Mariokart Wii Console Bundle $149.99, Zelda TP, Wiisports, Brawl $19.99 MAY 15th(ish)

[quote name='Antipodes']I'll get their next console too when it comes out, but that isn't for another year.[/QUOTE]
Actually if you follow the pattern, Nintendo releases a new console (NOT handheld) every 5 years. You can be sure to expect Wii 2 or whatever it'll be called this november.

[quote name='imacgod']Will these be like the GameCube Player's Choice games and not include the Club Nintendo registration?[/QUOTE]

Ummm no GameCube title included Club Nintendo registrations...

Some had MyNintendo Registration cards, but even the Player's Choice versions had these. Hell, Smash Bros. Melee got a MyNintendo registration put into it when it was re-issued as Player's Choice...

[quote name='UncleBob']Ummm no GameCube title included Club Nintendo registrations...

Some had MyNintendo Registration cards, but even the Player's Choice versions had these. Hell, Smash Bros. Melee got a MyNintendo registration put into it when it was re-issued as Player's Choice...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I meant. The My Nintendo thing. Maybe you're right. I just vaguely remember my games not having them, but I suppose I could be wrong.

Most of the titles that ended up re-released as part of the Player's Choice line-up on the GameCube were titles that were originally released before the introduction of MyNintendo.

AFAIK, the only title released before MyNintendo that Nintendo went in and put MyNintendo registrations into was Smash Bros.

After a wee bit of research, this appears to be the list of Post-MyNintendo releases that supposedly had a US release under the Player's Choice banner. I say supposedly, because I don't personally recall ever seeing a PC release of Double Dash...

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Mario Kart: Double Dash‼
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Pikmin 2
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
Star Fox: Assault
Super Mario Strikers
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

The only one of these titles that I have that's also Player's Choice is Paper Mario, and it came with a registration code, FWIW...

Last edited by a moderator:
as far as those who asked about buying now. It should be fine. They arent going to sell black label versions for a higher price than the players choice. Its basically the new MSRP, so just buy it now and price adjust it later.

[quote name='Nintendonly']The UPC numbers have to be the same. Since these are essentially GOTY edition-like boxarts, the UPC numbers are guaranteed to be different.

Also, a Player's Choice title is considered worth less compared to the originals, and the people working in retail will easily see the difference via the boxart.[/QUOTE]

I dont think you guys are understanding what im saying. Im saying would it work to buy a current regular edition now, then just take it back after the 15th when the price change accours and return rebuy it on the spot to get the new price! Im not sure if retailers can do that or if they put it back on the shelf or what. I just am trying to figure out a way to guarentee a copy of the original packaging/game at the new price

[quote name='Kenshindono']I dont think you guys are understanding what im saying. Im saying would it work to buy a current regular edition now, then just take it back after the 15th when the price change accours and return rebuy it on the spot to get the new price! Im not sure if retailers can do that or if they put it back on the shelf or what. I just am trying to figure out a way to guarentee a copy of the original packaging/game at the new price[/QUOTE]

I doubt the skus would change, but u could always track down a players choice GCN game and ccompare it to it's original and see what nintendos track record is. Pretty sure Sony kept the same skus when they move a title into greatest hits.

One thing to keep mind of is a limited return window. If players choice 2.0 or nintendo limited etc, isnt announced within your return policy window you're going to be stuck returning it or if u forget to return it, owning a high priced copy.

[quote name='CaoPi']so the $150 bundle will come with extra mario kart and Zelda? If so I'm in![/QUOTE]

Woah there buddy. Just Mario Kart (and looks like an exclusive Black wheel for the black bundle).

If it came with those two games, I think people would just buy Wii bundles instead of buying those two games separately. :lol:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Will be a good deal, but kinda odd they would bundle Mario Kart over Wii Sports (?)[/QUOTE]

I agree, but then I remembered the Amazon sales charts: Mario Kart DS is consistently in the top 10 video game deals sold by Amazon. I have no idea how/why that game is still selling so well...

It's not that Nintendo is abandoning the casuals so much as they see a gold mine where there's a gold mine!

Sounds to me like bundling Mario Kart is the most sure-fire way to move consoles. :roll: Kids love it?

[quote name='Magikarp830']I agree, but then I remembered the Amazon sales charts: Mario Kart DS is consistently in the top 10 video game deals sold by Amazon. I have no idea how/why that game is still selling so well...

