Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

mXKHwzi.jpg

the completely new scoring system is being tested in EOTS today.

mXKHwzi.jpg

the completely new scoring system is being tested in EOTS today.
man been awhile since check this for a second i thought you meant this was the new thing coming in april.. i really hated it since my levels started at 150 and if i understand it right they would of been 210 by the grind started

How do people play vemon bomb.. 8 8 and grind or GRIND till no health packs... many will say 8 8 grind but then if you hit a major Bad boards your going to eat those 10 health packs up in 1 or 2 clears meaning someone who did grinding til out of packs will have more clears then you

Last edited by a moderator:
How do people play vemon bomb.. 8 8 and grind or GRIND till no health packs... many will say 8 8 grind but then if you hit a major Bad boards your going to eat those 10 health packs up in 1 or 2 clears meaning someone who did grinding til out of packs will have more clears then you
Pretty much the same way you play any other PvE. If you want a top spot, you need to play at the 8 hour marks until you are 2-3 hours out from the end of the sub, then grind them down from lowest points to highest. How much grind time you need depends on how well you are doing with the nodes and your roster usage.

Can you still place well enough to get at least one cover of the new Punisher with a different strategy? Yes. But you will not get top ten in a release event.

If you are chewing up health packs with your primary teams, you need to start looking at secondary and tertiary teams that you don't normally use. Old strategies still work even if you have moved past them - for example, I rarely Hulkbomb (Patch/Hulk/Loki) these days, but it still works.

It's also a good time to see if there are new uses for old characters boosted this week. I brought 3* Thor along with Red Hulk to see if I could reliably feed green with yellow. Wasn't great, but it puts another meat shield on the table to replace a downed character if I don't want to use a health pack on someone else.

Pretty much the same way you play any other PvE. If you want a top spot, you need to play at the 8 hour marks until you are 2-3 hours out from the end of the sub, then grind them down from lowest points to highest. How much grind time you need depends on how well you are doing with the nodes and your roster usage.

Can you still place well enough to get at least one cover of the new Punisher with a different strategy? Yes. But you will not get top ten in a release event.

If you are chewing up health packs with your primary teams, you need to start looking at secondary and tertiary teams that you don't normally use. Old strategies still work even if you have moved past them - for example, I rarely Hulkbomb (Patch/Hulk/Loki) these days, but it still works.

It's also a good time to see if there are new uses for old characters boosted this week. I brought 3* Thor along with Red Hulk to see if I could reliably feed green with yellow. Wasn't great, but it puts another meat shield on the table to replace a downed character if I don't want to use a health pack on someone else.
starting getting better board and made it though

first stage 12k

2nd stage 18k

3rd stage 22k

last stage 27k (around these numbers)

total was 80k.... with 4 hours left

first with 80k.. 2nd has 75k and 3rd has 65k 10th has 42k Newbie bracket again WOOO

if i hold top 2 will have punisher 3-1-2 (drew a black last night)

right now team is 20th Stampcollectors... dont see Cag anywhere is everyone in same bracket

Two other points to note:

If you are making a move that would cause two matches to occur, the piece you move is considered the first match, and the piece that you are swapping with is considered a second match (and subject to the reduction).

Strike tiles are not affected by the reduction. If you manage to somehow get ten matches in a cascade that doesn't clear the strike tile, the strike tile will add the same amount to the first match as it does to the tenth.

Thanks for the response.

Do we have a more casual team?

I joined the first team I saw and even though I ended up 24th in my last event, my team still finished super low. I don't know if I have the time or dedication to join teams going for the top slots, but it'd be nice to get a little more reward for my work.

