Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

This has been a bad season for me for PvP and don't think I even placed in the top 100 for any of the events but my token pulls made up for those.  PvE got a big boost but all I got was handful of covers that I won't be able to put in my rotation for a while.  

I've been a fan of blade since that PvE where he was boosted.   Just got my green blade from CoverSquirrel, so he'll probably get all my ISO for a while.

Once he' s full, Deadpool is next in line waiting to be fed.

anyone want to post their thick PVE  nod scores  and leader scores. will post mine when  it closes at 6... Tons of outrage if your in the first slice some people was able to score pts other did not as a nod opened that was not to open.  was opened for 3 hour and they are not going to remove the points people got from them

NOD  1       ME    23 spot  with  18k          Leader  24k

Last edited by a moderator:
Im glad Im not in that slice. I would be really pissed if I lost out on points and could never make the difference up. 

Also is there heavy competition? I dont even remember what slice Im in, I want to say 3 or 4, hell maybe Im in 2.  However my point is Ive been in the top 50 with no major grindage or anything. If they would make better tiers instead of 11-50 gets 1 cover, Id be in the top 20-25.  Thats neither here nor there though.  At my current pace Im likely to get that 1 starlord cover.

Ive also found that if I want to play pvp, pick the 3am end times.  I jumped in at 2am last night for the cover squirrel PVP and was #6 right off the bat.  Just pretty much played an hour straight and held 5 for the longest.  Managed to beat out the other guy and make it to #4 with 525 points.  Whoever was #1 really wanted it as he was 900 points.  All in all an hour for 3 blade covers? Yeah I'll take it! Oh and there were only 27 people in my bracket so that was fun. The 6th person was about 100 points away from getting top 5, so its always good to see that I was safe on maintaining my rank.

So Because Im bored, and you need a laugh, lets take a look at our new 4* through the magic of Animated Gifs from the GotG movie. Which are more fun than what will be his animations in game.....

bAjxhTH.jpg

Oh Dont be that way, you know who.....

giphy.gif

Sleight of Hand 10
purpletile.png

Peter pulls the old switcheroo and swaps one of his enemy's possessions with a little surprise. He turns a selected non-Countdown tile into a 3-turn Countdown tile which deals 785 damage to the enemy.
tumblr_n4gbppCNee1qil3vwo1_250.gif
giphy.gif

Everyone With Me 7
yellowtile.png

Star-Lord quickly pulls together a plan - or at least most of one. Places a 3-turn Countdown tile. While at least one such tile is on the board, all friendly Red and Yellow ability costs are reduced by 1.
tumblr_n7bedzqqkx1qdfs7xo1_250.gif

Oldest Trick in the Book 8
redtile.png

Star-Lord points past his enemy and shouts "Hey! Is that Beta Ray Bill?" before swinging in with a sucker punch. He creates a 2-turn Countdown tile which deals 612 damage. While at least one such tile is on the board, all enemy Red and Green ability costs are increased by 1.
tumblr_nagiz7WrP51srnwquo5_500.gif

And because absolutely no one asked for it, but you know you want it, this.... we all know Star Lords killer moves are umm killer!

gotg+dance.gif
Guardians-of-the-galaxy-Funny-Dance-Off-Dancing-Dance-GIF.gif

Im glad Im not in that slice. I would be really pissed if I lost out on points and could never make the difference up.

Also is there heavy competition? I dont even remember what slice Im in, I want to say 3 or 4, hell maybe Im in 2. However my point is Ive been in the top 50 with no major grindage or anything. If they would make better tiers instead of 11-50 gets 1 cover, Id be in the top 20-25. Thats neither here nor there though. At my current pace Im likely to get that 1 starlord cover.

Ive also found that if I want to play pvp, pick the 3am end times. I jumped in at 2am last night for the cover squirrel PVP and was #6 right off the bat. Just pretty much played an hour straight and held 5 for the longest. Managed to beat out the other guy and make it to #4 with 525 points. Whoever was #1 really wanted it as he was 900 points. All in all an hour for 3 blade covers? Yeah I'll take it! Oh and there were only 27 people in my bracket so that was fun. The 6th person was about 100 points away from getting top 5, so its always good to see that I was safe on maintaining my rank.
i was going to do that pick the 4am end time and get up around 3 am to just jump but did not feel like it. Crap

due to a glitch was given a 10 pack that i must out on last season and hit a 3 star and though MAYBE THEY COME IN GROUPS so opened up the 10 pack

black widow 2 star 2 black

bullseye 2 purple

cap ameria yellow

dakken black

human torch b

moonstone

so was like wow these sucked but then the last two

Deadpool red

but the best

deadpool Purple can finally use WHALES WOOOOO

though i would been pissed if i paid for it

edit. i guess deadpool sucks unless you can max him wow now the pack is really junk LOL

