Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

Vikings Over Lions 56-24

Christian Ponder 7 of 8 111 yds 3 TDs
AP 18 att 282 yds 3 TDs

Toby Gerhart 7 att 42 yds 1 TD

Cordarrelle Patterson 2 rec 69 yds 2 TDs

Matthew Stafford 17 of 25 322 yds 1 TD 3 INTs

Calvin Johnson 7 rec 186 yds 1 TD

gg sonic! 

Last edited by a moderator:
gg doomtime! quickly figured out that i need to play my lions here much different than my owner league browns! gotta optimize that air attack in this league. and figure out how to stop the run, somehow...even 4-3 / 5-2 blitzes weren't really helping.

question on practice; if you miss practice for a week, do you get the default 1000xp for losing? or do you get 0?

Proposed Trade :

Colts send : Laron Landry / 80 ovr / FS / 28yrs old / 4 years 18 million and colts third rd pick

Raiders send : Mike Jenkins / 84 ovr / CB / 28 yrs old / 1 year 1.5 million/ and raiders 5th rd pick

gg doomtime! quickly figured out that i need to play my lions here much different than my owner league browns! gotta optimize that air attack in this league. and figure out how to stop the run, somehow...even 4-3 / 5-2 blitzes weren't really helping.

question on practice; if you miss practice for a week, do you get the default 1000xp for losing? or do you get 0?

You get zero xp or at least it looks like it I didn't do any practices till this week

You get zero xp or at least it looks like it I didn't do any practices till this week

Are all the ratings revealed? No story lines either?
Ratings are somewhat randomized so every time you load the draft it can vary. No storylines but you also don't get the errors that people were having with the Ea generated drafts. Idk if they've patched it or what. I haven't looked into it recently.

Proposed Trade :

Colts send : Laron Landry / 80 ovr / FS / 28yrs old / 4 years 18 million and colts third rd pick

Raiders send : Mike Jenkins / 84 ovr / CB / 28 yrs old / 1 year 1.5 million/ and raiders 5th rd pick

Raiders Logic : I am looking for a safety that is ideal for user controlling, ideally that would be Eric Berry but Landry will have to do and I am in the process of moving Charles Woodson he doesn't fit my scheme , Hemingway was interested in Jenkins, The pick is there because Jenkins is better and Landry is somewhat injury prone so the addition of the draft picks help work out the fairness of the deal.

Proposed Trade :

Bills send : 1st rd Draft Pick

Raiders send : David Ausberry - TE / 25yrs old / 77 ovr / 2 years remaining on contract at 1.84M Total and a 4th rd Pick
Raiders Logic : I need to improve my team through the draft so I am interested in draft picks, I also have a rookie TE Kasa who I think I can develop decently although I rarely use the tight end , hence why I moved Vernon Davis Last year, 4th round pick was there moreso because I don't think Chetty would have made deal straight up for Ausberry. I need to acquire Linebackers so some offense will have to be moved.

I know you guys have already started but I was wondering if you had any open teams...or if not if I could be put on a waiting list

Raiders Logic : I am looking for a safety that is ideal for user controlling, ideally that would be Eric Berry but Landry will have to do and I am in the process of moving Charles Woodson he doesn't fit my scheme , Hemingway was interested in Jenkins, The pick is there because Jenkins is better and Landry is somewhat injury prone so the addition of the draft picks help work out the fairness of the deal.
i wanted a tough Press CB to put on the outside!!

Colts start off there season with a W, Colts 45 Raiders 27 

Colts Top Players:

Luck 110.9 QBR  15-22 Comp for 421 yards and 5 TD, 3 INT  Luck also had 26 yards rushing

Bradshaw had 70 yards on the ground and 1 TD

Hilton 114 yards 1 TD, Heyward-Bey 178 yards 2 TD 

Angerer 7 Tackles, 5 TFL, 1 INT, Toler and Lefeged each added a Pick.

Raiders Top Players: 

Pryor QBR 56.5, 8-21 Comp for 234 yards and 1 TD, 3 INT and 35 yards on the ground

McFadden 23 att 226 yards 2 TD 84 yards REC 

Moore 78 yard TD 

Roach, Porter and Moore each had a Pick. 

The game looked bad for the Colts at first as the first 2 Raider drives ended up with McFadden running for 2 TD and 140 yards. Then the Raiders added a 80 yard TD to moore on there 3rd Drive. Colts D finally showed up the second half of the game thank god!!