We have a VERY casual team haha Koju, DS and I used to run the super competitive one but I burnt out on the game after playing WAY too much. I now have the reigns on our casual team, CAGvengers. We have daily players and get alright rewards but really nothing spectacular. If you want let me know and I can make room though like I said I cannot guarantee the rewards you will get with us will be that much better but at least you will be part of a group you know! : D

FYI, I added a couple things to the wiki at the start of this thread - some links and a list of the CAG alliances I'm aware of. It's a wiki, so anyone with knowledge & spare time can feel free to add info & redecorate.

my new group

stampcollector  has  3 openings      top 50 pve  top 250 pvp....   sort of laid back just need to hit  CP on 4 stars they really dont care about pve  3 stars or pvp

my new group

stampcollector has 3 openings top 50 pve top 250 pvp.... sort of laid back just need to hit CP on 4 stars they really dont care about pve 3 stars or pvp
I've been hitting all the pve rewards lately, so I'd be interested in a top-50 pve group (as my current group seems to miss the top-100 nowadays). If you can save a spot for the user dpoch, I could switch over a little later today; just let me know a spot's been reserved so I don't quit my current alliance prematurely. Thanks.

I spent a chunk of it on championing some three stars and Punisher Max. Still sitting on just under half a million.

The problem I have is a pending 6th yellow cover on 5* Iron Man and being two more away from being maxed. I'm hoping somehow the deities of randomness will smile upon me within the next two weeks, and need to be able to finance the leveling when it happens.

If that falls through, I am considering leveling Devil Dinosaur for the anniversary in October. Might still do it anyway, but not highest priority. (Anyone else thinking of the same, don't use the purple button, train each level individually to save ISO. This only applies to Dino.)

I am an idiot.

I got super excited with all the credits. I maxed and Championed The Thing because he has been sitting at max covers for a long while now. I also finally leveled and championed 2* Thor since it is basically him and OBW that carry me through the DPD 2* nodes. And then I just randomly decided to max out Loki. And then I was like.. I want some Prof X covers, I will max and Champ Magneto too! And then I had like 4 covers for GSBW but decided against it and that I would max and Champion IM40 later. Well, AFTER I sold my stupid GSBW covers I get another and see this event where she is a Req Toon.... so I maxed and Champed her even though I have probably had like 10+ covers I have sold of hers lately.

Now this is where the crappy part comes in. I am sitting on an extra cover for IM40 but to level and Champ him will cost me about 100k. I only have 98k which wouldn't be a big deal BUT this current Civil War event means I will be maxing out my 4* Cyclops and ending with an extra cover... I need 188k to level and champion him. Bah.

I am too weak to save but I wish I had because now I could easily handle all of this! Wish I didn't max out Magneto and Loki... and Thing hahah ugh whateverrrr 

Yeah, you'd think a million ISO would last a while, but I used up half of it in a few minutes.

I took my 12-cover XDP to his max, then raised basically all my 4*s to 190 or wherever they could go.  Now I'm sitting on the remaining 500k until there's a good 4* to champ.

During one of the Hulk fights I was left with just an invisible Prof X at the middle of the second to last wave. I also had a few attack/protect tiles from Jean still in play. They all quickly were destroyed and I was left with my invisibility tile and a protect tile on the very bottom left corner. I ended up beating that wave and the last one all while protecting those two tiles. In the process then I had a monster protect tile by the end and thought it was pretty intense.

bd646eda940aae6f3a9b8dec4ce350b2.jpg

What is the highest you guys have gotten a protect/strike/attack tile?

What is the highest you guys have gotten a protect/strike/attack tile?
I think I did something similar a long time ago. I don't think it was that high, though.

Issue is, you pretty much only see a crazy high value on protect tiles, as a really high value strike or attack means you start cutting through your enemy pretty quickly.

To see some crazy-strong tiles, use Carol/Medusa/Wasp on a wave node.   Gather blue for Wasp before you use Carol-black and/or wasp-yellow.  

Well, I came here to post a query about why I was unceremoniously booted from CAGvengers, but it looks like this thread has been left to antiquity... I guess I have to hunt down the Discord account that was started up (apparently, Line is for "old people" now... nobody wanted to join the Line group I created for CAGvengers shortly after I left CAGPvEngers over 2 years ago).

