Mariokart Wii Console Bundle $149.99, Zelda TP, Wiisports, Brawl $19.99 MAY 15th(ish)

I'll definitely bite on SSBB! I haven't pulled the trigger because of it's absurd high end price.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Will be a good deal, but kinda odd they would bundle Mario Kart over Wii Sports (?)[/QUOTE]

Not really. WSR is way better anyway.

Didn't say either was better, but Wii sports was the reason most people got a Wii in the first place that didn't game.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Will be a good deal, but kinda odd they would bundle Mario Kart over Wii Sports (?)[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with Mario Kart? :hot:

[quote name='rpgfan']What's wrong with Mario Kart? :hot:[/QUOTE]

Didn't say either was better, but Wii sports was the reason most people got a Wii in the first place that didn't game.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Didn't say either was better, but Wii sports was the reason most people got a Wii in the first place that didn't game.[/QUOTE]

Wii sports is a cheap version of EA Active 2...:booty:

Wow, nice find. This drops into my price range :) I used to have a wii but had to let it go under strenuous circumstances, would be nice to have one again, especially with 20 dollar GOOD titles on that list...

Looking forward to this, especially if it's more than a "rumor" and they release other quality titles within a month or two =D

question.. i dont want a 'greatest hits' type of packaging. So what would be the best way to get this and still wind up with the original packaging? Should i go to a store that carries it like gamestop or target and buy a copy now? Then return/rebuy it in a couple weeks when the price drops? Im assuming they're the same UPC and everything, right?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Didn't say either was better, but Wii sports was the reason most people got a Wii in the first place that didn't game.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it will have the same contents on the wii that it has now, just bundled with a copy of mario kart.

Hope they add Mario Strikers to the budget line

[quote name='Monsta Mack']... Wii sports was the reason most people got a Wii in the first place that didn't game.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the whole point. They've gone as far a they can with casuals. This bundle is more for gamers, kinda like the red Wii bundle that was sold over the holidays

Hold it! I'm confused, is it Wii Sports or Wii Sports Resort with the Mario Kart Wii bundle? I thought it was a typographical error on that Kotaku article.

It would make more sense to bundle Wii Sports instead of Resort to get consumers to buy Wii Sports Resort. If it is really Mario Kart Wii and Resort, I'll get Sports cheaper from somewhere.

Definitely jumping on this $150 Mario Kart Wii bundle since I missed the red wii New Super Mario Wii bundle.

Wii Sports Resort will come with the bundle. So will Mario Kart Wii...with the Wheel I'm assuming.

Wii Sports will now become its' own retail copy.

[quote name='Kenshindono']question.. i dont want a 'greatest hits' type of packaging. So what would be the best way to get this and still wind up with the original packaging? Should i go to a store that carries it like gamestop or target and buy a copy now? Then return/rebuy it in a couple weeks when the price drops? Im assuming they're the same UPC and everything, right?[/QUOTE]
wii games have greatest hits packaging? i've never seen one, they're usually all the same. i think that's only for ps/xbox

Wii Sports was the perfect "gimmick" game for launch. It did a nice job of being easily accessible to anyone, including non-gamers and gave a nice variety of taste to what you could expect from the Wii, where Mario Kart is just a go-kart racer.

Now, with Nintendo abandoning the Wii for their next system, they must assume if you haven't played a Wii yet, or don't know what one is, you never will - so away with the "gimmick" tech demo type game - and onto one that may help sell a few more Systems.

About g*d d*m freakin' time. "Wii Select" actually works for me.

Would like to point out - THIS IS ALL RUMOUR AND SPECULATION - and NOA said they don't comment on rumour and speculation.

Can't wait to see how ugly the art will be for these games...

And aren't we jumping the gun a bit with posting a rumored "deal?" Not that I really doubt it personally since E3 is right around the corner and this would be the time to do price drops, but it could end up not being true.

what's up with the trade-in value @ Amazon for Zelda TP? Amazon as a seller has it at $45 but the TIV (Wii) is only $14? I thought just recently it was around $20. And yes, I know it fluctuates.

What's going to be the best place to offload a copy? I never finished and I give up.

[quote name='rjejr']Maybe THEY read Kotaku?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing Amazon doesn't need to read sites such as Kotaku to get advance warning on price drops. :D

1.jpg

I'm curious as to what the Brawl one will look like on the back, seeing how they promoted Snake and Sonic.

[quote name='Kenshindono']question.. i dont want a 'greatest hits' type of packaging. So what would be the best way to get this and still wind up with the original packaging? Should i go to a store that carries it like gamestop or target and buy a copy now? Then return/rebuy it in a couple weeks when the price drops? Im assuming they're the same UPC and everything, right?[/QUOTE]

It would still be on the discs, and the discs themselves will be the most up-to-date versions with all the major glitches removed.

