Mario Kart 8 + 4 Digital Titles $75 (Wii U + 6 Games for roughly $275)

nintendokingdom

CAGiversary!
https://thegamerpad.wordpress.com/2014/06/11/special-feature-mario-kart-8-4-digital-titles-75-wii-u-6-games-for-roughly-275/

Ok I copied and pasted the steps from the link.  Here is how you do it, you gotta jump through a couple hoops.  Take 1 trip to Best Buy and spend around 15 Minutes on Club Nintendo's website.  Don't really want to get into a debate about the ethics of this, do it or don't, that's up to you

Step 1a) Buy 3 copies of Mario Kart from Best Buy.  The price currently is $60, or $48 for those with a Gamers Club Unlocked Membership.  Don’t worry though, Amazon currently has the game priced for $48.80, get Best Buy to Price Match this if you don’t have GCU.

3 Copies of Mario Kart 8 at $48.80 = $146.60 BEFORE TAX  (*$144 if you have GCU membership)

Step 2a) Open your 3 copies of Mario Kart 8 take out the Club Nintendo registration codes, and trade them back into Best Buy (you currently receive $40 credit per copy…$44 if you have GCU).

Trade- in Credit for the 3 Copies of Mario Kart 8 = $120 (*$132 if you have GCU membership)

Step 1b & 2b) The same basic idea, but you would buy 1 copy, open it, and then trade it in.  Using your $40/$44 trade in credit to buy your 2nd copy.  Then you open that, trade it in, and use the credit to buy your 3rd copy.  This way you’re only required $70 or so (after tax) cash in hand to buy your initial copy, and your end result is $$40/44 in trade-in credit instead of $120/$132

Step 3) *Ignore this step if you’ve already purchased a personal copy of Mario Kart 8 for yourself, or if you don’t want Mario Kart 8 Use your trade-in credit and now purchase your copy of Mario Kart 8.  Best Buy limits the GCU to only 3 copies of the same SKU, so those using the GCU membership might not be able to buy a 4th copy at $48.  If that is the case, this is when you use the Amazon price-match.   For those using the Amazon Price-Match for the previous 3 copies, I’m not sure how many copies they limit a customer to when performing a price-match.  The way around this would be to just ring up different transactions, or just order directly off Amazon and hope that Best Buy’s trade-in value doesn’t go down before you receive your copies.

Step 4) Go to club.nintendo.com and create/use your main account.  Then create 3 (2 if you didn’t buy a personal copy) other accounts that you will add to your family. This is explained here on their support site.

Step 5) Register all 4 (3 if you didn’t buy a personal copy) and then select a different free game for each one.  Write-down, save, copy, etc your Redeem Codes.

Step 6) Boot up your Wii U, go to the eShop and select “Download Code” at the top of the eShop menu.  Enter in each of your codes individually and you should end up with all 4 digital downloads.  *If you don’t have a Wii U yet you can hold onto these codes until they expire, but I’m not sure when that exactly is.  If you order a refurbished Wii U and are waiting on it to ship to you, you should be fine if you redeem it when you get your Wii U.

Summary) Following Steps 1A & 2A You will spend roughly $146.60 + TAX on purchasing 3 copies of Mario Kart 8.  You will then turn that $146.60 + TAX into $120 ($132 if you have GCU) Best Buy Store Credit PLUS the 3

Redeem Codes.   If you do Steps 1B & 2B you’ll spend $48.80 + TAX initially, and then $8.80 on each of the other 2 copies, costing you $66.40, turning that into $40 store credit PLUS the 3 Redeem Codes (GCU Members Spend $56 and end up with $44 store credit) .

If you follow Steps 1A/2A or 1B/2B depends on how much it bothers you to turn cash into store-credit, and/or how much of a hassle it is for you to break things up into several transactions.

You then use your remaining store credit on the final copy of Mario Kart 8, which you keep for yourself and gives you the 4th Redeem code.  Or you can just keep the credit for another time.

BONUS) If you have a Deluxe Wii U and are part of the Digital Deluxe Promotion you will receive Reward points for every one of these “free” purchases. The points should go Wii Party U (399), NSMBU (499), Pikmin 3 (599) and Zelda Wind Waker (349).  Which is 1846 Points.  You get a $5 giftcard for every 500 points.  This means you’ll receive $15 in Nintendo eShop Giftcard and be 144 points away from another $5 (This might be incorrect, but I believe when you use your $15 eShop Giftcard, that will be another 150 points).