GG Cru

New madden, same shit. Going to be a long season.

I vote for 5 minute quarters. 6 minute quarters just mean people start milking the clock with 5 minutes left. I can stare at a clock in my spare time.

Superstar and I attempted to play our game and I have been getting "problem has occurred, attempting a do-over - then game quits multiple times. I have yet to be able to get past the first round of plays without this happening playing head to head online and now the league. I am getting 15mbps on my wireless signal via right now and only have a wired connection to my 360(which I assume it would give me faster speed). Anyone have any ideas? Thought I would attempt to exchange game tomorrow, thinking I might have a bunk game disc.

Run more curl routes, Ramses. Please.

What I would love to see this year...across all leagues, is open discussion on the best defenses to stop the "go to plays". There shouldn't be any secrecy in sharing info on stopping bread and butter plays that everybody knows is coming. Force people to get creative and mix up their play calling. Passing is crazy as it is in this game. Everybody should be sharing defensive tips.

What I would love to see this year...across all leagues, is open discussion on the best defenses to stop the "go to plays". There shouldn't be any secrecy in sharing info on stopping bread and butter plays that everybody knows is coming. Force people to get creative and mix up their play calling. Passing is crazy as it is in this game. Everybody should be sharing defensive tips.
Ramses claimed it was simple to counter, so please share. Obviously I don't know how to.

If you play off-man and sell out to blitz you can't bitch when someone throws a curl route. There are tons of effective ways to defend curl routes. I will run a curl anytime my read says that's the correct play. You can 'rob' the curl with purple zone on the d-line if you wanna play off-man. You can press the receiver if you wanna stop the curl, you can call cover 2 (regular or sink) and so on. That's a very short list of ways to stop the curl that are far more effective than bitching about it.

Defense is about figuring out how to stop the offenses best attack and living with everything else...there is no defense in the game that stops everything but you've got to choose. Be more tactical in your defensive play-calling

If you play off-man and sell out to blitz you can't bitch when someone throws a curl route. There are tons of effective ways to defend curl routes. I will run a curl anytime my read says that's the correct play. You can 'rob' the curl with purple zone on the d-line if you wanna play off-man. You can press the receiver if you wanna stop the curl, you can call cover 2 (regular or sink) and so on. That's a very short list of ways to stop the curl that are far more effective than bitching about it.

Defense is about figuring out how to stop the offenses best attack and living with everything else...there is no defense in the game that stops everything but you've got to choose. Be more tactical in your defensive play-calling
Or you can take advantage of the disguise coverage features that have been added, you can come out in one look and then actually play another. The game provides multiple ways to do this.

I agree with you. But he just admitted he doesn't know how to stop it (and you have to admit, people "abusing" curl routes is a common complaint...so there must be a lot of people out there who don't know how to stop them). So, that info you're sharing is obviously needed and helpful. But good for you for being willing to help solve the problem. I promise you, people won't feel as bad about losing if they feel like they're actually learning and have a chance to improve, as opposed to just showing up for their next beating.

Considering you ran the majority of the time and I kept that in check, I would say I picked something to stop and did it. It just so happened when you needed a first down the curl was there. And lets not act like I was calling the same play each time and throwing my hands up wondering what went wrong. I pressed the majority of the 2nd half and the curl was still there. Purple zoning my d-line seems to be setting me up for failure because as I said, you ran most of the time.

Dolphins 21 - Browns 24

Dolphins Offense: 12 for 18, 165 Passing Yards,3 TD / 27 Rushing Yards

Browns Offense: 17 for 23, 264 Passing Yards, 2 TD / 90 rushing Yards, 1 TD

Dolphins Defense: 2 Interceptions, 2 Sacks, 6 TFL

Browns Defense: 1 Interception, 5 Sacks, 7 TFL

Time of Possession:

Browns: 16:30

Dolphins 7:30

Time for me to consider retiring, My Defense was on the field for 9 minutes longer than my offense was....sigh.  And still couldn't stop shit. The game was won on a play I've never been able to stop my entire career in madden, the infamous HB Screen. 41 Yard TD. Honestly don't know if i can last 3-4 seasons this year guys. But, We'll See. On to the Next game against Hemingway, Oh boy!

gg bseti. 

Injuries are still showing as off, i'm not sure if that is as planned or if it was just overlooked.
It was overlooked with me advancing us from a hotel;)

Any recommendation as to that lovely slider? In my offline franchise even set at 30 i had 9 guys injured in a half.

