March Best Buy @Gamer Coupons: $5 DBZ Kinect, $8 AC:R 360, $20 Doom 3, TTT2, & ZOE HD

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Magazine is going digital this issue, but for whatever reason, the coupons are still available in store. It's in a brochure showing a preview of the magazine and talking about RZ Unlocked. There's also no UPC on it outside of the Unlocked sign-up UPC so it could actually be free. I'll try to get pictures up later.

Anyway, the coupons. Valid from 3/3 - 4/6:

$25 off Battlefield 3 (Standard) (PS3 & 360) - $15 AC
$25 off Dragon Ball Z Kinect (360) - $5 AC
$22 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360) - $8 AC
$20 off Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$10 off Zone Of The Enders HD Collection (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Pre-Owned (PS3 & 360) - $10 AC
$40 off Turtle Beach Ear Force DX12 - $80 AC

EDIT: An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

EDIT 2: Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drclaw411']Okay so it seems the brochure does exist and you don't need to pay for the subscription to use the coupons. The brochure was sitting right where they normally sold the @gamer magazines. I picked one up, tore out the dbz coupon, and went to the register. She scanned the game, my reward zone card, and the coupon and it rang up for the sale price.

I'm not considering subscribing anyway though, because apparently the new issue has a feature about Game and Wario, which I'd like to read.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:|

[quote name='Drclaw411']Okay so it seems the brochure does exist and you don't need to pay for the subscription to use the coupons. The brochure was sitting right where they normally sold the @gamer magazines. I picked one up, tore out the dbz coupon, and went to the register. She scanned the game, my reward zone card, and the coupon and it rang up for the sale price.

I'm not considering subscribing anyway though, because apparently the new issue has a feature about Game and Wario, which I'd like to read.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the confirmation. Unless TTT2 & ZOE HD drop low, the coupons are worthless.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Wut[/QUOTE]

You took coupons that weren't yours. They aren't just free to anyone. They are for people who pay the 14.99 membership fee.

[quote name='Deader2818']You took coupons that weren't yours. They aren't just free to anyone. They are for people who pay the 14.99 membership fee.[/QUOTE]

i have the membership. so i can just go up there and ask if i can pick one up? i still didnt get the magazine yet.

[quote name='trunks982']i have the membership. so i can just go up there and ask if i can pick one up? i still didnt get the magazine yet.[/QUOTE]

Then you'd get twice the coupons when you do get the magazine.

[quote name='Deader2818']You took coupons that weren't yours. They aren't just free to anyone. They are for people who pay the 14.99 membership fee.[/QUOTE]

...they were literally right where the magazines normally are. And they were next to free ps3 demo discs. And an employee was stocking right in front of them. I actually said excuse me to go around him to grab the brochure. Not sure what you're getting this from.

[quote name='Drclaw411']...they were literally right where the magazines normally are. And they were next to free ps3 demo discs. And an employee was stocking right in front of them. I actually said excuse me to go around him to grab the brochure. Not sure what you're getting this from.[/QUOTE]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...rt/pcmcat271300050001.c?id=pcmcat271300050001

Get at least $100/issue in valuable coupons with your subscription of @Gamer magazine
Those coupons are for subscribing to the unlocked membership or paying $5 for the magazine. Employee was probably clueless that the brochure was not free for taking, wouldn't blame him since this is the first time they are in-store.

[quote name='jdirtybird32']I have to renew my membership, but I do not have a way to print off the coupons if it's all digital.[/QUOTE]

The digital coupons don't need to be printed out to use. My BB rep just looked at my phone and entered the unique numbers under the barcode and the discount applied just fine.

[quote name='htz']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...rt/pcmcat271300050001.c?id=pcmcat271300050001

Those coupons are for subscribing to the unlocked membership or paying $5 for the magazine. Employee was probably clueless that the brochure was not free for taking, wouldn't blame him since this is the first time they are in-store.[/QUOTE]

Well you all had me worried so I called the store. The manager simply said "they're out on the floor, they're free for customers as far as I know. They're a sampler to advertise the magazine."

So who knows what's going on. He sounded confused when I told him I used the coupon then read online that I maybe was supposed to pay for it.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Well you all had me worried do I called the store. The manager simply said "they're out on the floor, they're free for customers as far as I know. They're a sampler to advertise the magazine."

So who knows what's going on. He sounded confused when I told him I used the coupon then read online that I maybe was supposed to pay for it.[/QUOTE]
http://www.atgamermagazine.com/video.php?video_id=2191292530001
^Go to 1:30 in the video, the brochure you took is called the enrollment pack. Just like the guy in the video said.... "And the enrollment pack coupons can be used in the store right after you sign up for unlocked."

I wouldn't worry about it, if this is your first time and it was unintentional.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Well you all had me worried so I called the store. The manager simply said "they're out on the floor, they're free for customers as far as I know. They're a sampler to advertise the magazine."

So who knows what's going on. He sounded confused when I told him I used the coupon then read online that I maybe was supposed to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Its all a master plan on killing Gamestop/Amazon with the amount of shit DBZ Kinect games that will be flooded into with the "free" $25 coupon for DBZ.

[quote name='joshnorm']Its all a master plan on killing Gamestop/Amazon with the amount of shit DBZ Kinect games that will be flooded into with the "free" $25 coupon for DBZ.[/QUOTE]

it's GENIOUS!

Still haven't gotten an email yet. I signed up on the first of the year and I've gotten my welcome package. I thought this was supposed to be my first issue.

