*Madden NFL 09 CAG Online League* (Game Comes Out 8/12)

if anyone wants to play tommorrow ill be playing madden from 2pm PST-5pm

just PM me or add me on PSN

my psn is Furasu just say youre from cag.

**** NEW COMERS****
ONE LAST TEAM

THE HOUSTON TEXANS ARE STILL AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!

HOUSTON TEXANS * AVAILABLE STILL*

my vision of the league was we actually play the set schedule the nfl already has out.. lol

Played online last night for the first time with Madden 09. The game isn't as good as I wsa hoping, but it will do especially playing with some CAGers.

My first online game didn't go well. I got beat 38-7. I had 5 interceptions and one fumble. I have a lot of work to do!

My goal is to not lose every game in our league! :)

I played a game last night. It was interesting to the say the least. I won 17-10 in OT but it will take me some time to get use to. Especially since I bought 08 day one last year played it once and never again. though I will admit once I get the control scheme down and learn how to gimmick my plays to compensate for what I am lacking I will be the force I once was on the ps2 days. Plus I need to change my playbook the 49ers playbook on offense is horrible. lol

Yeah, I was still having fun even as I was getting my ass handed to me. I haven't played console football since NFL 2k5. Madded 09 play was fun (although complex as I've been away from FB so long) but the presentation left a lot to be desired.

I also I suffer from the lock up that happens when you try to access the online lobbies. Seems to be affecting more than just me too.

To be fair, I only played for about 2.5 hours last night. I know it is a deep game and I look forward to getting better and better with my team (Saints).

See you online!

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Yeah, I was still having fun even as I was getting my ass handed to me. I haven't played console football since NFL 2k5. Madded 09 play was fun (although complex as I've been away from FB so long) but the presentation left a lot to be desired.

I also I suffer from the lock up that happens when you try to access the online lobbies. Seems to be affecting more than just me too.

To be fair, I only played for about 2.5 hours last night. I know it is a deep game and I look forward to getting better and better with my team (Saints).

See you online![/quote]

This pretty much describes my experience too. Haven't play much football online since 2k5...but this year's Madden brought me around. Overall it feels pretty good and a lot better since the last time I played Madden. I got to get some practice in and get used to the new game :)

But yeah, trying to get into the lobbies just locks up my game.

If anyone is looking for any games tonight, feel free to add me to your friends list, PSN: funkydb. I'm not great but I play fair ;)

Since the lobbies seem to be problematic, the easiest way seems to setup games through the friends list.

madden 08 is a lot different from 09 in ways only hardcore players could tell.

in 09 u can now throw under center, in 08 the oline constantly crashed and u were sacked on 70% of the plays unless u rolled out

in 09 u have to use user skills to catch the ball if ure going 1 on 1 with another cb, in 08 u could have just launched the ball and spectacular catched it.

in 09 the jukes are more sensitive and the animations are more realistic, in 08 u could just button jab stiff arm and make it for 7 yards most of the time...

OUR LEAGUE IS Full! ive never played in any league.. this will be fun!

[quote name='Furashu']madden 08 is a lot different from 09 in ways only hardcore players could tell.

in 09 u can now throw under center, in 08 the oline constantly crashed and u were sacked on 70% of the plays unless u rolled out

in 09 u have to use user skills to catch the ball if ure going 1 on 1 with another cb, in 08 u could have just launched the ball and spectacular catched it.

in 09 the jukes are more sensitive and the animations are more realistic, in 08 u could just button jab stiff arm and make it for 7 yards most of the time...

OUR LEAGUE IS Full! ive never played in any league.. this will be fun![/quote]

Don't tell that to the bashers. :lol:

if any of you guys want to play sometime out side of the league, go ahead and add me so we can play sometime.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']wait... did the OP send invites out for the league? and if so where do i go about getting the invite?[/QUOTE]

I don't think he did yet, I think we need to hammer out the details before SAT. (which is when the OP said he wanted the leagues to start)

[quote name='Furashu']just sent u an invite lets plaY![/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll be on later tonight around 10 EST.

5 mins...trades...random weather...no free agency....no injuries....6 team playoffs in the 2 divisions....all-pro..fatigue....since theres 16 team the max games is 11 so u wont play 4 teams.... any objections

[quote name='tdot3dahardstout']5 mins...trades...random weather...no free agency....no injuries....6 team playoffs in the 2 divisions....all-pro..fatigue....since theres 16 team the max games is 11 so u wont play 4 teams.... any objections[/quote]

i guess 5 min quaters is ok since thats what ranke games are set at.

add me on PSN,ill play whoever madden..

[quote name='Furashu']i guess 5 min quaters is ok since thats what ranke games are set at.

add me on PSN,ill play whoever madden..[/QUOTE]

I need that rematch! I got my playbooks set up, and got my madden bearings back(I have not played madden in like 3-4yrs.) Your constant RB screens and constantly going for it on 4th down will no longer beat me..

I am having such a hard time getting used to this Madden. I can't throw deep, and I'm not able to take controller of the reciver and make anything happen when I'm throwing deep on one on one coverage. I don't fee like I have full control over the player that I'm controller.

[quote name='Thomas96']I am having such a hard time getting used to this Madden. I can't throw deep, and I'm not able to take controller of the reciver and make anything happen when I'm throwing deep on one on one coverage. I don't fee like I have full control over the player that I'm controller.[/quote]

No, the deep ball is really tough to connect this year though you should be able to have a better chance of catching it if you user catch. Go lab it for about 30 mins. User catching has overall gotten a lot better this year, its close to last gen.

