Madden NFL 25th Anniversary Edition: $100 w/free year of NFL Sunday Ticket

wasurenai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-Xbox-360/dp/B00AY1CT4U

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
About NFL Sunday Ticket: With NFL Sunday Ticket, fans will be able to enjoy every minute of every NFL game each Sunday afternoon throughout the entire 2013 regular season and get highlights delivered instantly from their computer, tablet, or mobile devices. Fans will also be able to catch every play inside the 20 yard line, all in one channel with DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel.

[quote name='coalminer']I don't know if this has been posted, but to clear up any more confusion, EA's director of marketing explicitly said that there is a unique code in each package which permits access to the online version of Sunday Ticket regardless of whether you're a customer of DirecTV or not.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Strike while the iron is hot. It's red hot right now due to 1.) Out of stock at Amazon and 2.) Football starts this Sunday

There's no way they go any higher... just my opinion.
If it does go higher it'll be right after the games this Sunday or before next week since people will mad they missed the first week and want to make up for it.

I'm VERY tempted to sell mine right now though with a BIN of $200 or something. My first 2year contract is up this week and my service has been crap lately (goes out on and off nearly every day even when it's cloudless) so I have to call them anyway. If I play my cards right I could get Ticket for free even.

Strike while the iron is hot. It's red hot right now due to 1.) Out of stock at Amazon and 2.) Football starts this Sunday

There's no way they go any higher... just my opinion
There's a free weekend that might be better. Usually early in the season, maybe week 1. Then people that are on the fence can see how amazing it is and want to buy it right away.

Just sold mine for $185 haha...damn that was quick maybe I should have pushed it a bit higher.

Just be warned it WILL NOT go up much higher no matter what.  It costs $225 for the actual service on your TV and $300 for the total package (TV and internet).  

Looks like DTV is open 7 days a week so guess it's time to give them a call.  I really didn't expect it to sell for that and certainly not that quick!

Wow, you weren't kidding. Several auctions are up to $175 for just the code. I wish I would have bought 10 copies.
i preorders 5 copies but canceled 4 of them because the codes weren't selling for that much the first week.. i'm hating myself right now.

i preorders 5 copies but canceled 4 of them because the codes weren't selling for that much the first week.. i'm hating myself right now.
Should be like I said just sold mine for $185. Crazy though I screwed up the password and had to talk with THREE different departments AND EA Sports to get the issue fixed. I've basically been on the phone since about 2:45 and just now got it resolved.

their was a loophole where you could watch all games online through gamepass but was fixed last week. i think that's why people are now trying to buy sunday ticket.

I really wanted mine but my dad had heart surgery and won't be working so I just threw mine on Craigslist for $200. I really need the money as it would help but sure hope it sells, wish I had a eBay account

Well this is a nice surprise. They took forever to ship my copy so now I get a bigger profit off the code. I figured the code was worth about $100, so seeing $170+ is just icing on the cake.

I love football too much to sell my code. I've never had access to Sunday Ticket before. Plus I've been scammed on ebay before by people stealing my codes and claiming it didn't work.

does anyone know the direct URL to watch it on my laptop?  It worked before like me but now i'm in an infinite look of "watch now" and sign in.

Works fine on my iphone though.  

This thing is fucking trainwreck on pc, I DL the iPad app and was watching in under a minute... PC still cant figure out..........

EDIT: ^ glad its not just me

edit 2:

i went to the watch tv live thing and it made me enter my zip code......  couldn't get to nfl games though. Logged COMPLETELY OUT and logged back in like on card and it loaded directly to NFL Ticket.

This is infuriating.  Gee you sell a ton of Sunday Ticket codes... maybe we should make sure we have server capacity on Sunday.  If this is supposed to make people want to sign up to DirectTV, this isn't the way to do it since I now have no intent of ever giving them any money in the future.

man i really dont want to sell code on ebay if only someone on here was buying

well if you sellers want a quick and easy flip i could undercut ebay values 

I called DirectTV when the service crashed on my pc and the prompt came up. The customer service rep said the issue was that too many people signed on at once and crashed their server. I immediately turned on my tablet and was able to log on with no problem. I guess they have different servers for pc and the phone/tablet app? Anyway, I would suggest going that route if anyone runs into problems again on the pc side. I have to admit that the problems today, as well as the prices on ebay, have made me think of selling my code......but I am keeping it. I have never had the Sunday ticket and it has been a blast watching football today!