[quote name='trollape74']Still haven't gotten an email yet. I signed up on the first of the year and I've gotten my welcome package. I thought this was supposed to be my first issue.[/QUOTE]

First two issues are usually handed to you in store. Bring receipt in and get the brochure for coupons.

Also check your status by contacting @gamer via email.

[quote name='VideoGameCollector17']Would you care on helping a fellow CAG who will be using them :p?[/QUOTE]

Lemme know if it doesn't work out cuz I'm not gonna use mine either.

Got my magazine today and picked up a copy of DBZ after my trade-in.

Rather just buy a physical magazine during the month the coupons are good. I've done that a couple times with the same issue. Especially with online multiplayer games. Haven't bought an issue in about a year though.

[quote name='strait edge follower']after i flip dbz i doubt im going to use the coupons. my sony store has copys of doom for 10$ so if i want it ill just go there making my coupon useless[/QUOTE]

yeah, but you have to use real cash to purchase from sony store. At bestbuy, you can just use your "credit" to purchase it.

[quote name='YBX87']yeah, but you have to use real cash to purchase from sony store. At bestbuy, you can just use your "credit" to purchase it.[/QUOTE]

very true my friend however with the way these coupons have been the last few months i doubt that we will see a sales stack to use the doom 4 coupon which sucks. at keast with the sony store its 10$ off the bat. a few months back i would have totally agreed with you though but the @gamer isnt the same :(

oh and by the way you could just put that wonderfull bestbuy credit on a visa card and get doom 4 at the sony store :D

[quote name='strait edge follower']very true my friend however with the way these coupons have been the last few months i doubt that we will see a sales stack to use the doom 4 coupon which sucks. at keast with the sony store its 10$ off the bat. a few months back i would have totally agreed with you though but the @gamer isnt the same :(

oh and by the way you could just put that wonderfull bestbuy credit on a visa card and get doom 4 at the sony store :D[/QUOTE]

Doom 4 was released??? When did this happen?

[quote name='strait edge follower']very true my friend however with the way these coupons have been the last few months i doubt that we will see a sales stack to use the doom 4 coupon which sucks. at keast with the sony store its 10$ off the bat. a few months back i would have totally agreed with you though but the @gamer isnt the same :(

oh and by the way you could just put that wonderfull bestbuy credit on a visa card and get doom 4 at the sony store :D[/QUOTE]

nah, my store is a bit strict, so i am not even going to try, and make several attempts to get it. I do not even want doom all that much, unless it is from bestbuy, because i got some rewardzone certificate i gotta blow through. I wish the bestbuy certificate gives you a longer expiration date.

[quote name='YBX87']nah, my store is a bit strict, so i am not even going to try, and make several attempts to get it. I do not even want doom all that much, unless it is from bestbuy, because i got some rewardzone certificate i gotta blow through. I wish the bestbuy certificate gives you a longer expiration date.[/QUOTE]

180 days if your silver or bank the points till you want to use them!

[quote name='aznhero913']WTF?!?!!?

If you use the coupon online, it doesnt give the GCU 10% discount on used games...

Always some fuckn thing with BB!!![/QUOTE]

Call CS and complain.

Since when can you use the coupons online?

[quote name='eastx']Is that brochure with coupons still available in-store?[/QUOTE]

Saw a big stack a couple days back.

[quote name='J7.']Since when can you use the coupons online?

Saw a big stack a couple days back.[/QUOTE]

Since now and for digital only.

You essentially get 2 sets of coupons too. One for online use, and the other for store.

Another physical magazine dies. Future can't figure anything out, as of late.

Sadly, customer service confirmed no more physical magazine. The first email they sent me, they skated around the issue, saying that the new digital content would be included with every Gamers Unlocked subscription, completely ignoring my original question. They finally admitted it later.

Sad, but luckily that was my last issue before my unlocked rewards program thing expired. Garbage magazine for the most part, but it was good skim reading, and I love physical media way too much.

The Doom 3 BFG edition coupon is good for the PC version of it so you could get it for 10 bucks if you can find it.

If you actually want a PC copy, there's probably still cheap copies of Doom 3 BFG Edition left over from the GamersGate debacle.

[quote name='Lemstar']If you actually want a PC copy, there's probably still cheap copies of Doom 3 BFG Edition left over from the GamersGate debacle.[/QUOTE]

How cheap >> ?

I traded it 3 games at GameStop to get my copies of DOA5 and TTT2, but regret it now, seeing as I could have either gotten TTT2 for $19.99 at Best Buy or used the credit toward a 1600 point card and gotten the game for $19.99 on the Xbox. Then again, almost every title from the Games on Demand sale made me regret buying them for the prices I paid.

I received my mag in the mail, but my local BB has none of the games in-store! I really wish I had a digital coupon for Battlefield right now!

[quote name='pacifickarma']I received my mag in the mail, but my local BB has none of the games in-store! I really wish I had a digital coupon for Battlefield right now![/QUOTE]
Try an OMS, you pay in-store and use the gamer coupon, give them you mailing address or pickup in-store. Then in a week or more, you get the game at home or pick it up at the store. Try asking your gaming rep first, if they don't know how to do an OMS, ask the reps at the store pickup section.

Just realized that my subscription to the mag expired. Not really anything I'm to interested this month, other than flipping DBZ to Gamestop possibly.

I know I've read mention of the magazine going digital only, anyone know really quick when that is supposed to happen so I know what to expect if I renew? (berate me if you must, but I don't feel like reading back through posts to find out).

*EDIT*
Nevermind, I see they switched starting this issue... the lack of a print magazine is really making me reconsider renewing my unlocked membership...

bread's done
Back