Mario DDR has been discontinued?

There's no question that the lady shouldn't have put the coffee in her lap in a moving car. However, there is no question that MD's was serving thier coffee WAY too hot and they knew it caused problems in the past. The link provided clearly shows MD was at fault. Of course not 100%, the woman was dumb. But had the coffe been at safe, normal tempratures, there would be no lawsuit as their likely wouldn't have been much damage.

Well I'm glad that DDR: Mario Mix is not discontinued. I was able to score two copies of the game, one for my girlfriend, and put the other on Ebay which sold rather well, $90 with shipping. Every store around here is sold out, but hopefully I can find one more so I can claim another mat and toss the game itself on Ebay.

[quote name='iheartmetal']i ended up not buying this because it wasnt out during the TRU sale, i guess ill go check around for it[/QUOTE]

Ummm... Yes it was. That's when I got mine. It came out October 24th.

And I have not experienced any problem with mine, BTW.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Ummm... Yes it was. That's when I got mine. It came out October 24th.

And I have not experienced any problem with mine, BTW.[/QUOTE]

True... it came out at the tail end of the TRU B2G1... I got mine along with Batallion Wars and Mario Superstar Baseball. :)

My dance pad hasn't burninated my labias yet, so I guess it's fine.

I have not seen it around me. I do think like everyone else that if their is a problem with the pad replace it via recall or just replace the pad that comes with it.

[quote name='Graystone']I have not seen it around me. I do think like everyone else that if their is a problem with the pad replace it via recall or just replace the pad that comes with it.[/QUOTE]

It's already been confirmed that it is a sell out product, not a recalled one.

The Wal-Mart a couple of blocks from me got five in this weekend. Didn't realize this was such a hot seller, but good to know it's not being discontinued.

If you want this game, don't look for it. Actually find someone to ask. Every place I have been has told me that they had them in back too.

Might have something to do with the size of the box. It is pretty large. Takes up lots of shelf space.

Already mentioned but I checked the GS computers and still shows discontinued. We took down all the Mario DDR display boxes as well. :cry:

Hope we get some in cause I still want one.

[quote name='Dkellar']Well I'm glad that DDR: Mario Mix is not discontinued. I was able to score two copies of the game, one for my girlfriend, and put the other on Ebay which sold rather well, $90 with shipping. Every store around here is sold out, but hopefully I can find one more so I can claim another mat and toss the game itself on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Wow, $90 bucks?

I know a very out of the way Best Buy that is literally sitting on a stack of ten of these...

EDIT: It now goes for over $100, which is double retail. That is insane!

Yeah, I just saw one go for like $95 or something. My Godmother that works for Mariners Baseball can get these for $32 because she gets some Holiday discount. I'm thinking of getting 2. One for my self, one for ebay. The only problem is, is the order sheet says not for resale and I don't want to get her in trouble..

[quote name='Technique']Yeah, I just saw one go for like $95 or something. My Godmother that works for Mariners Baseball can get these for $32 because she gets some Holiday discount. I'm thinking of getting 2. One for my self, one for ebay. The only problem is, is the order sheet says not for resale and I don't want to get her in trouble..[/QUOTE]
These imaginary shortages are really enjoyable. I threw Lost in Blue up on eBay because it was supposedly scarce, and after an hour (3 day auction) I'm already up to my purchase price ($20). I figure it'll get to $40 or thereabouts, doubling my money. I would do the same with DDR, but I haven't seen it around anywhere the last few days. Should probably look, as someone made the good point that it probably takes up too much space to store out on the floor.

As an employee of the Nintendo World Store in NYC, the last word I heard from the big N is that there is a shortage now but there will be another production run after the holidays (kind of like the xbox 360).

As of today 12/7/05 , my store still has like 200 copies of it but we are selling more and more each day due to this rumor of it being discontinued.

didn't even know about the mat problems or the shortages.

our store had a whole bunch when it was first released, and I think in manner of 2-3 days we sold out of all we had, which was about 30+ pieces. Haven't got anymore in since. I'm thinking it's a lot of familes and kids being happy that the Cube finally has something dance mat related :)

[quote name='Crocodile']Which was many degrees hotter than it should have been. At normal serving tempratures (which of course are still hot) there was no way coffee could have burned her so bad. McDonalds was made aware of this problem several times before the incident with the old lady and did nothing to change things. There may be a 1000 stupid lawsuits a day in America but that wasn't one of them. I wish people would actually learn the facts about this case before using it as an example. Surprisingly enough (I was shocked too when I learned more about the case), the woman had a good case against Mikey D's.

