Man, what a douchebag! (MAJOR UPDATE)

XxFuRy2Xx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
There is a local computer shop near my home, and I took my MP3 player to them to see if they could fix it. The audio was sketchy and I had to hold down the headphone jack to hear it clearly. The owner said that they could, so I left it there for them, explaining exactly what was wrong with the MP3 player. He said they could definitely fix it. He tells me it is going to cost $65, I said fine, as long as it is fixed I am going to be happy. A month later it is finally "fixed," I go and pay him and he hands over the player. I start to play and notice it is in the same exact shape as when I brought it to him. After some arguing he decides he is going to "fix" it again. Flash forward to yesterday (2 months later, these guys take way too long), I go in because he says it is "fixed." I have to end up taking the player home because the battery dead, after some charging I begin to listen to some music and find out it STILL has the same problem. I go back and we have a big argument, he had some customers around and finally said, "ok, come back tomorrow and I'll give you a check for your money." I said ok. I go in today, and he begins by saying, "you know what? I'm not going to give you a refund." In a nice cocky voice too. I said, "why not? You already promised yesterday." He then responded with, "Whatever, I'll see you in court." I said, "OK, I will and I'm going to make your life hard." I was walking out and he says he is tired of me being a "smart ass." I never said anything remotely considered, "smart ass" and I was sure to be as polite as possible throughout this entire ordeal. All this guy has done is treat me like a child and an idiot by talking down to me, I really can't stand him. This has pretty much ruined my day, and probably the rest of the week. Especially with all of the wasted gas from having to go back and forth from my home to his business, and now waste more time and gas by taking his ass to court.

I have his e-mail from his business card and was wondering if I could input it somewhere so that he gets so much spam that his tiny brain explodes.

**************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE

I called the regional director for the central florida are and found out he has multiple complaints filed against him from previous customers. The regional director talked to him about the situation and called me up later telling me that if it were him, he wouldn't leave the situation the way it is and give me a refund or fix the MP3 player. He then sent my case to some higher-ups in Atlanta who were supposed to call me back, but they never did. So, it got me nowhere. I am ultimately pissed that this douche has the history of screwing customers, yet I still wasn't able to get a refund or my MP3 player fixed.

So I am deciding to take things into my own hands. I was planning on posting all of the information on his business card as well as the information for the national office of these computer repair shops here and then having this thread promoted to the front page on digg, letting people call him/them or e-mail him/them letting him know how much their business practices suck. I was just wondering two things: 1. Will I get in trouble for posting the info on his business card? and 2. Will you guys here at CAG help me get this story promoted to the front page of digg? I would have done this sooner, but I have had to move multiple times. I just don't want this douche getting off scot free.

No, I paid friggin' cash. I don't even think the guy accepts credit cards, probably for situations like this. He is part of a franchise, so I am gonna call the local representative and see if I can get a refund through them first. Much easier than having to drag his ass to court.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']No, I paid friggin' cash. I don't even think the guy accepts credit cards, probably for situations like this. He is part of a franchise, so I am gonna call the local representative and see if I can get a refund through them first. Much easier than having to drag his ass to court.[/quote]
Well for $65 chances are they'll just give it to you, good luck.

What mp3 player is it? Since I'm guessing the warranty is expired anyway you can pop that sucker open and see if it's something you can just solder back into place. Since you have to hold down the headphone jack I'm thinking there might just be a bad connection in there, but I could be wrong (I'm no electronics genius, I just like to take things apart...).

[quote name='Maklershed']Perhaps you could go back in the shop with a hidden audio device and ask for your money back and see what he says.[/quote]

Makes me think of that legendary bad videogames site from years back. It's a really good thing that business is part of a franchise, that will help you out. Good luck with this Fury.

[quote name='Trakan']There's always a Karen of the group, and she's ALWAYS a bag of douche.[/quote]

and if you don't know what he's talking about, YOU'RE that person!

It's an iRiver iHP-120. Thanks for wishing me luck. Gonna call up the local representative tomorrow, and I'll even try calling the national representative if I have to.

Write up ur story on some paper add some made up ones to go along with it have them all listed and put 'bad buisness reasons not to shop at _____' and copy it about 50 times and litter the street infront of the store with them.

Then go back a few days later and say 'hi id like my refund now' I bet his mind would change.

You could also report, and/or threaten to report, him to the better business bureau. That sometimes is a good way to get a businesses attention.

Go late at night/early morning and throw a brick throw his windows.

You'll feel better and is should cost him more than $65 to fix.

man I just love it when these small places claim they can fix anything complex yet they can't do quat. Sorry about the mess..hope everything works out.

Sent you the PM russ.

I don't want to take him to small claims because I would waste a ton of gas and time. Not only that, but I have absolutely no desire to see this asshole in the near future. In fact, I never want to see him for the rest of my life.

If I can only get his voicemail and e-mail inbox flooded with random messages, I will be happy. I just want to know if I will somehow get in trouble for posting the info on his business card on the internet.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Sent you the PM russ.

I don't want to take him to small claims because I would waste a ton of gas and time. Not only that, but I have absolutely no desire to see this asshole in the near future. In fact, I never want to see him for the rest of my life.

If I can only get his voicemail and e-mail inbox flooded with random messages, I will be happy. I just want to know if I will somehow get in trouble for posting the info on his business card on the internet.[/QUOTE]
just post it

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Sent you the PM russ.

If I can only get his voicemail and e-mail inbox flooded with random messages, I will be happy. I just want to know if I will somehow get in trouble for posting the info on his business card on the internet.[/quote]

There could be some grounds for him coming after you for harrassment if things really got out of control...which they might... Personally, I wouldn't bother with Small Claims for less than $100, as you said gas and time is worth something. Really puts you in a tough spot.

I guess I was no help. :)

Very true dark-star. I guess I'll just bite my lip on this one and let it slide. I can only hope that karma somehow comes back to bite this douche in the butt, cause he is a pretty lame human being.

bread's done
Back