Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for PS2 available at GS NOW! $79.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Shadowgram']Available used at GS online for $79.99! Just placed my order :)[/quote]

dont forget to use the 25% off coupon.

80 bucks? Man am I glad I paid $27.99 for my Dreamcast copy about... holy hell six years ago! Wow, never thought about how long I've been playing that game. It's still great though.

[quote name='Nikadimas']80 bucks? Man am I glad I paid $27.99 for my Dreamcast copy about... holy hell six years ago! Wow, never thought about how long I've been playing that game. It's still great though.[/quote]

I am also happy that I got my copy for the Xbox for $30 a while ago. I would hate to have to drop $80 for a used copy of a game.

Got a copy of it at an FYE right after someone had traded it in and only paid $17 for it. I had to wait around 5 minutes while the clerk who took the trade in decided if he wanted to buy it or not. He didn't like the way the box looked so he let me have it. If he only knew. Only problem with this copy though is that it probably will come scratched quite a bit and disc only. I may pay that much for a mint copy.

Bought my copy the day it released on PS2 for $40. The guys at my local gamestop know I have it and try to get me to trade it in quite frequently.

[quote name='I_Am_ProZac']Bought my copy the day it released on PS2 for $40. The guys at my local gamestop know I have it and try to get me to trade it in quite frequently.[/quote]

Tell him to give you $70 and you'll think about it.

anyone know where to get a cheap deal in the local stores for Marvel vs Capcom 2 or something ive been looking for this game for quite a while know thanks

glad I got my copy a few days after launch for $40 as well :)

overplayed that game like crazy!!

and now I get to sit here and watch the selling price skyrocket. :)

anyone knows where to get marvel vs capcom (the first one)

....somedays i go on ebay to get it and i'll lose at the end. the only game i'll pay 30 dollars for!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Why So Much?[/QUOTE]
aracde favorite + the only games that marvel and capcom have done together (there are a lot of stories about these few games....like how capcom felt like they weren't making as much money as they should have like mavel was and other myths)

basically, if you find a copy.....throw it on ebay. the stupid people let the first one go for less than 50.

To think that the PS2 version is supposed to the be the worst of the three releases
I picked up the dreamcast version several years ago for 20 dollars. I don't play it, but since I have friends that do, I figured I'd keep my copy

I've always wondered WHY the hell this game commands such a high price though. I mean, it's a Street Fighter clone with Capcom characters and Marvel Superheroes. Big whoop. Then again, I've always kinda despised the Street Fighter series as bland and boring.

Mind you, if I find some copies of this, I won't hesitate to pick them up if they're cheap enough, so I can flip/sell/trade them to other people. I never refuse a GOOD deal, but THIS is NOT a GOOD DEAL!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've always wondered WHY the hell this game commands such a high price though. I mean, it's a Street Fighter clone with Capcom characters and Marvel Superheroes. Big whoop. Then again, I've always kinda despised the Street Fighter series as bland and boring.[/quote]

Easy. It isn't about rarity. Or popularity because of the Marvel nerds (sorry guys). It's all about being about to whoop ass with Jill Valentine. People will pay big bucks for Jill.

LOL Kind of like me rebuying Rumble Roses because I admittedly liked how ummmm 'realistic' the physics in the game happened to be? Of course, last night I pulled off some amazing moves with the ladies in the game, so I'm even more impressed with it now.

I guess I must live in a cave(troll), since I never saw the big deal with the Resident Evil or Street Fighter games. I always kind of preferred Mortal Kombat over SF and Silent Hill over RE.

Yeah, pretty much. Your fixation for Reiko and Dixie is like the normal man's need for Jill. Though, yeah, I agree with never seeing the big deal over Street Fighter. I have a few but they seem a big overrated. Now Darkstalkers....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've always wondered WHY the hell this game commands such a high price though. I mean, it's a Street Fighter clone with Capcom characters and Marvel Superheroes. Big whoop. Then again, I've always kinda despised the Street Fighter series as bland and boring.

Mind you, if I find some copies of this, I won't hesitate to pick them up if they're cheap enough, so I can flip/sell/trade them to other people. I never refuse a GOOD deal, but THIS is NOT a GOOD DEAL!![/quote]

It is with the 25$ off coupon code! + $3 shipping!

