Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle $329.99! Plus free Wii U game

JamesKelly09

CAGiversary!
Nintendo has announced a Mario Kart 8 Wii U Deluxe bundle for North America. Featuring a 32GB Wii U, a copy of Mario Kart 8, a red racing wheel, and a red Mario Wii Remote Plus controller, the package will cost $329.99 on May 30.

Additionally, anyone who registers a copy of Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, 2014 can redeem one free Wii U game from a selection of four. 

Nintendo is offering a digital copy of Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U

Will update later with links!!!

MK8Bundle_Front_1.jpg

Plus anyone else who buys Mario Kart 8 game retail or digital will still be able to register for the free game!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
really wish it was a pro controller and not another wii mote.

still a good deal though... not sure if I will take it or wait for $200 wiiu.

Wait, isn't the UK getting a bonus Mario hat with the bundle as well as a red rubber cover for the gamepad?

Mario_kart_bundle.jpg

So why isn't America getting the same two bonuses? It also has a guide, but does someone really need a guide book for Mario Kart?

Ah, the haters are here! No one cares what you think it should be priced at, it's $329.99 and that's that. If you can't afford it, sucks. Mario karts bouts to be amazing

Ah, the haters are here! No one cares what you think it should be priced at, it's $329.99 and that's that. If you can't afford it, sucks. Mario karts bouts to be amazing
Yeah, you're right. Everyone that says this bundle is overpriced simply can't afford it and is consumed with envy at others who will buy this at $320.

hmm...should I find a deal on the current super Mario/luigi u bundle and buy mk8 separate or wait for the mk8 bundle? I already have wii remotes and steering wheels with the wii system.

Nintendo is fucking awesome with these long ass videos in terms of selling you a game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbuJZP0_8iQ&feature=youtu.be

THat said, I think this bundle should be $299 flat. I realize Nintendo would make less at that price, but they shouldn't be raising the price on a dead last system regardless of value.

WIth that said this is great value lol.
12:59-16:21

LOL!

Yep, I'm with those who think it should have been priced at ~250. If they were truly interested in moving units, that is.  But I'll be buying the console and game separately so it'll work out that way for me, at least.

you guys who want this released at $249 are crazy.  Theres a good amount of value here.  $299 would be better but $329 for system, 2 first-party games, gamepad, wii wheel and wiimote+ is not bad by any stretch.

[SIZE=medium]It amuses me that you think the issue is money given that I own both the PS4 and XBONE. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Granted, Nintendo sycophants like you are generally among the most illogical creatures abound, even amidst the philistines and troglodytes of the Internet but regardless, your banal and emotionally-saturated defense of an indefensible company is heartwarming in a zealous, Jim-Jones-devotional sort of way. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As to the moniker of hater, my displeasure at Nintendo’s repeated nonsense is hardly an unfair response given how great the company and their products once were when contrasted with how shitty and utterly useless their consoles have become. From the outset the Wii U has been a shimmering example of mediocrity, replete with a feebly-aped tablet controller nobody wanted (even Nintendo seems at odds to support it in any meaningful way) and technology that can’t even outperform consoles from 2006. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]But truly, what I dislike most about Nintendo are its mind-numbing acolytes who lap up their shit with a spoon and call it chocolate pudding. People like you are borderline delusional and I’d be lying if I said that I’m not enjoying watching Nintendo and their shitty console get absolutely curb stomped by Sony and Microsoft because they deserve to be in last place.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It amuses me that you think the issue is money given that I own both the PS4 and XBONE. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Granted, Nintendo sycophants like you are generally among the most illogical creatures abound, even amidst the philistines and troglodytes of the Internet but regardless, your banal and emotionally-saturated defense of an indefensible company is heartwarming in a zealous, Jim-Jones-devotional sort of way. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As to the moniker of hater, my displeasure at Nintendo’s repeated nonsense is hardly an unfair response given how great the company and their products once were when contrasted with how shitty and utterly useless their consoles have become. From the outset the Wii U has been a shimmering example of mediocrity, replete with a feebly-aped tablet controller nobody wanted (even Nintendo seems at odds to support it in any meaningful way) and technology that can’t even outperform consoles from 2006. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]But truly, what I dislike most about Nintendo are its mind-numbing acolytes who lap up their shit with a spoon and call it chocolate pudding. People like you are borderline delusional and I’d be lying if I said that I’m not enjoying watching Nintendo and their shitty console get absolutely curb stomped by Sony and Microsoft because they deserve to be in last place.[/SIZE]
cnfn.png

Hahahaha. Hot damn. I mean, I agree the thing is overpriced but you clearly have some unresolved shit to work through.