Believe it or not, there was also a revision of Wii Sports-

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186830

so there definitely is new packaging. Anyone know if my question earlier would work? I do NOT want this horrible new packaging. Could i just buy a new copy ( i just want twilight princess and smash bros) at either Gamestop or walamrt or something, then return and rebuy it on the 15th when the price drops? I dont see why that wouldn't work if i dont open it. Only thing is i dont know if you can return and rebuy the item on the spot at those stores

I just am trying to figure out how to get the regular packaging instead of this horrid greatest hits packaging.

the boxart isnt THAT bad I guess.... I really imagined some horrid, ugly yet minimalistic white bar that said "Wii Selects" on the top. Thankfully its not that. There are also some pictures of the console box:

Coming in black and white: (only showing the black box though)
5_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10_11_12_13_14_15_16_17_18_19_20_21_22_23_24_25_26_27_28_29.jpg

7_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10_11_12_13.jpg

Great news for those who don't have those games. Sucks for me, I just recently bought Twilight Princess for more than 20 bucks.....I had given up hope that nintendo was going to do a player's choice line of some sort. It's quite late in the game. Wish they would have done this sooner.

[quote name='rjejr']About g*d d*m freakin' time. "Wii Select" actually works for me.

Would like to point out - THIS IS ALL RUMOUR AND SPECULATION - and NOA said they don't comment on rumour and speculation.[/QUOTE]

If it was a rumor I would have posted "RUMOR" in the heading. I only post confirmed deals.

;)

Most likely in for all. Will be mad if they have an awesome limited edition for Zelda 25th anniversary though!

If it means anything to those who are set on this only being a rumor, Best Buy already took down Brawl from their $30 trade in list, and is not to be found on the $20 list either. I should have went to trade it in first thing this morning...

[quote name='Antipodes']Most likely in for all. Will be mad if they have an awesome limited edition for Zelda 25th anniversary though![/QUOTE]

They released Wii editions of a few gamecube games so I'm sure we'll see HD editions of some of these games on the Wii HD or whatever they call it.

[quote name='bigredvan14']If it means anything to those who are set on this only being a rumor, Best Buy already took down Brawl from their $30 trade in list, and is not to be found on the $20 list either. I should have went to trade it in first thing this morning...[/QUOTE]

It's not on the list, but it's still showing $30 when I looked it up.

[quote name='KemperJones']It's not on the list, but it's still showing $30 when I looked it up.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap, thanks. I didn't even think about checking the actual estimator. Off I run then before it happens...

[quote name='bigredvan14']Oh snap, thanks. I didn't even think about checking the actual estimator. Off I run then before it happens...[/QUOTE]

I'm contemplating doing the trade-in myself, and rebuying when it's cheaper. However, when you factor in tax, it's only a ~$7 gain. I also don't think my kids will be OK with not having it for a few weeks. It's the main game we play together.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']About time to finally get Super Sluggers. Mainly want it for the playable K. Rool.[/QUOTE]

Hear hear!

[quote name='Kenshindono']so there definitely is new packaging. Anyone know if my question earlier would work? I do NOT want this horrible new packaging. Could i just buy a new copy ( i just want twilight princess and smash bros) at either Gamestop or walamrt or something, then return and rebuy it on the 15th when the price drops? I dont see why that wouldn't work if i dont open it. Only thing is i dont know if you can return and rebuy the item on the spot at those stores

I just am trying to figure out how to get the regular packaging instead of this horrid greatest hits packaging.[/QUOTE]

The UPC numbers have to be the same. Since these are essentially GOTY edition-like boxarts, the UPC numbers are guaranteed to be different.

Also, a Player's Choice title is considered worth less compared to the originals, and the people working in retail will easily see the difference via the boxart.

[quote name='KemperJones']I'm contemplating doing the trade-in myself, and rebuying when it's cheaper. However, when you factor in tax, it's only a ~$7 gain. I also don't think my kids will be OK with not having it for a few weeks. It's the main game we play together.[/QUOTE]

If you and your family still actively play it, then it definitely wouldn't be worth it to waste your time. I sometimes go months between playing, and that's only when I have friends over. I figure I'd get the most out of it now while I still can, and re-buy it if I need to down the road.

Same with trading in RDR last week. I saw it was $30 still, but I knew it couldn't be long before it dropped with the inevitable GOTY edition. Sure enough, it dropped days later. I'll get the standard edition down the road, or even rent / buy it used, if I ever want to play it again.

[quote name='Karkian']They released Wii editions of a few gamecube games so I'm sure we'll see HD editions of some of these games on the Wii HD or whatever they call it.[/QUOTE]

I'll get their next console too when it comes out, but that isn't for another year.

bread's done
Back