Mario & Luigi 3DS XL Limited Edition Bundle $180 Dec. 1-7 @ Walmart (Available Online)

wirtsleg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Silver-Mario-Luigi-Limited-Edition-Handheld/32372315

11igxau.jpg

muwhhv.jpg

h/t sd

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone try to get on this deal with the 20% coupon they were giving out this past week if you bought something? The coupon excludes PS4, XBONE and all video games. Unless video games includes everything games and all consoles. After work I think I will head out and try if it works it should come out to $145 plus taxes. 

Anyone try to get on this deal with the 20% coupon they were giving out this past week if you bought something? The coupon excludes PS4, XBONE and all video games. Unless video games includes everything games and all consoles. After work I think I will head out and try if it works it should come out to $145 plus taxes.
People reported that it works on the Wii U console, so it should work on the 3DS. Just know that if your planning to PM and use a coupon, policy states that it uses the price of whichever is lower. Not the combination of the two.

Can anyone confirm if the game is pre-installed or a download code?  I know the package says pre-installed but I'm holding out hope it's actually a code. Not interested in the game but I love the system's design.

Does anyone know how this would pan out for a system transfer? Since the game is preinstalled.

Happy with my Zelda XL, just curious.

People reported that it works on the Wii U console, so it should work on the 3DS. Just know that if your planning to PM and use a coupon, policy states that it uses the price of whichever is lower. Not the combination of the two.
Thanks for the info, so in this case they would only use the 20% coupon as it would come out to around $160 and not PM to $180 and then use 20% coupon for it to come out to $144 correct?

Thanks for the info, so in this case they would only use the 20% coupon as it would come out to around $160 and not PM to $180 and then use 20% coupon for it to come out to $144 correct?
According to the policy yes they do coupon first then PM. I wanted to try just to make sure... But!

I went to a Target near my work place just now, and the superviser was saying they are not doing PMs until tomorrow.

So I was like 'Well I guess I'm not even going to try then" =(

Has anyone used the 3DS transfer tool? I'm curious because the Nintendo shop doesn't quite work like the other systems. If my system dies it looks like I would have to rebuy the game since it's tied to the system and not my account. I checked online and that seems to be the case but I just wanted to clarify incase if I'm wrong.

According to the policy yes they do coupon first then PM. I wanted to try just to make sure... But!

I went to a Target near my work place just now, and the superviser was saying they are not doing PMs until tomorrow.

So I was like 'Well I guess I'm not even going to try then" =(
Thanks for that info... sucks that they said you couldn't price match until tomorrow.

I can confirm that I was able to PM and use the 20% coupon this morning at the customer service counter no problem.  It turned out to be about $150 after using my Red card.  I also bought a frozen turkey as a distraction.... :booty:

Interesting also: they had 8 Zelda XLs and had apparently restocked on the other XLs.  The person in electronics couldn't find the M&L bundle and she told me that someone put them out on BF but they pulled them at some point (wasn't in the place they expected).  I wonder if they actually sold any, I forgot to ask.

I can confirm that I was able to PM and use the 20% coupon this morning at the customer service counter no problem. It turned out to be about $150 after using my Red card. I also bought a frozen turkey as a distraction.... :booty:

Interesting also: they had 8 Zelda XLs and had apparently restocked on the other XLs. The person in electronics couldn't find the M&L bundle and she told me that someone put them out on BF but they pulled them at some point (wasn't in the place they expected). I wonder if they actually sold any, I forgot to ask.
So you were able to PM first and then use the 20% coupon? Damn where can I find some frozen turkeys!! lol

I know it's been said it can transfer buy can the game still be on the system if I transfer to this new XL and how would that work if move my SD card over?

So you were able to PM first and then use the 20% coupon? Damn where can I find some frozen turkeys!! lol
Yep, I asked for the PM (she confirmed the printout I had on their Ipad mini), had her ring up the 3ds and the turkey, then handed her the coupon. Most of the Targets around me now have grocery sections. The turkeys were on sale post-Thanksgiving (79cents/lb) so I figured I'd give it a try. If the PM didn't go through, I'd keep the 20% coupon for another day and my BB.com order I did last night when it went live for $180 as the DOTD.

I know it's been said it can transfer buy can the game still be on the system if I transfer to this new XL and how would that work if move my SD card over?
Yes. After the system transfer Mario & Luigi: Dream Team will be removed from the new system. (As the transfer literally replicates your old system 1:1 on the new one.) However, the game will be added to your downloads list on the eShop and it'll be a simple matter of re-downloading it.

Yes. After the system transfer Mario & Luigi: Dream Team will be removed from the new system. (As the transfer literally replicates your old system 1:1 on the new one.) However, the game will be added to your downloads list on the eShop and it'll be a simple matter of re-downloading it.
Hmm. That makes it more interesting. I just assumed a transfer would wipe out the game.

