Mario Hoops 3 on 3 - Mushroom Kingdom's NBA

[quote name='botticus']Seriously, why does Nintendo not use those commercials (or similar ones) here? That was a really catchy and informative commercial. Advertise in America, please![/QUOTE]

agreed... plus it would be a huge moneysaver in the end.

[quote name='botticus']Seriously, why does Nintendo not use those commercials (or similar ones) here? That was a really catchy and informative commercial. Advertise in America, please![/QUOTE]
It felt like Nintendo's old commercials from the 80s, which I suppose might have just been reimagined from the Japanese originals. Whatever the case, I agree with you. Nintendo is the Apple of videogames. They would be well served to distinguish themselves in their ads with a certain personalitty instead of making commercials indistinguishable from Sony and MS ones.

The game looks very cool but it seems you may be forced to look at the bottom screen so much you'll miss all the action on the top.

I havent played it so of course im probably wrong but it would seem like traditional d-pad controlling would be better than stylus.

[quote name='mini.boss']The game looks very cool but it seems you may be forced to look at the bottom screen so much you'll miss all the action on the top.

I havent played it so of course im probably wrong but it would seem like traditional d-pad controlling would be better than stylus.[/QUOTE]

rest assured, this video proves no need for constat looking at bottom screen... plus this goes over the entire control layout:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elHSAqIxMho[/media]

sorry for it being squished >_

ooohh..that's why there was a fiery "M" on the top screen around mario when he was about to do his special move...you draw that with your stylus? nice touch (hah...bad pun)

ironic rlease date.....
40 points......really?

I think my gripe with it at this point is the camera. It looks like it's a bit too close. But the more I see of the game the more I want it

Still looks like really weird control, but hopefully it feels better while playing. Other games have seemed weird on first glance.

[quote name='gizmogc']Alright, so I have been playing the game for a few minutes...not to bad. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.[/quote]

is it as hard to control as it looks?

is it any fun?

how many characters are there?

how many points do you usually get in a game (since shots count from 20 to 60 points per basket)?

[quote name='swetooth9']is it as hard to control as it looks?

is it any fun?

how many characters are there?

how many points do you usually get in a game (since shots count from 20 to 60 points per basket)?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Not enjoying trying to learn how to play in Japanese

It seems so.

Dont know

Dont know

but it doesn't come out until the 27th.....but then again mom pop stores might have it early....
EDIT: Nevermind, I think I know how he got it.

[quote name='akilshohen']but it doesn't come out until the 27th.....but then again mom pop stores might have it early....
EDIT: Nevermind, I think I know how he got it.[/QUOTE]

I played a few rounds more...its ok. The stylus control is kinda pain, but I did get use to it. So far all the normal run of the mill characters are playable, but I did unlock Paratrooper, and played against Dixie Kong.

[quote name='jnguyen822']more like downloaded the rom dump released yesterday :D[/QUOTE]

Well duh. Somethings gotta tide me over till it releases here.

i just got this too.

you can use button controls if you don't want to use touchpad controls. i tried the whole swiping thing and it's annoying. the button controls are much easier though.

So to answer swetooth9's questions as well:

1) It's alot easier to use the buttons than the touchpad.

2) The game is pretty easy so far - I just finished the mandatory basic training thing and am playing my first tournament.

3) I think there's supposed to be 21 total.

4) Points are based on the coins you get. So if you dribble and get like 10 coins, you'll make a 10 point shot (I think max coin count is 100). Speakin o dribbling, you don't actually need to touch the pad or keep pressing B to dribble - doing that just makes you dribble faster.

[quote name='gizmogc']Well duh. Somethings gotta tide me over till it releases here.[/quote]

You playing it off of a DS flash cart (If they even make them yet) or a GBA flash cart?

I've got a GBA one around somewhere...it be sweet to test out a few DS games before I bought them or couldn't wait for them to be released.

Hmm... Never could get into Mario sports games 'cept for Strikers. This may be good though. I'm not sure if i'll buy it though, i have limited money and there's other games i wanna get.

[quote name='Mattte']You playing it off of a DS flash cart (If they even make them yet) or a GBA flash cart?

I've got a GBA one around somewhere...it be sweet to test out a few DS games before I bought them or couldn't wait for them to be released.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about gizmogc but I am. I was waiting for the browser to be uploaded which should be pretty soon and I noticed "mario basket 3 on 3" was out. I'm not sure how much we're allowed to talk about roms or anything of that nature so I'll just leave it at that.

I'm afraid that this game will be a 5 hour Mario Party minigame. Hopefully I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to hold my interest for a significant amount of time.

[quote name='zola']I don't know about gizmogc but I am. I was waiting for the browser to be uploaded which should be pretty soon and I noticed "mario basket 3 on 3" was out. I'm not sure how much we're allowed to talk about roms or anything of that nature so I'll just leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

Im using a Supercard Mini. Waiting till the Micro comes out next week.
As for the browser...don't think that is possible. Since it comes with a GBA RAM cart and all.

And had NO idea you can use buttons to play. I gotta try that.

^damn. i'll get it anyway and see if it works.

yeah, i didn't know either but i found it by accident when i pressed start. it's the lower right option. you know it's the correct one if you see a diagram of the buttons with japanese text everywhere. tap on and then resume play and suddenly the buttons are responsive.

you don't have quite as much control as with the stylus - like you can't determine which side you dribble on like you could with the stylus, but it's easier to handle imo.

offense:

x - shoot/dunk
b - dribble faster
y/a - pass left or right respectively
L - change character

defense:

x - jump - double tap to do weird green spinning move
b - steal - hold to make that blocking 'window' come up
y/a - dash left or right respectively

you still need to use the touchpad for super moves. i use my thumb since i'm used to playing jumpsuperstars but i suppose you could hold the stylus.

last, i take back my comment about this being easy. it's no sweat beating the comp until you get to the last round of the rainbow cup when you play the first final fantasy team (ninja, white mage, and black mage). i've been playing for several hours against them and i still can't beat them.

Well, I am bumping this up since I just bought this game earlier today from Sears who probably put it out on Sunday. I must say the game so far is pretty fun, but I do think the controls will take some time to get used to.

I'm very much enjoying this game. However, much like Meteos, it's going to be terribly handicapped by no Wifi. Still a blast though. :)

[quote name='Like A Breath']I'm afraid that this game will be a 5 hour Mario Party minigame. Hopefully I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to hold my interest for a significant amount of time.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The Mario sports games have been surprisingly deep and from what I've heard from people who legitimately got the import, the difficulty really moves up once you get to the highest levels (especially against the Squenix teams).

bread's done
Back