Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

For some reason, the PM notifications I got from Dark Rider went to my Yahoo spam folder. So I didn't see that he had responded to me since I didn't get back on the forum after responding to him the first time.

I'm sorry, Dark Rider. I usually check the forums at least a couple times a day, but I admit that I have been slacking since getting the PS4 on Friday. Glad you got the win since you deserved it. I hope there are no hard feelings, but I understand why you'd be pissed with me.
No big deal. I just couldn't figure out why you hadn't responded. No hard feelings at all. I understand. Everyone here has a life.

Colts 21  Titans 35

Colts 

Luck QBR 79.6  9-16 for 190 yards 1 TD 3 INT 

Harris 12 att 122 yards 1 TD 

Streeter 5 rec 142 yards Fleener had the TD 

Purifoy and Lee each had a pick

Titans Top Players:

Locker QBR 114.6 16-24 for 340 yards 3 TD 2 INT 

Johnson 23 att 158 yards 2 TD 

Britt 7 rec for 145 yards 1 TD 

Griffin, McCourty, and Campbell all had a Pick

GG Sprice. 

Someone tell me why I play this game. I honestly forgot (and seriously suck at it).

GG again Adam. We had a battle of receivers who had no business putting up the lines they did. Cumberland vs Hartline. Tannehill got the last laugh thanks to a more established run game and Geno's millionth pick. 58-42 Fins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dolphins over Jets 58-42

Dolphins Offense: 443 Passing Yards, 6 TD / 154 Rushing Yards, 2 TD
Dolphins Defense: 3 Interceptions,  5 Sacks,1 Forced Fumble, 1 Safety, 1 Touchdown, 5 TFL 

Jets Offense: 373 Passing Yards 2 TD / 107 Rushing Yards, 3 TD
Jets Defense: 2 Interceptions, 1 Sack, 1 TD, 6 TFL

gg ubernes. Crazy Game with Cumberland(and Holmes...) and Hartline (and Swope...) burning guys they had no business getting open from. 

Potato Kapowski and the Birds reminded friend Footjob Ryan that you can't replace Tom Brady that easily.

Eagles 52 - Patriots 21

I am curious. How do you write an article on Maddendaddy? I was ready the ones up already, and I didn't see an option.

Also, Fero, did you see that at some point, a guy had asked to join the league on those forums?

1)Trade decision is not complete yet.

2)Dark Rider, i'm walking out of my office now, but i'll make some notes about writing an article later. 

3) i did not see this. 

4) I'm not the only commissioner, mr. yanks;) i just replied to your pm and informed you that i will place them on auto at 7pm est. 

Edit: as for #3, upon seeing this, this guy has been booted out of 3 other Daddyleagues twice for cheating, and a 3rd time for not playing any of his games. He doesn't belong here;) Thank you, however. 

Trade Alert:

Falcons receive: RB Ray Rice AGE 27 93 ovr. 3 yrs remaining, $7M, $7M, $7M

Ravens receive: WR Roddy White AGE 32 93 ovr. 5 yrs remaining, $10M, $7.67, $9.22M, $11.2, $13.9
Declined - The group was split, however the consensus seemed to be White's large contract and age hurt his value.

Stephon Gilmore bailed me out or that is a much closer game. Had a few drop interceptions on your end that could have ended badly for me. Happy to escape with the win and that the long missed field goal didn't cost me. I thought that was going to be the turning point in the game. GG Fero. Highlights most likely won't be up until tomorrow evening.

Lots of Lowlights. One Highlight on your side. I'm so disgusted by how i played that game on both sides of the ball. makes me sad. have a good night. I'll contemplate posting a free agency chart tomorrow. Just done with football after that game. 

Week 4 Free Agency is Starting!

Reminder: We go by what is posted in the thread. You must post who you're adding, and who you're dropping, in the thread before it is counted. There is no order of selection within each group, it's first-come first-served. 

Free Agency starts AFTER I Post to kick it off at 6pm est Tonight. Any posts posted before my this post will be ignored.

If you're not around a computer at 6pm, and can't use your phone to post your free agents, feel free to pm me and i'll post it for you.

Group 1 - Will Begin at 6pm Est 11/20/2013

1. Redskins

2. Lions - ROLB Kevin Burnett

3. Ravens

4. Chargers

5. Packers

6. Texans

7. Colts - CB E.J. Biggers

8. Giants

Group 2 - Will Begin at 8am EST 11/21/2013
9.   Raiders

10. Jets

11. Steelers

12. Jaguars

13. Cowboys

14. Panthers

15. Bears

16. Patriots

Group 3 - Will Begin at 4pm EST 11/21/2013
17. Bengals

18. Vikings

19. Dolphins

20. Rams

21. Cardinals

22. Broncos

23. Buccaneers

24. Saints

Group 4 - Will Begin at 11pm EST 11/21/2013
25. 49ers

26. Eagles

27. Falcons

28. Titans

29. Chiefs

30. Seahawks

31. Browns

32. Bills

Selections must be in the following format:

Team Name:
Player Added: Name (Position)
Player Dropped: Name (Position)

A few things to note:

1. If your roster isn't full, you don't need to drop a guy. But please post who you pick up.

2. Keep your cap space in mind. These guys do take contracts, so you might not be able to sign the expensive guys without dropping someone.

