Mafia 2 Collectors Edition (360) $36 @ Amazon

brewin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NG1LPQ/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Got one for myself as I have been waiting for a drop and almost snagged the reg. edition for $30 a few weeks back. Glad I waited. Looks like a good deal as the packaging looks sweet and is STEELBOOK! I am a steelbook case junkie so this works for me! I know some of you cheapasses will dig this and I didnt see it posted anywhere so I figured I'd share. Peace!

EDIT: Some used sellers have it for $29.99 but not sure if the used will come with the DLC codes and all that jazz intact. I gladly paid the extra $6 for a new copy, but the $30 one may interest some.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Dayum!

I should have bought Donkey Kong Country Returns instead of this game! Well... I hope the DKC deal is still alive by tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Not to get too off-topic but I didn't like reading that you couldn't switch between the kongs and you stay as Donkey Kong the entire time. I always enjoyed switching between them and interchanging their advantages and such.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Not to get too off-topic but I didn't like reading that you couldn't switch between the kongs and you stay as Donkey Kong the entire time. I always enjoyed switching between them and interchanging their advantages and such.[/QUOTE]

You just made my excitement for that game drop by about 60% :cry:

[quote name='Mixer236']You just made my excitement for that game drop by about 60% :cry:[/QUOTE]

I look silly have just deleted my comment but yeh, I was excited for this game even though I got rid of my Wii. But when I read that I was like what?. I guess Donkey Kong just uses Diddy to assist him along in the levels but you never actually control him.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Dayum!

I should have bought Donkey Kong Country Returns instead of this game! Well... I hope the DKC deal is still alive by tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
lol, you must think of these forums as your personal twitter. Had to post this on both threads.

[quote name='Stele']lol, you must think of these forums as your personal twitter. Had to post this on both threads.[/QUOTE]

Nah... check the comments. They are slightly different...

=p

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Will they refund me the dollar? I ordered a few hours ago...[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but what will you do when it drops another $1 tomorrow? :lol:

My bad dudes, looks like I was wrong about the buck drop. Amazon just keeps dumping me to an independent new seller's page for $33.55 + FS, but the actual Amazon + FSSS deal is still $34.24.

Wow... I ordered it yesterday at 4:00 p.m. (Central Time) and the package is in my city now...

I love Amazon... and I love Prime!

e4sNG.png

I enjoyed the game very much. Great atmosphere and time period. Story was kind of short, but if you wanted to grind out all the achievements (including tracking down all the wanted posters) you can get 10-15 hours out of it. Still picking up the CE at this price to add it to the collection. The DLC is also on sale now but I haven't heard great things, but it has to be better than that unboxing video, right? :lol:

This was a cool game, but too bad the DLCs suck. I feel like the devs really just don't care about it anymore.

[quote name='cartagena07']its gone down to 33.38

i dont know if i can keep waiting[/QUOTE]

Just drop to 29.99 already so I can buy the DLC too while it's still 50% off! ;)

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK'] The DLC is also on sale now but I haven't heard great things, but it has to be better than that unboxing video, right? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've heard Joe's Adventure is better DLC than Jimmy's Vendetta.

Anyone whose played them care to comment ?

Dang it, it dropped again... and I thought it was going to go up.

Side note, I wonder when they'll start dropping the Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition? It appears that they have more than 999 in stock, so I would assume it's only a matter of time...

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Just drop to 29.99 already so I can buy the DLC too while it's still 50% off! ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha yes, hold strong my CAG brother!

PS3 version still high? I guess we are already seeing ps3 games going up in value because people know the ps3 versions will still be being played years down the road when the 360 is extinct. I can't find a deal on it anywhere.

[quote name='ps2emotions']PS3 version still high? I guess we are already seeing ps3 games going up in value because people know the ps3 versions will still be being played years down the road when the 360 is extinct. I can't find a deal on it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

This thread too? Trolls roll hard.

[quote name='ps2emotions']PS3 version still high? I guess we are already seeing ps3 games going up in value because people know the ps3 versions will still be being played years down the road when the 360 is extinct. I can't find a deal on it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Lol! Dude are you serious?!? That is the most stupid reason I have ever heard. Playstation fan boys at their worse...

[quote name='Vap']Lol! Dude are you serious?!? That is the most stupid reason I have ever heard. Playstation fan boys at their worse...[/QUOTE]

He has been saying the same in other threads... successful troll is successful...

[quote name='Vap']Lol! Dude are you serious?!? That is the most stupid reason I have ever heard. Playstation fan boys at their worse...[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fanboy nor am I a troll. I own all consoles and I just call them as I see them. I'm ok acknowledging that all my 360 games have depreciated in value while most of my wii and ps3 games have gone up in value but hey I knew this would be the case. Same with my original xbox so it's a repeat but don't get sore at me and start name calling just because I speak the truth.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I'm not a fanboy nor am I a troll. I own all consoles and I just call them as I see them. I'm ok acknowledging that all my 360 games have depreciated in value while most of my wii and ps3 games have gone up in value but hey I knew this would be the case. Same with my original xbox so it's a repeat but don't get sore at me and start name calling just because I speak the truth.[/QUOTE]

But there are more Wii games than any other system out there. There are only a select few that are rare and the only reason the first-party releases haven't depreciated is because Nintendo has greedily denied us of a Players' Choice line this gen.