Also is there heavy competition? I dont even remember what slice Im in, I want to say 3 or 4, hell maybe Im in 2. However my point is Ive been in the top 50 with no major grindage or anything. If they would make better tiers instead of 11-50 gets 1 cover, Id be in the top 20-25. Thats neither here nor there though. At my current pace Im likely to get that 1 starlord cover.

Ive also found that if I want to play pvp, pick the 3am end times. I jumped in at 2am last night for the cover squirrel PVP and was #6 right off the bat. Just pretty much played an hour straight and held 5 for the longest. Managed to beat out the other guy and make it to #4 with 525 points. Whoever was #1 really wanted it as he was 900 points. All in all an hour for 3 blade covers? Yeah I'll take it! Oh and there were only 27 people in my bracket so that was fun. The 6th person was about 100 points away from getting top 5, so its always good to see that I was safe on maintaining my rank.
Are you sure you want to tell me how to get in your easy bracket? I've been joining the PvPs earlier this week for the double ISO, able to no-stress place for a Blade cover, and I don't need any Thor from Blade's event. Probably try for the progression cover, though.

I'm seeing some competition for the multiple covers in PvE, but not too bad. I've missed a refresh here and there, but have been in the 20-30s whenever I finish a cycle. When I miss, I only fall to about 60. I'm in slice 4, 968 players in the bracket.

Already knew going in that I had too much going on this week to grindfest for a top spot, but I'll be pulling my weight.

I (bean) am in the 1st slice and got screwed by the extra sub glitch. Can't get back to top 5 now.
That's messed up. I was reading about that and I'm just shaking my head about the solution being "anyone who lucked into this glitch and took advantage of their luck just gets to win". I'm sure someone in that group will have something come up where they fall behind, but something tells me anyone who missed the glitch has no chance.

Decided to jump and and ended up being 950+ so I'm pretty much screwed for the PvE.  Opened up my 10 pack and picked a the new powers for Doom and Loki.

so was like wow these sucked but then the last two

Deadpool red

but the best

deadpool Purple can finally use WHALES WOOOOO

though i would been pissed if i paid for it

edit. i guess deadpool sucks unless you can max him wow now the pack is really junk LOL
Here's the kicker on Deadpool, the Red is great. It takes off X % of health regardless of level. I have mine at 5 and for 6 red AP I can cut an enemies health by 66%. Thats really great when facing a level 300 Ares and I can cut his health down to normal levels. So during this PVE where deadpool is buffed and 3* Thor it basically comes down to a combo of Deadpool red on everyone then kill everyone in one shot with Lazy Thors Green.

AS for Purple now this shines awesomely even if you only have 1 cover so consider yourself lucky! That is if you have the deadpool points. Once you have all your deadpool points saved up, press the button, you'll be glad you did. You can do it once out of curiosity but save it for a really hard node. We love you instant win button.

Are you sure you want to tell me how to get in your easy bracket? I've been joining the PvPs earlier this week for the double ISO, able to no-stress place for a Blade cover, and I don't need any Thor from Blade's event. Probably try for the progression cover, though.
Lol hey if it works for you it does, I cant stop you. However since Broly shared his tactic with PvP; how many of us got it to work? Ive had really shitty brackets and ended up in virtually last place. However, how many people are really going to start a new bracket at 2am? So logically the odds are in the players favor going in at that time.

Blade Pvp is for lazy thor, and I have 5 in green. I do need more yellow though. I have 3 in red & want it to stay that way, but I can always use the covers to move his level cap up and repsc him later.

I do want to know: at what point do you stop using the given loaner character in PvP? I never use my own so that Daken/X-force have their icons on the tiles & I dont have to worry about the featured weak character dying. Also by using the loaner I dont waste healthpacks on my own. In the current Blade pvp I wouldnt want my blade using up the black AP anyways since X-force Surgical strike is a better use for it. I would like to use his purple though since I stockpile that as neither one of them use it. Anyone who's started PvP, whats the loaner Blade's power?