3. As always, we go by posts in the thread, not who adds them first in game. Once you post in the thread that you added a guy, he's yours.

Big NFC matchup tonight!

49ers vs. Eagles gong down around 6:30pm EST.

I'm psyched, it's always fun to play an old division rival.

Bucs v. Titans happening tonight sometime. First time Sprice and I have matched up in the regular season in some time. Looking forward to it.

49ers - 17

Eagles - 13

The first game I had looked forward to in awhile lived up to expectations. The key for the Niners was going 7-9 on 3rd downs. A little bit of luck, and some bad officiating, got the 49ers past the difficult Eagles.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV8N1iXvil0&feature=share&list=UUoLW9kBzK_8ITmLzineWL2w[/youtube]

Cardinals 34 - Seahawks 10

The Arizona Cardinals came up with a big win against a tough division opponent when they knocked off Seattle at home to hand the Hawks their first loss of the season. The Cardinals were in trouble early after starting running back Armond Smith coughed up the ball on his own 30 yard line giving Seattle the ball with an already 3-0 lead. The Seahawks capitalized on the fumble and scored a TD putting them up 10-0. That however is where the game took a dynamic shift as the Cardinals ended up scoring the next 34 consecutive points. Once again the Cardinals D has been lights out holding the number 1 ranked Seattle offense to under 190 total yards in the game. The Cards defensive had two interceptions in this one and one of which was returned for a TD.

Tajh Boyd continues to lead the way for the Cardinals this season as he strung together another good game. Boyd went 16/21 passing and had 210 yards through the air and added one TD. Boyd continues to lead all starting QB's with a completion percentage of 83% and has a league leading 148 QB Rating. The Cardinals mean business this year.

Good Game Timbo!

Cardinals 34 - Seahawks 10

The Arizona Cardinals came up with a big win against a tough division opponent when they knocked off Seattle at home to hand the Hawks their first loss of the season. The Cardinals were in trouble early after starting running back Armond Smith coughed up the ball on his own 30 yard line giving Seattle the ball with an already 3-0 lead. The Seahawks capitalized on the fumble and scored a TD putting them up 10-0. That however is where the game took a dynamic shift as the Cardinals ended up scoring the next 34 consecutive points. Once again the Cardinals D has been lights out holding the number 1 ranked Seattle offense to under 190 total yards in the game. The Cards defensive had two interceptions in this one and one of which was returned for a TD.

Tajh Boyd continues to lead the way for the Cardinals this season as he strung together another good game. Boyd went 16/21 passing and had 210 yards through the air and added one TD. Boyd continues to lead all starting QB's with a completion percentage of 83% and has a league leading 148 QB Rating. The Cardinals mean business this year.

Good Game Timbo!
that might have been the worst game i have played in this league yet. Two fumbles you had my said oh look at that pretty ball rolling on the ground i don't want to plick it up :/ lol.

Not going to lie, that was the cheesiest game I have ever played in this league. Don't get me wrong, I was terrible and deserved to lose. When 4/5 of your opponent's first drive plays are read option, you know what kind of a game your in for.

Good game Doo Mane, it's not that you're not better than me (which I think you are). It's just disappointing to lose that way. I am glad you toned it down once you had me demolished at the end of the first half. Good game once again. Next time we play I will be better prepared for the pistol and read option.

Not going to lie, that was the cheesiest game I have ever played in this league. Don't get me wrong, I was terrible and deserved to lose. When 4/5 of your opponent's first drive plays are read option, you know what kind of a game your in for.

Good game Doo Mane, it's not that you're not better than me (which I think you are). It's just disappointing to lose that way. I am glad you toned it down once you had me demolished at the end of the first half. Good game once again. Next time we play I will be better prepared for the pistol and read option.
I mean this with as little offense as possible, but that's exactly your play style so I'm not exactly sure what your complaining about?

Brown wing u threw 2 times vs me the rest was Pistol or shotgun counter so ur comment is funny to me! This was last season by the way

Just an FYI...the post for the opening of free agency that includes the schedule for this go-round has group 4 starting at 11 pm est on Friday night

Good game Doo Mane, it's not that you're not better than me (which I think you are). It's just disappointing to lose that way. I am glad you toned it down once you had me demolished at the end of the first half. Good game once again. Next time we play I will be better prepared for the pistol and read option
I guess he used your gameplan of sticking to one thing you ran the Shotgun counter / sweep a tally of 17-19 (2 were read options or inverted Veer ) times in our game, to add insult to injury with 23 seconds down 1 point left in the game on your own 20 yard line you decide to run the Shotgun Counter twice, and a read Option, only to have Jamaal Charles break a 73 yard run, What real NFL coach would do that none but being that the play is an exploit you decided to go that route, having played both of you multiple times I haven't ran into anybody who commits as much cheese as you, quite frankly next game we play I think I will adopt your playstyle as it seems Doo Mane may have and that seemed to work.

Browning u are the definition of cheese, easily the cheesiest in the league right now. Ur play style goes against everything this league stands for.

