Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

So top 10 in each gauntlet is a crock of shit.
I view it like missing out on a limited time pricing error someone posts on this site and I don't read until a few hours later. I do agree that the bracket size has a bit of a 'why did they bother?' aspect, though.

If you ignore the placement awards, it's pretty much the same as previous Gauntlet runs - 3* rewards for finishing two out of the three. Haven't started yet, but I plan to finish the whole thing for the purple Deadpool.

And yes, Mag/Storm/Hawk is a strong PvE 2* team. Even without being leveled, I've used them to good effect to let my main teams rest. The real issue is that none of them have the health pool to survive many hits, especially if it's 300+ level match damage. But, if you can get the purple train rolling on a board with a decent amount of blue, you can have a lot of fun.

On that note, I did key into a nice combo of MNMags and Mystique. Use purple to make blue, use blue to make purple and black. Either use Hawkeye or a passive strike tile generator and keep converting back and forth, or bring someone with a better black. I ran it with Luke Cage for some Jabbin', it reminded me of the Patchneto days. Black Panther would probably work really well, as would Blade.

Is Mn Mags, ModHawk, and C storm really a super awesome combo? That always felt like a crutch team to me. Use MN Mags to build blue for Storm, now make match 5s for Modhawks speedshot. idk Ive moved into 3* land but people still seem to use it. I keep selling my Modhawk & MN mags. maybe I need to reinvest in them?
Yeah, I can't see them being that great when you're past the two star level. I think only Mags is boosted for the gauntlet. I can't imagine they would hold up with so little health.

So I got the green Punisher for the second gauntlet, I don't need yellow Hood, and doubt I'll make it to purple Deadpool.  I think I might not even bother with the third gauntlet.  Of course the Spidey tourney has Sentry rewards, which I also don't need, but I guess I can work on that for now and save up Iso.

I have 4 characters maxed at 166 (BP, Steve, Hulk, and Thor), and 6 others I could max if I had Iso (IM, Sentry, Spidey, HT, DD, Storm).  I guess I should probably level X-Force at some point,  he's 3/3/2 and can go to 168.  I usually just boost whoever the featured character is since I focus more on PvE.  I've never really used X-Force, but does that look like the logical person to boost at this point?

Yeah, I can't see them being that great when you're past the two star level. I think only Mags is boosted for the gauntlet. I can't imagine they would hold up with so little health.
I only use them when they're boosted in events as well. you're exactly right that they don't have much value past the two point game.

Could care less about the sentry rewards from spidey. will try and get the green punisher from the gauntlet.

So I got the green Punisher for the second gauntlet, I don't need yellow Hood, and doubt I'll make it to purple Deadpool. I think I might not even bother with the third gauntlet. Of course the Spidey tourney has Sentry rewards, which I also don't need, but I guess I can work on that for now and save up Iso.

I have 4 characters maxed at 166 (BP, Steve, Hulk, and Thor), and 6 others I could max if I had Iso (IM, Sentry, Spidey, HT, DD, Storm). I guess I should probably level X-Force at some point, he's 3/3/2 and can go to 168. I usually just boost whoever the featured character is since I focus more on PvE. I've never really used X-Force, but does that look like the logical person to boost at this point?
I am blanking on who HT is but I also am trying to rush out of the office so there is that haha.

Given those other characters yeah I would just focus on X-Force. My problem is mine can get to 168 as well but even there he is not all that good. I have mine now at 121 so he is at least at an okay level if I get more covers that it wont be super daunting but for now I have already focused on my others. I have a whole slew of powerful characters I can max at 166 that I use all the time and I am going to give them some love. Those being Deadpool, Steve, BP and Hood.

Using Doom is really nice now so if I could only get more purple I would start boosting him more.

I also scored a Purple Falcon from one of the Gauntlet tokens and oddly enough that was the last cover I needed for him (he was 5/5/2) so while I never use his purple really, having him maxed in terms of powers is nice and once I get all those I named above to 166 I will start pushing him some more just so he at least has a little bit bigger of a health pool.

I am blanking on who HT is but I also am trying to rush out of the office so there is that haha.
Human Torch.

The decision really comes down to this: Do you want to compete in PvP, or do you only care about PvE?

If you want to do well in PvP, getting a strong climb team and a strong push team is critical. The best teams right now usually have some variation of X-Force + someone else, either a true healer (Daken), an AP stealer (Hood/Loki), or a powerhouse (Thor/Magneto). Then you want to work on everyone else so you have a good featured character whenever possible. So, putting levels in X-Force is a good investment right now.

Now, if you only want to succeed in PvE, the game right now punishes you for maxing out your levels. The best strategy is to get to a 'useable' level for every single character on your roster - generally 100-115 for 3*s from what I see. In that case, I would avoid leveling X-Force (he's never featured), and focus on getting everyone up to that useable level.

All that being said, my 270 X-Force gets a lot of play in both modes, he's really good.

Human Torch.

The decision really comes down to this: Do you want to compete in PvP, or do you only care about PvE?

