Mario and Luigi Dream Team Preinstalled 3DS XL 199.99 Target December 2nd

kilenem

CAGiversary!
mario-luigi-3ds-xl-target-ad.jpg

Source http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/66365/mario-luigi-themed-3ds-xl-spotted-in-upcoming-target-ad

They should have sold this during launch not when everyone alredy has a copy of the game. Nintendo fail.

They should have sold this during launch not when everyone alredy has a copy of the game. Nintendo fail.
Exactly. I don't get it... with a Dec. release date the target wasn't Black Friday shoppers... and this game has been out long enough to have lost most of the buzz... so why now? Spare parts?

Exactly. I don't get it... with a Dec. release date the target wasn't Black Friday shoppers... and this game has been out long enough to have lost most of the buzz... so why now? Spare parts?

The shipment probably got delayed or something. But nintendo should have made an effort to advertise this was coming. Oh well, im sure this things will still sell out quick.

Now all we need now is the year of luigi 3ds xl to be release here in NA.

Wow, what an ugly-ass design. Nintendo seems to put less and less effort into their XL LE designs. The two Pokemon X & Y were ok, original Zelda was good, but the some of these recent ones are just lame. I guess small children won't care about that anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, target must have good relationship with nintendo, they always get these limited edition 3ds xl, every single time.

Are you serious? fuck you Nintendo. I was holding out for something like this and caved in and bought the Zelda 3DS XL. Now I have to have this one too!

Yeah, this design looks so plain. Couldn't Nintendo have released that Year of Luigi 3DS XL here instead of this one?

Anyone else think they're majorly cashing out on this LE fad? Between the Pikachu console, two Pokemon consoles, Animal Crossing, Zelda, and now this it's quite a bit of money for people wanting to keep up. First world problems, I know.

Anyone else think they're majorly cashing out on this LE fad? Between the Pikachu console, two Pokemon consoles, Animal Crossing, Zelda, and now this it's quite a bit of money for people wanting to keep up. First world problems, I know.

Nintendo knows how to milk more money out of their millions of fans. I know people that actually like to collect this LE bundles and keeps it sealed and just play their games on regular handheld versions. Haha

Are you serious? fuck you Nintendo. I was holding out for something like this and caved in and bought the Zelda 3DS XL. Now I have to have this one too!
I was bummed when I first saw this because is also bought the Zelda XL and would much rather have a Mario themed one, but this one is ugly.

Not really. Also its normal for companies to do bundle's with games that have already been out for a while

Not "special edtion" bundles.

It would have been better in M & L were in color.

This is the first LE I do not feel the need to collect. However, my obsessive compulsiveness might decide that on DEC 2.

The funny thing is that Nintendo has done this for over a decade and it was one of the biggest complaints in the US. People have stated MANY TIMES they wanted more limited edition systems in the US. Now that Nintendo is doing that, we have people like you bitching about how Nintendo has done too many, though your list isn't even complete. There is also a Fire Emblem and another Zelda. Maybe more, but I don't really keep up with it.

In either case, Sony has also done a lot of limited editions too. Star Wars, God of War, Special colors, at least two Monster Hunter ones, One Piece, several Final Fantasy (even a really cool VII edition), Peace Walker, Miku, Kingdom Hearts, Soccer, plus more PSP side. Ryu ga gotoku 3, Final Fantasy XIII, One Piece, Tales of Xillia, Hokuto Musou, XIII-2, Ryu ga Gotoku 5, Metal Gear Rising, Ni no Kuni, special colors PS3 and FF XIII / Tales of Xillia / Uncharted 3 / God of War A special edition DualShock 3's. Even the Vita has FF X, God Eater 2, Tokiden, Soul Sacrifice and Miku editions...

Late in the fact that the game released quite some time ago. Name one LE console that released AFTER the game... and I'm not talking about a "pack-in"----I'm talking about a LE console

10573280-1320940090-434658.jpg

That's a Mario 25th Anniversary system, not Mario Kart.
Going off the ad, the 3DS system in question is just a "Mario special edition", yet we're still treating it as a Mario and Luigi Dream Team special edition. You can argue semantics on how this system or my system are wrong, but in basic concept they're the same.