It amuses me that you think the issue is money given that I own both the PS4 and XBONE.

Granted, Nintendo sycophants like you are generally among the most illogical creatures abound, even amidst the philistines and troglodytes of the Internet but regardless, your banal and emotionally-saturated defense of an indefensible company is heartwarming in a zealous, Jim-Jones-devotional sort of way.

As to the moniker of hater, my displeasure at Nintendo’s repeated nonsense is hardly an unfair response given how great the company and their products once were when contrasted with how shitty and utterly useless their consoles have become. From the outset the Wii U has been a shimmering example of mediocrity, replete with a feebly-aped tablet controller nobody wanted (even Nintendo seems at odds to support it in any meaningful way) and technology that can’t even outperform consoles from 2006.

But truly, what I dislike most about Nintendo are its mind-numbing acolytes who lap up their shit with a spoon and call it chocolate pudding. People like you are borderline delusional and I’d be lying if I said that I’m not enjoying watching Nintendo and their shitty console get absolutely curb stomped by Sony and Microsoft because they deserve to be in last place.
Change your fucking font damn I did not read any of that

you guys who want this released at $249 are crazy. Theres a good amount of value here. $299 would be better but $329 for system, 2 first-party games, gamepad, wii wheel and wiimote+ is not bad by any stretch.
This is the same bundle Nintendo has been selling for awhile except replacing Wind Waker/NSMBU with Mario Kart, raising the price by $30 and forcing a Wiimote on you. They have raised the entry price for an already failing system which is just baffling.

When Gamecube was struggling they cut the price. If they were serious about selling the Wii U to a large number of people this bundle would be $249. All most people are going to see when they go to the store is that the Wii U used to be $299 and now its $329 and they are gonna walk right past it.

I honestly just don't understand why you people who shit on the system waste your time talking about how shitty the deal or Nintendo is, when you can simply sit down and not buy it. Nintendo can take my money and my body

This is the same bundle Nintendo has been selling for awhile except replacing Wind Waker/NSMBU with Mario Kart, raising the price by $30 and forcing a Wiimote on you. They have raised the entry price for an already failing system which is just baffling.

When Gamecube was struggling they cut the price. If they were serious about selling the Wii U to a large number of people this bundle would be $249. All most people are going to see when they go to the store is that the Wii U used to be $299 and now its $329 and they are gonna walk right past it.
$329 is the MSRP, but retailers will most likely have it on sale for $299 or less shortly after.

Well e3 is a couple weeks after this bundle releases and I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a price drop then. Also if Nintendo doesn't drop the price I still think $329 is a fair price for this bundle.

I'm in the market for a Wii U right now, but I don't know if I'mma go for this one. The digital game has no value to me. I hate digital. Plus taking up space on my 32gb is pretty shitty.

I'm thinking of just getting the Zelda one and selling the code. Then again, that red wheel and Mario Wii-mote is nice.

So... pros and cons here:

Zelda Edition:

+ $30 Cheaper

+ Limited Edition Tablet Controller

Mario Edition:

+ Copy of Mario Kart 8

+ Red Wheel

+ Mario Wii-mote

- $30 More

I can't decide :(

I'm in the market for a Wii U right now, but I don't know if I'mma go for this one. The digital game has no value to me. I hate digital. Plus taking up space on my 32gb is pretty shitty.

I'm thinking of just getting the Zelda one and selling the code. Then again, that red wheel and Mario Wii-mote is nice.