If you want to do well in PvP, getting a strong climb team and a strong push team is critical. The best teams right now usually have some variation of X-Force + someone else, either a true healer (Daken), an AP stealer (Hood/Loki), or a powerhouse (Thor/Magneto). Then you want to work on everyone else so you have a good featured character whenever possible. So, putting levels in X-Force is a good investment right now.

Now, if you only want to succeed in PvE, the game right now punishes you for maxing out your levels. The best strategy is to get to a 'useable' level for every single character on your roster - generally 100-115 for 3*s from what I see. In that case, I would avoid leveling X-Force (he's never featured), and focus on getting everyone up to that useable level.

All that being said, my 270 X-Force gets a lot of play in both modes, he's really good.
So, since I already have several characters at 166, I'm already somewhat screwed as far as the enemy scaling? And if I don't push X-Force past 166 it won't affect that? Or is it more the total level of everyone?

Jealous on the purple Falcon Broly, I've needed one for quite a long time. I use him all the time at 153, he's my man support character.

So, since I already have several characters at 166, I'm already somewhat screwed as far as the enemy scaling? And if I don't push X-Force past 166 it won't affect that? Or is it more the total level of everyone?
I don't know the actual math. I don't think it's a straightforward sum or average, because it doesn't get easier when you have a bunch of low covered 3*s clogging up your roster pages. I suspect it's some kind of Top N characters calculation.

So, while you don't have a cakewalk, I don't think you've done something irreversible.

Note that the devs have said your roster doesn't affect event scaling, only the initial levels you see when starting. Scaling is based on your performance and the community in general - the better you do, the more nodes you clear, the harder the nodes will be. The same thing if everyone else is doing well, also.

I randomly walked into my apartment and was not even thinking of MPQ and was like OH HUMAN TORCH DUH haha I love how your brain is working on things you aren't even aware of : P

What I am being reminded of right now with the Gauntlet event however is that having a strong 4* roster would make the event quite a bit easier so while the obvious answer is that he is amazing for PvP, having him here would also be super beneficial. Seeing as all the enemies are around 200+ having your own character at or above that level would help greatly. Like I said though my X-Force is not really up to snuff power wise so I found leveling him was just a fruitless effort until I got him more moves.

In regards to having 166 characters and enemy scaling, I never really feel I get crazy hard enemies in any of the events and I have a handful of 166's and then even more 3*s 100+. Not in PvE anyway. After I went crazy hard with that 3* Thor release and then blasted him to 166 as fast as humanly possible without buying ISO I have had just unbearable levels in PvP other than of course the initial seed teams : P

jumped into the pvp that ended at 10pm est tonight.  Jumped a litle too late.  usually jump with 35 mins left. Jumped this time with 25 mins left.  Jumped in 144 people. ended 31th.     one cover and 50HP and i think 1000 crystals.   should of jump at  915 would made top 10 easy 

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I was ONE move away on the last Gauntlet node, ONE! And then of course X-Force decided it was time to use his green and end the match right then.

That last node sucks because without Thor or Wolverine I do not have a main green powerhouse. I have hulk but my favorite team for the really hard nodes is either Patch or Thor with Steve and Hood. The matches may drag on but I end them with a win usually.

That one with the crazy powered Luke Cage where he makes a 415 defense tile every turn if there isnt one, damn. I was super stoked I beat that entire match with only Hood taking about 1k damage whereas everyone else was fine. I got lucky and was able to get off some Steve Blues early for protection and then even pumped out his Yellow fairly quickly too.

I still have ALL the Essential nodes as well as the very final node and then I can get my Deadpool...

Ouch. I think I'm like one behind you. Just got wiped out in the Black Panther/Dino/Loki node - didn't pay attention to how much freakin' damage BP's Rage can do when he's level 350, and I'm out of health packs. Still more than a day left, shouldn't be an issue.

Pulled a Broly on the Spider-Man event, ended up getting first. So now my IW is 5/3/5, and sold off the Sentry covers. Not sure why I did that, but hey. Could use the Mystique covers in the next one, I kinda like her MNMags combo.

I thoroughly enjoy how most of the nodes take away from your main team.  My Strike team: Panther, Psylocke, and Pun usually generate so many strike tiles I blaze through most nodes, especially with magic cascades.  So Low and behold at the crossroads of the first set of essentials I find LThor, Panther, and Psylocke.  2 of my Strike team gone :/  Out of health packs now, thanks to squirrel girl one shotting my punisher, really?!?!? 

I will have to say the 2nd goon node on the last gauntlet I did put together a fun team.  Blade, Falcon, and Doc Ock.  I could not believe how great doc ock was against goons.  Every countdown he matched he made an attack tile, Falcons Yellow inspiration would beef up my tiles. Then we have Blades thirst creating strike tiles.  No one used red so had no reason to match em.  On top of that Doc Ocks green finally made some sense.  Whatever redwing couldnt get Doc would stun a goon and shatter a countdown tile.  I think in the real world Id never use that team but the gauntlet always makes you think out of the box. 

