Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion - Gen Discussion & Info - DLC RESTORED!

somebody mentioned a marvel vs dc that would be pretty neat.

I liked having the set characters because it forces you to use the less known characters

http://kotaku.com/5016629/marvel-ultimate-alliance-ii-details-platforms
Some new info's come out for MUA2 alongside all the other leaked info:

The game will be set during Marvel's recent "Civil War" story arc, with players forced to choose sides in the conflict. There'll supposedly be "over 20" playable Marvel characters, including the Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Venom and the Human Torch, and players will be able to "fuse" two character's powers together to give one character hybrid abilities. The release mentions the game will be appearing on 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, PSP & DS.

I also see a few mentions of a Marvel Zombies game, check here for a little bit of news on that.

while I loved the use of property, the entire thing felt very shallow... no not the gameplay, just the damn story and acting and everything in that regard. at least be more creative please.

I loved that game over the previous X-Men versions just because of all the characters. I'm a huge comic book nerd (especially Silver Age Marvel) and this game was such a great thing to get loaded and just wail away at. I bought the 360 with MUA and Forza 2 and I got sooooo much more gameplay out of the Marvel game. I will totally buy any sequel as soon as it comes out.

I liked MUA but I thought both Xmen Legends games were better, especially 2. All the moves in MUA were the same for every character( a range move, a melee move, radius move, and some with enchantment moves). Xmen Legends 2 had a variety of different moves which gave the characters lots of depth.

MUA did have a better fighting system due to the addition of blocking and grabs. I also found that they made the powers of the characters very weak, hitting an enemy with a bat does more damage then an energy beam?

That said I am still looking forward to this, because of the addition characters, and I hope they make the changes needed to make this game great.

Only thing I didnt like about MUA that Xmen Legends 1&2 had moreof was the use of COMBO!!! being yelled lol u coudl throw a enemy at ur team mate and it be like COMBO!

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']The question is, will they somehow throw Galactus into the fray to tie up th e loose string at the end of MUA1?[/quote]
I imagine they'll tied of that loose end at the beginning of the game, be it a quick mission or cut-scene...which will then flow into the civil war.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I hope that this game makes it to ComicCon this July[/quote]

Sounds like a fitting event to make a debut. I wouldn't doubt it. If it's really going to come out in 08' we should see something soon.

Well if its true to the civil war series there should be at least a small portion of the game that allows you to play as and against villains. Some badass multi-player would be rockin' too, Caps vs Iron man's team 8 on 8 in a semi-powerstone esque brawl.

And what's with all the marvel zombies hate? I realize that Marvel is milking it and its somewhat "mainstream" (comic books nerds hate that), but I trust Kirkman and the core of the series has been pretty damn good.

[quote name='SynGamer']I imagine they'll tied of that loose end at the beginning of the game, be it a quick mission or cut-scene...which will then flow into the civil war.[/quote]

I'm hoping they make it the final battle, where the winning side gets the credit for defeating Galactus, and thus end the war.

I felt Civil War was a bit of a train-wreck, but MUA1 was a blast and I'll be picking this up regardless.

I'm hoping Deadpool & Moon Knight return; I'd love to see Iron Fist, Firestar and/or Cable join the playable cast.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Howsabout the good ole Infinity Gauntlet series? Not only do you have a plot that actively involves the entire Marvel Universe, but it includes Thanos, who is easily the best Marvel villian ever.[/QUOTE]

F*ck yeah. Thanos > all.

My main gripe with Civil War was that it didn't include enough moral/interpersonal conflict and opted instead to deal primarily in simplistic sociopolitical meanderings that were usually resolved by physical conflict. (Yes, I do realize I'm talking about a superhero story.) A video game would probably only further my distaste for Civil War's approach.

Even as a gamer, I'm not altogether excited by the prospect of another Marvel Ultimate Alliance. The first one was surprisingly worse than the preceding X-Men Legends games, perhaps because the X-Men's team aspect is simply a better fit for the gameplay. There's a lot of room for improvement, and I can't say that I believe MUA2 will be up to the challenge.

[quote name='Rodimus']The problem with that is if you pick Caps side you always lose.[/quote]

At least you can make it a pyrrhic victory for the other side! :boxing:

There are plenty of stories --even in games-- that end tragically anyway.

All this talk is making me want to play MUA again... and I know I'll tire out of it quickly, damn it. :(

edit - well this is awkward... I can't find it... :\

[quote name='SynGamer']My dream of Wolverine + Phoenix might come true?[/QUOTE]

The combination would create God itself.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Whatever you do, don't pick Goliath as your char.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I don't think I read a post about this yet, but that huge leak that everyone's been reading and that Tanuki posted earlier did mention a Spiderman vs Marvel Zombies game...I know it's the MUA2 thread but no one's mentioned the Marvel Zombies game yet.

