Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

Start this league immediately! I just sneaked out a shoot out win vs Doom. I'll never be better than I am at this moment!! :D

Jk! First h2h game and it was much more fun than CPU. It is really hard to react to the ball but if you guess early on where it's going that head start makes all the difference. Reacting was never my forte on D so I'm kind of glad it plays a little slow haha. Looking forward to Geno this year. Sanchez was getting boring. Ivory has been carted off in about every game I've played.

[SIZE=12pt]Sorry guys but I’m bowing out of the league before it starts. I was the Cardinals, so they are up for grabs now. My schedule has been too busy and I can’t guarantee that I’ll have the time required to play in this league. Plus I can’t pass up best buy’s $45 guaranteed trade in value until Oct 4th. Good luck to all. [/SIZE]
Sorry to Hear that DanDaMan.

Have a good one bud.

Start this league immediately! I just sneaked out a shoot out win vs Doom. I'll never be better than I am at this moment!! :D

Jk! First h2h game and it was much more fun than CPU. It is really hard to react to the ball but if you guess early on where it's going that head start makes all the difference. Reacting was never my forte on D so I'm kind of glad it plays a little slow haha. Looking forward to Geno this year. Sanchez was getting boring. Ivory has been carted off in about every game I've played.
:lol:

Most of my games end up as shootouts :???:. Don't know if I'll ever get used to that delay.

Venture into ranked play to see how broken the defense is. Cheese central.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious if I could get up on the waitlist. Talked to uber about it earlier and interested in the cards if they're open? Out of the army now and class allows for disposable time.

Just want to point out, that if someone retires or leaves a league, you can not re enter as the same team. I imagine we're doing create a coach this year again and I know some people messed up and did not initially follow the instructions last year. So if they did that this year they would be SOL.

Mile High Von was First on the waiting list, and as such, he'll be taking over the Cardinals. Darth. I've added you to the waiting list. 

Just had the coolest thing happen in my offline franchise. I called a running play with Dallas. I ran with Murray and he broke some tackles, and there was a safety to beat. The Safety dove at my legs at the 10 yard line, and he grabbed my right foot and he held onto my foot and I dragged him across the goal line for a touchdown, haha. It was awesome because it actually felt like I was dragging him, since it made me a lot slower.

Nice to see uploading highlights back in the game. It appears that they can be done during connected franchise as well, although I have not tested this out to make sure it's for online connected franchise. Only negative, I've experienced so far is that the videos seem to play in doubt time.

A couple of my highlights that I've saved:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/169580002 - This one I threw a hail mairy as time expired, against Hem, and I caught the ball in the end zone but very clearly came down on the 1 or 2 yard line and they called it a touchdown.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/169580218 - This is my game winning touchdown against Doom with about 30 seconds left in the game. Very good and exciting game 27-24 was the final.

Per the roster guys twitter account, he's pulling an all-nighter (as of 17 hours ago) to put together the week 1 roster update.

Wish those videos weren't played so Bloody fast....i can't even really see what's going on.
Yeah, I absolutely loathe Madden's highlights system. None of the camera angles are worth a damn. I don't know why they just can't use the system NHL uses and allow you to record it from the replay just by choosing a starting and ending point. You can even change the speed in NHL. Such a basic concept.

Yeah, I absolutely loathe Madden's highlights system. None of the camera angles are worth a damn. I don't know why they just can't use the system NHL uses and allow you to record it from the replay just by choosing a starting and ending point. You can even change the speed in NHL. Such a basic concept.
I agree, but I can at least deal with the angles. Like Fero said, the double speed makes them almost unwatchable.

Not sure if this has been asked yet.

Are we doing a free agency period sometime in the first season?
They haven't specified yet, but I would imagine it's a good bet they will. I also want to throw out the idea that we tried in the Owner league that a couple people in the groupme chat wanted me to bring up to the commish's. Basically, the way we did it, is give everyone 100 points. There was a bidding period and everyone could send in their list with their bids on each player they wanted. The minimum bid for us was 10, but for a full league I would honestly make the minimum bid higher, 25 I think would be a solid minimum, so there's not as many players to keep track of. The person who bid the most, won that player and ties were decided by a random online generator. I personally like it because there's some strategy to it and everyone has a fair shot at every player.

Played a ranked game tonight....knocked out his 1st and 2nd string QB on two consecutive plays (problem #1) in the first quarter. Guys 3rd string QB proceeds to torch me...20/20 with over 300 yards. Only in Madden.