I do want to know: at what point do you stop using the given loaner character in PvP? I never use my own so that Daken/X-force have their icons on the tiles & I dont have to worry about the featured weak character dying. Also by using the loaner I dont waste healthpacks on my own. In the current Blade pvp I wouldnt want my blade using up the black AP anyways since X-force Surgical strike is a better use for it. I would like to use his purple though since I stockpile that as neither one of them use it. Anyone who's started PvP, whats the loaner Blade's power?
You know, I don't usually use the loaner unless my version is out of action or is currently required in PvE and I'm chewing through health packs. Occasionally I may use the loaner if there's a power conflict, but the AI seems to be getting better with relative power usage, so that's rarely an issue.

Loaner Blade's power is black.

Here's the kicker on Deadpool, the Red is great. It takes off X % of health regardless of level. I have mine at 5 and for 6 red AP I can cut an enemies health by 66%. Thats really great when facing a level 300 Ares and I can cut his health down to normal levels. So during this PVE where deadpool is buffed and 3* Thor it basically comes down to a combo of Deadpool red on everyone then kill everyone in one shot with Lazy Thors Green.

AS for Purple now this shines awesomely even if you only have 1 cover so consider yourself lucky! That is if you have the deadpool points. Once you have all your deadpool points saved up, press the button, you'll be glad you did. You can do it once out of curiosity but save it for a really hard node. We love you instant win button.

Lol hey if it works for you it does, I cant stop you. However since Broly shared his tactic with PvP; how many of us got it to work? Ive had really shitty brackets and ended up in virtually last place. However, how many people are really going to start a new bracket at 2am? So logically the odds are in the players favor going in at that time.

Blade Pvp is for lazy thor, and I have 5 in green. I do need more yellow though. I have 3 in red & want it to stay that way, but I can always use the covers to move his level cap up and repsc him later.

not sure what to do with this PVP event 1am or 4am. Thinking of getting up at 230 am and joining a bracket but this is the last slice meaning major players are going to be in the bracket. ALSO you said how many are going to start a new bracket at 2am. Bad thing about this if the brackets are 1000 players the brackets stay open till filled right (meaning the last bracket might have 995 people in it and you would get screwed coing in late)

so far tried it twice (last 3 or 4 hours ) sunday got top 100 got S.girl cover maybe noone wanted. weds got 185th got 2nd level

Haven't even started the Hood PvE event. I know I have no chance of winning a star lord. Concentrating more on the PvP for now. Hope tu get at least one thor cover from the blade event and then enough points for my 10 pack next time.

random star trek meme that gives broly a chubby.
Yeah it took a magic neverending cascade which gave me enough reds to make Deadpool go slice slice on every enemy 3 times where Im like huh, this works. So now I see I can use it to whittle down level 300 Ares.

not sure what to do with this PVP event 1am or 4am. Thinking of getting up at 230 am and joining a bracket but this is the last slice meaning major players are going to be in the bracket. ALSO you said how many are going to start a new bracket at 2am. Bad thing about this if the brackets are 1000 players the brackets stay open till filled right (meaning the last bracket might have 995 people in it and you would get screwed coing in late)

so far tried it twice (last 3 or 4 hours ) sunday got top 100 got S.girl cover maybe noone wanted. weds got 185th got 2nd level
The issue is NOT starting out so late. The closer you are to an end time the less likely there are people in said bracket to compete with. This is usually the technique Broly uses to get the top tier rewards in pvp. The bracket Im looking at closes at 3am CST. For me Im pretty consistent with getting at least top 100 when playing a straight hour before the tournament closes. The last time I tried the 3am close time & there were only 27 people in my bracket, so I didnt even get the 1000.

You also have to take into consideration the PVE thats currently going on. For some reason last PVE was s struggle, 8 hour refreshes and a prize many veterans already had. There was no reason the focus was on the PVE but it was. So the pvp portion was more relaxed. Same with this pve, for a new 4*, people should be more focused on that than pvp.

Even if players across the pond are jumping into PVP at 3-4am, just estimating a 12 hour time lapse, most would be more likely to be at work or school themselves. Which should also mean less competition.

I just stick to my guns and play the last hour of PVP straight until its over. I will never again try the first slice end time. So this will be an experiment taking the last slice end time. Also the last factor I have in attempting this last time slice is that the competitive PVP players should have already entered to get a more lucrative slice earlier. Start the tournament earlier, get the rewards earlier. All this is speculative and just how it should work. I may just strike out tonight and be in the top 400 and get some standard tokens.