MORE BONUS) If you’re a Best Buy Rewards Member you should receive 2x points for every video game purchase.  That means you’ll receive 96 points for every Mario Kart 8 you purchase.  If you purchase 3 that’s 288 points, 4 copies would be 384.  $5 Reward Cards are rewarded for every 250 points.  You earned another $5 in Best Buy Store Credit

SIDE BONUS) The Gamers Club Unlocked Membership is currently on sale for $60 for a 2 year subscription.  This gives you 20% off all new game purchases and 10% extra in trade-in.   This will pay for itself if there are 5 games you plan on buying at $60 MSRP in the next 2 years.

FINAL RESULTS) Those who haven’t purchased Mario Kart 8 for themselves yet will spend roughly $75 for a personal copy of Mario Kart 8 and all 4 Digital Downloads (some of the Wii U’s best games), $20 in eShop Store Credit and a $5 Best Buy Reward Certificate if you follow Steps 1B & 2B.  Steps 1A & 2A would result in you spending around $150 and recieiving Mario Kart 8, All 4 Digital Downloads, $20 in eShop Store Credit and $120 in Trade-in Credit ($132if you’re a GCU Member) and a $5 Best Buy Rewards Certificate.

If you already own Mario Kart 8, you’re looking at spending around $65 and getting the other 3 Digital Copies, $15 in eShop Store Credit, a $5 Best Buy Reward Certificate and $40 ($44 if you have GCU) in Store Credit.  That’s turning $65 cash into $60 in random credits ($64 for GCU) plus getting all 3 Digital Copies

Last edited by a moderator:
yIVyBXW.jpg

"And the forum has reached a new low."

Who the ferk are all these people bi*ching about the thread? If you don't like it GTFO because if you go to the MK8 thread you'll see this isn't the first time this is mentioned + done.

@nintendokingdom Don't let these people stop you from bringing deals to light. Even if they're already known but don't have a dedicated thread.

It's technically a deal considering you'd be getting the "free" games for about $4.

So please, stop with the over reaction.

If you have Gamers Club Unlocked and use it on this, I would give you a 90% chance of being banned. You are only allowed 3 copies of a game per year and I believe trade ins count towards this number as well.
You need to buy 4+ of the same title to be banned, across all platforms, x2 360 x1 Xbox one + x1 ps3 = banned. Trade ins don't count toward this number, you can trade in 3 copies of the same game per platform, x3 wii x3 360 x3 ps3 and you'll be fine. Your "90%" should apply to a careless GCU member who doesn't know their purchase history.

That's too much. I just went to this store called bookoff and found a used mariokart 8 sitting in their shelf. Code was inside so I snagged it and used it. Got zelda :D

I see nothing wrong with this. If Nintendo did not want this to happen then they would do what they did with the Pokemon X/Y promotion (Require a 3DS/2DS/XL be registered as well as a Club Nintendo Code). If you are buying used then you should not expect a Club Nintendo code at all, just like you should not expect DLC or an online pass in a used copy.

Plus, this way Nintendo is getting tons of sales on Mario Kart 8 since everyone is buying new and then by distributing their games digitally, it costs them nothing but the possible loss of a sale of the physical version of the game (assuming any of us have not already bought all these games at some point anyways).

Huge thanks to the OP.  I wouldn't have thought of that.  Just finished putting in the 4th code.  Can't wait to sit down and enjoy all of my new games!  :D

The added factor of getting enough Club Nintendo coins to get theirVirtual Console game of the month,  $20 in eShop credit, and an additional $5 in Reward Certificate from Best Buy were things I thought were overlooked by those that thought it was "obvious".   If you don't want to do this, then don't participate in it or the thread.  I'm just relaying info and tactics that are being used.  It's not like I'm telling you to take out the code and re-seal the game and return it.

If you don't want to do this, then don't participate in it or the thread.
Serious question. Why do people always jump onto that hypocritical bullshit in threads like this? You're basically saying that you don't want to see our negative posts (just like we don't want to see posts like this), but we should ignore you (even though you're not ignoring us and would achieve the same end goal) because... reasons? Maybe its just me, but I always found this logic humorous.

That's because there is really no moral violation. Would be totally different if he bought it then returned it 3 times under the premise the game didn't work or something yet took the codes out.
It's not necessarily a moral issue. Some people are afraid that by exploiting the loophole of multiple accounts under a family account, people will keep Nintendo from allowing this for future promotions when they legitimately have, you know, a family.

Crazy I know. Families.

It's not necessarily a moral issue. Some people are afraid that by exploiting the loophole of multiple accounts under a family account, people will keep Nintendo from allowing this for future promotions when they legitimately have, you know, a family.