It's just Nintendo's attempt to push every possible thing Mario related for the holidays. I worked at Target the past couple holidays, and if I recall there was a push in early December last year with a blue Mario Kart XL bundle. Or maybe it was the year before. Either way I'm glad I'm out of that racket.

Nintendo obviously has a holiday push in mind, and it includes 5,453,596 Mario and Zelda bundles. Wii Mini Mario Kart. Wii U New Super Mario. Wii U Wind Waker. 3DS Zelda Gold. 3DS Mario & Luigi. Every year there's about 50 times of incrementally different bundles.aggre

I wish Nintendo would do more aggressive wild design things. Like the GBA having a 'Glacier' launch color, N64 transparent colors, GBA 'NES' bundles.

But I guess just like the Rudolph song, you just get silver and gold.

It's just Nintendo's attempt to push every possible thing Mario related for the holidays. I worked at Target the past couple holidays, and if I recall there was a push in early December last year with a blue Mario Kart XL bundle. Or maybe it was the year before. Either way I'm glad I'm out of that racket.

Nintendo obviously has a holiday push in mind, and it includes 5,453,596 Mario and Zelda bundles. Wii Mini Mario Kart. Wii U New Super Mario. Wii U Wind Waker. 3DS Zelda Gold. 3DS Mario & Luigi. Every year there's about 50 times of incrementally different bundles.aggre

I wish Nintendo would do more aggressive wild design things. Like the GBA having a 'Glacier' launch color, N64 transparent colors, GBA 'NES' bundles.

But I guess just like the Rudolph song, you just get silver and gold.
There have been some more daring and interesting designs, but we typically don't get those. Like the subtile Eevee design or the amazing SMT IV design.

There have been some more daring and interesting designs, but we typically don't get those. Like the subtile Eevee design or the amazing SMT IV design.
I miss the old school transparent colors, but I guess this stuff would be considered too toy like today. Or maybe I'm just nostalgic.

konsole-n64-9-spiele-1-controller-transparent.jpg

Thats a really nice xl. Simple but good. Although i wouldve prefered if it was red and green. I already got a pokemon X 3ds xl though so i dont need it

I miss the old school transparent colors, but I guess this stuff would be considered too toy like today. Or maybe I'm just nostalgic.

konsole-n64-9-spiele-1-controller-transparent.jpg
I've always found that style cool (like when you can see the inner workings of a watch), but I think they phased it because solid colors look nicer.

You guys do realize they aren't releasing these so that people have to collect every single one ... I'm not too sure about some of you, I mean do you guys buy your cars in every color they come in and demand that your bathrooms are stocked with both the red Charmin and the blue Charmin? It's called options people ... you choose one, maybe a few  if you have money to throw away ... these are 3DSes .. not pokemon.

I really like this design. Most of the others are so ugly I'd never want to have them out in public. The MH3U and Original Zelda are the best. Too bad I have neither.

You guys do realize they aren't releasing these so that people have to collect every single one ... I'm not too sure about some of you, I mean do you guys buy your cars in every color they come in and demand that your bathrooms are stocked with both the red Charmin and the blue Charmin? It's called options people ... you choose one, maybe a few if you have money to throw away ... these are 3DSes .. not pokemon.
Yes but at least there designed better then some of the New gen Pokemon lol

I like the silver/black combination, but I agree with others that the gold Mario and Luigi have to go. They should've gone with either outlining them in their respective colors - green (Luigi) and Red (Mario), or as silhouettes in those same colors.

Can confirm these are going to be at Best Buy for the the holidays. Not sure what price but you can always price match. :D

Here is a picture i took at work.

jn4phr0.jpg

My local walmart had a ton of these out on Saturday but no zelda editions to be found... Had the zelda price beneath them in the case, no sticker or price for this bundle listed, but I would assume 199.

bread's done
Back