Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Black/Purple/Green. AP stealing countdowns! Active Purple! Green Passive! Wesley Snipes!

Maybe not the last bit.
Well at least its not Eddie Murphy...we're all still trying to forget a Vampire in Brooklyn.

Vampire-in-Brooklyn-image.jpg

Anyways, I get Blade for halloween and all, but I need Luke Cage to hurry up and be released. This needs to happen, soon:

shawn-martinbrough-black-panther-the-most-dangerous-man-alive-no-526-falcon-black-panther-and-luke-cage.jpg

Finished #116, so I ended up with a 0/2/0 Ms. Marvel.  Looking forward to Blade, but that means I'll spend all my HP for another slot.  Also, who know when I'll have enough covers to use him.  Great job everyone!

Daily Prizes

Day 365 - Purple Devil Dino

Day 366 - Green Devil Dino

Day 367 - Red Devil Dino

Day 370 - Green Invisible Woman

So my IW will be 3/3/2 and DD will be 1/3/3, I'm wondering when I might actually have a usable 4-star.

Progression rewards were pretty messed up again too. Top reward should have been at least 100,000 or 200,000 like that event we just had.

I know the alliance does a incredible job at PvE. but could we put that energy towards the PvP events as well? It'd be great if we could get into the top 100 for a  Mz. Thor.

I think we could do it.

Daily Prizes
Day 365 - Purple Devil Dino

Day 366 - Green Devil Dino

Day 367 - Red Devil Dino

Day 370 - Green Invisible Woman

So my IW will be 3/3/2 and DD will be 1/3/3, I'm wondering when I might actually have a usable 4-star.
Looks to me like you'll have 2 useable 4*s coming up after a year of playing. I think you meant "when are you going to get a useful 4*" right? Make those baby dino arms work for it. You can do it!

What you got against those baby dino arms - the animation is great. Looks like something big is going to happen...but not really.

You have a gif for every situation huh.

Man the Hunt is very boring. Gotta put pts into now bc I dont play over the weekend, cant pull a Broly.

[quote name="eldergamer" post="12181851" timestamp="1414168115"]Progression rewards were pretty messed up again too. Top reward should have been at least 100,000 or 200,000 like that event we just had.

I know the alliance does a incredible job at PvE. but could we put that energy towards the PvP events as well? It'd be great if we could get into the top 100 for a Mz. Thor.

I think we could do it.[/quote]
We have been over this countless times...

Also, I finished with 69k points and joined with 30 hours left haha good thing for you we don't initiate that method you suggested of lowest scoring player gets the boot! ; p

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot how much I hate the Hunt. This event is the ultimate grinder. Typically 2 subs open at once, so there's 6 essentials to grind, plus the essential character is new, so she effing sucks.

Also, if you haven't downloaded Terra Battle yet, you're doing something wrong.

I forgot how much I hate the Hunt. This event is the ultimate grinder. Typically 2 subs open at once, so there's 6 essentials to grind, plus the essential character is new, so she effing sucks. Also, if you haven't downloaded Terra Battle yet, you're doing something wrong.
What was that? I couldnt hear that rant because I was too busy playing Terra Battle. So who's excited for Bahamut? Cant wait to kick ass as king of the Dragons! Im fighting in an underground city now. Story is shit but gameplay and character design is awesome.

So here's some of my roster, Sorted by rank so all My A classes are on top. I really have no idea how to compare to know if I have some good ones really. Grace and Bahl found enough items so they're now on their second jobs types. Its a pretty interesting concept. So bare bones, yet so in depth. Anyone know what the rankings are? Anything above A class? I also finally got 1 D class character: a regular Sabertooth. Its odd since he has more attack power than the white version shown in the pic.

15438199867_2fcd586cb9_z.jpg

And so begins the threads move slowly from MPQ to Terra Battle....

Here's my roster. The top 2 are SS class, but both are healers, so that kinda sucks. Zuzu is an S class. Just pulled him and Amina yesterday, so they haven't been leveled yet. Matupi is an A, then you get into the Bs.
49f0bb96f91fa73db57241080fe240e7.jpg

Done 4 runs through Bahamut's arena with no luck on pulling him yet. Storywise, I'm on chapter 5.

