimmage, while Steve Johnson and TJ Graham both amassed over 100 yards receiving. The only negative for the Bills was dropped interceptions. I counted 7 dropped interceptions, but Byrd finally came through late in the fourth and gave the Bills their first interception of the day. GG Ballhawk.

Stats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MlmjEJJKVk
That fumble at the end was sick

GG Sprice. My offense moved in the first half but couldn't in the second. I played essentially a perfect first and was still down 14-21 pts so it wasn't happening.

I probably would've thrown more picks if I didn't get sacked so many times so not sure what to take away from this one.

bread's done
Back