New update for iOS, it actually shows which goons are generating which AP each turn.  Don't know if I like the look of it, but I guess it's useful information.

New update for iOS, it actually shows which goons are generating which AP each turn. Don't know if I like the look of it, but I guess it's useful information.
If you're crazy enough to do the update. Hold off if you can, seems they may actually take feedback & hopefully give us a good update.

And after all that work to get a 10 pack....

1 Gold out of the whole batch. It was a Red Steve Rogers so at least it was something usable. But damn. Only 10% three star cover chance? Surely the drop rate is better than that.

one day left in the PvE event for me. I'll have to see if I can catch up.

I'm kinda bummed that I missed out on getting 50th place in the season by like five points. So, earned five individual tokens instead of the better odds ten pack.

And to top it all off, while it was awarding my tokens, I got the mandatory update push, which interrupted my awards. Lost out on three tokens and the ISO/HP for individual placement. So I had to open a ticket with customer service, waiting to hear back.

Other than that, 10 hours and change in PvE, currently in the 30s for placement. That last hour tonight is going to make a difference between a Star-Lord cover and junk.

I would like to thank all the last minute rubber banding for pretty much screwing everyone right now. That and the points that they gave some people but not others.

I woke up this morning and made it to the 20s.  My score had been on average was about 25 this whole event.  Id even go to sleep and wake up and only drop maybe 10 points but still within top 50.

After getting to the 20s I had 3 hours left in the game.  Had to take my dog to the vet and decided while out to go shopping.  Shit I sleep 8 hours and my score drops 10 points, Im good.  Come home after the 3 hours, congratulations you were top 150... God dammit, I look.  I was 51...Freaking 51!!!!

Taking a look at CAGpVengers we're in the same boat.  Been in the 20s the whole time, now 55?  Where the hell did this magic rubber banding come from in the last couple slices? I shouldve taken an earlier slice because this is ridiculous.  Im beyond upset.  Only good thing is there's nothing to do now & I dont even want to bother with that divine champions crap.  MPQ honestly, why do you really want me to stop playing you?

Just curious - any strong opinions on the best build for Stormhawk?

The forum seems fairly divided. Currently 3/5/5 and debating how to apply the new green.

With those colors and such low health, I'll probably only use her in creative PvE C teams. Black is the least used of the colors, but that cloud also gets matched away quickly.

I got more golds from the standard tokens than from my whole ten pack. An extra yellow for Steve. A power I almost never use.  Got a Gamora too, but I'm not spending the HP to add her.

Daredevil is the reward from the replay of the Rocket & Groot event.

I may try and go for the Progression Reward of Grocket since I do not really need more Daredevil but I doubt I will make it with how much I have been playing lately.

You guys totally made me feel inferior however knowing that while my 3* roster is nice and robust and max leveled, I have no 4* strength. Instead of maxing out my Deadpool I have since focused on getting my X-Force at least to his current cap of like 168 or so. Brought him up from 70 -> 97 this past week so I still have a long ways to go!

My Stormhawk is 4/4/5, and don't really care enough to make the call.

When fighting her, I only care about her black. Green is more useful than yellow in a vacuum, but being able to clear out Team Up tiles has some nice synergy with characters who need X of a color, like Hood, Blade or X-Force, and collecting green to get other colors only has value if she's the only green user on the team.

If you're going to run her to be self-sufficient, though, I'd probably go 5/3/5 unless I planned to use a lot of Team Ups.

As a support character, I think the call is between AP collection/shakeup on green, minimizing the number of team up tiles, and having the ability to overwrite a lot of basic/trap tiles. There is really no amazing improvement in having 5 versus 4 in any of them, so some combination of 5 and two 4s probably makes for acceptable general usage.

Will I give her levels? Probably not.

I got a canned response on my missing Season rewards. Just love getting those "we saw a keyword, so we sent you an email sort of about what you wrote" responses. Waiting for a human to actually read it.

Up to 53 characters with Star-Lord.

Wait, so I can finally get a blue Daredevil cover? My 5/0/5 Daredevil greatly appreciates it. How I can get 5 in red and purple and not one damn blue is beyond me. I still get more daredevil covers too, always sucks to see his icon and surprise, another red. Ive had his red at 5 basically since he came out.