[quote name='Mixer236']But there are more Wii games than any other system out there. There are only a select few that are rare and the only reason the first-party releases haven't depreciated is because Nintendo has greedily denied us of a Players' Choice line this gen.[/QUOTE]

You speak the truth on the wii, but what about ps3? Compare a game like uncharted and uncharted 2 to halo 3 and gears 2. Until recently uncharted was still selling for $50. Demand determines value and supply and nintendo don't have to lower the price of their games because they keep selling at full price. Playstation holds up well as well, Xbox games, even the few biggest hits they have can be had dirt cheap and the same version of multiplatform games brings more on the ps3 version in almost every single case. Xbox 360 is soon to be on the decline. Don't get me wrong, I love the 360 as much as my other systems (even on my 4th unit due to 3RROD so if that is not dedication I don't know what is) but fact is microsoft will drop that puppy so fast your head will spin soon as they see the $$$ from a future system and leave the 360 behind. Kind of like they did with the original xbox but on a larger scale this time. PS3 games will be coming down the pipeline I'd say for a good 7-8 more years and I mean quality games. Xbox 360 has what coming out big right now exclusive, gears 3, so I see microsoft must already be thinking about next xbox.

[quote name='ps2emotions']You speak the truth on the wii, but what about ps3? Compare a game like uncharted and uncharted 2 to halo 3 and gears 2. Until recently uncharted was still selling for $50. Demand determines value and supply and nintendo don't have to lower the price of their games because they keep selling at full price. Playstation holds up well as well, Xbox games, even the few biggest hits they have can be had dirt cheap and the same version of multiplatform games brings more on the ps3 version in almost every single case. Xbox 360 is soon to be on the decline. Don't get me wrong, I love the 360 as much as my other systems (even on my 4th unit due to 3RROD so if that is not dedication I don't know what is) but fact is microsoft will drop that puppy so fast your head will spin soon as they see the $$$ from a future system and leave the 360 behind. Kind of like they did with the original xbox but on a larger scale this time. PS3 games will be coming down the pipeline I'd say for a good 7-8 more years and I mean quality games. Xbox 360 has what coming out big right now exclusive, gears 3, so I see microsoft must already be thinking about next xbox.[/QUOTE]

How about you all go to a different forum to discuss your whole PS3 vs 360 vs Wii nonsense instead of continuing to get my hopes up in this post. Everytime I see this post at the top, I scurry to see if Amazon has dropped the price back down.

[quote name='ps2emotions']You speak the truth on the wii, but what about ps3? Compare a game like uncharted and uncharted 2 to halo 3 and gears 2. Until recently uncharted was still selling for $50. Demand determines value and supply and nintendo don't have to lower the price of their games because they keep selling at full price. Playstation holds up well as well, Xbox games, even the few biggest hits they have can be had dirt cheap and the same version of multiplatform games brings more on the ps3 version in almost every single case. Xbox 360 is soon to be on the decline. Don't get me wrong, I love the 360 as much as my other systems (even on my 4th unit due to 3RROD so if that is not dedication I don't know what is) but fact is microsoft will drop that puppy so fast your head will spin soon as they see the $$$ from a future system and leave the 360 behind. Kind of like they did with the original xbox but on a larger scale this time. PS3 games will be coming down the pipeline I'd say for a good 7-8 more years and I mean quality games. Xbox 360 has what coming out big right now exclusive, gears 3, so I see microsoft must already be thinking about next xbox.[/QUOTE]

Sheesh, take this jabber elsewhere! This thread's about the Mafia 2 CE for 360 deal a bunch of us CAGs now waited too long for, not about your 360 doubt and dislike. You may apparently not think you're trolling, but you are.

BTW sharpeone, sorry if my bump got your hopes up but I just had to back you up. Back OT, I hope the regular edition gets a drop soon as I don't really need the CE stuff...

You've got to love being a CAG. We spend money like it's water, though we do so saving $5/$10/$15 or more at a time. Sometimes, however, we save money because of this site too. Had this game dropped just $3 bucks, they'd have $30 of my money. Because it didn't, I saved it and more so. I'll just put it towards the next deal is all ;)!

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']damn waited too long, had it in my cart since this thread started but couldn't pull the trigger, oh well[/QUOTE]

Same here, and have been following the price drops every day. I'm confident it drops yet again to the $30-$35 range (it dropped from $45.58 to $44.44 as I write this).

When it does, I'll buy (probably have buyers' remorse too once it drops below $30). :roll:

bread's done
Back