Mario & Luigi Dream Team (3DS) Pre-order $29.99 at Fry's

Ordered from Frys yesterday.  got the backorder message overnight.  

I called best buy this morning and the person I got matched the price. She even made sure that I was aware that this was pre-order.

I've cancelled my order with Frys, The total after taxes actually saved me almost 50 cents going with best buy vs Frys

Did you just order and fill out the price match form?
I previously pre-ordered this with a $6 off promotion from NewEgg.

So I went to the customer support chat and told the rep about the price at Frys (gave them the link)

He then said it would be price matched, but I don't get the $6 off promotion ontop of it. So it's $29.99.

Called Best Buy rep last night and was told that they could not price match pre-orders.  I called again today, and a gentleman priced matched it for me.  He even made sure I understood it was a pre-order.  Saved me on the frys.com shipping price.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Buy order already shipped, which is kind of cool.
Same here, just got email saying it shipped... cant track it though, so maybe they are just getting the info into the system and will actually drop it off/have it picked up thursday or friday for Monday's arrival :/

Same here, just got email saying it shipped... cant track it though, so maybe they are just getting the info into the system and will actually drop it off/have it picked up thursday or friday for Monday's arrival :/
I received the shipping message about 2 hours after getting off of the phone with BB. I'm assuming this is going to be like every other package that UPS delivers to my house. It will be at the local sort facility on Friday morning, sit there all weekend and be delivered on Monday.

Called Bestbuy's help line, only took about 5 minutes to provide my info and set it so I can pickup in store.  I live nowhere near a Fry's and the tax + shipping would have killed that day anyway, plus I get it on Sunday!  Thanks so much for the help in this thread, never would have thought to price match at Best Buy, you guys rock!

The game has been out everywhere else for like a month now, so maybe Nintendo is not being too restrictive on "DO NOT SELL BEFORE XX" policies...

Release date(s)

EU July 12, 2013
AU July 13, 2013
JP July 18, 2013
NA August 11, 2013

I got newegg to price match this. They have the iron egg guarantee. Since newegg had free shipping, turned out to be a better deal
how did you manage this? i inquired via chat & was told that they cannot price match competitors. I even asked that I am not requesting to stack on top of the 6 dollars i already had on it. Did you order it within the iron egg time frame or did you simply get lucky? i'guessing the latter as that's the typical reply however i'm also guessing that you pre-oredered at regualr price considering that promo code didn't last That long for the $6 off.

So I went to the customer support chat and told the rep about the price at Frys (gave them the link)

He then said it would be price matched, but I don't get the $6 off promotion ontop of it. So it's $29.99.
Ah thanks. I'm guessing that purchasing and then filling out the form should work too, then.

how did you manage this? i inquired via chat & was told that they cannot price match competitors. I even asked that I am not requesting to stack on top of the 6 dollars i already had on it. Did you order it within the iron egg time frame or did you simply get lucky? i'guessing the latter as that's the typical reply however i'm also guessing that you pre-oredered at regualr price considering that promo code didn't last That long for the $6 off.
I was looking over their policy earlier, and it appears to be in the Iron Egg time frame and it says they price match Frys.

Do NOT mention pre order. Maybe that will help.

This is what I had said, "I want to purchase a 3Ds game for in store pick up, but Frys.com has it for cheaper." It was a done deal after that.
I just got done pricematching it for store pick up and had no problem at all. In fact, I even read it word for word. XD

It couldn't have been easier. Thanks! :D

Tracking number issued yesterday (24 hours ago) still unable to be tracked, so as I said before, it was probably just put in the system and the actual package wont leave BestBuy warehouse until tomorrow (friday) for Monday's arrival.

You simply copy pasted what you wrote before. This did Not work. I also tried calling best buy & made no mention of pre-order however once the rep got to check out on best buy site, she said it was a pre-order & i informed I was unaware of this & she could not proceed. fuck this 5 time calling get lucky nonsense. i don't see how you guys do this shit. I much rather use my credit killer is dead than use it all on this. not only that the rep on new egg simply provided me the form to fill out for the price match & said it would take 1-2 business days but you still have to pay full price & would be refunded the difference if approved.

I was able to PM over the phone at BB when I got home from work earlier today.  Got it on the first try and it took about 5 minutes.  Thanks to the poster who let us know about it.

@N4M3LE5S

You either get lucky or you don't. Since you will have zero chance (well next to zero) in store, this is really your only opportunity.

You may get lucky and FRYs may not update the price on Sunday and be able to pick it up. Also, if it helps, my rep was called Owen. (Dunno if that is their real name, lol).

Anyone gotten their's yet? Mine is still untrackable by the tracking # BestBuy provided 3 days ago.

Anyone gotten their's yet? Mine is still untrackable by the tracking # BestBuy provided 3 days ago.
I got mine today after ordering yesterday (came from OH to PA). So they did actually ship them. Also I am RZ Silver so I got free expedited shipping.

Just my luck, calling the Premier Silver and I get a guy who sounds like a stereotypical stoner. He keeps using the phrase "Blown my mind" and other dumb crap. Eventually said he couldnt PM because its a pre-order, I'll just try later

i would not belive anything a best buy 800 line person tells you..  i was told due to a mishap a  gift card would be mailed to me on july 29  wait  10 days to get it.. call up today  saying never got it.  Im now told the gift card was never mailed till  AUG  8 and wait till the 20th to get it.. (i say i never get it) i had to file a complant  with the BBB the last time before i got the gift card...

ALSO those with gamefly and with them for a year.. they should have this TOMORROW   to KEEP  at     31.49 i have a 5 buck code that expires tomorrow ...

would knock it down to 26.49

though i will probally just let the 5 buck coupon expire...  dont think its even worth  27

Smart, how? I pm'ed when it said that.
It does make it harder for PMs in general. First thing for PMs are generally checking the price of the competitor. Sure if the person doing the PM is lazy and take your word for it, of course it's in your favor.

Ugh -_-, now lady is saying since they charge for shipping she might not be able to PM. If this fails again, I'll just pass on the game for now

And now shes trying to sell me on computers and other crappy deals of the day...

And I give up. 3rd time says she won't price match unless it shows on the main page the actual price

Mine is finally trackable.. expected deliveriy date is 8/15, its shipping from tennesee... wtf best buy :/

Nothing at my local TRUs.  Games that I wold consider, all OOS or not carried at the store.  Feels like TRU are pulling a con to get people to go in the store.

^ Same. Sifted through the whole slew of $10-$20 selection on their website, absolutely not worth cancelling my Fry's preorder... Which happens to be backordered. Well I can wait a few days anyway.

If anyone else got denied a PM at BB through customer CS, it might be worth checking your email. I got a satisfaction survey from them the next day, filled it out and ended up getting a call this morning where the guy confirmed they should have PMed it and just gave me the difference in RZ points.

Fry's finally shipped yesterday. Partial backorder wasn't so bad...took an extra day but saving the $10 was worth it. 

Fry's finally shipped yesterday. Partial backorder wasn't so bad...took an extra day but saving the $10 was worth it.
Im still waiting for my BestBuy copy that shipped last friday.... tracking still shows its in TN.... wtf bestbuy :/

bread's done
Back