*Madden NFL 09 CAG Online League* (Game Comes Out 8/12)

[quote name='primetime']Yea there will presumably be a roster update with all the preseason moves available on the first day as well as a patch to fix some minor gameplay issues.

Having an AFC league and an NFC league wouldn't be more of a problem, just 2 different people would have to create a league. I don't think there are any commish activities to do throughout the season anyway. I just think there is a better chance that I, and others, finish a league where you have to play 15 games versus 31 games. I think that makes a lot more sense.[/quote]

Good point. I hadn't thought of having two "leagues" to represent the AFC and NFC. So they could run their own seasons, playoff and then the winners from each do the Superbowl.

So who is going to codify all these rules that are beyond the in-game features? My understanding is that there are a lot of settings to decide too (quarter length, etc). Can we decide on all this before the season starts?

Thanks for the good ideas though.

-Dr. Sp.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Good point. I hadn't thought of having two "leagues" to represent the AFC and NFC. So they could run their own seasons, playoff and then the winners from each do the Superbowl.

So who is going to codify all these rules that are beyond the in-game features? My understanding is that there are a lot of settings to decide too (quarter length, etc). Can we decide on all this before the season starts?

Thanks for the good ideas though.

-Dr. Sp.[/quote]

I say we use 4 min quarters, trades enabled, and All-Pro.

5 or 6 minues quaters... 4 minutes is 2 shorts u make on turnover n loose the coin toss game over.. so i like 5 to 6 minute quaters trades n all pro.....n have a 6 team tournament in each division n the winner of both get 2 play in a new 2man online league Chanpionship game n the winner win the online tROPHY

4 min quaters, 5 mins is way too long, i aint playin 20 min games.
Madden tournaments the games are only 3 min quaters. if u screw it its your fault!

been reading the past 2 pages heres some suggestions
1) have an AFC and NFC
2) have 4 min quaters
3) have it at all-pro
4) no fantasy draft crap
5) have it tourney sty

[quote name='FL32BOI']So how do we actually get into this league, the commish sends us an invite like NCAA?[/quote]

It seems like you can just search for the league name and enter the password.

new york giants
[quote name='HustlerKid']
945505_100776_front.jpg

I figure we can reserve spots and teams now. If you don't feel I'm classified to run it, someone else can. I just wanted to get it started.I know its a month away, but I figure we can just discuss the game and sport until it comes.

Leave your PSN and the team your choosing. *32 spots are available so hurry!*

Player Team PSN

colts_45x45.gif
.HustlerKid Indianapolis Colts ( GTABlueKid) EST

cowboys_45x45.gif
.starmask2k3 Dallas Cowboys
(mizerytheraven) EST

chiefs_45x45.gif
.dopehat
Kansas City Chiefs (glzwpk) CST

vikings_45x45.gif
Thomas96 Minnesota Vikings (Thomaticus)

steelers_45x45.gif
primetime Pittsburgh Steelers (primetime171) CST

packers_45x45.gif
BasketCase1080 Green Bay Packers (Killsbury) CST

patriots_45x45.gif
melokeith New England Patriots (cusemanKeith) EST

browns_45x45.gif
galvatron2k1 Cleveland Browns (galvatron2k1) EST

jets_45x45.gif
uchihabutter New York Jets (uchihabutter)

panthers_45x45.gif
screwkick
Carolina Panthers (TomStu)

chargers_45x45.gif
Furashu San Diego Chargers(Furashu) PST

ravens_45x45.gif
DeskLaser Baltimore Ravens (DeskLaser) EST

cardinals_45x45.gif
tdot3dahardstout Arizona Cardinals (tdot3dahardstout) EST

eagles_45x45.gif
The Notorious ROB
Philadelphia Eagles (TheNotoriousROB) EST

saints_45x45.gif
15.Dr. Strangepork New Orleans Saints (ChizelMonkee) CST

49ers_45x45.gif
Dark Kenpachi San Francisco 49ers (Kenpachiexodia) EST

titans_45x45.gif
17.m3gatr0nx Tennesse Titans (funkydb) EST

lions_45x45.gif
18.0x3g3n Detroit Lions (l1nd) CST

bears_45x45.gif
19.B1ggDogg Chicago Bears (B1ggDogg)