It was overlooked with me advancing us from a hotel;)

Any recommendation as to that lovely slider? In my offline franchise even set at 30 i had 9 guys injured in a half.
As the Bills coach with Spillers 70 injury rating, I say leave it off :p

But as a member of the community, I think 20 will be an ok starting point but 30 does still seem high. The one thing I want to look into, is if it is a lot of minor 2-3 week injuries or if they are major injuries.

Considering you ran the majority of the time and I kept that in check, I would say I picked something to stop and did it. It just so happened when you needed a first down the curl was there. And lets not act like I was calling the same play each time and throwing my hands up wondering what went wrong. I pressed the majority of the 2nd half and the curl was still there. Purple zoning my d-line seems to be setting me up for failure because as I said, you ran most of the time.

Not one completion of a curl was against press. I don't run curls against press. Obviously, running wasnt what I did best. My passing offense was definitely the better facet of my offense in this game. I ran so much because I was comfortably ahead for the majority of the game. There is no stop-all play/defense. You have to be able to adjust, call the right plays at the right times and it involves some educated guessing some hot routing and a lot of disguising.

L4II mentioned this...football at its core is a game of Chess, not Checkers. It's never as simple as some of you would like for it to be. I'm beginning to think that's the difference between the guys in this league. Some of us understand how intuitive a game of madden can be and others expect a really simple straightforward game calling the same 2 or 3 plays on defense and 3 or 4 on offense.

Not one completion of a curl was against press. I don't run curls against press. Obviously, running wasnt what I did best. My passing offense was definitely the better facet of my offense in this game. I ran so much because I was comfortably ahead for the majority of the game. There is no stop-all play/defense. You have to be able to adjust, call the right plays at the right times and it involves some educated guessing some hot routing and a lot of disguising.

L4II mentioned this...football at its core is a game of Chess, not Checkers. It's never as simple as some of you would like for it to be. I'm beginning to think that's the difference between the guys in this league. Some of us understand how intuitive a game of madden can be and others expect a really simple straightforward game calling the same 2 or 3 plays on defense and 3 or 4 on offense.
I hear you, but it's clearly not all about calling the right play in Madden. I was making in-game adjustments so it's pretty annoying to be lumped in with the "others" who call 2 or 3 plays on defense. That's just false. I played the majority of my game in my base 3-4, but called a variety of plays from it. I'd zone blitz and you'd have all day and throw it right to where my zone should be covering. I'd play man and Vincent Jackson would always get separation from Cromartie. The only thing that worked was blitzing LBs or playing man with the LBs and containing the run. And I don't even go through my playbook on offense, so I have no money plays there. Whatever Madden serves up is usually good enough for me. My offense isn't the concern in this game, though the turnovers are but that's just waiting too long.

wow, looks like i picked the perfect time to pop on. my apologies for not being around the past week or two, have a newborn (7 weeks) and my wife started up school again so things have been a little nuts. i'll try to get on tomorrow morning, my wife has clinicals from 2-10pm tonight.
Can anyone contact this guy? I'm about to give up his spot if he doesn't return soon. Also known as the joy of troy.

As the Bills coach with Spillers 70 injury rating, I say leave it off :p

But as a member of the community, I think 20 will be an ok starting point but 30 does still seem high. The one thing I want to look into, is if it is a lot of minor 2-3 week injuries or if they are major injuries.
I agree with this idea

Proposed Trade :

Bills send : 1st rd Draft Pick

Raiders send : David Ausberry - TE / 25yrs old / 77 ovr / 2 years remaining on contract at 1.84M Total and a 4th rd Pick
Trade Rejected - Consensus was that this wasn't enough for a 1st round pick. There are a ton of players just like Ausberry, decreasing his value.

Trade between the Colts and the Seahawks:

Colts get:

HB, Robert Turbin- 73 Overall in my scheme, Age 23, 3 Year contract for 1.92M, 2013- 420K 2014- 510K 2015- 640K

Seahawks get:

HB, Ahmad Bradshaw- 82 overall in my scheme, Age 27, 1 year contact for 1.1M

Colts are looking to get a young speedy powerback with decent carry to take on the starting role.
Trade Rejected - Pretty much the same player. Plus Timbo is only playing one season and Bradshaw's contract will be up.

bread's done
Back