I'm only in Chapter 2 of Terra Battle. I keep forgetting to play it every day like I should.  Then when I go back I forget all the mechanics. They game seems simple at first, just put everyone in a pincer formation. But then there's all the special attack rules of having people in rows or collums.

Here's my roster. The top 2 are SS class, but both are healers, so that kinda sucks. Zuzu is an S class.
I was thinking there would be something above A class, thanks for that. As for healers, its a mixed bag. I mean theyre great for their skill but on attack their Horrible. However Korin, my little guy with horns has the self heal ability. So he's got great attack but can only heal himself, that kinda hurts as well.

So you have Kuscah and Grace too? I guess those must be the defauly characters. Have you made Grace's 2nd job? I gained the item to craft her job after deafeating and gaining Ba'gunar the lizard King. Now Im wondering if that was a random drop. Although after changing a job the character goes back to level 1, so now I have to work on her again.

I just checked, Im in ch 6 of the story. So a level after you, seems like we were in that Elevator forever. Derp, I always forget to check the Arena section... Metal zone is always closed on the map & thats where I check.

Then when I go back I forget all the mechanics. They game seems simple at first, just put everyone in a pincer formation. But then there's all the special attack rules of having people in rows or collums.
And only 1 character can move per turn. Having to learn who you can move or bump into position to attack and also who are placed in the same row/columns to add support; so easy yet so complicated. I always forget which way to move in order to bump people the way I want.

I was thinking there would be something above A class, thanks for that. As for healers, its a mixed bag. I mean theyre great for their skill but on attack their Horrible. However Korin, my little guy with horns has the self heal ability. So he's got great attack but can only heal himself, that kinda hurts as well.

So you have Kuscah and Grace too? I guess those must be the defauly characters. Have you made Grace's 2nd job? I gained the item to craft her job after deafeating and gaining Ba'gunar the lizard King. Now Im wondering if that was a random drop. Although after changing a job the character goes back to level 1, so now I have to work on her again.

I just checked, Im in ch 6 of the story. So a level after you, seems like we were in that Elevator forever. Derp, I always forget to check the Arena section... Metal zone is always closed on the map & thats where I check.

And only 1 character can move per turn. Having to learn who you can move or bump into position to attack and also who are placed in the same row/columns to add support; so easy yet so complicated. I always forget which way to move in order to bump people the way I want.
I do have Grace's second job, and got it at the same time as you. I can't use her as that yet, because I need the level of her first job to beat Bahamut.

The metal zone is where you go to level up, if you hadn't figured that out yet. If you figure out how to beat the runners, please let me know.

The metal zone is where you go to level up, if you hadn't figured that out yet. If you figure out how to beat the runners, please let me know.
Yeah great exp, if those buggers dont flee. As for the runners, the best advice I have is to make a C formation or V depending if you're at the sides or top/bottom. Basically if/when you have that setup you corral that thing into position. Usually they flee first, but Ive beaten a couple & 1 gold one. Finally saw the metal orb King, damn that thing had to many hp for me to beat & it fled. Sucks, that coulda given me TONS of exp.

Ran into the metal king 3 times, but couldn't knock him out in any of them. The most exp I got out of any one run in the metal zone was 102k.

And no sooner than I posted here that I hadn't corralled him...
4404ef0e4da06656fcdc067a35d8ee87.jpg

Fifth time's the charm.

stay-on-topic.jpg

But seriously, I downloaded the game. Maybe I'll remember to try it out - been playing Assassin's Creed Pirates when not Marveling.

Ran into the metal king 3 times, but couldn't knock him out in any of them. The most exp I got out of any one run in the metal zone was 102k. And no sooner than I posted here that I hadn't corralled him... Fifth time's the charm.
Awesome, I finally decided to play the arena. 10 Battles in a row then Bahamut? That was rougher than I expected. I finally had to use energy for something other than recruiting. Good for you!

But seriously, I downloaded the game. Maybe I'll remember to try it out - been playing Assassin's Creed Pirates when not Marveling.
Shut up Porkins! Yeah, go try it out. The android deals thread has a lot of positive comments on it. Ass Pirates huh? Hmm something to be said about that.

I've put a few hours into Pirates while flying lately. Definitely not a bad game, and starting to get difficult in the 3rd area I think.