Just like the CMags, Falcon, Spidey node in the 2nd gauntlet.  I tried my damndest to use Daredevil or Cap Marvel to get rid of all those protect tiles. In the end I used some off the wall team. All I remember is I denied purple using loki and pretty much constantly shook up the board. I only used trickery once for 1 spider sense tile. Loki's green power really shined in that battle as well since the computer loves to match 4. Once again like Doc Ock though, I highly doubt he'd be as useful in a real pvp battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loki's green power really shined in that battle as well since the computer loves to match 4. Once again like Doc Ock though, I highly doubt he'd be as useful in a real pvp battle.
Oddly enough, Loki gets a decent amount of PvP play because of how he can stall out the early game for the AI. If you get him to five green, it's crazy how much AP he can steal, so a turn two or three match four by the AI pretty much resets their AP. Trickery and Illusions are now his secondary powers.

I've been toying around with Hulk bombing with Patch, trying to find the best third. I think Loki still gets that spot, but Daredevil and Doom get honorable mentions - trap tiles are really a lousy mechanic, though. Falcon might work, too, but I think he's too slow for this purpose.

I put the beat down on that last X-Force/Thor node with Steve, Hood and Punisher - reminded me that a boosted Frank is still kind of fun despite being left in the dust with newer characters. Being able to pull off 8k damage with 8 AP is pretty nice, as are the boosted strike tiles. Just need to knock out the essentials for that purple Deadpool.

I haven't tried anything truly off the wall, though. Did notice that Squirrel Girl's green is painful at high levels, as is Star-Lord's red.

I haven't tried anything truly off the wall, though.
I just finished the 1st set of essentials. Since Daredevil is essential well that was a given, but I just used the powered up guys all together. Who knew that Hood, Punisher, and Daredevil would actually make a good team? I know thats not too crazy because they're the featured characters but still.

Are we back to Hulk Bombing from sentry bombing? I got it to work, but I didnt know we were back doing that.

And yes trap tiles are a shitty mechanic, but they can work to your favor. The Dr Doom one is basically rack em up until they fill the board then let loose. Daredevil Ive managed to coax the AI into setting them off. If you have one in the path of a match 4, you know the computer wont pass it up. Then boom, instakill! They've improved the use of trap tiles but some, Elektra, still need quite a bit of work.

Are we back to Hulk Bombing from sentry bombing? I got it to work, but I didnt know we were back doing that.

And yes trap tiles are a shitty mechanic, but they can work to your favor. The Dr Doom one is basically rack em up until they fill the board then let loose. Daredevil Ive managed to coax the AI into setting them off. If you have one in the path of a match 4, you know the computer wont pass it up. Then boom, instakill! They've improved the use of trap tiles but some, Elektra, still need quite a bit of work.
Hulk bombing works, so it'll stick around. The key is finding a way to sustain it further than a Hulk health pack per match.

The problem with trap tiles is this specific instance is that the Daredevil required nodes keep throwing Daken, Blade or anyone else who just freakin' overwrites them. I don't mind the gambling element of traps, but the red overwrite just makes me remember I don't have this problem with Steve's red.

I agree, though, I like the Doom implementation. It's funny when you do a Doom lightning round and your traps just disappear because of the opponent's Diabolical Plot. Gee, wonder where that trap tile got placed?

Gah.

Finally got my Purple Deadpool.

That was miserable. Whoever made that last essential node with like 263 4hor, Luke Cage and Loki can burn in hell.

I wasted a few hundred HP and ISO buying boosts because I kept failing. I hate that I was forced to use stupid Frank. Ugh. BUT I finally was able to slowly but surely take them down with Steve and Hood. I gave myself +3 Blue/Purple +3 All AP and 100% Bonus Match Damage. The boosted match damage just put me on their damage output level and then the other AP ones were so I could quickly start off with Steve's Blue to get Luke stunned and not able to put up his defense tile and then to be sure I had some strong defense tiles on the board myself early on. All my other attempts I got slaughtered but as usual with the Steve/Hood combo I actually ended with each of the three characters of mine at a healthy level of Hit Points still.

But yeah I tried my hardest not to be that crazy person on the train this morning when I got that node done hahaha I did like a fist grab/ shake in air and exclaimed "YES!!!" but that was it haha

This Gauntlet was pretty awesome in that it got both my Hood and Deadpool now to their ideal builds for me and then of course the copious amounts of ISO! Granted I spent probably like 400 HP but really still a total net gain.

In playing through this event I realized a few things. I never play for extended periods of time really anymore, unless at the very end of a PvE I actually care about. With that then having a strong big roster is nice but having my main characters maxed would be even better since more often than not I just play a few matches using my really strong guys and then am bored and done for that time. Plus on so many occasions now, that Steve/Hood combo has saved my ass and yet I left my Hood at 143 and my Steve at 152. Then there is Deadpool and BP who are also up there but not quite maxed.

I know in terms of ISO to actual gain I should focus on X-Force, Doom, Torch, Colossus, Falcon, Daken, Capt Marvel or even Daredevil based on their current power levels but really like I said I just usually end up using my main guys and so for now I will focus on getting them up to 166. Once I do that I will have 8 max level character at 166.