I thought I'd really want it, but the Steelers are gonna suck this year and I have Xfinity, so I already have RedZone... I figure I'll buy some music stuff with my money.

Listed mine for $250 just for shits and giggle and it sold in 90  minutes. Was looking at other listings and another $250 listing sold within 10 minutes after mine.

Funny thing was, I listed it b/c I told myself that if it sells for $250+, I don't mind parting with it. But now that it's sold, I have sellers remorse. 

Just FYI the iPad app doesn't work with airplay and apple TV. Apparently it worked last season. Pretty disappointing but I can just run my computer to my TV with HDMI so not a huge issue.

Listed mine for $250 just for shits and giggle and it sold in 90 minutes. Was looking at other listings and another $250 listing sold within 10 minutes after mine.

Funny thing was, I listed it b/c I told myself that if it sells for $250+, I don't mind parting with it. But now that it's sold, I have sellers remorse.
Damn... I thought I was doing so good dropping it for $175. I should have been paying more attention. Congrats!

I'm OK with it because we get a lot of Steelers game on the AFC channel since the Redskins are my local team and they're NFC. I probably get to watch 10 or so Steelers games during the year.

I've never sold on eBay, but I see that people are e-mailing the code to people. Isn't that against eBay's rules? What if the buyer says it doesn't work and demands a refund? Will PayPal side with them? How did you guys sell it?

Here's a tip on selling on eBay.  The second lowest price has very good chance of selling anyways.  The lowest price always goes so if you price something by $30 less just to be the lowest price, you're essentially giving a $30 discount to the buyer.  Once the lowest price goes your sale will go soon after.  It's simple supply and demand.  This code isn't being resupplied so it's not like you have competitive sellers anxious to sell it off quickly and lower the price against themselves. 

Nobody is telling you to hold onto your code for a long time but patience goes a long way.  I've made a much higher profit margin selling items here and there than other sellers who are quick to make their $5.  Better to be efficient with your sales than to be too fast.

What tablet did you use? Anyone try on smartphone? Thanks CAGs.
I used the Sunday Ticket app on my HP Touchpad running android. I also watched it later on my android droid x. Both workd fine with no issue at all. Watched my Saints get their win (barely) against the Falcons. Very happy to keep my Sundsy Ticket, it is going for high prices for a very good reason..............GREAT FOOTBALL GAMES!! :bow:

I've never sold on eBay, but I see that people are e-mailing the code to people. Isn't that against eBay's rules? What if the buyer says it doesn't work and demands a refund? Will PayPal side with them? How did you guys sell it?
If that happens, you're screwed.

I offered regular shipping in an envelope. I stated in the auction that, due to the type of goods, refunds would NOT be given. I then, after it was paid for, sent the buyer an email and said "I want to confirm with you that you would like the code to come digitally. Please let me know.". Once he confirmed, I sent the code. I figure if the buyer agrees 3 times AND explicitly states that he wants the code via email, I'm in the clear. My buyer requested the flyer be sent, too - so I'll send that out with delivery confirmation tomorrow. I figure the more ways I can CYA, the better.

If that happens, you're screwed.
:(

I offered regular shipping in an envelope. I stated in the auction that, due to the type of goods, refunds would NOT be given. I then, after it was paid for, sent the buyer an email and said "I want to confirm with you that you would like the code to come digitally. Please let me know.". Once he confirmed, I sent the code. I figure if the buyer agrees 3 times AND explicitly states that he wants the code via email, I'm in the clear. My buyer requested the flyer be sent, too - so I'll send that out with delivery confirmation tomorrow. I figure the more ways I can CYA, the better.
Lessens the chances of the buyer being a scammer, I guess.

Unfortunately, they could still say the code didn't work and ask for a refund, and Paypal/ebay will almost always side with the buyer so it would likely work. And since they say that digital codes are not to be sold on ebay (not that they would ever want those sales to stop and lose them money) they can just dismiss your complaints.

A couple months back someone made a thread about selling a digital code on ebay, and the buyer was running that scam on multiple sellers and was largely successful. After weeks of back and forth with Paypal the poster here was able to convince them that it was an obvious scam (10+ transactions where the buyer wants refunds from different sellers) and in the end they got their money, but it was Paypal footing the bill and the buyer getting free items.