The idea of making it a Spider-Man vs. the Zombies game kills it for me. Why tack him on to sell the game?

MUA2 tho, bring it on! Had a ton of fun co-op with the first, just hope they improve on the system and bring more into 2. XML1/2 and MUA have been some of the best co-op action in a while, always love more of the same!

[quote name='halfbent']The idea of making it a Spider-Man vs. the Zombies game kills it for me. Why tack him on to sell the game?

MUA2 tho, bring it on! Had a ton of fun co-op with the first, just hope they improve on the system and bring more into 2. XML1/2 and MUA have been some of the best co-op action in a while, always love more of the same![/QUOTE]

Same here. At least give the player a few options besides just Spiderman. I can't imagine that the Marvel brand is not strong enough to carry a game on it's own as "Marvel Zombies" instead of the rumored "Spiderman vs. Marvel Zombies"

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I don't think I read a post about this yet, but that huge leak that everyone's been reading and that Tanuki posted earlier did mention a Spiderman vs Marvel Zombies game...I know it's the MUA2 thread but no one's mentioned the Marvel Zombies game yet.[/quote]

There's not really much to talk about since nothings confirmed and there's a good chance that game will never be made like most of those games on the list.

Personally it would be unusual for Spider-Man to take the spot of lead character in a Marvel Zombies game since he was only a small part of the series. Don't get me wrong, a Marvel Zombies game is a great idea, but if Spider-Man's name is attached to the cover then it's just a cheap ploy to sell games.

Even if you were given a choice of hero, you know it'd only be between Spider-Man, Wolverine, and whoever is the hot ticket that year, e.g. Iron Man and Hulk.

[quote name='rapsodist']Even if you were given a choice of hero, you know it'd only be between Spider-Man, Wolverine, and whoever is the hot ticket that year, e.g. Iron Man and Hulk.[/quote]

The hot ticket this year is the Incredible Herc and Amadeus Cho. One of Marvel's best this year.

IncredibleHerculesPromoImage-1.jpg

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']that teaser sucked, it didn't even show us anyone new

here's to hoping for some of the Thunderbolts[/quote]

Eh I wasn't expecting anyone new for the first trailer, just the bigger names and most of the bigger names was already in the first one.

[quote name='Rodimus']Assuming that was in game graphics it looks nice. But like Jim said I would've liked to see someone new.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the graphics were nice.

At least we don't have to pay for the Hulk this time ;)

Am I the only one that thinks the "Fuse" system sounds cheesy though?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Am I the only one that thinks the "Fuse" system sounds cheesy though?[/quote]

I'm gonna take a guess and say they picked the name "Fusion" because they'll focus more on combining the diffrent powers of the heroes to make new ones. Kinda like the "Fastball Special" And if you don't know what that is then here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fastball_Special

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm gonna take a guess and say they picked the name "Fusion" because they'll focus more on combining the diffrent powers of the heroes to make new ones. Kinda like the "Fastball Special" And if you don't know what that is then here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fastball_Special[/QUOTE]

I hope it's more stuff like that.

When I heard combining powers, I thought of a blended character (like Super Skrull or what they do in the 2nd Fantastic Four movie).

So is the story not involving Civil War now? I just heard it was supposed to be some more fighting Dr. Doom kind of shit. Basically a direct sequel.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']So is the story not involving Civil War now? I just heard it was supposed to be some more fighting Dr. Doom kind of shit. Basically a direct sequel.[/QUOTE]

I just read through Game Informer's article about the game -- according to them, it's based on the Secret War, not Civil War. However, it does say that some of the boss battles pit hero against hero, so who knows.

[quote name='PRMega']I just read through Game Informer's article about the game -- according to them, it's based on the Secret War, not Civil War. However, it does say that some of the boss battles pit hero against hero, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

I think they said it just starts with the "New" Secret War, so it's probably the whole arc with Civil War, too.

Is there a list of who's confirmed yet? According to that GI article (and the teaser), so far it looks like:

The Human Torch
The Invisible Woman
The Thing
Mr. Fantastic
The Hulk
Daredevil
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Spider-Man
Storm
Wolverine

Seems like Luke Cage is probably in, but nothing definite yet.

So there are at least another ten characters waiting to be revealed. Here's hoping they bring back some of the lesser known heroes, like Moon Knight and Spider-Woman, and of course some new ones would be nice, too.

I'm also sort of surprised they never released the PSP characters (Ronin, Ms. Marvel) as DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol its her super move and the move where the spiders come out of her body looks like shes getting off lol wish i had a vid or gif of it

bread's done
Back