Crazy I know. Families.
Not sure why you're quoting me when I was replying to someone asking about morality.

I didn't see anyone complaining in the other microsoft store thread with people trying to bring in 10+ copies of Kinect Adventure and Madden 09 to trade for 10 dollars each. I'm against return fraud, fradulent coupons, and al lthat, but this is just trading in a game. I don't get why some people are all uppity about it.

I didn't see anyone complaining in the other microsoft store thread with people trying to bring in 10+ copies of Kinect Adventure and Madden 09 to trade for 10 dollars each. I'm against return fraud, fradulent coupons, and al lthat, but this is just trading in a game. I don't get why some people are all uppity about it.
because circlejerk

People tripping over this, yet are perfectly okay with dozens of pages of CAGs basically robbing Target with their $15 off promo. The Exploit Police have much more to cry about on that thread... CAGs are going nuts trying to get every game out of Target for next to nothing, yet the Exploit Police are all riled up on this thread? See the irony? If not, exit your mother's basement and get some fresh air for 15 minutes and that will certainly help.
Had to Quote this for truth. Good find op. Dont let the haters stop you from posting like this in the future.

What a sleazy, scummy, "deal". This should be reported to mods, this kind of abusive crap is more appropriate for Slickdeals, not CAG.
Well then don't post in the thread. Half of the threads on this forum are about min/max'ing coupons, trades, etc etc.

Serious question. Why do people always jump onto that hypocritical bullshit in threads like this? You're basically saying that you don't want to see our negative posts (just like we don't want to see posts like this), but we should ignore you (even though you're not ignoring us and would achieve the same end goal) because... reasons? Maybe its just me, but I always found this logic humorous.
Because the bottom line is, this was to post a deal/savings that people could use. Not a post or forum intended for people to run circles in a debate with you over what is right or wrong. Every time you make a post here, you're reviving the topic/thread you claim to be against. Your opinion isn't needed here, either use the information for the savings, or don't.

Crazy I know. Families.
I doubt a single family needs 4 copies of mario kart.

Never mind the fact that Nintendo gets to sell four copies of a new game during launch month. Really not seeing any downside for Nintendo in the situation.

I doubt a single family needs 4 copies of mario kart.
or how about just 2?

if you kill the family loophole, families who need two copies of a game (is that hard to fathom?) will lose out on promos like this in the future. I know I know. fuck em, right?

Because the bottom line is, this was to post a deal/savings that people could use. Not a post or forum intended for people to run circles in a debate with you over what is right or wrong. Every time you make a post here, you're reviving the topic/thread you claim to be against. Your opinion isn't needed here, either use the information for the savings, or don't.
I'd take 6 of admiralvic's over one of yours.

or how about just 2?

if you kill the family loophole, families who need two copies of a game (is that hard to fathom?) will lose out on promos like this in the future. I know I know. fuck em, right?
You sound angry. Relax.

I don't know many families that need 2 copies of this game either. Which family has 2 wii u systems in the same household? Really?

Nintendo will not get rid of this promo at this point since it needs it to help sales of major titles and to move systems right now. You might not get it in the future if they become number 1 during this console era, but thats not likely either.

Quit being chicken little, the sky isn't falling. Relax. This "deal" isn't going to hurt anyone, and nintendo will do it again.

I do love the irony involved in criticizing a deal you don't like, thus bumping the thread and ensuring that more people take advantage of it.

I really do think the desperate situation with the Wii U brought us this promo. If the Wii U is still sucking hard sales wise after Smash, we may see this promo again regardless of abuse. This aint the Square Enix iPod, the cost of which is a lot easier to quantify than the hypothetical sales of the four games that Nintendo lost with this promo

Not gonna do this myself, as it's too much hassle, but I support it. Nothing wrong with this at all since it benefits nintendo, and if your willing to go through these hoops then more power to ya.

Anyone who thinks nintendo is suddenly going to stop offering great deals because of things like this, is just delusional.

Hate the hypocrites here who just want to be the "good guys". I see that far too often.

This deal is good as long as you're ok with scamming a non-profit organization like Nintendo. Every copy you buy, even if it's full price, is taking money directly out of their pockets. No different than scamming a charity.

This deal is good as long as you're ok with scamming a non-profit organization like Nintendo. Every copy you buy, even if it's full price, is taking money directly out of their pockets. No different than scamming a charity.
Lol are you kidding? They're a for-profit business.They're known for being very profit focused...they've sold every system for profit at launch and not taken a loss. Sony & MS have sold their systems at a loss. Sony at least has the cross-buy feature for Vita/PS3/PS4 and Nintendo is still currently ignoring this for 3DS/Wii U.