You guys totally made me feel inferior however knowing that while my 3* roster is nice and robust and max leveled, I have no 4* strength. Instead of maxing out my Deadpool I have since focused on getting my X-Force at least to his current cap of like 168 or so. Brought him up from 70 -> 97 this past week so I still have a long ways to go!
YES! Beware my level 200 something X-force! Also my fully covered IW that I dare not spend any iso on because she sucks! Umm my Thor and Elektra only have a couple covers so you can slightly tremble at them. As for Nick, I have him in the hundreds, but he feels more like a support character right now. Oh I need a purple, maybe blue, no one has yellow, ok Nick you're in.

Seriously though aside from X-force paired with Laken and featured character thats about the only 4* I regularly use. If I could spec him right he'd be even more super awesome. Im not happy that I have 5 in yellow for X-force, but that true healing though....Completely healed within 3 turns? Yes please.

I had to spend 650 to open a slot for Star Lord. I'm up to 49 slots now, but I hung on to Juggs for Balance of Power.
Why? I dont hang on to any 1*s because I'll get a crap ton from tokens. Juggs and Venom most of all....lots and lots of venom. Oh and yelena, the game loves giving me her.

If you're going to run her to be self-sufficient, though, I'd probably go 5/3/5 unless I planned to use a lot of Team Ups.

As a support character, I think the call is between AP collection/shakeup on green, minimizing the number of team up tiles, and having the ability to overwrite a lot of basic/trap tiles. There is really no amazing improvement in having 5 versus 4 in any of them, so some combination of 5 and two 4s probably makes for acceptable general usage.
Since she's a powered up character and so is Ms. Marvel 2*, Ive been thinking about TU and yellows. Its completely stupid and why bother saving up enough yellow to do both is beyond me; but why not use both of their yellow powers at the same time? Ms Marvel creates x TU tiles with her yellow and Stormhawk destroys y TU tiles with hers. The for added fun throw in classic mags and just go to town on TU tiles with his red. Now that Im used to TUs I dont really miss environmental tiles. However I have to say 3* storm wouldve been uber beast on the desert and forest environments. I miss those endless desert green cascades, those were the days.

Oh and saved 600 HP, sold my 2* johnny and now have 2 open slots. Im at 47 now, I guess I could build MN mags and modhawk again, probably not.

Lastly: event complaint, Hood with Goons? Thank you maggia for feeding Hood yellow for twin pistols. One shot and Im dead, wonderful. Also thank you for the update with the banner, I really need to be constantly told that every turn goons have fed hood even more. Twin pistols twin pistols twin pistols, Even hulk was barely standing after all that.

Wait, so I can finally get a blue Daredevil cover? My 5/0/5 Daredevil greatly appreciates it. How I can get 5 in red and purple and not one damn blue is beyond me. I still get more daredevil covers too, always sucks to see his icon and surprise, another red. Ive had his red at 5 basically since he came out.

YES! Beware my level 200 something X-force! Also my fully covered IW that I dare not spend any iso on because she sucks! Umm my Thor and Elektra only have a couple covers so you can slightly tremble at them. As for Nick, I have him in the hundreds, but he feels more like a support character right now. Oh I need a purple, maybe blue, no one has yellow, ok Nick you're in.

Seriously though aside from X-force paired with Laken and featured character thats about the only 4* I regularly use. If I could spec him right he'd be even more super awesome. Im not happy that I have 5 in yellow for X-force, but that true healing though....Completely healed within 3 turns? Yes please.

Why? I dont hang on to any 1*s because I'll get a crap ton from tokens. Juggs and Venom most of all....lots and lots of venom. Oh and yelena, the game loves giving me her.

Since she's a powered up character and so is Ms. Marvel 2*, Ive been thinking about TU and yellows. Its completely stupid and why bother saving up enough yellow to do both is beyond me; but why not use both of their yellow powers at the same time? Ms Marvel creates x TU tiles with her yellow and Stormhawk destroys y TU tiles with hers. The for added fun throw in classic mags and just go to town on TU tiles with his red. Now that Im used to TUs I dont really miss environmental tiles. However I have to say 3* storm wouldve been uber beast on the desert and forest environments. I miss those endless desert green cascades, those were the days.

Oh and saved 600 HP, sold my 2* johnny and now have 2 open slots. Im at 47 now, I guess I could build MN mags and modhawk again, probably not.

