Magazine's Deal Thread (Now under new management.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 6 issue subscription to "Official PlayStation Magazine" ended last month, bummer. But to my surprise a few days a ago I received the newest OPM, it seems that my second sign-up through VU games worked. :D Now I'm getting another 6 issues/disc for free. Thanks for the person who posted the VU links.

If you sign up under two different offers for the same mag, will you get 2 years? I just signed up for FHM again using the new link. Just curious

[quote name='dts5000']My 6 issue subscription to "Official PlayStation Magazine" ended last month, bummer. But to my surprise a few days a ago I received the newest OPM, it seems that my second sign-up through VU games worked. :D Now I'm getting another 6 issues/disc for free. Thanks for the person who posted the VU links.[/QUOTE]

same here, mine ends february 06. 6 months from now. seems like signing up multiple times works after all! burnout revenge and shadow of the colossus demo next month!! :bouncy:

how long does it usually take for the opm subscription to finally kick in? i signed up for it about 6-8 weeks ago, but still haven't got a single issue. any ideas?

How exactly do you get OPM? Do I have to register a game or what? The link pops up as Bard's Tale and I have no clue what I'm doing.

[quote name='tayaf69']How exactly do you get OPM? Do I have to register a game or what? The link pops up as Bard's Tale and I have no clue what I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

It couldn't be any easier, how can you have no clue?:D Simply fill out the form, check the box next to the question " Please send me my free subscription...", click "SUBMIT" and you're done. You're suppose to have the game, but since they don't require proof, any bastard can signup.

Even though the form states that they will send an email confirmation requireing a response to activate the sub, I don't remember ever getting one. But the magazines came anyways, both the original sub and the renewal.

[quote name='Ben Stein']It couldn't be any easier, how can you have no clue?:D Simply fill out the form, check the box next to the question " Please send me my free subscription...", click "SUBMIT" and you're done. You're suppose to have the game, but since they don't require proof, any bastard can signup.

Even though the form states that they will send an email confirmation requireing a response to activate the sub, I don't remember ever getting one. But the magazines came anyways, both the original sub and the renewal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never received a confirmation either but I still got the magazine.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']how long does it usually take for the opm subscription to finally kick in? i signed up for it about 6-8 weeks ago, but still haven't got a single issue. any ideas?[/QUOTE]

It took me about 4 months to get my first issue. So I guess its just random.

I didn't sign up for Maxim and still got it. So the "crap" you get is actually Maxim.

And I haven't gotten any other magazines that I signed up for besides OPM and HCG.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Signed up. Thanks! :)[/QUOTE]
Is that garunteed to work, because its going to be a very funny practical joke if it does...reason being that I just signed up my friend, who just so happens to have the toughest catholic parents this side of the mississippi

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Is that garunteed to work, because its going to be a very funny practical joke if it does...reason being that I just signed up my friend, who just so happens to have the toughest catholic parents this side of the mississippi[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's guaranteed, but on estimation, 98% of the subs I've signed up for are good.

If this works, keep me updated with what happens. :lol:

I got Computer Gaming World Magazine in the mail today, from signing up in this thread. Now i can look at the great new games my video card cant run!

BTW the new BF2 expansion looks AWESOME!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: I'll be glad just to play the full Xbox version.:bouncy:

A couple weeks ago I got the last 3 months of Maxim in the mail all on the same day. All my subs are starting to come in. My assumed name is happy! :D

I finally recieved computer gaming world after using a VU link in June. Never got the confirmation email they said they would send. Glad to see the VU links actually work as I've tried with EGM and OPM many, many times with no luck. And i wanted those more than CGW heh.

Wow, i think 6669 might be dead. i havent had a mag post from her in a while. Hope she's okay. I'll update completly again tommorrow. i think every 2 weeks should suffice. What do you guys think, I'm i updating enough?

[quote name='abcme']Anybody know how to get the tokyopop thing?

cuz I made an account, nothing came.[/QUOTE]

It took me two months to get mine. It was the summer issue, so I don't think it's a monthly mag. Besides, most of the manga it features caters to girls.

[quote name='whitereflection']It took me two months to get mine. It was the summer issue, so I don't think it's a monthly mag. Besides, most of the manga it features caters to girls.[/QUOTE]

bleh, so they're like boring fake, love fantasies crap?

or something else?

wth, I didn't get my issue of EGM, or not yet at least...

instead, I got a Computer Gaming magazine... me no likey =(

Yeah man i signed up for my EGM sub waaaaaay back in late may/early june and FINALLY got it today! Hell yeah this kicks ass! I had got it for 2 years and didn't resubscribe last Febuary. Now I got it untill September 06!

I signed up for OPM because my first six months were running out. I just got an issue of EGM which I don't remember signing up for, and no OPM in sight. Do they ever send EGM instead of OPM? I noticed they're from the same publisher. I don't mind a free magazine but I wanted the demos. Has this happened to anyone else?

I got FHM and Hardcore Gamer Magazine today, along with a Men's Fitness that was addressed to someone who lives 2 blocks down from me (I don't subscribe to Men's Fitness). Guess the mailman thought it was mine since I get so many magazines and put it with the others. Gonna give it to the rightful owner on my way to work.

Other magazines I received this week:

EGM
Stuff
TV Guide
Forbes

I'm pretty sure I hold the record for most magazine subscriptions on my street. :lol:

[quote name='thisiswack']I signed up for OPM because my first six months were running out. I just got an issue of EGM which I don't remember signing up for, and no OPM in sight. Do they ever send EGM instead of OPM? I noticed they're from the same publisher. I don't mind a free magazine but I wanted the demos. Has this happened to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

1. this has never happened to me...although i believe the opm takes several weeks to kick in. maybe you got an extra year from egm by mistake and opm is pending?

2. another egm link for those who want it on slickdeals....it DOES work, i got e-mail confirmation. just had to convert from digital to print in my customer account.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/t133355.html?&page=1&pp=15

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back