Marten's CONTEST CLOSED! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

I just set up the two computers in my room that are online to fold 24/7 for this. I'll ask my three roomates to do the same with theirs.

I wonder if I can persuade my former proffessor and advisor to let me use the art department computer lab for this....

[quote name='prmononoke']Will your PSN name automatically show up on the stats page? If that isn't the case, I couldn't find anything about signing up.[/quote]

Bring up the menu in folding at home and go to identity. Your name and team number should be under there.

[quote name='Mars10']Bring up the menu in folding at home and go to identity. Your name and team number should be under there.[/quote]
Thanks.

Wow, I really wish I had known this before. I was identified as PS3. My folding has been wasted. :cry:

It appears my name isn't showing up in the list, marten. Does it take a while to update?

And do frames= points? i'm a bit confused.

Wait, does this end on 9/27 or 9/24??
You say the end is on the 27th but you repeatedly say "4 days" and mention Monday as when the winners will be drawn. So which is it?

[quote name='mguiddy']Wait, does this end on 9/27 or 9/24??
You say the end is on the 27th but you repeatedly say "4 days" and mention Monday as when the winners will be drawn. So which is it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Marten']The end: Seven days from now. Thursday (9/27) at 6pm PST.[/QUOTE]

Seems clear to me.

[quote name='chakan']Seems clear to me.[/quote]
But what about

[quote name='marten']

The catch: You have to compete with me. I'll have three PS3's running 24/7 for the full 4 days. I'll be entered into this contest as well.

The tally: I'll be taking screenshots off of http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=56566 at 6pm PST today, and on Monday. Points will be calculated by myself.

The twist: At the end of the four days, all the entries will go into a hat (yes, a hat), and I'll draw a couple of winners. The twist is this: I'll be drawing first prize first. If I happen to pull MY name out of the hat instead of another member on THIS PRIZE ONLY, the prizes immediately change. I take all the pieces of paper out of the hat with my name, and we redraw.

[/quote]
Bolded and increased font size for emphasis.

[quote name='mguiddy']But what about

Bolded and increased font size for emphasis.[/quote]

Fixed. Sorry for the confusion on that. I ended up running it for the 7 days because of all the complaints of the amount of time to complete a WU.

Yeah, I gave up. Wasn't worth running up my electric bill and I don't like to leave my PC runing for days at a time. Nice contest and all, but i'm out.

Do you have prizes for greenhouse effect, with all of those ps3's running that it a lot of power be consumed. I will turn my 3 ps3 on and give you a run for your money.

[quote name='dmes65']Do you have prizes for greenhouse effect, with all of those ps3's running that it a lot of power be consumed. I will turn my 3 ps3 on and give you a run for your money.[/quote]

I welcome the challenge, sir :applause:

Small update: As of right now, we're sitting at a little over 71k points since Thursday. That translates roughly (low ballpark estimate) into 142 entries so far. Out of those, I'm accounting for roughly 5500 points so far, so 11 entries for myself.

Not a bad percentage breakdown so far...and that isn't accounting for all the people with

I'm not quite sure I fully understand the idea of it all, but I'm in too... A PS3 would be amazing. *_* Though tough to score... I'm easily pleased though with just points... So hard to win contests haha.

Well...Ill do it, butnot for long. The bill lats month was insane (although it may be just the A/C...who knows). Ive set this on my PS3 and my computer, along with my sister's while she is out of town. I may be able to get 3 more computers of my fathers up and running this and then maybe my mothers.

Yeah...the billl will skyrocket this month :(

[quote name='shnizzle66']Well...Ill do it, butnot for long. The bill lats month was insane (although it may be just the A/C...who knows).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I stopped folding as soon as I got my latest electric bill, but like you, it may have just been the AC. I figure I'll start up again for the contest and see how this month's bill is.

My PS3 likes to fold.... currently no.3 on the CAG folding team.

Thanks to Marten for holding this awesome contest and encouraging participation in the folding program.

also, kudos to Sony for building the PS3 that doesn't die, unlike my multiple 360's I've had over time. My PS3 has been folding almost 24/7 since the program became available and it hasn't frozen up once. Now, if only Sony could release some games that might entice me to actually play on my PS3.

sinigord/BugEyedMonster

Well I stopped folding on the PS3 due to the previously mentioned power issue. I'll do one more unit thing on my PC then I need it back for gaming.

[quote name='marten']Fixed. Sorry for the confusion on that. I ended up running it for the 7 days because of all the complaints of the amount of time to complete a WU.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing everything up. You missed the four in "the twist" section though.

Wow, only another 70 hours and my ibook will finish a WU. :roll:
My desktop isn't much better though, another 30 to finish 2 WUs. Works a lot better now that I turned off cpu frequency scaling. :lol:
Thankfully my PS3 is a lot faster.

hmm.. i am confused..

I have joined the CAG team and have been folding for the last few hours, but it dosen't show me on the CAG team on the site?

And can I use the same user name on 2 different F@H programs?

i'm very new to this, so help is appreciated.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']hmm.. i am confused..

I have joined the CAG team and have been folding for the last few hours, but it dosen't show me on the CAG team on the site?

And can I use the same user name on 2 different F@H programs?

i'm very new to this, so help is appreciated.[/quote]

I don't think your name will show up until you upload your first work unit. And yes, you can use the same name when running it on multiple computers.

okay, thanks

and if it is posisble, why is it that it says only one copy of F@H may be run at a time.. and won't let me start anything on the other program?

hopefully i can get things working soon..

[quote name='MillerTime2523']okay, thanks

and if it is posisble, why is it that it says only one copy of F@H may be run at a time.. and won't let me start anything on the other program?

hopefully i can get things working soon..[/quote]
Unless you have a dual/quad core/cpu system you shouldn't run more than one copy at the same time.

If you do have a dual/quad core/cpu system you need to run either one copy of the GUI client and one CLI client, or two CLI clients, you cannot run two GUI clients.

Either way you need to have each client in a separate folder. Start the first one normally. Then during setup of the second client you have to type "yes" to advanced options and set the "MachineID" to 2.

Look here for more info

let me rephrase that.... what i mean is i have 1 copy running on my ps triple and the other copy on my computer is saying i cant have more than 1 copy running when.. well.. there is no copy running on here.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']let me rephrase that.... what i mean is i have 1 copy running on my ps triple and the other copy on my computer is saying i cant have more than 1 copy running when.. well.. there is no copy running on here.[/quote]

At first thats what I thought you meant, but couldn't imagine why that would be happening, so thought it might have been the other thing.

You might try to look in the task manager for "Fahcore_XX.exe" where XX is a two digit number. Perhaps a copy is running but it is frozen or hidden.

I'm sure you probably tried that and/or restarting, other than that I have no clue. I don't run windows (I'm assuming you are) so I'm not used to it and why it might be doing this.

If nothing else you might try downloading the console version, sticking it in it's own folder, and running that. Giving it a separate machineID.

My cabinet is really heating up with this. I already have an intake fan and two exhaust fans, but if I'm going to be folding regularly, I need something next to my PS3.

I originally considered this for the price:
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4106
sku_4106_1_small.jpg
, but it just seemed silly. I ended up going with this:
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4527
sku_4527_2_small.jpg

I'll only plug it in for overnight folding, as I'm sure it will be too loud for normal gaming.

bread's done
Back