You can't rely on speed to connect the deep ball, you really have to scheme it.

[quote name='js1']I need that rematch! I got my playbooks set up, and got my madden bearings back(I have not played madden in like 3-4yrs.) Your constant RB screens and constantly going for it on 4th down will no longer beat me..[/quote]

lol i only went on 4th once cause it was 4th and 1 :D

and i only did screens cause u blitzed like every play. :p

gonna play a round robbin tournament with my friends today on xbox.

[quote name='primetime']No, the deep ball is really tough to connect this year though you should be able to have a better chance of catching it if you user catch. Go lab it for about 30 mins. User catching has overall gotten a lot better this year, its close to last gen.

You can't rely on speed to connect the deep ball, you really have to scheme it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for advice, I spent about an hour today, going over deep passes. I think it helped a lot, I ws able to see what exactly needs to be done to increase the likelihood that the deep pass would be completed. I still can't cut the ball off like I used to. Seems to me that a grade A, receiver versus a grade A corner and youre likely to complete the pass, however, to increase the likelihood you really have to focus on matchups. As I become more comfortable with the teams, and their personnel, I suspect that I'll be able to get better deep ball completion results.

Final list of players will be up tomorrow morning. The league will go up about 2:00 EST.

Lol hope you guys are ready to get smashed by the holy arm of Peyton Manning!

BTW Pats and Brady suck.....

[quote name='Furashu']lol i only went on 4th once cause it was 4th and 1 :D

and i only did screens cause u blitzed like every play. :p

gonna play a round robbin tournament with my friends today on xbox.[/QUOTE]

I know, I'm messing with you about the 4th down stuff..I swore you went for it like 3-4 times(maybe not) But I didn't blitz you to often(I should of), it might have looked like I did because I was playing a 3-4 defense.

[quote name='HustlerKid']Final list of players will be up tomorrow morning. The league will go up about 2:00 EST.

BTW Pats and Brady suck.....[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I'll be ready!

[quote name='HustlerKid']Final list of players will be up tomorrow morning. The league will go up about 2:00 EST.

BTW Pats and Brady suck.....[/quote]

Can you create both leagues for each conference or will someone else have to take the other?

Anybody else had in game freeze ups. just hit my second one in franchise mode. The screen freezes on the play select menu, but you can here the sound and the game continuing. wierd glitch. just wondering if anyone else has had this. hopefully a patch will fix it. I haven't tried an online game yet. I was waiting for the league...

[quote name='metrognome']Anybody else had in game freeze ups. just hit my second one in franchise mode. The screen freezes on the play select menu, but you can here the sound and the game continuing. wierd glitch. just wondering if anyone else has had this. hopefully a patch will fix it. I haven't tried an online game yet. I was waiting for the league...[/quote]

ive had this happen about 3 times during the replays when the game is over.

it would friggen freeze when i try to go too fast or something to view the plays and then id go return to gaame and it would freeze.

this league will be funny because im sure it wont mirror real life, since some of u guys are probably really good at madden and using real life "bad' teams

Is it me or is this game a lot harder than before? It seems like even though it uses my skills, it always seem to be better than me, rather than match my skills.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Is it me or is this game a lot harder than before? It seems like even though it uses my skills, it always seem to be better than me, rather than match my skills.[/QUOTE]

it is definitely tougher, than any Madden i've played before. But, break down soon enough...

[quote name='metrognome']Anybody else had in game freeze ups. just hit my second one in franchise mode. The screen freezes on the play select menu, but you can here the sound and the game continuing. wierd glitch. just wondering if anyone else has had this. hopefully a patch will fix it. I haven't tried an online game yet. I was waiting for the league...[/QUOTE]

I have not had freezing ,a couple of just disconnects when playing online.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Is it me or is this game a lot harder than before? It seems like even though it uses my skills, it always seem to be better than me, rather than match my skills.[/QUOTE]

its supposed to match your skills when you set the difficulty to MY SKILL, now if you use all pro difficult setting, all the gameplay will occur in All pro setting. Myskill will vary. Even though I've practiced on deep passes, I still find those throws to be so dificult. I've been punished with interception after interception. I feel like the game really punishes those who try to go deep. You really have to be careful and precise on those deep throws.

BTW Pats and Brady suck.....[/quote]

Post the league name once its up! I'm amped!

[quote name='metrognome']Anybody else had in game freeze ups. just hit my second one in franchise mode. The screen freezes on the play select menu, but you can here the sound and the game continuing. wierd glitch. just wondering if anyone else has had this. hopefully a patch will fix it. I haven't tried an online game yet. I was waiting for the league...[/quote]

I had one freeze after a chise game before the main menu popped up. That's it so far.

I'm really sorry, but it doesn't look like I'm going to be picking up Madden for a while, I've had a couple of things come up that are going to keep me VERY busy for the next month or two...

So I'm going to have to give up my spot with the giants. Sorry all!

looks like the league is not set up yet. I joined the CAG(bunch of roman numerals league) I don't think thats the proper one though. jsut let me know what everything is running and I should be able to play a game or tow on tuesday night.

thanks guys just please bear with me a little longer...this research paper is killing me for school at least when i am finished I will officially have my MBA :)

I had exactly what you were talking about. Freeze in the middle of calling a play during a franchise game.

I also freeze when I try to go into the lobby online.

Lame, EA, Lame!!!

FWIW I tried to add everyone on the OPs post as a friend. Of the 29 I tried to add, 5 came up as ID not recognized. Either I typed them in wrong or those accounts don't exist.

Strange that someone would try to join the league without a valid ID.

bread's done
Back