Oh, and call me a slacker (go ahead, I'll wait).

But I almost never play more than one subevent at a time in the Hunt. When my one ends, I join late into the next in line, and I've never had a problem placing in the top 100.

Oh, and call me a slacker (go ahead, I'll wait).
But I almost never play more than one subevent at a time in the Hunt. When my one ends, I join late into the next in line, and I've never had a problem placing in the top 100.
Same here. Also, helps with the placement in the subevents. The first sub closes tonight at midnight, so less than six hours for the slackers.

Also, I'm playing Terra Battle too, beat Bahamut twice, I was hoping to corral him, so I'll have to keep trying. I have an SS and an S rank, Czekras and Gatz the Filcher. No second jobs for me yet, but I'm only on chapter 4.

I have an SS and an S rank, Czekras and Gatz the Filcher.
Im sorry, but thats the most Pedo name I have ever heard. It just sounds wrong to filch something, even more so to be a dirty dirty filcher. Im going to have to find a picture of that character.....Im back now.

250px-Gatz-Job1.png

"This mischievous 13-year-old is an adroit pickpocket, thief, and swindler.

Though it's earned Gatz a bad reputation, he steals not out of malice but simply for fun, considering it a sort of game.

He gives the spoils of his exploits to the children of needy friends, endearing him to many.

He often says he can't wait to grow up and become the migthiest of swordsmen."

Yeesh he's an underage Hooligan!

Im sorry, but thats the most Pedo name I have ever heard. It just sounds wrong to filch something, even more so to be a dirty dirty filcher. Im going to have to find a picture of that character.....Im back now.

"This mischievous 13-year-old is an adroit pickpocket, thief, and swindler.

Though it's earned Gatz a bad reputation, he steals not out of malice but simply for fun, considering it a sort of game.

He gives the spoils of his exploits to the children of needy friends, endearing him to many.

He often says he can't wait to grow up and become the migthiest of swordsmen."

Yeesh he's an underage Hooligan!
Yeah, sounds too much like Gatz the Felcher.

:puke:

Top 100 for the sub events and in the 100s for the main event. Alliance is up there too so that's two Blade covers for me.

Only 150 in the storm tournament so I need to push to make sure I get a blue falcon cover. (Which should make him 0/3/5/.  Really need some purple for him)

Alliance is down to 116, we have 4 under 10k for the event so far, Overkill at 4k, Ragnarr at 700, Broly and hitmen7 at 0.  I'm figuring broly will do work on his train ride tomorrow, but are the others randoms?  Just curious since two sub-events have ended already ad we're moving the wrong way.

Alliance is down to 116, we have 4 under 10k for the event so far, Overkill at 4k, Ragnarr at 700, Broly and hitmen7 at 0. I'm figuring broly will do work on his train ride tomorrow, but are the others randoms? Just curious since two sub-events have ended already ad we're moving the wrong way.
Overkill & hotmen7 are both CAGs. As for Ragnarr Im not sure. They have had performance issues (in MPQ, dont know about irl) before. I think the 2 new characters in back to back events has burnt people out some. Especially with the hunt having 3 separate sub events where 2 happen at a time. It makes it realy hard to focus on which one to play.

That and Bahamut Arena ends tomorrow in Terra Battle and I still dont have one yet....

I am Overkill. Weekends are limited play for me. Especially this past weekend, sick kids and a project deadline. Even missed the PvP event. Had thought it was ending at noon today.

Overkill & hotmen7 are both CAGs. As for Ragnarr Im not sure. They have had performance issues (in MPQ, dont know about irl) before. I think the 2 new characters in back to back events has burnt people out some. Especially with the hunt having 3 separate sub events where 2 happen at a time. It makes it realy hard to focus on which one to play.

That and Bahamut Arena ends tomorrow in Terra Battle and I still dont have one yet....
I just realized the progression reward is a black Ms. Marvel. That will give me 3, and no other colors. The Hunt tokens are trolling me big time. I pulled a Hulk....green...haven't needed that in forever. The next pull, Falcon...blue. After I didn't even try to make top 100 since that's no use either. Of course, any 2 star I pulled hasn't been Ms. Marvel, so no use there either. Oh well, I can always use the Iso.

