*Madden NFL 09 CAG Online League* (Game Comes Out 8/12)

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']I actually wanna sign up for this league and use the 49ers.
Sorry I am new to online leagues and I don't know the rules you guys have. But if you guys will have me I will use them if people are required to use one team and no fantasy draft or any of those things. I don't know the rules of this league could someone please inform me?

So if you guys add me.

Kenpachiexodia: 49ers EST[/quote]

I was thinking we would have unique teams. As for a fantasy draft we could have a vote on that. Trades and free agency will be allowed of course.

no fantasy draft!!!!!!!!!

1) waste of time, its like 42 rounds
2) waste of time, u have to draft for all 22 positions and their bench players
3) waste of time, if theres a fantasy draft, count me out

[quote name='Furashu']no fantasy draft!!!!!!!!!

1) waste of time, its like 42 rounds
2) waste of time, u have to draft for all 22 positions and their bench players
3) waste of time, if theres a fantasy draft, count me out[/quote]

Strike 4-There's only an autodraft. There is no free agency as well this year.

I played the demo quite a bit. Feels very good except for touch passing-the QB really soars it.

I'd be interested in joining the CAG league. I just got a PS3 and will be definitely picking up the game.

I was going to take the hapless 49ers, but it looks like someone else just beat me to the punch. So I'll go with the Tennesse Titans who look to be open at the moment.

PSN ID: funkydb
Timezone: EST

Thanks! :D

cant wait for this game!

i love football, it felt really weird seeing the Hall of Fame Game,er Football On tv after so long :D

ok everything works for me. just let me know the specifics about game times and everything so i can schedule everything.

(and to be fair to everyone If i know the schedule is undoable for me, i will tell everyone before everything officially kicks off so I don't ruin things for everyone else.)

thank you guys again

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']ok everything works for me. just let me know the specifics about game times and everything so i can schedule everything.

(and to be fair to everyone If i know the schedule is undoable for me, i will tell everyone before everything officially kicks off so I don't ruin things for everyone else.)

thank you guys again[/quote]

It's super simple so you don't have to worry about scheduling other than the start date. When you hop online, you can play ANY of the opponents that you have not yet played until you play them all. There is no linear progression. It makes it so much easier for everybody. Of course, a little coordination might be necessary once you only have a few opponents left.

Right now I'm debating on getting the game. I actually care more about Head Coach than Madden this year.

I canceled my pre-order for Madden CE and switched it over to GoW 2 LE and Left 4 Dead. But I may still pick it up from Wal-Mart on Tuesday. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up so we can have replacement lined up for the Bears if I don't end up getting the game.

was craccin my boy wanna b down....

his psn:monkdubilous
his team:broncos
EST

pleaze update so i can see all the teams on the first page

[quote name='primetime']I don't really see anything in there that we didn't already know. The lack of stat tracking is a bummer though.[/QUOTE]

Not having trades unless you do a draft? maybe I read it wrong though

[quote name='dopehat']Not having trades unless you do a draft? maybe I read it wrong though[/quote]

I thought I saw no trades if you have unique teams off.

[quote name='primetime']I thought I saw no trades if you have unique teams off.[/QUOTE]

See its weird I have watched a video review the review said you could do Free Agency & Trades so who knows I guess we will just wait and find out if someone posts a review soon or just wait for 3 days

[quote name='BasketCase1080']can you trade players / sign free agents?[/QUOTE]

wow, i need to read the post or two above me before ipost from now on... i appologize.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']wow, i need to read the post or two above me before ipost from now on... i appologize.[/QUOTE]

Trades, yes. Dont count on free agency. An old interview said no FA but the review apparently said it was in.

ok imma post the last 9 teams left so people can choose to sign up or not.

NFC East
NY Giants (surprised noone took the superbowl champs yet. lol)
Washington Redskins

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Atlanta Falcons

NFC North
none

NFC West
Seattle Seahawks

AFC East
Miami Dolphins

AFC North
Cincinnati Bengals

AFC South
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West
none

there are some good teams left for whoever else wants to play.

I will update this post once Hustlerkid does.

Sorry if I am stepping on toes. I just wanna help make this fun for everyone

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']ok imma post the last 9 teams left so people can choose to sign up or not.

NFC East
Washington Redskins

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Atlanta Falcons

NFC North
none

NFC West
Seattle Seahawks

AFC East
Miami Dolphins

AFC North
Cincinnati Bengals

AFC South
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West
none

there are some good teams left for whoever else wants to play.

I will update this post once Hustlerkid does.

Sorry if I am stepping on toes. I just wanna help make this fun for everyone[/quote]

Stepping on toes? No way. I really appreciate the help man.