So... pros and cons here:

Zelda Edition:

+ $30 Cheaper

+ Limited Edition Tablet Controller

Mario Edition:

+ Copy of Mario Kart 8

+ Red Wheel

+ Mario Wii-mote

- $30 More

I can't decide :(
Buy both help out nintendo :cool:

I am personally going to go with the NSMBu bundle when it hits 250 again and buy MK8 from Best buy for that 10 dollar gas card, but I really like the remote that comes with the zelda edition
Yea... it's pretty neat. That red wheel is cool, though, but not nearly as cool. Maybe they'll release that later?

I think I'm gonna stick with the Zelda console. I can sell the code here on CAG for like $25, I'm sure. That pretty much makes it even with the Mario Kart bundle, aside from the wheel.

...yea, I'm gonna do that.

I honestly just don't understand why you people who shit on the system waste your time talking about how shitty the deal or Nintendo is, when you can simply sit down and not buy it. Nintendo can take my money and my body
You should know from seeing me around I'm no Nintendo "hater". Just being realistic and want them to do well. When most people see this bundle in a store their eyes will immediately turn to the price. Doesn't matter if it has a packed-in game. All they will see is the price. I'm perfectly fine with Nintendo staying in their lane and doing what it is they do (love that about them), but the current value proposition just isn't competitive. You can't offer a fraction of the games, a fraction of the features, a fraction of the horsepower yet not charge a fraction of your competitor's price. It's lunacy. They've always seemed to understand this with past hardware so I don't know what's changed.

You should know from seeing me around I'm no Nintendo "hater". Just being realistic and want them to do well. When most people see this bundle in a store their eyes will immediately turn to the price. Doesn't matter if it has a packed-in game. All they will see is the price. I'm perfectly fine with Nintendo staying in their lane and doing what it is they do (love that about them), but the current value proposition just isn't competitive. You can't offer a fraction of the games, a fraction of the features, a fraction of the horsepower yet not charge a fraction of your competitor's price. It's lunacy. They've always seemed to understand this with past hardware so I don't know what's changed.
A fraction of the games? The Wii U is the only 8th gen home console out with games worth a damn right now, and the highest rated 8th gen game to boot. The features are pretty much on par, and as for the horsepower...where do people get this insane idea that there's a huge difference? There isn't. The PS4 and Xbone made one of the smallest jumps in power from their predecessors in gaming history. The Wii U is weaker, yes, but not by nearly as much as some people will try to make others believe.

Blind rage. Seriously, it's the same group of people, when you see a thread about Nintendo, you know you're going to see Blaster, Chimp and rcer among others in there shitting on it every time. I think someone in a Mario hat must have done some bad, bad things to them when they were young.

The important question is, how does Polygon rate it?

Oh shit, I'm crossing threads again, Egon warned me about-NOOOOOOOOO!

lol, I've had an Xbox One since day one and the only game I own for it is Killer instinct. I plan to eventually buy Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall, but I'm not dying to play either of them.

The Wii U's library literally shits on both the PS4's and the Xbox One's combined. SHITS on them. If it weren't for Killer Instinct, I'd have had a Wii U long ago and probably $600 worth of Wii U games that was, instead, spent on my Xbox One.

As for the PS4, I've been slowly trickling in credit at my local Mom 'n Pops by trading in old games I find at garage sales. The only exclusive game I'd be willing to spend more than $10 on for that system is Guilty Gear XRD, and that doesn't even have a release date yet AND it's going to be available on PS3.

lol, I've had an Xbox One since day one and the only game I own for it is Killer instinct. I plan to eventually buy Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall, but I'm not dying to play either of them.

The Wii U's library literally shits on both the PS4's and the Xbox One's combined. SHITS on them. If it weren't for Killer Instinct, I'd have had a Wii U long ago and probably $600 worth of Wii U games that was, instead, spent on my Xbox One.

As for the PS4, I've been slowly trickling in credit at my local Mom 'n Pops by trading in old games I find at garage sales. The only game I'd be willing to spend more than $10 on for that system is Guilty Gear XRD, and that doesn't even have a release date yet AND it's going to be available on PS3.
To be fair, the Wii U had a year jump on them. I've got about a dozen Wii U games and am very happy with them, but it started out slow as hell.

This is great news along with the free game promo. Seems like a great time to jump on a Wii U (or at least before SSB4).