I got a Bahamut on my 4th time through. Swapped Grace out for him since she was capped at 20, and brought him in to the Metal Zone and started to level him. Beat chapter 4, now I have a second job for Grace, and Ba'gunar., and 16 bolts to recruit more people. Don't know what to do or who to use at this point.

Oh man, I was gone Thursday until last night and I just got caught up.

I definitely dont have time to add another mobile game to my plate though that Terra one does seem interesting.

I literally burst out laughing here in the office at the 'When I pull a Broly.. .which part am I pulling?' Hahaha I love it.

Last night was freaking ridiculous. I got back home at 11:25pm, unpacked and cleaned up and was like OH SHIT that PvP event!!! I really wanted to play it a little because I know how good of a support Falcon is and I had like no characters. I looked at the clock at 11:56 (event ending at midnight) and so I instantly loaded up the game. I had my seed teams set and I fought the highest point one first. I played the second then and finished seconds too late. When the dust settled though I was #1 out of a 32 person bracket! hahaha oh man I was so stoked. Not only is my Falcon now at a usable power set up with 2/4/2 but I ALSO GOT FURY FINALLY hahah

I swear though I wonder if me always wiggling into these brackets last minute so much more successfully than everyone else has to do with my completely broken MMR. I fight nothing but max X-Force/ Fury/ Devil Dino with one of those being replaced with the featured hero at max as well. I don't know why it almost always works for me but I am sure glad it does!

Anywayyyyyyy

This morning on my train ride in I started the event a you was predicted! I boosted up to about 10k already and that was just with the main node and one subevent so far. I am hoping to scatter the other sb event throughout the day and then in between work and class tonight plow through the first one once its points are charged back. So far I am in a solid bracket; I was at #18 when I got into the office and again my score should have a huge hike up again once I hit that second subevent. I may not be the highest scorer but as usual I will bring myself to the middle of the pack so no worries there. 

Also yeah Ragnarr is a random who has not been performing too well for quite a few events now. I gave him the boot. Hopefully with me back in the game, a fresh new random and everyone else continually pushing as you guys have been we can nab that Alliance cover!!

PS.

I know I have said it a bunch already but DAYUMMMMMMM Deadpool is a great character to have leveled on your roster. Pulling off that red early on for only 6 red for a quick 3k damage is awesome. The move seems iffy but once you get the hang of when and how to use that it is great. Then his purple just annihilates and just having a usable purple in general is great. I am thinking once I get my Falcon leveled up some to see how he works with my Patch and Deadpool team. 

Also yeah Ragnarr is a random who has not been performing too well for quite a few events now. I gave him the boot. Hopefully with me back in the game, a fresh new random and everyone else continually pushing as you guys have been we can nab that Alliance cover!!
Got someone with only 6k, so I booted them. Then someone with nothing. BOOT!

Oh man, I was gone Thursday until last night and I just got caught up.

I definitely dont have time to add another mobile game to my plate though that Terra one does seem interesting.

I literally burst out laughing here in the office at the 'When I pull a Broly.. .which part am I pulling?' Hahaha I love it.

Last night was freaking ridiculous. I got back home at 11:25pm, unpacked and cleaned up and was like OH SHIT that PvP event!!! I really wanted to play it a little because I know how good of a support Falcon is and I had like no characters. I looked at the clock at 11:56 (event ending at midnight) and so I instantly loaded up the game. I had my seed teams set and I fought the highest point one first. I played the second then and finished seconds too late. When the dust settled though I was #1 out of a 32 person bracket! hahaha oh man I was so stoked. Not only is my Falcon now at a usable power set up with 2/4/2 but I ALSO GOT FURY FINALLY hahah

I swear though I wonder if me always wiggling into these brackets last minute so much more successfully than everyone else has to do with my completely broken MMR. I fight nothing but max X-Force/ Fury/ Devil Dino with one of those being replaced with the featured hero at max as well. I don't know why it almost always works for me but I am sure glad it does!

Anywayyyyyyy

This morning on my train ride in I started the event a you was predicted! I boosted up to about 10k already and that was just with the main node and one subevent so far. I am hoping to scatter the other sb event throughout the day and then in between work and class tonight plow through the first one once its points are charged back. So far I am in a solid bracket; I was at #18 when I got into the office and again my score should have a huge hike up again once I hit that second subevent. I may not be the highest scorer but as usual I will bring myself to the middle of the pack so no worries there.

