Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

Hemingway's pass game is gonna be tough with that QB/receiving combo...I forgot they got Heyward-Bey in the offseason, he's a sweet Madden receiver. Then there's Wayne and Hilton, with Fleener/Allen at TE. Bad o-line though!!!
yeah i didnt get any of my 5 teams but ill take the Colts. Looks like our Rival will continue. should be some good games.

There is no excitement coming out of the Raiders camp , I didn't even mean to put them on my list, I should of put Chiefs at one but I figured Staticz would smh, ooo well, I will be taking trade offers for everyone looking for draft picks to rebuild for season two , unless this progression process works 10 times better for me than last year

no sir. i captured the wildcard spot over the jags both of the last two seasons, but thanks for the words of encouragement!
*Shakes fist in air* My poor Jaguars. They were the most best team of terrible players ever. My ultra talented QB was a 55OVR. :D

I want to play this year, but I don't think I will have the time to play in two leagues until November. I will be back, eventually. I will have no problem picking up whatever team is open at the time.

Its a waste for widdow to even have a spot in this league.

If anyone wants to switch teams lemme know imm the bbrowns

I'd like to start a discussion about using an actual draft class imported from NCAA '14 with reall current college players. I think it'd be a great idea if the commissioners would allow it. It would also eliminate the use of the polarizing draft spreadsheet.

I'd like to start a discussion about using an actual draft class imported from NCAA '14 with reall current college players. I think it'd be a great idea if the commissioners would allow it. It would also eliminate the use of the polarizing draft spreadsheet.
How has this worked in the past? You would only get one year of the draft class correct, then it would go back to the generic Madden ones? We're definitely discussing it.

How has this worked in the past? You would only get one year of the draft class correct, then it would go back to the generic Madden ones? We're definitely discussing it.
We can import a new class every year...NCAA would have real players until year 5 (all current players would be graduated by then). Beyond the 5th year, its a matter of whether we want the madden generics or the NCAA generics, but again, the spreadsheet cheat would be non-existent if we used the college version.

I already have two draft classes from my offline dynasty in NCAA which I haven't altered in any way and I don't know if the commissioner has to own the file to import the class.

I don't have NCAA 14 and I'm pretty sure Fero skipped it this year as well. My assumption is that if we go that route we'll use the Operation Sports rosters, sim through 5 years and then import the draft class when needed.

Is that how you would do it? I love the idea of killing off the draft spreadsheet.

Last year I brought up an idea that a few people seemed to like: the Rookie Swap.

Basically, before the start of the season we can all offer each other trades for the Rookies. Like a first for a first, second for second.

For Example: during the pre-season, or before we start, the Jets and Eagles could exchange Lane Johnson for Dee Millner. Or chiefs could give Fisher to Miami for Dion Jordan.

Kind of makes it like we were all involved in this years draft.

How does that sound?

You could just do trades, no? 

Since I'm a Jets fan, I wanted the team in part because of Dee and Richardson (and GENO) so I want to see those guys grow on my team, but I can see that working for others. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that in doing it, you pretty much lose all the NFL simulation integrity right at the start. But it would just give everyone a chance to jump right into team building mode, which I find one of the more fun parts of a Madden career mode.

Last year I brought up an idea that a few people seemed to like: the Rookie Swap.

Basically, before the start of the season we can all offer each other trades for the Rookies. Like a first for a first, second for second.

For Example: during the pre-season, or before we start, the Jets and Eagles could exchange Lane Johnson for Dee Millner. Or chiefs could give Fisher to Miami for Dion Jordan.

Kind of makes it like we were all involved in this years draft.

How does that sound?
I wouldn't like it, personally. I like to keep things more traditional.

Really wish the demo was already out. I just got a massive brace put on my leg (fractured the bone below my knee, just got the MRI results), and I'm going to be SO BORED this week and especially this weekend. Gimmie Madden!!

Yea, that should be a really fun team.
ya i'm hoping there ratings arent that bad they made the playoffs 3 years in a row they might have been 1 and done each time but still should be a top team i would think. my only worry is dalton getting the shit end of the stick. hes a good QB but the media seems to think he won't be a great QB which i think hes doing fine considering the fact that hes still very new to the league. but i'm excited to see what the bengals rookie TE and RB will look like. plus the WR core isn't really that bad on the team and they have a few quick guys well. i've very excited about my team.