Lastly: event complaint, Hood with Goons? Thank you maggia for feeding Hood yellow for twin pistols. One shot and Im dead, wonderful. Also thank you for the update with the banner, I really need to be constantly told that every turn goons have fed hood even more. Twin pistols twin pistols twin pistols, Even hulk was barely standing after all that.
yeap + got to love how they power up wolv. Now all the AI is over powered screwing me over. Played one time rank 76. Cant get past the final nod on top with Jug. or the final 2 nods on bottom cause of the one shot hood kill

Glad i dont want the rewards

Also thank you for the update with the banner, I really need to be constantly told that every turn goons have fed hood even more.
This should make you happy, posted last night:

Hi, all,

When we introduced a banner to show how much AP is being generated by characters that don't move the board, we knew that some folks would want an option to control whether it showed or not. We added one for the next major release, but from the feedback we've gotten the last few days, it's clear that's not going to come fast enough.

We've also heard from many people that want this information to be visible, but find that this particular presentation really doesn't work for them.

So here's our plan:
- As soon as we can (we're aiming for tomorrow, 2/3, but still need to finish testing the change), we'll be turning the banner off.
- We'll be revisiting some of the other options for showing this information that we considered along the way to the current presentation, and exploring some new ideas. Both of those avenues include suggestions we've heard here on the forums, so thank you for those. If we find a UI for this that's clear and has a much lower impact (ideally no impact) on turn length, we'll be adding it in a future release. (Depending on the solution, it might be a while before we can roll it out.)

Thanks for all your feedback.

got to love how they screw this game over for newbies. Push it from 3 hour refresh to 8 hour meaning  Bigger team = longer play

Now they want 4 star  PVE expanded to 50 to 150 so they can come in and play once a day and get the rewards what the others are logging into 3 to 4 times a day just to get, so not only do they get to hog all of the rewards in PVP but  now they want all  of the PVE crap as well

been a fun game but with 8 hour refresh there is almost no reason to even play it anymore.

The half second pause for the mook banner does throw your game off a little bit, but I've gotten used to it.

My Daredevil already has 5 blue and 5 purple. 1 red. To get another red I'd have to place in the top 10. Not going to happen. I'll probably still play the event some in the hope for some tokens.

Gamora is the reward for the Storm tournament. Yawn.

Man, I am stuck in PvP. Wanted to get the 1000 progress Thor for Category-5, but I'm sitting shielded at 921 without any targets giving more than 20 points, no matter how much I skip. That's not worth the hassle of potential hits from other players, nevermind the retaliations.

I realize this is a test event for matchmaking, but this is painful. They still haven't fixed the "Skip? Okay, let me match you with the same three people again."

I'm not even in the top five of my bracket, so I will probably not even get all the Gamora covers.

So the random alliance I jumped in awhile back is essentially dead.  Are there any alliances here that have any openings?  My username is the same on MPQ if you want to check my roster to see if I'm worthy. ;)  I play every day, even if it's just for 20 minutes, but usually 45-60 minutes each day.

There's a casual CAG alliance (where we don't really care how you do, or what your point totals are) and a CAGPVE alliance which is more hardcore and expects you to maintain a certain score.

Both are probably full at this time, (The CAG PVE one is private, too  I think) but just post a message here on the board about which one you're interested in.

I think I'm about done with the game myself.

Want to see what disappointment looks like?

15842391614_b0d02c02d3_n.jpg

I even had a 36 point match queued up to shield hop, but fell asleep.

Really glad for the Gauntlet this week. Needed an easy week.

That sucks Koju.  I don't have any Lady Thors, but I don't think I'll ever be up near 1000 points for a PvP.  I had a good run of useless 3 stars, 4 DDs over the past couple days, all that I don't need or don't want.

got to love jumping in events with less then 45 mins to go.  Did it again with spiderman.  Got 4th.   did it with the last 3 events and ended up with 3 covers and  100tok each time.   Could of done it with thor but jumped too soon. Jumped with an hour left  and entered in  485th. if waiting 20 more mins would jumped right.

I jumped into the PvE last night and managed to get to 17k with an hour and a half left still. I decided to let everything recharge and then I would go at it again, easily snatching up the final reward of Grocket and sliding into the top 100 overall and top 50 for the event.

I of course fell asleep. Haha oh well can only use a Red DD anyway but am still taking all the ISO I get and pumping it into X-Force. He is almost 120 now, slow and steady!

This Gauntlet though... I want that Purple Deadpool. Mine is 5/4/4 and would love to have him 5/5/3. Not sure if I can make it all the way though, we shall see.