I have been noticing more and more that I hate having Hulk on my team. I never use his Green because almost all my teams now pretty much use countdowns, traps or attack/protect/strike tiles. Plus his Red is just garbage. He is literally just a meat shield for me. With that then too when I was gimped in this event not being able to use Thor or Patch, I have no other really good Green users at all. Which made me look back at Torch a bit more too seeing as again his Green may not be ideal but at least it is a decent one to help build out a more rainbow team from time to time.

Also, I really am digging Daredevil. With him boosted for me he was at 153 I believe and so it was a good taste of what a maxed Daredevil would be able to do. He is 5/5/3 for me and so while his Red is crazy powerful, I never really used it. His Purple is perfect in situations against a bunch of protect, strike or attack tiles. His Blue is pretty nice too seeing as you stun the enemy and if you can protect that countdown for one turn after they come back then you can insta-stun them again. Not perfect but still decent. As a support character with just Purple and Blue he is pretty decent now and then with his Red as a fallback I can see myself actually caring to level him up in the near future.

This is a super long post of me just ranting my thoughts on my current situation in the game. I just kept going and going and now I just realized how long this is o_O    (that's what she said?)

Next PvE event is ISO-8 Brotherhood, with 3* Cyclops as new character reward.

More info here, but essentially red direct damage, yellow based red generation, and conditional boosted black damage.

Also some confirmation about the new Deadpool Daily Quest. A daily non-competitive mode, so that's nice. (Scroll the pictures at the bottom to see more info, like Taco Tokens.)

More info here, but essentially red direct damage, yellow based red generation, and conditional boosted black damage.

Also some confirmation about the new Deadpool Daily Quest. A daily non-competitive mode, so that's nice.
Oooh! I have been wanting more X-men seeing as they are my favorite of all of Marvel's characters. Bummed he is another Yellow/Red/Black but I figured he would be. Both a Gambit and Nightcrawler 3* would have good color combinations I feel like..

I am going to a meeting now but will actually read the article when I get back later!

I haven't played in about 2 or 3 days now. I definitely won't be getting my 4000 points for the 10 Heroic pack. (or any rewards from the gauntlet,)

I'm full on casual now.

Also some confirmation about the new Deadpool Daily Quest. A daily non-competitive mode, so that's nice. (Scroll the pictures at the bottom to see more info, like Taco Tokens.)
Guessing nothing until next week for the daily PVES

Anyone want to guess what levels the rewards will be i say

Top 50 get Yellow and red

going to need top 25 to get black

underwater levels,” “R71,” and “three stars” coming over the plane’s intercom; Fury’s starting to get a little worried, and he’s thinking of sending Scott into the Blackbird bathroom as his first official S.H.I.E.L.D. mission to find out what’s going on. Stay tuned to the game in the coming days as the details will emerge about this new treat.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/24081/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_cyclops#ixzz3RYlb0EMt

Red power is his most basic and beloved, Optic Blasts. Here Scott blows up a random row of tiles in a display of raw power while dealing direct damage to the targeted opponent

w power, we show off his leadership as a Mutant Revolutionary. In a bit of a flip from fellow teacher Storm’s Yellow, instead of providing Team Up AP, the eldest of the Summers children instead takes Team Up tiles on the board and converts them to Red tiles. This will naturally feed into either his own Optic Blasts or some of the other powerful Red based abilities like Wolverine’s Best There Is or Thor (Goddess)’s Smite.

Black power, where Scott really takes the gloves—and potentially the visor—off. With a 13 AP charged Full Blast, Scott deals a huge amount of damage to the opponent in one shot. At max level, this is enough to down support characters in a blow. But more than that, if there are enough Red tiles on the board, Mr. Summers really lets loose, pulling off his visor and unleashing his full power.

so be on the outlook for Teams of him maxxed with 4 star maxxed thor to even destory more of a chance to play high LOL

If it follows previous trends, it will be red for lowest reward/alliance, yellow for middle placement, black for top spot. (Red is the basic attack, yellow is utility, black is the 'best' cover.)

Trend for a 3* release is 1-2 gets a 4* as well, 3-10 gets all three 3* covers, 11-20 gets two, and top 150 gets one. Sometimes the two cover bracket gets extended to top 50.

Its interesting they made him a 3*.  Since they're using the MN Cyclops I figured he'd be a 2* just like MN Mags.  His powers are broken and are highly unstable. (Im actually behind on my comic reading, so I dont know if they're fixed yet)

3* shouldve been saved for classic cyke once again like Mags.  I mean storm was left in 1* land, her classic 2* land, and rehash stormhawk was 3*.  Wolverine has how many damn skins, if you include Daken? 

I know it wouldnt be as big of a thrill if they released another 2*, since they like to do that after the 3* release: Johnny Torch, Ms Marvel. 