[quote name='Escargoexpress']To think that the PS2 version is supposed to the be the worst of the three releases
I picked up the dreamcast version several years ago for 20 dollars. I don't play it, but since I have friends that do, I figured I'd keep my copy[/quote]

actually the worst is the xbox version. the ps2 is pretty much on par except for some minor pixelation.

http://search.ign.com/products?query=marvel+vs+capcom+2

When a game like this commands $80 for a used copy the only sane thing to do is buy a dreamcast and burn a copy. I don't encourage pirating but the game is out of print and the dreamcast version of the game is better anyway.

[quote name='dragonjud']I wouldn't trust those IGN scores. I've played all 3 versions, and the ps2 version is the worse.

Yes, the Dreamcast version is the best of all 3.[/quote]

care to explain how? i have the dreamcast and ps2 version and they are basically identical. the xbox version i haven't played though.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']It is with the 25$ off coupon code! + $3 shipping![/quote]

NO!!! It isn't, since AssRapeStop gouges on the price to the 'Ebay standard' while giving people, what is it, like $15 for this? That's bullshit. But, if people are stupid enough to pay it, so be it then.

The ps2 version is missing frames of animation (very noticeable with characters like Colossus) and I think more slowdown than the DC version (which wasn't noticeable at all).

Check any Hollywood videos that are closing I just picked up two copies (in the haggard hollywood boxes/art) for $15 each at one thats closing nearby. Friend then turned around and got $40 (credit or $30 cash) for his copy at Disc Replay.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The ps2 version is missing frames of animation (very noticeable with characters like Colossus) and I think more slowdown than the DC version (which wasn't noticeable at all).[/quote]

Add to that having to wait forever for stages to load/fights to begin, and you've got all its flaws.

I don't understand why people feel a continued need to thread crap every time someone posts about a "rare" game that is available on GS. Like it or not, this game goes for a lot. With the 25% coupon, even after shipping and taxes, this will run you about $65. That is a deal. The PS2 versions consistently gets, at least, $80 on eBay. And if you get stuck with a disc-only copy and don't want it, you can return it to a GS store.

Thanks, TC, for looking out. I am not that interested, but I'm sure some people will be.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've always wondered WHY the hell this game commands such a high price though. I mean, it's a Street Fighter clone with Capcom characters and Marvel Superheroes. Big whoop. Then again, I've always kinda despised the Street Fighter series as bland and boring.

Mind you, if I find some copies of this, I won't hesitate to pick them up if they're cheap enough, so I can flip/sell/trade them to other people. I never refuse a GOOD deal, but THIS is NOT a GOOD DEAL!![/quote]
this game commands a high price because it is out of print due to the fact that capcom lost the marvel license to EA which caused them to ceise production of the game...luckily i have two copies of the game for xbox...one open that is mine in mint condition...and one brand new factory sealed which im waiting a couple of years for the price to really jack up and sell:D

This game is O.O.P.

No more copies will ever be made again, plus it's a great 2D fighter with tons of characters to fight with.

People pay crazy amounts $$$ for this game on ebay.

[quote name='RandyTsai']stop with the "im glad i picked it up for a penny" blah blah blah crap. no one cares so stop trying to make up for your small dick.[/quote]
hahaha so why are your reading it if you don't care:applause:

[quote name='Nikadimas']80 bucks? Man am I glad I paid $27.99 for my Dreamcast copy about... holy hell six years ago! Wow, never thought about how long I've been playing that game. It's still great though.[/quote]

Agreed.

Definitely would be worth $80 though.

But yea my Dreamcast still plays it fine so Im good.

Sorry, not meaning to 'threadcrap', but I just still can't see the whole reason behind the demand for this game. It's just 'another fighting game' to me. Plus, why anyone would willingly give Gamestop that much money for something is beyond me, especially considering how high of a profit margin they have on it($15 trade value last I heard).

I walked into a store in NJ about five or six months ago, and I swear to you, there was a factory sealed copy sitting on the shelf for
$9.96
. I almost knocked the whole damn rack down!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']AFF25[/quote]

Thanks! Is there any consensus on which is better? the ps2 or xbox version?

[quote name='hollow2g']I'am so glad I sold mines last month. Even it's $80 you are not guarantee a case or the booklet and you don't know what condition it might be in. I wouldn't take my chance on this.[/quote]

You can return to it to any GS store, so there is no chance being taken.

MvsC2 was the main reason I bought a PS2. When that came out, I bought it along with my PS2. Man the fun times I had with this game. It was 39.99 when it came out and just picked it up. Kept it for a while and someone I knew stole my game and I had to buy it again. Bought it used at EB for 49.99 years ago. So now I have two instruction booklets. Great game though. I won't buy it over 59.99 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back