Mario Kart 8 = $48.80 at Walmart (Amazon pm'd)

I did both. Created a New Mii and then a new Club Nintendo account UNDER my already open Club Nintendo. You're just adding to your "family" i created an account under my fiances name. But all you really need is a "name" and a working email address. Its under Account and Coins right by your coin total on the main page once your logged in. After clicking that theres a box on the right side that has a +ADD sign by Family Members, add the person under their and register the MK8.
Cool, thanks for the information.

I just clicked "Add" next to the Family Members heading to create his account, and I didn't see anything indicating that it could be designated as a child account; is there somewhere I can check to verify that it isn't a child account?
Just make sure the age is over 18 i believe. And i should mention that I could access the downloaded game from my main MII account after i downloaded it with the other. So you dont have to login to that 2nd account to get access to the game, so thats nice. (New WII U user here, so didn't know if it was like that or not)

i got mario kart and a preorder for super smash 3ds for 36 and change out the door at target.  Thanks OP and all those who helped, this was a deal I could not pass up!

I do not have a Wii U and won't until December. Would I still be able to pull off the free game deal? Or do I have to download it to a Wii U before a certain date?

I do not have a Wii U and won't until December. Would I still be able to pull off the free game deal? Or do I have to download it to a Wii U before a certain date?
I can't say for certain, because I didn't do this exact scenario. I bought my copy of Mario Kart 8 and my Wii U at the same time.

However, I created a Club Nintendo account and registered my copy of Mario Kart 8 before I linked the Club Nintendo account to my Wii U. It popped up and asked me to select a free game. I chose Pikmin 3 and it confirmed everything.

So I would say yes, as long as you have or make a Club Nintendo account, you should be able to get the free game deal because all they give you is a download code to enter into your Wii U. However, I don't know how long that code is valid for since your planned purchase is so far away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think that the code should be good, it's just that you need to pick a game before August 31st.

bread's done
Back