Really wish the demo was already out. I just got a massive brace put on my leg (fractured the bone below my knee, just got the MRI results), and I'm going to be SO BORED this week and especially this weekend. Gimmie Madden!!
What games did you end up picking up?

ya i'm hoping there ratings arent that bad they made the playoffs 3 years in a row they might have been 1 and done each time but still should be a top team i would think. my only worry is dalton getting the shit end of the stick. hes a good QB but the media seems to think he won't be a great QB which i think hes doing fine considering the fact that hes still very new to the league. but i'm excited to see what the bengals rookie TE and RB will look like. plus the WR core isn't really that bad on the team and they have a few quick guys well. i've very excited about my team.
I have a feeling your rookie TE and RB will be Madden studs.

Dalton usually has mid-upper 80 Madden ratings, with progression I think you'll be fine.

Damn, that sucks. Is this another basketball injury?

You're getting old, my friend. ;)

Damn, that sucks. Is this another basketball injury?

You're getting old, my friend. ;)
Of course! I was told to "stop trying so hard" after this last one. You know you're old when your bones just start cracking on you. This one was particularly brutal though. Not typical wear and tear. Time to develop that finesse game.

What games did you end up picking up?
I demoed all the ones I mentioned (Gunslinger, CastleStorm, State of Decay). All were fun, but I didn't feel compelled to buy any. I just popped in Arkham City and NBA2k13 and finally put some time into those. I've living vicariously through my Create A Player on 2k.

I might go back to Skyrim or Mass Effect 3, but I like that I can just flip on Arkham City and only play for 30-60 mins and leave it be. Same with 2k.

Of course! I was told to "stop trying so hard" after this last one. You know you're old when your bones just start cracking on you. This one was particularly brutal though. Not typical wear and tear. Time to develop that finesse game.
I feel you. I get at least 2 or 3 softball/football injuries a year, but I'll never learn.

I might go back to Skyrim or Mass Effect 3, but I like that I can just flip on Arkham City and only play for 30-60 mins and leave it be. Same with 2k.
I'm totally at that point with my 'gaming career.' After an hour I'm usually done with whatever I'm playing. Starting to transition to a lot more games that are like that.

I'm totally at that point with my 'gaming career.' After an hour I'm usually done with whatever I'm playing. Starting to transition to a lot more games that are like that.
Same here, I'd rather get a quick fix then sit and game for a long amount of time.

If anyone is interested in doing a CAG fantasy football draft on NFL.com send me a PM with ur email and ur nfl.com info.

i'd like to do a live draft on August 25th at 9 Eastern im thinking a 10 man draft maybe even 12.

draft order will be randomly picked by the nfl.com computer if u get the first pick in round 1 u will have the last pick in round 2 and so fourth. only looking for active fantasy football people. Lets see who really knows football in here.

if there are alot of people that want to play i will open more than one fantasy football league

changed the date... now that i think about it the 11th is a little to soon. still only sitting at 5 people for the live draft would like to get 5 more possibly even 7

random, useless information of the night... my birthday is on the 16th... having said that, someone should gift me a starter-caliber cornerback :D

I may be interested in a mid-tier rookie QB to groom over the course of the franchise...like a Mike Glennon/Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley/Ryan Nassib type.

I know a lot of people roll their eyes over these premature trade talks (and rightfully so), but I'm not good enough at this game to mask poor QB play :( I gotta make a play for a decent QB early so I won't fall behind in this division!

are we doing pre-existing inj again? if so I think pat willis, culliver, crabtree, and a couple others might be out for a little bit.

but your def right about the matchups and I am looking forward to our games also

the browns will certainly be in the market for a qb, although ive never played with him I don't see Brandon weeden leadin me to the promise land...

Take it as geno is not going to be up for grabs? Seems like last year everyone was hating on him
Last year as in college football? Is that similar to like the CFL? I've never heard of it. :p

Bad jokes aside, Geno isn't going anywhere. He's the future of my team. Mark Sanchez, on the other hand, is readily available for all these teams looking for a QB. He only has one year left on his god awful contract I believe!

bread's done
Back