raiders_45x45.gif
20.ChrisLemieux Oakland Raiders (XUEIMEL) PST

bills_45x45.gif
21.woody_08 Buffalo Bills (bills_fan07) EST

rams_45x45.gif
22.lilwiggum St.Louis Rams (lilwiggum) CST

broncos_45x45.gif
23.monkdubilous Denver Broncos (monkdubilous) EST
B4CK7R4CK- new york giants
[/quote]

wow can u guys read the last 2 posts?
back to back people said " i want the giants" then 2 posts later "i want the giants"

the giants were taken about one page ago.

I agree 4 min quarters are the best. 5 min quarters in this game last about an hour a game. Plus online with substitutions and all that it can get long really fast.

Are we going to have injuries turned on or off?

[quote name='Furashu']wow can u guys read the last 2 posts?
back to back people said " i want the giants" then 2 posts later "i want the giants"

the giants were taken about one page ago.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I had no idea the giants were taken. If that's the case I'll take Seattle if they are still available.

woo i got madden 09, my 7/11 broke the street date... :bouncy:

helpin out OP a little, looked at the past 3 pages and saw who wanted to join. hope this helps.
[quote name='DarkKenpachi']ok imma post the last 9 teams left so people can choose to sign up or not.

NFC East
sprintfinanceguy he claimed the giants on post #84
Bhay99 claimed the redskins like three posts above me

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Atlanta Falcons

NFC North
none

NFC West
kill3r7
just cliamed the seahawks

AFC East
Fl32boi claimed the fins on post #88

AFC North
Cincinnati Bengals

AFC South
Houston Texans
js1 claimed the jags on post #92

AFC West
none

there are some good teams left for whoever else wants to play.

I will update this post once Hustlerkid does.

Sorry if I am stepping on toes. I just wanna help make this fun for everyone[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Furashu']woo i got madden 09, my 7/11 broke the street date... :bouncy:

helpin out OP a little, looked at the past 3 pages and saw who wanted to join. hope this helps.[/quote]

So when did 7/11 start carrying games? Do they all carry them? Did you get $10 off? How? I heard there might be a coupon.

Congrats on the sweet score. There's one down the street from me but I never go in. Perhaps it is time.

Dr. SP

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Im not interested in joining a league or anything, i just have a question:

Will there be fantasy drafts for online leagues in this game?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='primetime']No need at all to do divisions. 4 min quarter games can last up to 40 mins. That's plenty.[/QUOTE]

With the Divisions such as AFC vs NFC then you only play 16 games otherwise you have to play all 32 games

[quote name='dopehat']With the Divisions such as AFC vs NFC then you only play 16 games otherwise you have to play all 32 games[/quote]

Yeah, I'm starting to like the division idea more and more. Split the teams in half and put one half in the AFC and the other half in the NFC keeping the real conferences in tact as much as possible (assuming there are less than 32 teams. If there are 32 no problem).

Playing 31 games sounds like a lot!

[quote name='Furashu']woo i got madden 09, my 7/11 broke the street date... :bouncy:

helpin out OP a little, looked at the past 3 pages and saw who wanted to join. hope this helps.[/quote]

You missed me claiming the Buccaneers.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Im not interested in joining a league or anything, i just have a question:

Will there be fantasy drafts for online leagues in this game?[/quote]

Well, you just rank your picks then the AI autodrafts for you. Pretty weak.

[quote name='dopehat']With the Divisions such as AFC vs NFC then you only play 16 games otherwise you have to play all 32 games[/quote]

I'm sorry, yeah I agree with you 100%. I took divisions as him wanting to split into NFC North, AFC East, etc. :bomb:

I vote for injuries on, but it's not a big deal for me either way.

