*Madden NFL 09 CAG Online League* (Game Comes Out 8/12)

[quote name='tdot3dahardstout']we need 2 start this by sunday[/quote]

I guess somebody needs to contact the OP and see whats up, I dont want to mutiny the dude, but if he doesn't have time hopefully he'll understand if somebody else needs to initiate the league (or leagues). Any volunteers to run it and organize?*

* if OP doesn't reply

[quote name='metrognome']I guess somebody needs to contact the OP and see whats up, I dont want to mutiny the dude, but if he doesn't have time hopefully he'll understand if somebody else needs to initiate the league (or leagues). Any volunteers to run it and organize?*

* if OP doesn't reply[/quote]

I think we already went this route. He first said it would be up last Saturday. Then after a few days of silence he came back and apologized and said it would be up " soon."

He wrote:

"Im So Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something came up and I had to take care of it!

I will take care of this league I promise! Its cleared up now. Im really sorry! I want to play as bad as you guys...."

Like everyone pointed out, that was kool, life takes over sometimes, stuff comes up etc.

That was five days ago. I already stood up for the OP and asked tdot3dahardstout to hold off when he was setting up one of the conferences. I almost think we should've let he go ahead and do it.

My vote is that if the league isn't up and running by Sunday, mid-day, that we let tdot3dahardstout set up the NFC and then find someone to set the AFC.

I'm in the NFC otherwise I would do it. One other point, I don't know if we every resolved the questions around settings (quarter length, rules, playoffs, etc). Perhaps at this point we just let the new commissioners decide.

I wonder how many people we've lost b/c this has taken so long . . .:whistle2::)-(

I'd be willing to help out on the AFC side of things if needed. Although we might want to get a headcount of who's still interested, because if we lost a large group of people, we may not need to split the league into two -- or if for example, we lost a bunch of NFC people but had a large group of NFC people, it wouldn't make sense to have two leagues, one with say 10 teams and one with 4 teams...or whatever...you get the idea ;)

Anyway, we should probably get a final headcount

Im Still in. If this whole thing has gotten fubar'd than maybe we should settle on the two commishes and the rules, then start a new thread and redo the headcount and namelist like the first post on here.

I'm still in.

I was signed up as the Patriots, b/c my Cowboys were taken. If the 'boys are available, I'd take them - if we're keeping the originals, I guess I can manage to try to win with the Patriots. :)

Keith
psn - cusemanKeith
Eastern Time Zone

[quote name='melokeith']I'm still in.

I was signed up as the Patriots, b/c my Cowboys were taken. If the 'boys are available, I'd take them - if we're keeping the originals, I guess I can manage to try to win with the Patriots. :)

Keith
psn - cusemanKeith
Eastern Time Zone[/QUOTE]

they are taken by me

SO at the least it sounds like we still have some interest. For now I'd suggest not requesting new teams until we're sure who is in and who is out. It just seems to make for a confusing thread.

It is Saturday evening where I am and still no word from the OP. I'd like to go ahead and preapre for tomorrow. Since he already ran with this before, I nominate tdot3dahardstout to be the commisioner of the NFC. How's that sound tdot3dahardstout? Anyone up for the AFC commish spot?

After those two roles are filled, how about the two commissioners get together over IM or PM and let them decide the settings for the league? I'd hate to delay this more as we can't reach agreement on quarter length, etc. Let them decide and let's run with it. They should decide on the playoff format too. Finally, they should be the ones confirming the "ownership" of teams based on the earlier posts and finding replacements for any drops.

It seems like some work, but we need some organization and leadership to get this going it sounds like to me.

Seriously disappointed that this is so confusing and has taken so long. It sounds like we may be getting close though.

Oh, and let's create conference-specific threads once the ownership of teams and setting are settled on. This thread has become quite messy. My $0.02
Dr. SP

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']SO at the least it sounds like we still have some interest. For now I'd suggest not requesting new teams until we're sure who is in and who is out. It just seems to make for a confusing thread.

It is Saturday evening where I am and still no word from the OP. I'd like to go ahead and preapre for tomorrow. Since he already ran with this before, I nominate tdot3dahardstout to be the commisioner of the NFC. How's that sound tdot3dahardstout? Anyone up for the AFC commish spot?

After those two roles are filled, how about the two commissioners get together over IM or PM and let them decide the settings for the league? I'd hate to delay this more as we can't reach agreement on quarter length, etc. Let them decide and let's run with it. They should decide on the playoff format too. Finally, they should be the ones confirming the "ownership" of teams based on the earlier posts and finding replacements for any drops.

It seems like some work, but we need some organization and leadership to get this going it sounds like to me.

Seriously disappointed that this is so confusing and has taken so long. It sounds like we may be getting close though.

Oh, and let's create conference-specific threads once the ownership of teams and setting are settled on. This thread has become quite messy. My $0.02
Dr. SP[/quote]

Sounds like a plan. I can commish the AFC.

I think we need to have this started by monday! Who ever is going to be in charge, pm people and make sure there still interested let's get organized!

[quote name='metrognome']I am in as the Atlanta Falcons. Has anybody pm'd the nfc commish to see if hes read all this?[/quote]

Good idea. I just did. I asked him to PM me back or post here on this thread.

If he can't do it, I can. I just thought it would be fair it let him have first crack at it since he tried before.

If anyone is open to suggestions for the playoff format, I recommend trying to match the real system since we'll have a (nearly) full league.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ob1gui/nflrules.htm

Since we're only having Conferences (NFC and AFC) and not divisions (North, South, East and West) because Madden does not support them, perhaps we can take the top six team from each conference. Seeds 3-6 play off in the first round, while seeds 1 and 2 get a bye.

Just thinking about it so I thought I'd bringin it up. Up to the commissioners to reach agreement though in my opinion.

UPDATE: I saw that there is a setting for playoffs in the league set-up. Not sure what the format is, but I'd just as soon let the game handle it rather than trying to make our own system . Means less work.

UPDATE: I saw that there is a setting for playoffs in the league set-up. Not sure what the format is, but I'd just as soon let the game handle it rather than trying to make our own system . Means less work.

yeah as long as we split the conferences, each one can have a playoff, then we have the two conference winners play a superbowl.

Just a short note: primetime and I are working on finalizing the league settings. Once we reach consensus, I expected we'll contact you via PM and PSN with log in info.

Also, look for new threads for each conference with ownership details and rules.

I fully expect we'll be up and running by mid-day Sunday.

Thanks for your patience!

Dr. SP

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Just a short note: primetime and I are working on finalizing the league settings. Once we reach consensus, I expected we'll contact you via PM and PSN with log in info.

Also, look for new threads for each conference with ownership details and rules.

I fully expect we'll be up and running by mid-day Sunday.

Thanks for your patience!

Dr. SP[/quote]

Co-sign :)

The NFC league is up and running! If you are an original owner, check you CAG PM and PSN mailbox for registration info. Please register for the league through the game ASAP.

Also, check the new NFC thread for ownership details and some other notes!

Give me a few minutes to get my thread together. The thread and league are up however.

Strangepork did all the work ;) Props man.

bread's done
Back