Alright, I feel the need to respond to all these accusations. Then, if the league wants me to resign, I will be more than happy to.

I would also like to note, that no one has ever brought up a problem with my playstyle until now (Minus a PM from Uber a week ago, which I have been trying to improve on.). Sure, we got a little "he's the worst person ever" from Hemmingway, but that doesn't really give me much information on what precisely I am doing. If you just assume that I am an evil master scheming over here, you would be wrong.

Third, I am passed Doo Mane's game. I lost and that is that. I need to better learn to stop his offense. Yes, I know how to do that, I was foolish not to.

I mean this with as little offense as possible, but that's exactly your play style so I'm not exactly sure what your complaining about?
I don't quite know if that's fair. I strongly believe in a strong run and play action, which is why 45% of my plays come from the pro set. Yes, I realize that I have had major issues throwing. I threw some 25+ interceptions, so that's not going to be my primary strength. I have been trying to throw a lot more this year, and have 700+ yards in five games.

Brown wing u threw 2 times vs me the rest was Pistol or shotgun counter so ur comment is funny to me! This was last season by the way
I obviously don't remember our entire game. If I can recall though, I knew you were drastically better than me. The only way I was going to beat you was ball control. However, you are absolutely right that I needed to pass the ball more.

Also, please note that I didn't have a problem with Doo Mane running the ball. This is something I have to be better at preventing. I was annoyed because the first drive was almost entirely the same play. If he wants to run the ball the whole game that's fine with me. Heck, I would endorse it.

I guess he used your gameplan of sticking to one thing you ran the Shotgun counter / sweep a tally of 17-19 (2 were read options or inverted Veer ) times in our game, to add insult to injury with 23 seconds down 1 point left in the game on your own 20 yard line you decide to run the Shotgun Counter twice, and a read Option, only to have Jamaal Charles break a 73 yard run, What real NFL coach would do that none but being that the play is an exploit you decided to go that route, having played both of you multiple times I haven't ran into anybody who commits as much cheese as you, quite frankly next game we play I think I will adopt your playstyle as it seems Doo Mane may have and that seemed to work.
First of all, I don't run the inverted veer. I just don't like it. Second, I don't really run many sweeps due to how well this league can protect them. Therefore, I am basically being accused of running seventeen counter plays? I don't think that's entirely accurate. I don't remember exactly, but typically, I run around 4-8 counters per game.

If you're going to give me hell over not acting "like an NFL coach," I would just like to make a note about what you did at the end of the game. I almost posted about it that night, but I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt because I do respect you. Anyway, it was 41-42 and you had just scored and you went for two. I don't know what NFL coach would do that? Sure, we can say Bill Belichek, but even in crunch time, I don't think he would risk it, he would go for the field goal to tie it. However, you went for twp and you got with your 6'6" qb on a sneak.

In regards to the last drive, I was annoyed. I had twenty three seconds to do something and I got incredibly lucky. I don't think that counter out of the shotgun is an exploit though. An exploit would always work, where as this play is easily shut down by lots of people Chetty, Hemmingway, Doo Mane, even yourself have found ways to shut it down.

Browning u are the definition of cheese, easily the cheesiest in the league right now. Ur play style goes against everything this league stands for.
I don't know about that, but I respect your opinion to think so. Haven't we only played once, last year?

I feel I have decently laid out my argument. If the league feels the need for me to leave, I will do so with no contention. However, I would also like note that I am trying to pass more this year and heavily tone down the 3-5 times a game that I used the read option. I am certainly not running it as much as I was last year.

If it would make anyone feel better, I would be open to adopting an entirely new play book. I currently use the Panther's playbook. Would that help?

Edit: One last thing, I have no intention of being disrespectful in all this. I respect everyone in this league, whether or not you will respect me.

Couldn't quote you due to my work computer Brownwing, but it was 17-19 times because I tallied it as we played before I knew what to expect in our matchup and I figured I would tally it, and "exploit" may have been a poor choice of vocabulary on my behalf, but the shotgun counter slash sweep are overpowered in this game according to Operation Sports and other website's that are easily found through a google search, against a typical defense without overloading and committing too many players to one side with a speed back it almost gurantees 8-10 yds each time. It also tends to cause DB's in Man coverage not to respond unless run commited due to the AI on All-Pro according to another user on Operation Sports but thats all in debate. Regardless though yea I went for 2 I figured if we went to OT you would run counter or sweep til you scored so instead I went to seal the win, real coaches occasionally go for the win, if they convert they are a genius, if they don't they are scrutinized, If Im not mistaken I know Im not the first to do this I know Duece did earlier in the season although he did not convert. As is you aren't the first to run basically the same play as did MOG do this with the zone read, but we clearly saw what that gets you. I would like to believe that you just lost count that you ran a shotgun run play 17 times but than I remember you were the same guy running Jamaal Charles on Kickoff returns , and last season you were running scams with the Tight End.

All in All I don't typically complain because it's all good, I got some "overpowered " stuff I will introduce you to in our next matchup and I will only run it "4-8" times also to stay in spirit with your gameplay style.

bread's done
Back