I think I'm going to stick with transferring my current content to the Zelda 3DSXL though. That's a good enough deal for me. Adding another system to the mix just makes it more complicated. Not really worth possible complications just for a digital game.

someone explain how they match the price of $179.99 if they use the coupon first bringing down the price to $160 before taxes? does Target do $160 - 20 for the difference between prices. I think it's easier to pm to $179.99 then do the 20% off coupon.

someone explain how they match the price of $179.99 if they use the coupon first bringing down the price to $160 before taxes? does Target do $160 - 20 for the difference between prices. I think it's easier to pm to $179.99 then do the 20% off coupon.
I explained the sequence in my earlier post which matches your conclusion. PM first, subtotal then give the coupon. I didn't pull out or mention the coupon until after she subtotaled. She then just scanned it and then I used my red card to get it to about $150 total incl. CA tax. I don't believe she read the fine print before she scanned it. So at least we know the POS doesn't disallow it. You just need to get the person to take it and it should work fine.

I don't know how much longer I can deal with Target.  Every store in my region has the XL Mario LE bundle in stock, but not on the floor.  I finally quizzed a manager who said the inventory site updates every 24 hours, but couldn't answer me when I asked why the site says in stock when it just got released today and none of the employees stocked the system this morning.

I take it people are finding these at Target?

Does someone have a link to the target 20% off info? Might get a regular XL if the 20% off works
It was a physical coupon given out on BF for >$75 purchases.

In hindsight, I should have split my two Zeldas into two purchases so I could have gotten 2 coupons. I was too excited to find two Zeldas at the time and forgot about the coupon until the cashier gave me one.

I don't know how much longer I can deal with Target. Every store in my region has the XL Mario LE bundle in stock, but not on the floor. I finally quizzed a manager who said the inventory site updates every 24 hours, but couldn't answer me when I asked why the site says in stock when it just got released today and none of the employees stocked the system this morning.

Got mine at Walmart... its $180...Best Buy also price matched WM and is $180 as well.

Got mine at Walmart... its $180...Best Buy also price matched WM and is $180 as well.
Thanks. I'm really trying to use the 20% off coupon I got on Black Friday + the Red card to get it for $150. I'll try BBY and WM as a fallback.

I don't know how much longer I can deal with Target. Every store in my region has the XL Mario LE bundle in stock, but not on the floor. I finally quizzed a manager who said the inventory site updates every 24 hours, but couldn't answer me when I asked why the site says in stock when it just got released today and none of the employees stocked the system this morning.

Target does take a while to put out new releases. Back in the spring during a B2G1, some of the new games I didn't see out until the week after the B2G1 ended! MHU arrived towards the end of the week in two shipments as well.

I doubt it's a case of employees hiding this as Target doesn't have a sale like what likely occurred with the Zelda bundle at most places

Target does take a while to put out new releases. Back in the spring during a B2G1, some of the new games I didn't see out until the week after the B2G1 ended! MHU arrived towards the end of the week in two shipments as well.

I doubt it's a case of employees hiding this as Target doesn't have a sale like what likely occurred with the Zelda bundle at most places
Yeah I doubt there's any hoarding going on, just a bunch of people who haven't a clue what's going on, which isn't their fault either.

Went to a Target with my BF coupon. Picked out two LEGO sets to buffer the purchase, then went to Electronics and grabbed one of the units. There were 8 in the case. The employee was super awesome, he actually did the price match himself instead of sending me to CS. He didn't give it a second thought when I presented the coupon.

Thanks CAGers.

can someone post a link on what they are using to price match at Target? I checled the Best Buy weekly flyer but the bundle isn't listed there? Should I just show them a link like on BB or Walmart showing the price or do they need a physical copy?

I explained the sequence in my earlier post which matches your conclusion. PM first, subtotal then give the coupon. I didn't pull out or mention the coupon until after she subtotaled. She then just scanned it and then I used my red card to get it to about $150 total incl. CA tax. I don't believe she read the fine print before she scanned it. So at least we know the POS doesn't disallow it. You just need to get the person to take it and it should work fine.
This also worked for me. Ymmv, so don't go in expecting it but it's possible.

I have been thinking about getting a 3ds for the pass couple of days now. I am not sure if it's right for me or if I should just wait longer for the wii u to drop in price some more? I miss out on the Black Friday Zelda bundle but do not want to pay 220 but I really love the design of the system. Then I almost bought the luigi blue one but would rather spend the extra 10 dollars for the bigger screen but in the end not sure if I want the Mario & luigi bundle for 179 or the Zelda for 220? Any help would be great guys

I have been thinking about getting a 3ds for the pass couple of days now. I am not sure if it's right for me or if I should just wait longer for the wii u to drop in price some more? I miss out on the Black Friday Zelda bundle but do not want to pay 220 but I really love the design of the system. Then I almost bought the luigi blue one but would rather spend the extra 10 dollars for the bigger screen but in the end not sure if I want the Mario & luigi bundle for 179 or the Zelda for 220? Any help would be great guys
It depends. The 3DS definitely has more support in terms of games right now. Lots of RPG's, Strategy games, Pokemon, etc. That being said, I also love my Wii U. I never had the chance to play Wind Waker, so i've been enjoying the HD remake a lot. Last year's Mario game was GREAT and this year's 3D World is even better. The Wii U Zelda or Mario bundle have been $250 a lot lately.