Anyway, as others have said, there is some problem with the pads and it seems Nintendo wants to fix them. A response in the other thread make it seem like an electric wiring problem which is a pretty bad one if true.[/QUOTE]

Which is why it's been fairly easy for me to sell PPL insurance.

As for mario ddr, I'm kinda bummed out I wanted to try it out for the hell of it, but I'm sure I'll live.

[quote name='Crocodile']Which was many degrees hotter than it should have been. At normal serving tempratures (which of course are still hot) there was no way coffee could have burned her so bad. McDonalds was made aware of this problem several times before the incident with the old lady and did nothing to change things. There may be a 1000 stupid lawsuits a day in America but that wasn't one of them. I wish people would actually learn the facts about this case before using it as an example. Surprisingly enough (I was shocked too when I learned more about the case), the woman had a good case against Mikey D's.

[/QUOTE]

I don't care how hot the coffee was. I understand that in other countries, coffee is generally served cold so had she been foreign, etc. and hadn't understood that coffee in America is hot than I might have been more understanding, but otherwise she's just an idiot. Let's face it, coffee is hot. End of story.

Oh and I'm glad that Mario DDR is just popular...was planning on picking one up this month actually as a gift when this headline caught my eye. Now I'm just going to pick up two and ebay one. :D

[quote name='Fire']Oh and I'm glad that Mario DDR is just popular...was planning on picking one up this month actually as a gift when this headline caught my eye. Now I'm just going to pick up two and ebay one. :D[/QUOTE]

This is my plan as well.... better do it fast, Ebay prices tend to be dropping, but you can still get $100 (though nowhere near the $135 it was at a few days before).

Here's a little tidbit:

Fun & Games (The store inside of NOA) had 400 copies of the game a week ago. They now only have approximately 40.

That's employee sales.

Nintendo didnt COMPLETELY discontinue making the game.
They just temporarily did and plan to start remaking the game early February.

I wish I had gotten one of these when I had the chance. I'd love to throw down some DDR with my fiancee over break, but oh well

I actually found one at my local Walmart today. Must have been a return after the hollidays or something. I'll be putting it on ebay within the next couple days, and I'll put up the link here if anyone wants to bite (though 150ish dollars isn't very cheap ass, and we know they will be available everywhere again soon)

Why are we still talking about this game like it's rare or even a little bit hard to find, and why were we ever doing so? Even when there was supposedly a shortage, I was finding plenty of copies in stores around town.

Could I have bought them and scammed suckers on eBay? Sure, I could've. Why didn't I? Because I'm not an ass.

With such surprisingly quick sales numbers, children would have to somehow be decapitating themselves with the dancepad for Nintendo to stop making them completely. Taking advantage of parents who don't know better during the holidays seems like a pretty dickish thing to do.

Anyway, can we bury this thread now?

"Could I have bought them and scammed suckers on eBay? Sure, I could've. Why didn't I? Because I'm not an ass."

I would say you make a very bad cheap ass gamer...

I got 4 copies of DDR mario from 2 Gamerushes with their "trade 2 copies of D2R2 and get any game for free and get some credit left over too" deal.

[quote name='David85']"Could I have bought them and scammed suckers on eBay? Sure, I could've. Why didn't I? Because I'm not an ass."

I would say you make a very bad cheap ass gamer...[/QUOTE]

Being a cheapass and being a dick are two different things. Since when did getting deals mean turning around and gouging the next guy?

[quote name='David85']"Could I have bought them and scammed suckers on eBay? Sure, I could've. Why didn't I? Because I'm not an ass."

I would say you make a very bad cheap ass gamer...[/QUOTE]

That's lame. Screwing over the Walmarts of the world is one thing, but screwing over other gamers? C'mon, man. This isn't Dickish Gamers, this is Cheap Ass Gamers. Take a sale if you want to play the game, if not, leave the sale for someone else to enjoy, and don't scam people.

I got my copy for ~$70 when I heard it was rare.

I plan to play it 'cause I love Mario music. But if it sucks it'll be back on Ebay by Christmas.

[quote name='electrictroy']I got my copy for ~$70 when I heard it was rare.

I plan to play it 'cause I love Mario music. But if it sucks it'll be back on Ebay by Christmas.[/QUOTE]
by Christmas... like 11 1/2 months from now?