It's not that Nintendo is abandoning the casuals so much as they see a gold mine where there's a gold mine!

Sounds to me like bundling Mario Kart is the most sure-fire way to move consoles. :roll: Kids love it?[/QUOTE]

An insane 27 million copies sold.

Blech...hate reading kotaku now. Anyhow, can't believe it took this long. Surprised there are those that don't own Brawl yet. I've played the hell out of the game since its release. at least 300-400 hours for sure (especially when visiting family/bro at college).

I can't believe they're starting this line up with such a minimal selection. I might need to think about Zelda: TP at that price now. I wish they'd throw the Pokemon Wii game into the bunch.

Wow, ugly red PS Greatest Hits color boxes? Seriosuly, PS colors? Who approved that?

Looks like Resort is out of the package as well. Still a good deal but not as good.

Thanks for the links, looks "real' real now.

Glad I didn't trade in Brawl yesterday.

Ya know, the more I think about it, people - ie non-gaming adults - bought Wii for Sports. So now it's $150 plus an extra $20 for Sports = $170. Which is what it cost now with Resort. So not a huge deal afterall? Hardly even a price cut really, just less in the box for less money. Good deal for those who want Mario Kart - great game - but don't have a Wii, I suppose.

[quote name='Karkian']They released Wii editions of a few gamecube games so I'm sure we'll see HD editions of some of these games on the Wii HD or whatever they call it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how many games will be re-released on the Wii2, but I'm sure they'll all have HD in the name. Super Mario World HD, Mario Kart HD, Super Smash Brothers HD, Zelda HD, Metroid HD, etc.

So far what I've seen, the Nintendo select games to be less than $20:
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Mario Super Sluggers
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wii Sports

I'd like to see:
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy

I see no mention of Brawl being a Nintendo Select anywhere else but Kotaku. Can anyone confirm? I'm not sure if I should sell it or not. (I would sell and re-buy for cheaper eventually)

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']If it was a rumor I would have posted "RUMOR" in the heading. I only post confirmed deals.

;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but the article you linked to - which I'm glad you posted - started with this sentence:

"Nintendo will drop the price of the Wii to $149 in North America this month, according to details forwarded to Kotaku by retail sources."

And ended with this sentence:

"Contacted for confirmation on "Nintendo Selects" and the Wii's price drop plans, Nintendo of America reps reminded us that "Nintendo does not comment on rumors or speculation."

Nintendo claimed it was rumors and speculation, and retail "sources" doesn't strike me as legitimate confirmation.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to my Wii Select (I mean Nintendo Select) $19.99 copy of SSBB, which I know must be coming out - despite all the photos and news to the contrary - b/c "I only post confirmed deals".

In summary, until Nintendo "confirmed" it, which was after my original post, I don't believe it was 100% confirmed. Maybe my choice of "rumor" was inaccurate as well. How about - "talk of" "suspicions" "leaks" "suggestions"

I hope the Wii Select line won't stop at being 4-5 games. Lots of other ones I'd like to get like Super Paper Mario and Punch-out.

[quote name='Envel']I see no mention of Brawl being a Nintendo Select anywhere else but Kotaku. Can anyone confirm? I'm not sure if I should sell it or not. (I would sell and re-buy for cheaper eventually)[/QUOTE]

You're right, I hope it is included or Resort with the Mario Kart Wii bundle. Joystiq is the only place I saw Wii Sports being packaged separately. Might get that game used, doesn't seem worth it.

[quote name='Izod517']I have 100% confirmation Brawl is not included in the Selects line.[/QUOTE]

Probably not in the first wave, but it was specifically mentioned in the initial kotalu article. I'm sure after e3 itll get announced or added.

[quote name='Izod517']I have 100% confirmation Brawl is not included in the Selects line.[/QUOTE]
Figures. The one Nintendo game I actually want, and Nintendo sees fit to match my cheapassness.

Curses...I check the Best Buy Trade-In price of Brawl this morning before heading to work, it's still $30. I go to Best Buy on my lunch break to trade it, and in those 2.5 hours, the website's price has changed to $11 due to the sudden barrage of trade-ins.

But if Brawl isn't going to be in the initial wave of discount titles anyways, maybe it's for the better that I keep it for now.

mehh, shitty animal crossing, wii play, and mario sluggers. This is full of FAIL.

Brawl better be there on the 2nd wave, but i'm pretty sure they'll include wii sports, wii music, wii party, and those shitty games

bread's done
Back