Still just curious how they planned all this out, I mean cant really change it now.  Im just used to collecting games were as you get higher in the tiers you get less variety.  Not small amount of 1*s, 2*s, everyone is a 3*, and then a couple 4*s.  I hate to say this but they're gonna have to do a power shift soon.  Adjust some 3*s to 2*s and create a balance where you're not hoping for a cover because the 3* pool is so over saturated.

Just did a character count, there are:

7 1* & 4*

14 2*

and now with Cyclops there will be 34 3*s. 

There's no reason why Rare cards should be more than common, uncommon AND Legendary cards combined.  I love the marvel aspect and the match 3, but sometimes I really think the programmers are insane or they dont really understand how to change it.

If it follows previous trends, it will be red for lowest reward/alliance, yellow for middle placement, black for top spot. (Red is the basic attack, yellow is utility, black is the 'best' cover.)

Trend for a 3* release is 1-2 gets a 4* as well, 3-10 gets all three 3* covers, 11-20 gets two, and top 150 gets one. Sometimes the two cover bracket gets extended to top 50.
look like its flipped

Red top 10

black and yellow top 50

yellow top 150

So, I'm staring at the Magneto PvP event and pondering my strategy. I only need a top 100 placement to get the only Patch cover I want, but I also want the first place Thor cover and the 900 progression award for the blue Magneto. (Getting 1000 for the yellow Star-Lord wouldn't be bad, but not a goal.)

I have two options. I can start inside the 8 hour PvE refresh later today and work my way to the progression award, requiring a lot of extra playing, shield use and managing fights. The flip side, I gamble on a last minute join hoping for a good bracket.

In both scenarios, getting the Patch cover is pretty much assured. The decision is putting extra work to get the blue Magneto (and maybe Star-Lord) or gamble on bracketing for an easy Thor cover. Magneto is probably my most oldest uncovered character, but Thor is the PvP metagame. Hmm.

So, I'm staring at the Magneto PvP event and pondering my strategy. I only need a top 100 placement to get the only Patch cover I want, but I also want the first place Thor cover and the 900 progression award for the blue Magneto. (Getting 1000 for the yellow Star-Lord wouldn't be bad, but not a goal.)

I have two options. I can start inside the 8 hour PvE refresh later today and work my way to the progression award, requiring a lot of extra playing, shield use and managing fights. The flip side, I gamble on a last minute join hoping for a good bracket.

In both scenarios, getting the Patch cover is pretty much assured. The decision is putting extra work to get the blue Magneto (and maybe Star-Lord) or gamble on bracketing for an easy Thor cover. Magneto is probably my most oldest uncovered character, but Thor is the PvP metagame. Hmm.
I'm in a similar situation, I definitely want the yellow Patch, but I'd love Thor, extra Patches, etc. Unfortunately, my luck with brackets is usually awful, so I generally grind for the one manageable cover. I'm not to the point where I can reach the 800/900 point covers, but if I get one usable cover, I feel like I'm at least making some progress.

I do not even remember the last time I seriously touched a PvP event.

I have so put MPQ on the back-burner and now with MH4U that is really taking up my 'travel time gaming' haha

I am just focused now on playing to get my characters up and eventually getting new ones through sheer luck. Fortunately this event's placement rewards do not interest me at all since my Hood is maxed but I could use the Cyclops progression reward. Looks like I will actually be starting this event right when it begins to hopefully nab at least the one cover. Will be tough without a Cyclops already though as I am sure he will be the required character.

So, I kind of like these new "Wave battles" or whatever we are going to call them. It is fun to go in with Thor, BP and DP and just chugging through the first one and then on the the subsequent ones just taking turns dishing out the hurt with your team damage moves which should be charged by that point.

*edit*

Jumped into the Magneto PvP with like 50 minutes left and planned on playing just a couple during my break to get me a few points but I played the whole time and landed a #5 spot haha. Do not need any of the covers but that means I get 6500 ISO and 100HP so I will take it!

And holy damn my X-Force is so weak. I used his green expecting at least 1k damage and it destroys a piddle like 4 tiles and did 800 damage. I really need some more covers for him!

So, I kind of like these new "Wave battles" or whatever we are going to call them. It is fun to go in with Thor, BP and DP and just chugging through the first one and then on the the subsequent ones just taking turns dishing out the hurt with your team damage moves which should be charged by that point.

And holy damn my X-Force is so weak. I used his green expecting at least 1k damage and it destroys a piddle like 4 tiles and did 800 damage. I really need some more covers for him!
Lol you act like we've never had survival nodes before or that this event is new. This was the debut of Elektra. Side note: my enemy of the state token gave me my 1st red Elektra all her powers now! Yet I was reminded for her debut event, she's not powered up this time....really ?!?!?!

I jumped into the event at 90 last night made it to 28! Had 1 minute left in the timer, one more battle and I couldve made it to top 25. Either stick at 28 & watch the timer or get caught mid battle & have the event end. Just wanted a yellow patch anyways.

Then it hit me, next event is patch! So that means my X-force is benched... ugh. Its so easy just to blaze through with X-force, Laken, & freebie character. Just get to 300 and the pvp token and wait for top x prizes. Oh well I guess the ISO I get from the current PVE will go to leveling up Patch instead of blade.