I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but I can admit they're definitely out for profit and even have some borderline greedy actions.

I don't approve of this. Your basically exploiting Nintendo and us preowned buyers have no chance of a free game.

But Id bet you approve of using glitches to get games ultra cheap that retailers didn't intend, or buying something to get a bonus then returning it, or any number of other exploitations I see CAGs posting about on a weekly basis.

Not to mention the second you said "us pre owned buyers" you shot yourself in the foot because if you buy pre owned you should never even expect for a single second for any codes to work that come with a game because youre buying it USED. That's like complaining about buying a used car and it didn't have the factory radio and floormats in the car like new ones do. If you want the download codes then buy it new or buy them off ebay.

Not to mention the people buying used aren't helping the gaming companies ever. That is some self entitlement believe that your non-support of the company should allow you to get in a promotion they're running. 

Someone needs to learn the definition of a "non profit" company.

Even taking your words as true, then no one should buy anything full price from Nintendo, because, "even at full price, your taking money out of their pockets".

/facepalm

Not to mention the people buying used aren't helping the gaming companies ever. That is some self entitlement believe that your non-support of the company should allow you to get in a promotion they're running.
Entitlement is such an ugly buzzword...but otherwise I have nothing to contribute.

I'm helping by bumping an argument thread! :whistle2:

I'm not willing to risk my GCU membership so I'm just buying 3 and keeping one. I can live without a digital copy of Zelda since I already have it on disc. Had a $72 gift card (and $10 in reward zone certs) and bought two initially with $22 out of pocket. Waiting on the credit for those to buy the third to keep. They are having trouble getting my 10% bonus trade in to apply. I'm sure they will get it eventually. I have the patience to wait it out. There is nothing wrong with this. It is all by the book. Nintendo gets the sales it wants, Best Buy gets sales and trade-ins, and I get some cheap gaming action. Edit: After I did the trade in I realized there is no reason to rush to buy my copy. I'm going to wait until the promotion is almost over and see if MK8 happens to go on sale so I can get it even cheaper. I'm not a huge 3D Mario Kart fan (the 2D ones are just so much better), so I have no problem waiting to buy my copy.

anyone know why its saying not enough space to download.. i had already chosen pikmin 3 and downloaded it fine to my external drive (i have wii u basic), but got a free zelda code from a friend, and tried to download it and it says not enough system space ...is that there way of blocking the download since technically its only 1 per account? or am I doing something wrong..hmmm it seems to want to download to system memory and wont use the usb drive even though its downloading pikmin 3 fine to the drive..

anyone know why its saying not enough space to download.. i had already chosen pikmin 3 and downloaded it fine to my external drive (i have wii u basic), but got a free zelda code from a friend, and tried to download it and it says not enough system space ...is that there way of blocking the download since technically its only 1 per account? or am I doing something wrong..hmmm it seems to want to download to system memory and wont use the usb drive even though its downloading pikmin 3 fine to the drive..
I downloaded two to my system (deluxe) without problem and then my system was filled up. I then hooked up the external hdd and downloaded to the hdd. I then copied my first two games off my system and then onto my hdd...then deleted off my system (I guess I could've just moved it to my hdd)

So my suggestion is to move Pikmin 3 to your hdd and then download Zelda. If it ends up on your system...then move that too

Someone needs to learn the definition of a "non profit" company.

Even taking your words as true, then no one should buy anything full price from Nintendo, because, "even at full price, your taking money out of their pockets".

/facepalm
Nintendo is in the same category as American Red Cross, PBS, Goodwill, etc. They would rather lose money and make people happy.

Blaster man, all that confirms is that Nintendo is a more honest non-profit company than the charities mentioned.

I downloaded two to my system (deluxe) without problem and then my system was filled up. I then hooked up the external hdd and downloaded to the hdd. I then copied my first two games off my system and then onto my hdd...then deleted off my system (I guess I could've just moved it to my hdd)

So my suggestion is to move Pikmin 3 to your hdd and then download Zelda. If it ends up on your system...then move that too
That IS all you had to do! :rofl:

Nintendo is in the same category as American Red Cross, PBS, Goodwill, etc. They would rather lose money and make people happy.
Surely you mean they are in the same category philosophically right (even that is a stretch but at least you could make an argument for that case)? There is no way you could possibly mean literally. They are a for-profit business. Just because they don't mind taking losses to put out products they like does not make them suddenly a non-profit. I can guarantee you they would be a hell of a lot more careful with some of their business decisions if they weren't sitting on a mountain of cash.

bread's done
Back