Hey, electrictroy is like famous on the eBay message boards. I went there once and every couple of threads I browsed mentioned him. What's the deal?

Is there any offical word on when we might seeing this back in stores? I've got a crisp $50 bill waiting to be used to get it. ;)

The most plausable explanation I've heard of the shortages (and total lack of restocks) aside from being rather popular, was that Nintendo and the company making the dance pads had a falling out so that the company stoped making the pads. Thus, Nintendo is kinda scrambling to get someone else to make a quality input device for them, get it produced and out the door. I have no clue if that true (it seems liekly that it could be true even behind the PR mask of "It's selling really well!"

Anywho... don't need anymore games right now. But just thought I'd ask. :)

[quote name='daroga']Is there any offical word on when we might seeing this back in stores? I've got a crisp $50 bill waiting to be used to get it. ;)

The most plausable explanation I've heard of the shortages (and total lack of restocks) aside from being rather popular, was that Nintendo and the company making the dance pads had a falling out so that the company stoped making the pads. Thus, Nintendo is kinda scrambling to get someone else to make a quality input device for them, get it produced and out the door. I have no clue if that true (it seems liekly that it could be true even behind the PR mask of "It's selling really well!"

Anywho... don't need anymore games right now. But just thought I'd ask. :)[/QUOTE]I believe the beginning of February was the original "official" word.

[quote name='MorPhiend']I believe the beginning of February was the original "official" word.[/QUOTE]
That sounds right. Didn't know if they had ammended or updated that at all (or others had retail info). Get this, and then a month and a 1/2 later get Tetris DS... good heavens, Nintendo, STOP TAKING MY MONEY! ;)

Damn it, this thread reminds me that I need to call Nintendo again about my mat. Damn thing shocks me if I touch the black top box, though I mentioned that earlier in the thread. Wonder if they're going to try and replace it. I still think that's the mystery behind the shortage, and until more show up on the shelves, I'm sticking to it! :razz:

[quote name='Rig']Damn it, this thread reminds me that I need to call Nintendo again about my mat. Damn thing shocks me if I touch the black top box, though I mentioned that earlier in the thread. Wonder if they're going to try and replace it. I still think that's the mystery behind the shortage, and until more show up on the shelves, I'm sticking to it! :razz:[/QUOTE]
Rig's theme:
It's electric!

I haven't had a problem with my mat yet. And I don't see that the problem could be a feudwith the mat supplier, seeing that the mat itselfis available through the Nintendo store. I almost bought one but I didn't want to pay $20 But I probably should have. Anyone know the cheapest way to get a 1st party mat (or one that might be better)?

[quote name='MorPhiend']I haven't had a problem with my mat yet. And I don't see that the problem could be a feudwith the mat supplier, seeing that the mat itselfis available through the Nintendo store. I almost bought one but I didn't want to pay $20 But I probably should have. Anyone know the cheapest way to get a 1st party mat (or one that might be better)?[/QUOTE]
As far as I know there are only two mats for the GC... Nintendo brand which is probably guaranteed to be better quality, or the Mad Catz one (with or without MC Groovz; I got two since MC Groovz has 8 directions, Nintendo pad only seems to recognize the 4). Mad Catz pad is clearanced at CC right now, I got it for $18. I'll probably be picking up a Nintendo one as well so I have two good quality ones. If your BB still has the MC Groovz bundle, it's $30, I believe (should be able to use the BB coupon).

[quote name='botticus']As far as I know there are only two mats for the GC... Nintendo brand which is probably guaranteed to be better quality, or the Mad Catz one (with or without MC Groovz; I got two since MC Groovz has 8 directions, Nintendo pad only seems to recognize the 4). Mad Catz pad is clearanced at CC right now, I got it for $18. I'll probably be picking up a Nintendo one as well so I have two good quality ones. If your BB still has the MC Groovz bundle, it's $30, I believe (should be able to use the BB coupon).[/QUOTE]Thanks for the heads up! I've wanted to try that, but didn't want topay money for it! This will be like just buying the mat and getting a free game!:)

There seem to be a lot more on ebay lately, and the price has fallen back to around 100 bucks. A week ago, they were minimum of 150, and I saw a couple end in the high 190s. Maybe they are trickling back into stores not or something.

[quote name='Indonesia']wow , I am surprised it can be sold at $100+. I got mine from toyrus buy 2 get 1 free and still sealed.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I am thinking about ebaying it, when Nintendo catches up (production)I can get it and 2 other new games at the prices they are going for on ebay.

bread's done
Back