A fraction of the games? The Wii U is the only 8th gen home console out with games worth a damn right now, and the highest rated 8th gen game to boot. The features are pretty much on par, and as for the horsepower...where do people get this insane idea that there's a huge difference? There isn't. The PS4 and Xbone made one of the smallest jumps in power from their predecessors in gaming history. The Wii U is weaker, yes, but not by nearly as much as some people will try to make others believe.
I've got no agenda here. I love Nintendo. Hell, people might even accuse me of being an apologist. But these are indisputable facts. The wii u is categorically weaker than PS4 and X1. Not even close. A layman can see this. Surely we're looking at the same specs.

With features, again, not comparable in the least bit. Be it the rudimentary account system and online infrastructure. Lack of blu ray playback. Limited media functions. No Cross-buy. No webstore queuing. No Live streaming. Not even a modern OS. Just simple shit people have come to expect on other platforms.

I will agree with you on the games. It currently has the strongest library (after being out a year longer, btw). But this library is almost exclusively propped up by Nintendo and and sees maybe 5 major releases a year. Third party support is also waning.

I say this not because I have a problem with any of it. I buy Nintendo machines to play Nintendo games. Always have. I also like Nintendo because it's something I can enjoy with my girlfriend or younger cousins. Great for get-togethers. And, sometimes I just don't want shoot or kill anything. It has awesome games - no denying. So I am perfectly pleased for what it is. I just don't see it ever doing well at this price point. The hardware is simply not worth it to most folks.

I've got no agenda here. I love Nintendo. Hell, people might even accuse me of being an apologist. But these are indisputable facts. The wii u is categorically weaker than PS4 and X1. Not even close. A layman can see this. Surely we're looking at the same specs.

With features, again, not comparable in the least bit. Be it the rudimentary account system and online infrastructure. Lack of blu ray playback. Limited media functions. No Cross-buy. No webstore queuing. No Live streaming. Not even a modern OS. Just simple shit people have come to expect on other platforms.

I will agree with you on the games. It currently has the strongest library (after being out a year longer, btw). But this library is almost exclusively propped up by Nintendo and and sees maybe 5 major releases a year. Third party support is also waning.

I say this not because I have a problem with any of it. I buy Nintendo machines to play Nintendo games. Always have. I also like Nintendo because it's something I can enjoy with my girlfriend and younger cousins. Great for get-togethers. And, sometimes I just don't want shoot or kill anything. It has awesome games - no denying. So I am perfectly pleased for what it is. I just don't see it ever doing well at this price point. The hardware is simply not worth it to most folks.
I am impressed, you are a very elaborate troll

I am impressed, you are a very elaborate troll
What the hell? How is any of what I wrote trolling? I'm sincerely frustrated they didn't aggressively price this bundle. I HOPE by some miracle it sells, but I don't see why something that hasn't been moving off shelves at ~300 will suddenly do so at 329.

Mario Kart is a system seller. They bundled Mario Kart with the Wii U at a discount. People are smart (coherent) enough to see that. It's a smart move by Nintendo.

It's not all about that extra $30 tacked on like you, mistakenly, think it is.

Mario Kart is a system seller. They bundled Mario Kart with the Wii U at a discount. People are smart (coherent) enough to see that. It's a smart move by Nintendo.

It's not all about that extra $30 tacked on like you, mistakenly, think it is.
I'm just offering a sincere opinion. Mario Kart has always done well for them so maybe I am underestimating it. I know I'm definitely picking one up now, but I'm also not a casual gamer...or a parent buying something for their kid. I really think a bundle at $250 would galvanize more people sitting on the fence. Consumers don't make purchases in a vacuum so it's naive to think comparisons aren't drawn between the wii u and ps4/x1. But I'll still hope for the best.

I'm just offering a sincere opinion. Mario Kart has always done well for them so maybe I am underestimating it. I know I'm definitely picking one up now, but I'm also not a casual gamer...or a parent buying something for their kid. I really think a bundle at $250 would galvanize more people sitting on the fence. Consumers don't make purchases in a vacuum so it's naive to think comparisons aren't drawn between the wii u and ps4/x1. But I'll still hope for the best.
This is definitely going to help sales a lot but how much? Who knows.