Seller beware. And obviously this is a major pitfall of selling anything on ebay, but with redeemable codes you lose the protection of at least getting your item returned after a refund.

congrats to you guys getting 200 plus i cant even get a bite at 150 

also quality was quite solid for what i watched of it (i have stupid fast internet and a high end laptop so not sure how much was the actual quality and how much was that)

Unfortunately, they could still say the code didn't work and ask for a refund, and Paypal/ebay will almost always side with the buyer so it would likely work. And since they say that digital codes are not to be sold on ebay (not that they would ever want those sales to stop and lose them money) they can just dismiss your complaints.

A couple months back someone made a thread about selling a digital code on ebay, and the buyer was running that scam on multiple sellers and was largely successful. After weeks of back and forth with Paypal the poster here was able to convince them that it was an obvious scam (10+ transactions where the buyer wants refunds from different sellers) and in the end they got their money, but it was Paypal footing the bill and the buyer getting free items.

Seller beware. And obviously this is a major pitfall of selling anything on ebay, but with redeemable codes you lose the protection of at least getting your item returned after a refund.
I had a problem selling a code for something in the past. The guy bought from me several times within a month with all positive feedback, but one of them had the charge disputed on Paypal. I lost the money and code even though he still left positive feedback. They really need to add more seller protection.

congrats to you guys getting 200 plus i cant even get a bite at 150

also quality was quite solid for what i watched of it (i have stupid fast internet and a high end laptop so not sure how much was the actual quality and how much was that)
sold mine yesterday for $220 within 90 mins. If your feedback is low then that might be why you are having trouble.

Tip --  list the item as a 'local pickup only'

Very hard for a scammer to claim they walked to your house (however many miles away) and picked up the product and that you scammed them.  

I don't get why, when someone like Microsoft doesn't deliver the points codes (from a few months ago when they had the $10 off codes and we all bought dozens of MS Points), and the buyer uses paypal and makes a dispute, paypal will tell the user they can't and won't do anything, yet when a ebay buyer pulls the "code doesn't work" scam, paypal will side with them. 

Anyone else finding the quality looks terrible on higher resolution displays? Things looked fine on my razr m but when i tried it on my desktop it was just terrible. There are better quality streams from vipbox and other sites, pretty disappointed. Are prices still going high on ebay, cuz I think i'm ready to sell.

Holy crap congrats to the higher sellers...but wow whoever bought those must not be all that smart.  It's $225 for the basic TV package from DTV themselves so unless there's no way they can get DTV.  But still, way too much to pay even if you can't get DTV since it's NOT the Max (max technically includes TV as well) and it's not the TV package either so really I'd say it's "worth" less than either.  

over 14k feedback so that isnt it
I honestly kind of feel like the people selling for a lot higher aren't really going out of their way to make clear what this is...maybe not though. I originally had mine for $200 with 100% feedback and it wasn't selling so I dropped it a bit.

Anyone else finding the quality looks terrible on higher resolution displays? Things looked fine on my razr m but when i tried it on my desktop it was just terrible. There are better quality streams from vipbox and other sites, pretty disappointed. Are prices still going high on ebay, cuz I think i'm ready to sell.
Probably because it's really made for tablets and phones. The idea is to use it WITH regular Ticket on your TV, not so much as it's own service.

Holy crap congrats to the higher sellers...but wow whoever bought those must not be all that smart. It's $225 for the basic TV package from DTV themselves so unless there's no way they can get DTV. But still, way too much to pay even if you can't get DTV since it's NOT the Max (max technically includes TV as well) and it's not the TV package either so really I'd say it's "worth" less than either.
Except for the fact that to get it for $225, you have to use Directv... A lot of people would just like to see the games, but stick with their current provider. If you have basic cable and are happy with it, just having Sunday Ticket may be "worth" it over paying every month for some inflated DTV package. Just sayin'

i sold my personal one for $220 on sunday morning.. I figured i'd rather take the $220 than be able to watch a couple out of area games. There was a ton of demand on sunday I got atleast 8 messages from buyers asking about it before someone bought it.. With that much demand i'm sort of mad I didn't list it for more. (I did $220 based on the $225 price point in this thread but I guess that was wrong)

not sure what the price will be next week but I can guarantee there will be a huge demand right before kickoff from people desperately trying to get a code to watch their games at the last minute

bread's done
Back