PS.

I know I have said it a bunch already but DAYUMMMMMMM Deadpool is a great character to have leveled on your roster. Pulling off that red early on for only 6 red for a quick 3k damage is awesome. The move seems iffy but once you get the hang of when and how to use that it is great. Then his purple just annihilates and just having a usable purple in general is great. I am thinking once I get my Falcon leveled up some to see how he works with my Patch and Deadpool team.
Damn show off.

Finally got off me duff and set up a brand spankin new fakebook acct and sent out invite to the peeps who had their fbs posted in the thread. You'll know it is me when you see it, hahaha... One of you already did.  ;)

Time to stop discarding them extries!!!

fuck to Broly's luck...

Man, the best PvP I have had so far was the one where Psylocke was the reward. I got all the way to 16 after 5 hours of work, then got creamed by the 166ers rolling through and was pushed back to 43 in the last 30 mins since I didn't shield.

I tried the 5 hours before on another one and almost broke Top 50. So, I thought this 5-hour thing was a decent place to start.

WRONG!

Hopped into a smallish bracket, was #83 after the first match, and it was allllll downhill from there. After being away for an hour, my 2-match standing was over 300. I fought my way back to 235, and ended around 275. It was brutal. Top ranked player in my bracket had over 1200 points! Usually, I am in brackets that top out at 500, or maybe 700 once in a while. Great. My roster is improving and I am starting to get rolled because of it. Or is that damn Magical Mystery Recipe number that is messing with me? Time to lose in the simulator??? Ugh.

So, no Faltroll for me. God, I hate that guy. Hate him so much I want him on my team. Faced a team with a 2-color 3-cover Faltroll, and still took me forever and a downed char to best that team, since he got a yellow cascade and then further got lucky and inspired IM35's Armored Assault tiles. Nothing like a 10 minute spitball fight.  :wall:

Doing ok in this PvE event so far, but gee do I also hate PU Venom (Spanom, for those who don't know). And Spamnarok. Love seeing them pull off 5 skills in a row after a lucky cascade. And nothing beats being stunned every other turn. Every once in a while, I will get a good board devoid of pink and black and am able to control it from the get-go, or get that early double-5 cascade that sets-up Hawkeye with the paingame.  :D/  Love rolling the game as much as it loves rolling me, lol.  But for the most part I am sticking with Essential nodes. Was able to get sub-50 once, and sub-100 twice. Trying to get more sub-50s so I can afford a slot for Blade... I really want to get all 3 this event. Been remaining sub-50 for main event throughout, so now I just gotta push a little harder.

In the off-chance I don't get enough hp between now and then, any suggestions on who to dump next? Which 1-cover 3* should be on the chopping block? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized the progression reward is a black Ms. Marvel. That will give me 3, and no other colors. The Hunt tokens are trolling me big time. I pulled a Hulk....green...haven't needed that in forever. The next pull, Falcon...blue. After I didn't even try to make top 100 since that's no use either. Of course, any 2 star I pulled hasn't been Ms. Marvel, so no use there either. Oh well, I can always use the Iso.

I got a Bahamut on my 4th time through. Swapped Grace out for him since she was capped at 20, and brought him in to the Metal Zone and started to level him. Beat chapter 4, now I have a second job for Grace, and Ba'gunar., and 16 bolts to recruit more people. Don't know what to do or who to use at this point.
Definitely with you on the game trolling. Got a hunt token and rode a damn roller coaster. 2* star Boo, Ms Marvel's Icon YAY, Black Boo! Can level her up more Yay, will get another black with progression rewards Yay. Like up down up. I'll have 4 for her black move by the end of the event.....thats just stupid.

Got top 50 & got a blue falcon, once again game loves to give me blues. Now he follows the pattern of Psylock & Black panther where I max out blue first instead of better colors. I love Redwing, but I usually swap the countdown tiles before they go off, so having them shortened is a moot point for me.

God dammit, I went through 4 times I think & never got a damn Bahamut! Then I tried to go back after Savage Land closed and the Bahamut Arena was over. So went back to MPQ and played the stormhawk tournament some more. Im hoping to beat ch 6 in Terra today. I have 4 energy and if I beat the chapter I should get 2 more. I think I get 1 energy for daily login. Either way hopefully I'll get something good at the tavern.