Anyway, if any of you old fogies are still getting notifications from this thread, I hope you are doing well! I sure do miss the lively discussions we used to have on Line. And I still quote Daiches (well, up until today I would) to any new player joining the alliance when they asked about PvP... c'mon, say it with me!...

"In MPQ, PvE is PvP, and PvP is Co-op." Heck, I've used that so many times that SwiftKey on my phone was able to correctly predict the next word once I typed MPQ, LOLOLOL!

Oh, and Sid, I just read your post above, and since I recently championed my Wasp, my Carol is 2/3/5, and my Medusa is 3/5/2, I'm going to try your team recommendation. Thanks!

Well, I came here to post a query about why I was unceremoniously booted from CAGvengers, but it looks like this thread has been left to antiquity... I guess I have to hunt down the Discord account that was started up (apparently, Line is for "old people" now... nobody wanted to join the Line group I created for CAGvengers shortly after I left CAGPvEngers over 2 years ago).

Anyway, if any of you old fogies are still getting notifications from this thread, I hope you are doing well! I sure do miss the lively discussions we used to have on Line. And I still quote Daiches (well, up until today I would) to any new player joining the alliance when they asked about PvP... c'mon, say it with me!...

"In MPQ, PvE is PvP, and PvP is Co-op." Heck, I've used that so many times that SwiftKey on my phone was able to correctly predict the next word once I typed MPQ, LOLOLOL!

Oh, and Sid, I just read your post above, and since I recently championed my Wasp, my Carol is 2/3/5, and my Medusa is 3/5/2, I'm going to try your team recommendation. Thanks!
Hey Thunder Chief! Looking at CAGvengers, I don't recognize any of the names, so you might not get an answer on why you were dumped on here.

Hey Thunder Chief! Looking at CAGvengers, I don't recognize any of the names, so you might not get an answer on why you were dumped on here.
Hey, gravel! Thanks for the reply!

When broly checked out of MPQ altogether, he left Juggernaut in charge. I'm not sure if he has a presence here or not. But I don't think he was the one who kicked me. I am pretty sure that it was his appointed 2nd, which is Darken. And I know why I was kicked, but not why why, if that makes any sense, lol.

Darken has repeatedly told new members that the two most important things are to check in every day and participate in alliance events. Despite my normal top 10 / top 13 placement in alliance events (which I actually play more of than standard events), I had my lowest showing ever in this weekend's Thanos event. Lots of stuff going on IRL. My transgression was that I failed to notify that I wasn't able to put in much work. I guess some people have a lower threshold of acceptance (or remembering) when it comes to things like this.

When I finally got around to posting some points, I was already booted, ~2h before the event ended. I didn't even realize it until after my first match when I was greeted with my daily login reward and a message telling me that for greater rewards, I should join an alliance. I thought the game was glitching for a second until I figured out what was going on.

Anyway, I just checked and they are back to 19, so I could slide my way back in, but then a question crossed my mind... do I want to? Almost feels like party-crashing.

"What?!? Is that today??? I'm such a dummy with dates..." (C'mon, I couldn't pass that one up!!!)

Maybe I will pop back in for now and see if I change my mind later.

So, where are you at now? I saw Sid is still with stampcollecter. Placed top 20 in Thanos event. Noice!

I'm in BattleCatProwl now.  I've been in BattleCats in one alliance or another since I left CAG.  I still play more than I should.

Hey, gravel! Thanks for the reply!

When broly checked out of MPQ altogether, he left Juggernaut in charge. I'm not sure if he has a presence here or not. But I don't think he was the one who kicked me. I am pretty sure that it was his appointed 2nd, which is Darken. And I know why I was kicked, but not why why, if that makes any sense, lol.
Hey! : )

Juggernaut does not have a presence here on CAG atm.

I can text him though and ask to help coordinate getting you back in the group though! I can't remember as it has been a long while, is your name Thunder Chief in game as well or was it something different?