Also I want the Yellow Hood but really since the change with his move is it really worth it? I think since the patch his ideal build would be 4/5/4 since you rarely use the Yellow and it still ends the turn but with the Black it is easier and more likely to be used?

And damn Koju, that really suck! I still do not even have a single cover for her haha

Also I want the Yellow Hood but really since the change with his move is it really worth it? I think since the patch his ideal build would be 4/5/4 since you rarely use the Yellow and it still ends the turn but with the Black it is easier and more likely to be used?
Hood's yellow is surprisingly good. Yeah, it ends the turn, but you're doing 5k+ damage and clearing tiles you select off the board. Makes for a good finishing move if your other two characters don't have offensive yellows, and works really well against goons. The only thing to note is if you plan your shots to make a match-five, you still end the turn and give the opponent first shot at the critical.

Hood didn't get worse, just different. His weaknesses are still that he's still squishy and covers too many colors.

Hood's yellow is surprisingly good. Yeah, it ends the turn, but you're doing 5k+ damage and clearing tiles you select off the board. Makes for a good finishing move if your other two characters don't have offensive yellows, and works really well against goons. The only thing to note is if you plan your shots to make a match-five, you still end the turn and give the opponent first shot at the critical.

Hood didn't get worse, just different. His weaknesses are still that he's still squishy and covers too many colors.
This! If you know how to use it, its just freaking awesome. It may end the turn but its an end nuke as well. I dont think many can last for long if at all after a properly used twin pistols. I know that usually its a bitch when you play against the computer, but if you use Hood properly he's just as deadly for you. Plus look at yellow this way: Insane damage, board control (you can place the shot on any tile including enemy countdowns), and cascade potential. I think thats worth 1 match 3 move dont you?

I am by no means discrediting the power of his Yellow hah I know it is a beast of a move!

Hm, I originally was going to say I normally have Yellow accounted for but really the only Yellow moves for my other mainstay characters are Thor's which is a perfect move and then Steve's whose I rarely get off anyway. 

I suppose that just adds to the answer and so yes if I can score that Yellow cover I will tack it on my Hood and make him 5/5/3.

I just do not look forward to trying to get all the way to that Hood and then Deadpool cover... I wish I had more Deadpool points stored up; I have enough for like one insta kill. I normally run Patch, Blade and Falcon as my go to team when just doing my one mission for the day at the least and I really should replace one of them for Deadpool so that I am building back up his points.

I normally run Patch, Blade and Falcon as my go to team when just doing my one mission for the day at the least and I really should replace one of them for Deadpool so that I am building back up his points.
Yes, you do. :)

The best 'collect some Deadpool points, make sure I play once a day' for me is the 'test' node for each season, so that the RNG will eventually give me all four rewards. Failing that, just knock around some level 5 scrubs in the prologue.

So top 10 in each gauntlet is a crock of shit.  They really need to expand this as this test is an absolute fail.  I started a bracket saw top 10 were already done, so I have no incentive.  Finished everything in the first gauntlet ended at 59.  Shouldve just beat the last node with hood and moved on, but no.  I wanted to know if the full points were what the top 10 had, they were. And also to see where I stood once I did everything. They really need to break that shit up like the do the seasons, top 100 and top x, y, z should get something.  Not hey first 10 out of 10k you get somehitng, the rest of you? You get shit! Enjoy!

I guess Im upset because my token pulls are in the shit right now. I get so used to getting golds that I shouldnt expect one daily. I mean honestly I got a green squirrel girl and a yellow lazy thor.  Then I always push the others out of my head because I dont need them: Green Hulk, Blue Hood, Purple Falcon.  I couldve used purple on falcon but I already have him at 4/5/4 and would prefer the extra in yellow and drop the purple honestly.

However the LThor would happen when he's a progression reward in the season wouldnt it? Finally after a long dry spell of having a 1/2/5 LThor, he's now 3/5/5.  Yeah he just came together like Dr Doom when they released his new power.  Also thanks to the alliance my daredevil is 5/2/5 from 5/0/5, so 1 more blue & he's complete too!  Now I guess next would be to finally complete patch.

Is Mn Mags, ModHawk, and C storm really a super awesome combo?  That always felt like a crutch team to me.  Use MN Mags to build blue for Storm, now make match 5s for Modhawks speedshot.  idk Ive moved into 3* land but people still seem to use it.  I keep selling my Modhawk & MN mags. maybe I need to reinvest in them?

bread's done
Back