Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

Ladies and Gentleman, your 2014 Mr. Irrelevant is ......a punter..how appropriate.

http://youtu.be/-wEpPPU2lp8

Man these imported draft classes were really weak. Outside of one QB and HB, lots of garbage to be had. Obviously the imported draft class was a cool idea but this version failed badly. Just my two cents.

Dolphins Draft Picks:

#1. RE Jadeveon Clowney      70 OVR

#2 WR Tavin Reees                62 OVR

#3 QB A.J, McCarron               70 OVR

#4. FS D. Bucannon                69 OVR

#5 WR K. Norwood                  61 OVR

#6. SS S. Parker                     70 OVR

#7. DT B. Jones                      70 OVR

Last edited by a moderator:
Draft class is really going to set back teams that were trying to rebuild through the draft. All those picks this season traded ended up being awful deals in the end. Can we avoid this in the future and not use whatever draft class you used commish.

well im happy I got what I needed in free agency because if I would of had to depend on this draft I would of been in serious trouble , my first round pick was a 69 ovr smh , it will take about 3 years to get him where I need him smh

Draft class is really going to set back teams that were trying to rebuild through the draft. All those picks this season traded ended up being awful deals in the end. Can we avoid this in the future and not use whatever draft class you used commish.
the alternative was using drafts generated by EA, where there were drafts that had 3 total cb's with 90 or higher speed and some cb's had speeds in the 70's.

I'm not saying it was the right choice, but it seemed and still seems like the better choice of the two .

I also think people are looking too far into Ovr, especially with how easy/quick it is to level young players. They have to counteract that somehow. As an example, Cru your Mlb may be a 69 ovr, but he starts with 84 speed, 89 hit power and 90 acceleration.

the alternative was using drafts generated by EA, where there were drafts that had 3 total cb's with 90 or higher speed and some cb's had speeds in the 70's.

I'm not saying it was the right choice, but it seemed and still seems like the better choice of the two .
Judging by the crap heap in this draft, anything would be better. Every QB in this draft was flawed in some significant way. I could say the same thing about every running back as well outside of maybe one. I have been in one EA generated draft with no issue and another imported draft class that was actually authentic and bang on. The stats make absolutely no sense what so ever for a lot of the supposed best players in the draft.

I am not at all blaming anyone in here for it because the entire experience was an unknown for everyone. All I know is this draft yielded nothing but garbage and teams that traded their draft picks made out like bandits and set others back significantly. So much for a trade committee.

Wait, you mean rookies are flawed and they don't start out as good as everyone else in the rest of the league?

For the Record..this was an operation sports imported draft class...i don't know what to tell you....but i do think it's stupid that the #1 Overall pick isn't a star..or at least Fast development....look at this bullshit.... i just went through ALL teams rosters.  Clowney's "Average" Development

Dolphins - 1 Fast Player - 62 OVR WR
Bills - 1 Star Player - 73 OVR TE
Jets - 1 Star Player - 73 OVR SS
Giants- 1 Fast Player - 70 OVR FS
Redskins- 1 Fast Player - 69 OVR CB
49ers- 1 Fast Player - 72 OVR CB
Rams - 1 Fast Player - 71 OVR QB
Raiders - 1 Fast Player - 69 OVR MLB
Bengals - 1 Fast Player - 67 OVR HB
Bears - 1 Star Player - 70 OVR C
Lions - 1 Fast Player - 67 OVR WR
Ravens - 1 Fast Player - 70 OVR LT
Packers - 2 Fast Players - 72 OVR WR / 69 OVR HB
Vikings - 1 Fast Player - 71 OVR LE
Jaguars - 1 Fast Player - 70 OVR LG
Falcons - 1 Fast Player - 65 OVR FS
Titans - 1 Fast Player - 56 OVR LE
Panthers - 1 Fast Player - 61 OVR WR
Saints - 1 Fast Player - 71 OVR LT

Wait, you mean rookies are flawed and they don't start out as good as everyone else in the rest of the league?
No need to be condescending man. It is true though. I am talking major flaws. When 3 quarters of the running back class have less than 60 attribute points in stiff arm, trucking or spin, something is certainly messed up. It is really pathetic to be honest.

We have Advanced to the Preseason. For those of you who have enough players to play your week 1 games, feel free to do it. For those of you who are "lacking" the proper amount of players.... I give you explicit permission to sign ONLY the lowest available players for the position you are lacking, JUST to play your game. Afterwords, please drop the players immediately. (i'll be monitoring this in the league transactions) 

I'll be posting the Free Agent Signing process tomorrow Mid Morning. 

DO NOT SIGN FREE AGENTS UNLESS It's the lowest available JUST to be able to play your preseason game. 