Definitely go for the 3DS XL if you decide on the 3DS though :) I like the simple coloring of the Mario bundle better, as I'm not a big fan of a gold handheld.

Get the Mario and Luigi one.   Don't worry about these being limited, because they are both easily available online, and you are saving  $50 with this one.  Use the code about to get the additional 10% but you have to use your cell phone/iPad. 

Just a FYI, but this is also available at Newegg for $180 at the moment. If you have a phone / tablet, you can use the Newegg App and get 5% off with code MBLCM10. Brings it down to $171 with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100151
good looking out! ive been holding off on a 3DS for ever now but man, $171 with a free game is really hard to pass up the time is now. RIP bank account ive only just spent around $560 on my PS4 with games, whats another $171 right?

I also like the looks of this over the gold Zelda XL (which is a a little too gaudy looking) Plus, I never really cared for the overhead perspective Zelda games

Is it possible that best buy stores might not have inventory yet?

For whatever reason I placed two orders Sunday evening for in-store pick up and both are sitting as "processing" (two different items; M&L 3DS XL and 32GB SD Card) and typically my orders are processed before the store even opens. We did have a snow storm here most of last night and today.

I guess I'll have to call tomorrow but now I'm afraid its possible that I won't get the bonus $10 promo codes for the order because even though the order was placed today it wasn't finalized today.

Is it possible that best buy stores might not have inventory yet?

For whatever reason I placed two orders Sunday evening for in-store pick up and both are sitting as "processing" (two different items; M&L 3DS XL and 32GB SD Card) and typically my orders are processed before the store even opens. We did have a snow storm here most of last night and today.

I guess I'll have to call tomorrow but now I'm afraid its possible that I won't get the bonus $10 promo codes for the order because even though the order was placed today it wasn't finalized today.
Well, my Target had stock on BF since they actually put them in the $150 bins. I wouldn't see why BB has none.

Depends on the BB store.

I personally stocked my store in South Florida with the Mario and Luigi bundle this morning. We have had them in the back for at least a week if not more. We also received a second shipment of the Zelda XL's if anyone is looking for that. 

well just placed my order for the M & L 3ds from best buy  and some blu rays and made it over the 200 dollar mark.  So i hope i am able to get the promo and looking forward to getting back to playing some nintendo again.  

Went to a Target with my BF coupon. Picked out two LEGO sets to buffer the purchase, then went to Electronics and grabbed one of the units. There were 8 in the case. The employee was super awesome, he actually did the price match himself instead of sending me to CS. He didn't give it a second thought when I presented the coupon.

Thanks CAGers.
Wait, are you saying that they did the price match AND allowed you to use the 20% OFF coupon? That is not their policy. What was the final price of the Mario & Luigi XL bundle then? Can you post a pic of your sales receipt as proof?

Also, when doing a PROPER price match, the registers at Target's electronics dept. does not have the button to do it! That's why it has to be done at customer service. Look, I'm not saying that you're FULL OF SHIT, but you'd be a lot more believable if you could post an image of your receipt.

Never going to happen at either TRU or WM without the best of luck.

Once a PM is initiated at TRU any promotions tied to an item get dropped. So you can PM the console to $179.xx but the free game will no longer be attached so therefore Star Fox would ring up at whatever retail is. You would need an override to get it for free. Very unlikely.

WM would be even less likely because they are strict and are going to see that the console is more expensive at TRU.
I'm not entirely sure if they're supposed to do this or not, but I was able to.

Wait, are you saying that they did the price match AND allowed you to use the 20% OFF coupon? That is not their policy. What was the final price of the Mario & Luigi XL bundle then? Can you post a pic of your sales receipt as proof?

Also, when doing a PROPER price match, the registers at Target's electronics dept. does not have the button to do it! That's why it has to be done at customer service. Look, I'm not saying that you're FULL OF SHIT, but you'd be a lot more believable if you could post an image of your receipt.
true registers at electronics cant do price match. but we can change the price manually for several reasons. a twenty dollar price match is nothing. heck our "damage discount" we can give is ten percent. the employee was probably just saving him the hassle of going all the way to guest service

I'm going to be doing my Christmas shopping and if I have enough after that, I'm in for this. My wife works there so I get 10% off and I still have the $10 credit from that whole wm.com fiasco. Should make it worthwhile to me.

But do I really need to just be collecting these things? I have 3 XLs already lol

bread's done
Back