They haven't specified yet, but I would imagine it's a good bet they will. I also want to throw out the idea that we tried in the Owner league that a couple people in the groupme chat wanted me to bring up to the commish's. Basically, the way we did it, is give everyone 100 points. There was a bidding period and everyone could send in their list with their bids on each player they wanted. The minimum bid for us was 10, but for a full league I would honestly make the minimum bid higher, 25 I think would be a solid minimum, so there's not as many players to keep track of. The person who bid the most, won that player and ties were decided by a random online generator. I personally like it because there's some strategy to it and everyone has a fair shot at every player.
Yea I really think this would be a good idea and add more strategy and fairness to the process.

everyone has a fair shot at every player.
It isn't fair to the guys who aren't great at the game. We won't be changing how we do free agency. The reason we give the worst teams an opportunity at the best FAs is to help level the playing field. The best team doesn't need the best free agent, it skews the league balance even more.

Maddens roster guy says 'this weekend' for the update
Thanks for the update. Disappointing, but we are talking about Madden :D

Free Agency will not be changed from how it was done Last year. At The Beginning of Week 4 we will Post Teams in order determined by record (worst-to-best).  There will be four groups of 8 teams which will have a window in which to sign a free agent from the list. 

I'll announce more once we reach week 4.  

What you just proposed for this league allows Good to GREAT players to bid on really Good Free Agents still available. We would rather allow the "not so good players" to be able to bridge the gap between the good and great players by signing GOOD Free Agents to make their teams more competitive. Sorry Man. 

For example: 

QB's:
Tim Tebow
Matt Leinart
Vince Young
Tyler Thigpen

RB:
Willis McGahee
Michael Turner
Cedric Benson
Chris Wells
Brandon Jacovs
Jahvid Best
Kevin Smith

FB:
Jacob Hester
Lawrence Vickers

WR 
Brandon Lloyd, 
Devery Henderson
Braylon Edwards
Austin Collie

TE
Jake Ballard

DE Mark Anderson

DT
Richard Seymour
Corey Williams
Sione Po'uha

MLB:
Takeo Spikes
Bradie James
Barrett Ruud
Omar Gaither

OLB
Michael Boley
Jo-Lonn Dunbar
Chris Gocong (and many more)

Safety:
Kerry Rhodes
Kenny Phillips
Atari Bigby
Jordan Babineaux

CB 
Sheldon Brown
Shawtae Spencer
Terrence Mcgee
Nate Clements
Stanford Routt
Marcus Trufant
Ras-I Dowling

Has anybody in here noticed a huge glitch with corner routes where the receiver catches the ball a good 3-4 yards before getting to the sideline, but then makes some weird lunging/stutter-step animation that somehow allows him to take a step without putting his foot on the turf, and thus the pass is ruled incomplete? I've had this happen to me twice in my last 3 games. I'll post a video in a minute.

Has anybody in here noticed a huge glitch with corner routes where the receiver catches the ball a good 3-4 yards before getting to the sideline, but then makes some weird lunging/stutter-step animation that somehow allows him to take a step without putting his foot on the turf, and thus the pass is ruled incomplete? I've had this happen to me twice in my last 3 games. I'll post a video in a minute.
ya i've seen it a few times its very frustrating.

Free Agency will not be changed from how it was done Last year. At The Beginning of Week 4 we will Post Teams in order determined by record (worst-to-best). There will be four groups of 8 teams which will have a window in which to sign a free agent from the list.

I'll announce more once we reach week 4.

What you just proposed for this league allows Good to GREAT players to bid on really Good Free Agents still available. We would rather allow the "not so good players" to be able to bridge the gap between the good and great players by signing GOOD Free Agents to make their teams more competitive. Sorry Man.

For example:

QB's:
Tim Tebow
Matt Leinart
Vince Young
Tyler Thigpen

RB:
Willis McGahee
Michael Turner
Cedric Benson
Chris Wells
Brandon Jacovs
Jahvid Best
Kevin Smith

FB:
Jacob Hester
Lawrence Vickers

WR
Brandon Lloyd,
Devery Henderson
Braylon Edwards
Austin Collie

TE
Jake Ballard

DE Mark Anderson

DT
Richard Seymour
Corey Williams
Sione Po'uha

MLB:
Takeo Spikes
Bradie James
Barrett Ruud
Omar Gaither

OLB
Michael Boley
Jo-Lonn Dunbar
Chris Gocong (and many more)

Safety:
Kerry Rhodes
Kenny Phillips
Atari Bigby
Jordan Babineaux

CB
Sheldon Brown
Shawtae Spencer
Terrence Mcgee
Nate Clements
Stanford Routt
Marcus Trufant
Ras-I Dowling

In my opinion, I think the suggestion would make since more so for off - season free agents moves in this league , rather than just the bidding and seeing who offers up a 7 year 90 million dollar deal. In addition essentially looking at teams overall after 4 weeks to determine slot for picking doesn't really take in account toughness of schedule. the most fair or effective way would seem to be to do the drafting of free agents based on your teams overall so the talent is more widespread from team to team because for example the Seahawks or Niners could start off 0-4 and end up with the first pick to get more talent because they had a tough schedule early on.