Daily Deapdools, that was a fun little distraction. Funny how I never used deadpool in it, but remembered after to use him for the deadpool points. Kinda hurts not being able to use 3*s in the non "essential" nodes, but I mean I got my 2* rainbow team so that works. Thor, OBW, Ms Marvel: in this team I feel thor outweighs Ares due to tile generation. Although Yellow gets hard to choose, TU tiles from Ms Marvel or Green from Thor. Depends on the TUs you have I guess.

Lastly they did it again, Cyclops teaser was awesome! Changing TU tiles to red? Brilliant! Of course that was super powered up and probably the real version wont be as good. I have 2 in yellow & during the essentials in the PVE it was ok, nothing drastic. I know, I need more covers.

are the grouping us now    who we have.  I mean last 8 times i got  an easy bracket  this last time with patch. Messed up and joined before the event even started. 335 pt was good enough for  13th slot.

I love to see pVP keep up like this.   1 to 3 covers    1000+ iso   25 to 100 HP ever 2  days  nice

Lol you act like we've never had survival nodes before or that this event is new. This was the debut of Elektra. Side not my enemy of the state token gave me my 1st red Elektra all her powers now! Yet I was reminded for her debut event, she's not powered up this time....really ?!?!?!

I jumped into the event at 90 last night made it to 28! Had 1 minute left in the timer, one more battle and I couldve made it to top 25. Either stick at 28 & watch the timer or get caught mid battle & have the event end. Just wanted a yellow patch anyways.

Then it hit me, next event is patch! So that means my X-force is benched... ugh. Its so easy just to blaze through with X-force, Laken, & freebie character. Just get to 300 and the pvp token and wait for top x prizes. Oh well I guess the ISO I get from the current PVE will go to leveling up Patch instead of blade.

Daily Deapdools, that was a fun little distraction. Funny how I never used deadpool in it, but remembered after to use him for the deadpool points. Kinda hurts not being able to use 3*s in the non "essential" nodes, but I mean I got my 2* rainbow team so that works. Thor, OBW, Ms Marvel: in this team I feel thor outweighs Ares due to tile generation. Although Yellow gets hard to choose, TU tiles from Ms Marvel or Green from Thor. Depends on the TUs you have I guess.

Lastly they did it again, Cyclops teaser was awesome! Changing TU tiles to red? Brilliant! Of course that was super powered up and probably the real version wont be as good. I have 2 in yellow & during the essentials in the PVE it was ok, nothing drastic. I know, I need more covers.
D'oh! I don't know if I ever even played the Elektra event... That was when my playing was almost completely non-existent. I honestly do not remember ever playing survival nodes or this event. So hell, it is new to me : D

AND YES. Holy balls. I loved using that powered up Cyclops! I mirror pretty much everything you said about him.

Didn't touch the Deadpool Daily but can you explain what exactly it is and who can and cannot be used?

D'oh! I don't know if I ever even played the Elektra event... That was when my playing was almost completely non-existent. I honestly do not remember ever playing survival nodes or this event. So hell, it is new to me : D

AND YES. Holy balls. I loved using that powered up Cyclops! I mirror pretty much everything you said about him.

Didn't touch the Deadpool Daily but can you explain what exactly it is and who can and cannot be used?
for Deadpool, you need 1 and 2 star characters. It's designed for people moving 2-3*, today's gives you a yellow Black Panther. Also, a decent amount of ISO for 10-15 minutes of playing. I think I got 4-5000 including the 500 for selling the BP.

for Deadpool, you need 1 and 2 star characters. It's designed for people moving 2-3*, today's gives you a yellow Black Panther. Also, a decent amount of ISO for 10-15 minutes of playing. I think I got 4-5000 including the 500 for selling the BP.
UGH! My 3*+ roster foils these events!

i find going into a Late PVP alot eaiser then the daliy thiing. Last 7 PVP joined in last hour got 1 to 3 covers each time . The daily your going to need 3 stars almost maxxed or you stand no chance. Level 120 to 130 Against your level 80 is going to get crushed and crushed major

i find going into a Late PVP alot eaiser then the daliy thiing. Last 7 PVP joined in last hour got 1 to 3 covers each time . The daily your going to need 3 stars almost maxxed or you stand no chance. Level 120 to 130 Against your level 80 is going to get crushed and crushed major
I don't have any maxed 3*s but none of the battles were very difficult. Pretty easy 3* with about 4k ISO.

Played on my Steam account because I remembered hey I do have a black panther, I can play that essential node & maybe get another one.

Well after 30+ standard tokens and 2 taco tokens, I managed to get 2 Gold covers. 1 purple spiderman, blah, and 1 rage of the panther. 

That was really awesome since the last survival node was complete shit for someone going to the 2-3* transition. 