Congrats on finally getting a Nick. I sometimes want to hate, but I know your token redemption luck sucks so I guess it balances itself out. Also you're shooting yourself in the foot too. You know by playing more of the season you can get that 10 pack & the newly rotated characters.

I thought youd get a kick out of the "pull a broly" it just popped in my head, so it had to be done.

As for Terra Battle, dl it now! Its not as fully fleshed out yet. The story is just developing. They havent added a PVP or many other things quite yet. Its nice to be able to go at your own pace and not worry. The battle mechanics are the simple yet .... you know. 1 minute to learn a millennia to master type deal. It does however run on a typical f2p energy meter. You have x energy per level. So you're never playing for hours like MPQ. So honestly as much as I hate that in other games, it kinda works here.

In the off-chance I don't get enough hp between now and then, any suggestions on who to dump next? Which 1-cover 3* should be on the chopping block? :D
I don't know who suggested it before, but it does make sense to look at who has been rotated out, since you won't be pulling another cover for them for a while. Of course, that is provided it isn't someone awesome.

Congrats on finally getting a Nick. I sometimes want to hate, but I know your token redemption luck sucks so I guess it balances itself out. Also you're shooting yourself in the foot too. You know by playing more of the season you can get that 10 pack & the newly rotated characters.

I thought youd get a kick out of the "pull a broly" it just popped in my head, so it had to be done.

As for Terra Battle, dl it now! Its not as fully fleshed out yet. The story is just developing. They havent added a PVP or many other things quite yet. Its nice to be able to go at your own pace and not worry. The battle mechanics are the simple yet .... you know. 1 minute to learn a millennia to master type deal. It does however run on a typical f2p energy meter. You have x energy per level. So you're never playing for hours like MPQ. So honestly as much as I hate that in other games, it kinda works here.
Hah yeah many people seem to just see the luck I have with brackets but forget my ABSOLUTE garbage luck on pulls.

To me though in regards to the Season 10 pack... I can put in an extremely minimal amount of time (~7 minutes) for each PvP and score a cover or two and sometimes like this last one, four. This way too I can pick which PvPs I want to even do that for in regards to the rewards I want. ORRRRRRRRR I can put in hours for each PvP, struggle to MAYBE get a cover or two because again, my MMR is so effed winning anything is difficult in itself without constant boosts since i fight nothing but max 4*s now, and then do all of that for a 10 pack where I have a chance to not even get an effing single 3 star in there again.

To me which path I should take is obvious : P

And yeah I am still giggling about which part of Broly you are pulling hahah

I will look into that game a bit more but with even my train time taken up by other stuff lately my mobile gaming is pretty much limited to MPQ and Hero Academy occasionally and I owe it to myself to keep it that way and not get anything new!

Hopped into a smallish bracket, was #83 after the first match, and it was allllll downhill from there. After being away for an hour, my 2-match standing was over 300. I fought my way back to 235, and ended around 275. It was brutal. Top ranked player in my bracket had over 1200 points! Usually, I am in brackets that top out at 500, or maybe 700 once in a while. Great. My roster is improving and I am starting to get rolled because of it. Or is that damn Magical Mystery Recipe number that is messing with me? Time to lose in the simulator??? Ugh.

So, no Faltroll for me. God, I hate that guy. Hate him so much I want him on my team. Faced a team with a 2-color 3-cover Faltroll, and still took me forever and a downed char to best that team, since he got a yellow cascade and then further got lucky and inspired IM35's Armored Assault tiles. Nothing like a 10 minute spitball fight. :wall:

Doing ok in this PvE event so far, but gee do I also hate PU Venom (Spanom, for those who don't know). And Spamnarok. Love seeing them pull off 5 skills in a row after a lucky cascade. And nothing beats being stunned every other turn.
I dont know how they've changed the MMR. I know Koju is an expert on that, he may know. I jumped in at the last hour. I just wanted any Falcon cover so I can boost him, I can respec him later. But yes you're going to want him. Falcons yellow mixed with Strike tiles (say daken or wolverine) and OBW with her "espionage" skill? Thats a pretty nasty combination for a young up and comer. Have a falcons purple for protect tiles and you're in for a long long battle.