Here's a video for anyone who hasn't run into it. If it was even close to being out of bounds, toe on the line, whatever, I'd say those are just the breaks. But this is pretty blatant, and when it happens in MUT, especially, it literally feels like the CPU trying to cheat.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoL6Vohip9s[/youtube]

In my opinion, I think the suggestion would make since more so for off - season free agents moves in this league , rather than just the bidding and seeing who offers up a 7 year 90 million dollar deal. In addition essentially looking at teams overall after 4 weeks to determine slot for picking doesn't really take in account toughness of schedule. the most fair or effective way would seem to be to do the drafting of free agents based on your teams overall so the talent is more widespread from team to team because for example the Seahawks or Niners could start off 0-4 and end up with the first pick to get more talent because they had a tough schedule early on.
It doesn't matter how much talent is on a team. If I go 0-4 with the Niners I obviously need more help to win because I lack the 'skills' that my opponents have. Basing FA's on a team's overall means the BSETI is going to have one of the first picks...even though he'll certainly make the playoffs with the Browns. The goal is to make everyone go 8-8, that is when you know the league is evenly balanced.

Bidding all your 'points' is the same thing as offering 7 year 90 million dollar deals.

It doesn't matter how much talent is on a team. If I go 0-4 with the Niners I obviously need more help to win because I lack the 'skills' that my opponents have. Basing FA's on a team's overall means the BSETI is going to have one of the first picks...even though he'll certainly make the playoffs with the Browns. The goal is to make everyone go 8-8, that is when you know the league is evenly balanced.

Bidding all your 'points' is the same thing as offering 7 year 90 million dollar deals.
If BSeti starts off the season playing Doomtime, Chetty, Mog and Sprice and goes 0-4 that doesn't mean he obviously needs more help he just had a tough start as far as strength of schedule is concerned but either way you look at this all this is relative, a player could essentially throw his first four games in attempt to secure a player to help ensure a healthy playoff run , so it really doesn't matter which way you dice it when it comes to that.

As far as points being the same as a 7 year 90 million dollar deal, I think Chetty mentioned or may have mentioned elsewhere but points would be distrubuted based on the strength of user , for example Mog has 60 points because he won the superbowl and Staticz has 100 points because he went 6-10, so there for this prevents Mog from offering top free agent "7 years 90 million dollar type of deal" even if he did win him by offering 60 points he would have than used all his points on one free agent instead of being able to offer multiple players ridiculous deals because the pay first year is low and keeps him under cap.

It was just a suggestion. Honestly, I don't think it's that big of a deal, there really isn't even a lot of FA to make a fuss about. Honestly, just trying to bring excitement and strategy to an otherwise boring portion of the game.

juda9aja.jpg

Lets go Ravens !!!

juda9aja.jpg

Lets go Ravens !!!
nice i remember when this was here in GB area when packers won super bowl we had kid rock as main person and like 3 other people was pretty sweet going to concert then into the game. I think it was awful the dumb mlb team refused to move their game to earlly in the day to allow ravens to play in town just awful.

Also n8, that has happened to me a ton. Not sure if that's something that can be patched but I hope so.
Yeah, like I said in the Fans League thread, I'm worried crap like that is actually going to encourage cheesy play. When you can't be sure that the game won't screw you on an actual good play, all the more reason to throw RB screens all game. Just one more notch in EA's belt, sadly.

Agreed. I know the commissioners' rulings aren't always popular with everyone, but I back you 100% on this. I've always liked how we've handled FA in the past, I don't really see the need for a change. If it ain't broke...

The good players know what to look for in a Madden player. If we used this "bidding" system, I bet a few dominant players are gonna bid 10-20 points on these overlooked 50 OVR Madden super soldiers with 10 awareness and 99 speed and develop their own mini army. While some inexperienced players are gonna be betting it all on an 88 OVR mediocre o-lineman whose OVR is inflated by all the meaningless attributes. The good players are still gonna find these hidden gems, but at least they'll be limited to just one and they'll have to decide if he's worth spending potentially your only FA pickup of the season to scoop up.

Fyi static, browns suck, maybe in last years madden I could work with them, but in this game I don't like my chances. Suck qb sucky wr's, sucky cb's behind haden. Last year myy bengals were nasty so I was pissed when I didn't win. I don't expect to win shit this year, one of these years I'll get the pats n teach all u mofo's how to dougie......

TRich, one of the best young RBs in the game/league?
One of the better O-lines in the league?

Weeden isn't great, but the way passing works this year, you'll be fine. Gordon is above average, or should be. Little is okay at WR2.

Cameron, again, young and will be awesome. Top 10, 12 tightend.

I don't know their D as well, but I like those weapons on offense. 

bread's done
Back