If you have no leveled characters and a roster with all 3*s that only have 1-2 covers you're screwed.  My level 75 OBW & Thor got screwed over god knows how many times.  You know its BS when you have full HP after fakey healing with OBW & make it to the last level only to have Deadpool drop whales on you your first turn.  Im sitting there staring at my computer as not only whales but then twin pistols and summon demons; as if I didnt know my steam roster was inferior. This is why I havent dropped any money into my steam account on this game.  All that was standing was my 3 green cover hulk which they strung along just to have doom summon demons AGAIN on the very next turn. Shut down steam and will revisit that account in another 10 days....

Yellow Mags for today's daily.
Yellow is the only skill of his I have maxed. But hey, managed to pull another blue from a token yesterday, so I'm not cranky.

I really like this format. For one, it gives you something to play for your daily rewards/Deadpool points. Second, it forces you to play with those characters collecting dust against opponents you can actually beat. I'm actually contemplating giving levels to 2*s for this reason. Heck, I dropped 20 levels on 1* Widow because I was trying to solo that first node while Iron Man and Juggernaut are off gallivanting on patrol. (Failed twice, couldn't get enough blue to keep stuns going while I whittled health. I'll wait until the other two return to finish off the event today.)

As Broly and DST mention, it really only punishes people who don't keep lower star characters in their roster, but the only punishment is not getting some extra tokens/ISO, so that's fair. The 3* cover gain will still be a viable daily activity.

I am going to try for the 1k Thor progression in Cage Match. I will have to start later today to get a running start. Also will try to find another strategy other than Hulkbombing in the first few matches - Doom and Hood/Loki, maybe. Or run Lazy Thor and Hood, and let Patch just tank. Hmm.

Ugh yeah I am tempted to open up slots just to recruit some 1* and 2* characters so I can get these easy rewards each day. I was able to solo the 2* one with my OBW yesterday but not having any 1*s makes it impossible to get the main reward of course.

I agree with you Koju that having this little thing in here is nice for each day. Definitely smart on their end to get people to want to log in each day which is one of their main metrics besides money spent of course, daily log ins.

I can never remember to schedule my breaks around the PvP end times. Or I'm always super busy.

Dont think I played in the Cyclops event at all, I kinda took last week off. I'd apologize, but the alliance is non-competitive now, right?

(I'm playing Chain Command quite a bit now)

The Deadpool Daily challenge is a great addition with very attainable decent rewards.  It is drawing me back to become more competitive in order to build up my roster haha. Good job, MPQ developers.

Daily Deadpool Desirables? Do I really have to start playing again as a super casual?
I have a bad feeling it wont stay around for every day...

I hope it does but I can see this also being a temporary thing for like a week or so.

Either way, yes, come back and join ussssssss

And your Wheel of Fortune episode airs soon! Haha I am excited : P

I have a bad feeling it wont stay around for every day...

I hope it does but I can see this also being a temporary thing for like a week or so.
I see it as a short term solution as well. You can see it with the Taco Token rewards, its a limited number of 3*s you can gain from those tokens. So if it does stay for a while you can expect those 3*s to be in rotation as rewards for the guaranteed cover. Also Im guessing it will be the "easily" attained cover given as the reward. As with the green stormhawk given the other day. Ive had 5 in that and keep getting her green, it seems the more readily given of her covers. Im happy with the Classic Magneto and Luke Cage cover. Once again though I now have 4 in righteous uppercut, so is that his most prevalent cover?

My main concern is that this really isnt a quick solution to rectify the problem. Basically it seems like the devs way of saying, "Hey we know we have too many 3* covers and people cant level them up, lets use this daily quest to help them." One of the biggest problem is the first essential node. I see it from both sides though. You have that essential character, you only have 1 cover that helps you get another color and level up said character. Its also a deterrent for the people who DONT know how to play MPQ. You dont have the required character? Then you dont need this cover and waste spots in your roster instead of leveling up the characters you have to be effective. I guess doesnt matter anyways once they get a gold from a Taco token they'll drop that level 50 IM35 to have a 1 cover yellow Groocket.

I just think long term, people will wait for Guaranteed covers and this game will become uber casual to a lot of people. Im not wasting time on PVP or PVE I can get some decent covers from the Deadpool Daily, then I get my daily rewards, Im all set! Im sure the hardcore wont think like that but really why try to get top 100 for a c mags cover when you play an easy round and are guaranteed one? Its a no brainer.

Just to weigh my opinion on it, I do like it. Its fun to play to get my daily reward and some other prizes. Its something to do before I jump into PVP or PVE. And its a shit ton better than wasting time on the Simulator. Although Im thinking I may try to get the top prizes in the simulator this time, I wouldnt mind more luke cage and squirrel girl covers. But damn, point values are so low in the simulator cause no one really plays it.

Speaking of Squirrel girl, I have a level 102 squirrel girl. She really is tons of fun to play. I know its stupid but I dont mind leveling her up. And aside from GSBW where can I get a decent active Green/Purple combo?