And dang yeah last time I was back in Chicago hanging out with Juggernaut he pulled up MPQ and I was like... damn, ya'll are still committed! Haha It is crazy how different the game feels now. I had booted it up for shits and giggles and wowzers. I ended up getting sucked in to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes for quite a few years and got super carried away there. Now I can say the same for the relatively new Disney Heroes Battle Mode. I always say 'stop playing mobile games...' and yet I always find myself back and hooked on SOMETHING : P

I do still love that this thread is still one of the longest game specific threads in all of CAG! We were a good group and I too hope everyone is doing well! : )

I ended up getting sucked in to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes for quite a few years and got super carried away there. Now I can say the same for the relatively new Disney Heroes Battle Mode. I always say 'stop playing mobile games...' and yet I always find myself back and hooked on SOMETHING : P
I just started playing Marvel Battle Lines the other day. Deep and fun so far, but a huge time suck!

Now I can say the same for the relatively new Disney Heroes Battle Mode. I always say 'stop playing mobile games...' and yet I always find myself back and hooked on SOMETHING : P
Hey, I somehow manage to play both MPQ and Disney Heroes Battle Mode and still find time for work, family and console gaming.

Slacker!

Hey, I somehow manage to play both MPQ and Disney Heroes Battle Mode and still find time for work, family and console gaming.

Slacker!
Bahaha I try too!! I have been trying to work on my portfolio way more though because I need to get out to California so it's been gobbling up my time.

What server are you on in Disney? I'm on #2

What server are you on in Disney? I'm on #2
I play on #4. Found a pretty chill guild in the first week, and we are in the top 20 on the server.

I like being able to play in small bites without having to dedicate a grind/climb. Probably why I don't play Heist much.

Only down side is I find the game to crash a lot. Not sure if it's the app, iOS, or my older phone. My son plays on Android and doesn't have the same issues.

I play on #4. Found a pretty chill guild in the first week, and we are in the top 20 on the server.

I like being able to play in small bites without having to dedicate a grind/climb. Probably why I don't play Heist much.

Only down side is I find the game to crash a lot. Not sure if it's the app, iOS, or my older phone. My son plays on Android and doesn't have the same issues.
Wish I could say I am lax with it! Hahah Like I said I'm on Server #2 so the first non beta test server basically and I am one of the main members in the top guild there.... hahah : P

Heist is super easy with our guys. A Very Hard Heist will take maybe five minutes max.

And I honestly have had maybe one crash every with the game, though I am using a relatively newer Android phone. Must be your phone then, bummer. Time to upgrade! : P

I've been languishing in CheapA$$Gamer for a while now, there are only 2 active members at this point.  If anyone has an opening in their alliance I'd like to jump in.  I play every day but I can't always do events.  Let me know if there is any interest.

I've been languishing in CheapA$$Gamer for a while now, there are only 2 active members at this point. If anyone has an opening in their alliance I'd like to jump in. I play every day but I can't always do events. Let me know if there is any interest.
My alliance has a daily-play farm team that has no other requirements. You can apply there if you like, it's called ToxinsRising.

Alternatively, if you are looking for something a little more, or want some help in developing your roster, I would suggest looking at the official forum for alliance recruitment. You can shop for those looking for members and/or post in the big thread of players looking for a place.

Also, gravel is a member of a bigger alliance family. They might have somewhere you could go.

Geez, I leave you guys in charge and it all goes to crap?
I've been bouncing back and forth between games and alliances. Tried out marvel strike force, but nothing scratches that itch like puzzle quest.

Looks like maybe I'll just start up another alliance...

Every time I think I've made my way out, they find a way to drag me back in.

Can’t believe it took me most of a year to notice the return of DSTigger!

CagPvengers sure was fun while it lasted. I spent time in StampCollector (now KA SCollector), but since Apple Arcade launched I’ve scaled back to only mercing for release & boss events.

Who else is still playing?

I still play regularly, I'm in Eiysium.

CAGvengers has daily players, but not sure anyone actually uses this site.

bread's done
Back