I'm cool with the idea of splitting into afc and nfc divsions if possible, also having injuries on. I would like 5 min. quarters though.

[quote name='Furashu']game is great!! u can throw under center! if u do roll outs u get man handled by de's[/QUOTE]

Yah I was doing some bootlegs against the bears and I suck :( kept getting sacked

another question when do actual league games start. Only reason I am asking cause as I stated before things are kinda tight with school work and all. I just don't wanna mess things up for other people that can dedicate more time to it than me.

also guys if you decide for the collector's edition try to use the 25 percent off coupon and the $10 off $75 coupon. I just used both coupons. I know i lucked up but try it if you can.

A bit off topic, but does anybody know if you can simulate online league games? I've always had this idea to have a league concentrated on management skill as opposed to actual gameplay skill, so I'd want to simulate all games in the league...

I figure we can reserve spots and teams now. If you don't feel I'm classified to run it, someone else can. I just wanted to get it started.I know its a month away, but I figure we can just discuss the game and sport until it comes.

Leave your PSN and the team your choosing. *32 spots are available so hurry!*

Player Team PSN

I'd like to take the Jaguars or Seahawks please. Let me know if im in, please notify me by email address at [email protected] thanks man.

SOiL Jacksonville Jaguars ( SOiL35) EST

[quote name='SOiL']I'd like to take the Jaguars or Seahawks please. Let me know if im in, please notify me by email address at [email protected] thanks man.

SOiL Jacksonville Jaguars ( SOiL35) EST[/quote]

Both have been taken.

[quote name='SOiL']any slots left?[/quote]

i believe the last 2 are
the houston Texans

and the atlanta Falcons.

if i were u id take the Falcons... they got good run game and pass but the texans def is better.

Recent SIgn ups

NFC East
sprintfinanceguy he claimed the giants on post #84
Bhay99 claimed the redskins like three posts above me

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - claimed by Plinko
Atlanta Falcons

NFC West
kill3r7
just cliamed the seahawks

AFC East
Fl32boi claimed the fins on post #88

AFC North
his psn: samurai-Hon
his team: the bengals

AFC South
Houston Texans
js1 claimed the jags on post #92

Heres some help OP

ANY NEW COMERS THE LAST TWO TEAMS ARE

*****HOUSTON TEXANS*****
and
%%%%%%--ATLANTA FALCONS--%%%%%%

UH whoever claimed teams that i quoted... i suggest u PM the OP so he doesnt have to dig through 6 pages to find your PSN and your timezone!!! Lets get this league started before Sunday or Monday!!

I decided on split divisions. 16 games should be good....everybody agree with this?

We can have a vote on difficulty and qtr length. I was hoping to get the league started on Saturday. Gives everybody good time to get the game, and a little practice with it.Cool?

im down, i vote for 4 min quaters and all pro difficulty.

5 mins is too long, i get d/c sometimes so i would be mad if i d/c with 1 min left lol.

[quote name='Furashu']im down, i vote for 4 min quaters and all pro difficulty.

5 mins is too long, i get d/c sometimes so i would be mad if i d/c with 1 min left lol.[/quote]

Co-sign

[quote name='OuTrAgE']A bit off topic, but does anybody know if you can simulate online league games? I've always had this idea to have a league concentrated on management skill as opposed to actual gameplay skill, so I'd want to simulate all games in the league...[/QUOTE]

It's called NFL Head Coach 09

[quote name='HustlerKid']I decided on split divisions. 16 games should be good....everybody agree with this?

We can have a vote on difficulty and qtr length. I was hoping to get the league started on Saturday. Gives everybody good time to get the game, and a little practice with it.Cool?[/quote]

Sounds like the best bet to me, splitting the divisions, that is.

How will the splitting of the leagues work? I would prefer 5 mins qts, but 4 will work. Also do we have to add everyone in the OP?

bread's done
Back