As some have stated upthread, I think the better deal is to buy A NSMBU console at a discount and get the game separately.

I would be MUCH more enthusiastic about doing so if I was able to choose from the full European list of 10 downloadable games as opposed to the rather anemic American stable of four.

I say this not because I have a problem with any of it. I buy Nintendo machines to play Nintendo games. Always have. I also like Nintendo because it's something I can enjoy with my girlfriend or younger cousins. Great for get-togethers. And, sometimes I just don't want shoot or kill anything. It has awesome games - no denying. So I am perfectly pleased for what it is. I just don't see it ever doing well at this price point. The hardware is simply not worth it to most folks.
I'm glad you admitted you were wrong on the count of the games, but to still persist about the "power" is beyond asinine. The PS4 and Xbone are about half of the jump in power that is traditionally made between generations. They're estimated to be between 3-5 times the power of the Wii U. If you look at any and all gaming history, that difference is minimal, it's not too far off the difference in power between the PS2 and the XBOX. But people will go nuts to exaggerate differences if only to comfort themselves with material with which to troll.

And regarding features, please wake me when Sony decides to catch up to the 90s by adding a simple wishlist feature to their archaic store. Or gets a video conferencing feature like the Wii U has. Or a simple and elegant OS, again like the Wii U has. Or has a low rate of hardware failure like the Wii U has. The flood of reports of broken PS4s from launch has certainly left their impression.

I get it, you either really dislike Nintendo (please, what troll doesn't try the "No, no, I really LOVE Nintendo!" routine?), or you really love one of the other two. Given that you aren't trashing either the Xbone or the PS4, I'd say it's a case of the former rather than the latter.

Either way, that simply doesn't belong in this topic. We're here to discuss this awesome deal and great game :) You can go back to "enjoying" Knack haha

I'm glad you admitted you were wrong on the count of the games, but to still persist about the "power" is beyond asinine. The PS4 and Xbone are about half of the jump in power that is traditionally made between generations. They're estimated to be between 3-5 times the power of the Wii U. If you look at any and all gaming history, that difference is minimal, it's not too far off the difference in power between the PS2 and the XBOX. But people will go nuts to exaggerate differences if only to comfort themselves with material with which to troll.

And regarding features, please wake me when Sony decides to catch up to the 90s by adding a simple wishlist feature to their archaic store. Or gets a video conferencing feature like the Wii U has. Or a simple and elegant OS, again like the Wii U has. Or has a low rate of hardware failure like the Wii U has. The flood of reports of broken PS4s from launch has certainly left their impression.

I get it, you either really dislike Nintendo (please, what troll doesn't try the "No, no, I really LOVE Nintendo!" routine?), or you really love one of the other two. Given that you aren't trashing either the Xbone or the PS4, I'd say it's a case of the former rather than the latter.

Either way, that simply doesn't belong in this topic. We're here to discuss this awesome deal and great game :) You can go back to "enjoying" Knack haha
beyond ignorant :wall:

WTF. Why can't we disagree without you qualifying my opinion as trolling? Grow the fuck up. I'm not having some idiotic debate about who the "bigger Nintendo" fan is. It's because of defensive cretins like you that I feel the need to even make the "I love Nintendo" disclaimer, but I no longer give a shit if you believe it.

Everything I've said about Wii U's hardware, features and library stands. You can deflect all you like but the facts remain. It's comparatively under-powered, has a weak third party forecast and lacks a feature set seen on most modern set top devices. Does that make it inherently a bad purchase? NO! I never said that. Again, I appreciate the Wii U for what it fucking is and will be buying one before Mario Kart releases. But I absolutely do not think it is worth what Nintendo has priced it at. That's what we do on this site...discuss value. I have just as much right to express my displeasure at this bundle's price as you do to be satisfied with it.

I spent the latter half of the very post you quoted extolling the values of Nintendo. READ, son. I don't have to think they're infallible to be a fan, and I sure as hell don't have to think every so-called "bundle" they put out is a gift to mankind. If it works for you, fantastic. In true CAG fashion I'll be seeking out what I think is the better deal.

Because they are dirty trolls who do this in every Nintendo thread. Haven't you noticed yet?

bread's done
Back