No need to be condescending man. It is true though. I am talking major flaws. When 3 quarters of the running back class have less than 60 attribute points in stiff arm, trucking or spin, something is certainly messed up. It is really pathetic to be honest.
and you do realize how easy all of those attributes are to raise, right?

in my opinion EA destroyed the after one season system with player xp upgrading when rookies get into game in drafts. it's complete Bs at this point.

i just want to play football i don't want to play a rpg that is what skyrim is for.

For the Record..this was an operation sports imported draft class...i don't know what to tell you....but i do think it's stupid that the #1 Overall pick isn't a star..or at least Fast development....look at this bullshit.... i just went through ALL teams rosters. Clowney's "Average" Development

Dolphins - 1 Fast Player - 62 OVR WR
Bills - 1 Star Player - 73 OVR TE
Jets - 1 Star Player - 73 OVR SS
Giants- 1 Fast Player - 70 OVR FS
Redskins- 1 Fast Player - 69 OVR CB
49ers- 1 Fast Player - 72 OVR CB
Rams - 1 Fast Player - 71 OVR QB
Raiders - 1 Fast Player - 69 OVR MLB
Bengals - 1 Fast Player - 67 OVR HB
Bears - 1 Star Player - 70 OVR C
Lions - 1 Fast Player - 67 OVR WR
Ravens - 1 Fast Player - 70 OVR LT
Packers - 2 Fast Players - 72 OVR WR / 69 OVR HB
Vikings - 1 Fast Player - 71 OVR LE
Jaguars - 1 Fast Player - 70 OVR LG
Falcons - 1 Fast Player - 65 OVR FS
Titans - 1 Fast Player - 56 OVR LE
Panthers - 1 Fast Player - 61 OVR WR
Saints - 1 Fast Player - 71 OVR LT
Yeah it really is strange. None of the development ratings make any sense what so ever as they look to be random entirely. How on earth is Bridgewater for example not at the very least a fast or star development?

Bridgewater''s stats are as follows.

92 THP

76 SAC

69 MAC

73 DAC

63 RUN6

64 PAC

62 AWR

With those stats I would of thought it was a third or 4th round QB I was looking at and not the best NFL QB prospect.

I'm not sure why the redskins signed those players.....He's not on auto....and the person "sitting" the team hasn't been on his xbox in 6 days..... Very Strange. will deal with it tomorrow. 

My autodraft was a load of hot garbage...although the CPU drafted me the LG I scouted who was pretty intriguing with 94 strength and 91 acceleration (and quick development as Adam mentioned), gonna be a beast at the pull blocks!!  However, his actual blocking is laughably bad: 56 RBK, 58 PBK, 65 IBL lol.

I also got a HB with the "Never" (covers ball) trait...just how I like my running backs!

Overall, definitely no starters...a couple OK-looking depth pieces, but my 1st and 2nd round picks are just huge waste of roster spots but I can't drop them cause of all the guaranteed money they're on the hook for :(

I guess it worked out that I was auto picked for in the first round. Turned out to be one of the few Star players in the draft. He needs some work but I will probably start him to boost him up quickly.

After looking around I'm happy I traded my first and second round pick because all I saw from scouting was the linebacker Barrow that I got , I will say I think the draft players were lower than average because they assume multiple years will be played you figure alot of these players will be great in 3 seasons after working with them , I still think it should be a larger pool of superstars , that don't take alot of work to progress because they are NFL ready.

The NFL Draft is very very rarely full of Blue Chip players who come in and dominate. For the players we just drafted all we have is the hype about how great they will be, but the only way for that to be confirmed is for them to go out and play great. I think this class, while a lot of the overalls are low, probably reflects a more realistic curve for player drafting. If you want your young guys to be great, they will have to play well. There are a ton of guys who have the building blocks to become great players but they'll have to have the appropriate amount of XP dumped into them. No rookie steps on the field better than the men that he now has to compete against. He may have the tools to become that player but, it takes the coaching staff of the franchise to get him there.

I'm one of the guys who traded pieces for draft picks and I don't regret it at all, especially after I wasn't able to improve my team in free agency. My 9 picks gave me some great opportunities to fill some holes. I don't have a player that would come in and start right away, but thats usually the case on a team that is as good as mine is across the board and a couple of the guys I did draft have the tools to be dominant, quickly with a little bit of development. The base stats for my rookies seem really solid and I'll have to develop everything else. To me thats just like real life, you have a kid with a tremendous amount of athleticism, who dominated in college because of it, now he's in the NFL and has to master his technique...gotta coach him up.

I'll take this over any draft class that we've had before....and we get to play with the real college names :lol:

The only issue I have with the drafting process is that the game doesn't allow you to do more extensive scouting. I really hope we do another imported class for next season and every season.

bread's done
Back