Oh and btw FWIW I don't know if you know this or not but Its not a "Schedule" per say 16 teams if you have 32 teams sign up you have to play all 32 teams.

what happens next? can we start as soon as we get the game? let me know what to expect. i cant believe the raiders are only rated overall with a 71. they improved so much with additions like Hall at CB and walker at WR and mcfadden at RB and wilson at FS. their freakin loaded.

I'm in as the giants if they are still available... KC and Chicago are gone, the giants are the only team left on the list that I can stand. Especially sans Shockey. :)

[quote name='ChrisLemieux']what happens next? can we start as soon as we get the game? let me know what to expect. i cant believe the raiders are only rated overall with a 71. they improved so much with additions like Hall at CB and walker at WR and mcfadden at RB and wilson at FS. their freakin loaded.[/quote]

As soon as the league gets started, we can start playing our games. The overall isn't a big deal, the Raiders should be a good Madden team this year.

Anybody think we should split into NFC/AFC leagues, then maybe have the league champs play each other afterwards? I think that would work a lot better.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']I'm in as the giants if they are still available... KC and Chicago are gone, the giants are the only team left on the list that I can stand. Especially sans Shockey. :)[/quote]

Aww, I just came across this post and was thinking of picking up Madden just for these online leagues this year. Also, something to play with my new PS3 I've only played MGS4 on :p And being a Giants fan (not a bandwagoner!), I was gonna snag 'em ;)

I'll take a gander at the remaining teams, think about whether I'm buying this right away or not, and get back to yas if I decide to pick up another team.

[quote name='Lexxon']Aww, I just came across this post and was thinking of picking up Madden just for these online leagues this year. Also, something to play with my new PS3 I've only played MGS4 on :p And being a Giants fan (not a bandwagoner!), I was gonna snag 'em ;)

I'll take a gander at the remaining teams, think about whether I'm buying this right away or not, and get back to yas if I decide to pick up another team.[/quote]

Sorry man, just using the draft day approach of "best available" :cool:

Anybody think we should split into NFC/AFC leagues, then maybe have the league champs play each other afterwards? I think that would work a lot better.

trillz thats a good idea have afc n nfc seprate or just have a regular league where every1 play no matter wat division they in but have a nfc afc playoff...cuz i dont wanna c 2 afc or nfc teams in the championship afc vs fc like it shuld b

[quote name='FL32BOI']Getting My Ps3 Tommorrow

Psn: Fl32boi

Miami Dolphins[/QUOTE]

Woohoo so I will at least get 1 win :)

Just kidding giving ya shit

If Furashu backs out, I'll take the Chargers. If not, I'll take the the Jags. I'm on EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkKenpachi']ok imma post the last 9 teams left so people can choose to sign up or not.

NFC East
Washington Redskins
[/quote]

The way you wrote this reminded me how sad it is that is sounds like the game doesn't support divisions for online play. It is basically a 32 player tournament is the way I heard it described. Fun, but not really a "league."

I hope the final version proves me wrong.

Dr. SP.

[quote name='tdot3dahardstout']trillz thats a good idea have afc n nfc seprate or just have a regular league where every1 play no matter wat division they in but have a nfc afc playoff...cuz i dont wanna c 2 afc or nfc teams in the championship afc vs fc like it shuld b[/quote]

I like the concept but it sounds like if we move beyond the capabilities built into the game itself then some one has to play "commissioner." Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having an online league if someone has to do the work.

I'd hate to have someone do work beyond just playing the games.

Dr. SP

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']The way you wrote this reminded me how sad it is that is sounds like the game doesn't support divisions for online play. It is basically a 32 player tournament is the way I heard it described. Fun, but not really a "league."

I hope the final version proves me wrong.

Dr. SP.[/QUOTE]

Based off of the link posted a few posts back, I think it's exactly as you describe Dr.SP . I was hoping it was similar to the franchise mode, or at least similar to how NCAA 09 works. Oh well, there is always next year.

So does anyone know how rosters will work for this in terms of which ones we start with. I had assumed the Saints would have Shockey since that trade/signing happened a while back. I'm now hearing the default rosters doesn't have him on the Saints. I assume the first update will though.

How is that handled.

Either way, looking forward to Tuesday! This will be my first NFL game purchase since 2k5 on the Xbox.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']So does anyone know how rosters will work for this in terms of which ones we start with. I had assumed the Saints would have Shockey since that trade/signing happened a while back. I'm now hearing the default rosters doesn't have him on the Saints. I assume the first update will though.

How is that handled.

Either way, looking forward to Tuesday! This will be my first NFL game purchase since 2k5 on the Xbox.[/quote]

Yea there will presumably be a roster update with all the preseason moves available on the first day as well as a patch to fix some minor gameplay issues.

Having an AFC league and an NFC league wouldn't be more of a problem, just 2 different people would have to create a league. I don't think there are any commish activities to do throughout the season anyway. I just think there is a better chance that I, and others, finish a league where you have to play 15 games versus 31 games. I think that makes a lot more sense.

bread's done
Back