Lastly talking about Combos, I hate making teams with powered up characters because I cant guage if thats there true abilities. However I have a team which works well in this PVE that Ive been using: Deadpool, Cyclops, Groocket. I was always worried about Deadpools red not finishing off people, however in this team he actually can kill most hand in one shot. How is that? Groocket is powered up, so his blue strike tiles are off the charts, they push Deadpools red over the limit. Cyclops yellow feed deadpool red, so in no time you have enough red for deadpool to slice every enemy in a wave, then hit them with whales and done. For backup if needed you have Cyclops black, I finally got the progression reward, and Groockets green, nothing special but it can create mini cascades. Also put groocket in the front as much as possible for a meat shield, he gets too hurt, match a yellow and he's back! Once again I have to point out that Cyclops and Groocket are powered up for the event, so real world use might be a little different.

Sidenote: Did anyone else realize with Dr Doom's purple ability that he and Lazy Thor are a rainbow team unto themselves? All colors represented with just those 2. I didnt realize it myself until I was trying out a new team combo. Since those 2 already have all the colors your 3rd could be whoever you like or would complement them.

This really turned out longer than I thought it would....

Ugh, still no Cyclops and so I am drudging through the PvE right now hoping to at least score the 40k Black Cyclops.

Also, screw the Deadpool Daily haha it has forced me to recruit 2* and 1* characters. DUMB. I am now sitting with 2* Thor and Wolverine and 1* Iron Man and Venom. And holy crap it is funny using an unleveled 2* Thor then using your maxed out 3* Thor haha.

Speaking of Venom I would like to see him make his way back in the game, I always have loved Venom.

With the Deadpool Daily I wonder if this is their initial transition to 4*s now. By allowing us to all have more readily available 3*s they can now focus on pushing out more 4*s. Just a thought.

And dang, didn't even notice that about Thor and Doom, that is pretty solid. My favorite rainbow power team is still Thor, Deadpool and Black Panther though! : D

Ugh, still no Cyclops and so I am drudging through the PvE right now hoping to at least score the 40k Black Cyclops.

Also, screw the Deadpool Daily haha it has forced me to recruit 2* and 1* characters. DUMB. I am now sitting with 2* Thor and Wolverine and 1* Iron Man and Venom. And holy crap it is funny using an unleveled 2* Thor then using your maxed out 3* Thor haha.

Speaking of Venom I would like to see him make his way back in the game, I always have loved Venom.

With the Deadpool Daily I wonder if this is their initial transition to 4*s now. By allowing us to all have more readily available 3*s they can now focus on pushing out more 4*s. Just a thought.

And dang, didn't even notice that about Thor and Doom, that is pretty solid. My favorite rainbow power team is still Thor, Deadpool and Black Panther though! : D
jumped into the 10am est PVP today at 920am only had 20 people in it and filled fast. was good enough to take top 20 (came in 15th)

cy is now 1-3-3

I see it as a short term solution as well.
I look at it this way:

Right now there are 33 3* characters. You need to have at least one cover for any given character to even participate. Let's just focus on the one character you have with 1 cover, ignoring everything else, meaning you need at least 12 more to cover max. That is at least 363 days from the first daily for that character. Now, many optimal power configurations are 5, 5, 3. Assuming a power rotation (each power is done in turn in a predictable pattern, like red, green, blue, red, green, etc.), you now are looking at up to 463 days, depending on which cover you started with and which one you want to be 5s.

And that's without factoring in new characters getting released at least once a month, elongating the cycle.

This will not put a dent in the existing competitive cover earning, because it's too slow. What it will do will let people who cannot get the top placements still have an avenue of collecting covers until they can. I mean, we all have been playing for a while without this and have characters who are covered and leveled just fine - that part of the game doesn't change.

For everyone else, either still in the 2* transition or working on the 4* one, it's a way to get some more tokens and a new source of critically needed ISO. It has been so much fun being able to level people regularly with the extra couple thousand each day.

I do think it needs to be a little less Deadpool and a little more 'tell me what I need to know' for new players, but this game has never been particularly good at that.

Speaking of combos, my new favorite survival mode combo is Laken/Blade/Falcon. The only down side is if there isn't enough purple on the board. It's hilarious if you can get the engine running quickly with Blade's black - you can get to the point where you are stealing all of the goon AP each turn. I don't even have a fully leveled/covered Blade, so I bet it's even more fun when maxed. When I have to bring Cyclops, I run Steve instead - being able to generate red with yellow is verra nice.

This game has always loved the RYG and BBP chars to pair for instant rainbow teams.
match Thor/Patch/Sentry/Ares/Wolvie with Daken/Doom/Mystique/OBW and enjoy!

My favorite pairing for general use at this point is Patch/Doom. Match green & purple, wait for all purples to be covered, and ideally drop 2 Patch greens followed by doom purple.

For goons, I've been loving Lthor/Laken/Falcon, though now I'll clearly have to try subbing Blade for Thor. Thanks for the tip Koju!

Note: my current rainbow A team for survival nodes is Hulk/Steve/Spidey. During goon phases, I can usually lay lots of defense tiles while banking enough red & blue to instantly kill/stun/smash any non-goons that show up. Any large incoming hits I direct to Hulk, and if the health ever starts to get low, there's spidey's heal.

bread's done
Back