Anyways as I played I was facing lower 2* enemies. My rosters pretty solid, Im a fair performer, but it wasnt until ~300 points where I started facing max level 2*s but still no 3*s. I think when I play seriously, its not until about 600 pts when the 3*s really start coming out. I think they adjusted it that way so you can progress some in a tournament before getting bogged down. I dont know what happened in your situation but Id have to guess from your active playing & improved roster, youve moved up in the world! Congratulations?

Ive noticed enemy AI is insanely improved. Like the Dark Avengers are shit....when you play them. Ive had a fully covered Venom, tried using him & he was worthless. HOWEVER the computer can play him & stun you every other move, get a huge magic cascade, and actually put up a fight, same with Ragnarok. Then I get into battles with Venom and Bullseye. Who do I kill first? (Bullseye, the answer is bullseye) Bullseye matches purples & makes protect tiles which feeds venoms stun, so I get stunned & take forever killing them. I almost threw down the kindle last night because they were pissing me off. They trolled me so hard, Ive never seen a game troll me so hard & I knew they were going to. First magic cascades where they kept getting critical tiles. Which then led to Venom stuns. OK I had my Steve Rogers throw some countdown tiles out on the sides where Ragnarok couldnt get them with his green. When the countdown gets to 1, instead of finishing & me getting my AP back, out of no where the computer destroys the tile! Had this happened once, sure, EVERY DAMN TIME! To be a bitch I put a countdown tile in a random place far from anything. The computer showed me, after another enemy magic cascade it was my turn. What was the only match left on the board? Yes my countdown tile, with 1 turn left on the counter....I hate you MPQ.... I dont know where this turned into a rant, but rant over.

I somehow dropped 30 places and fucked myself out of getting another blue falcon cover.  Figured 75 was same for the last hour, guess not.

My essential nodes are only giving 1200 or so max points. The Alaska ones are worth more than the Florida ones. Those arent even at 1000. Not much point in playing the regular nodes. (Enemies there are all 100+ and only give out, maybe 500 points)

Beast is the reward for the Falcon PvP event, which really isn't much of an incentive.

I dont know how they've changed the MMR. I know Koju is an expert on that, he may know.
I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but here are my current observations:

Up to about 300 points, you should be getting easy (for you) battles - it seems like you get people just below your MMR, and never anyone with more than 500 points themselves.

From there to about 600-700, you are squarely in your MMR bracket. If you haven't tried to game your MMR, you should be facing people who have had similar success in the game as you for about as long as you. If you have gamed your MMR lower, this is the slog zone - you will rarely get anyone worth more than about 27 points, and many will be down around 20. This is not good from a retaliation perspective, so you may end up skipping a lot of fights trying to find at least a high 20s.

After about 700, all bets are off and you're in the shark tank. You will still be in a 'sorta MMR', but the band is significantly wider. Even if your MMR is lower, you could still end up seeing one of the high scorers in X-Men - I tend to see Worldrunner a lot for some reason. If you can take down 166s, you can skip to 40 point matches fairly easily and get to to about 900 quickly, especially if playing at a quiet hour or have a strong defense team.

At some point you need to decide if you want to shield or not, and whether you have the roster to shield hop. Hopping only makes sense once you're in 900+ territory or have less than a day left, and you want either something in progression or have a shot at a top 5 finish. Otherwise, if you're placing well in your bracket, it makes sense to shield when you aren't going to play for a while. The goal is to balance the cost of shields versus the rewards. You get some HP out of placement/progression, but the decision should be based on the covers and whether they are must have or nice to have. You also have to factor in how well everyone else is doing - plan to get the next placement lower than what you have at the moment as a general rule. Shielding for a top 100 spot at position 95 isn't going to work. Shielding at 8 means you'll still probably get at least top 25 (assuming you aren't pulling your Broly - shields make no sense in that short period of time).

Excellent dissertation Koju!

Once I get past 500 points almost all of my opponents are in the teens for point values.  I go through about 10 skips trying to find someone worth at least 23.  Then past 700 it's all the heavy hitters. Fully maxed out three stars and what not.  

Guess I should be lowering my MMR. (measles mumps rubella)

bread's done
Back