Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3) - Retail Pack $15

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
the PS3 version will also come in a retail package that contains:

• Redemption Code for full game
  • DVD case with sleeve
  • Data DVD with exclusive artwork (wallpapers, icons, character and content art), 4 trailers and screenshots
  • 8 page color manual with artwork and moves list
  • 1 month free subscription to Marvel Digital Comics ($9.99 value)
  • 2000 Capcom-Unity points - can be used for prizing and auctions

This is actually $5.00 more than the DD but this could be a deal for collector's and fans of the game.

EB/GS Preorder Link

UPDATE: Link is DEAD. Not sure why...could it be that they sold out?
UPDATE: 8-10-09

- package is confirmed: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/10/marvel-vs-capcom-2-retail-package-confirmed/
(looks like it won't contain the media disc unfortunately)

- preorder from EB/GS: here

mvc2-retail-conf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went ahead and ordered from Gamestop via online. I know I swore I'd never deal with GS, even online, after the SFIV fiasco...but this isn't disc-based...and it's exclusive...and I'm lazy and the $2.99 I'd save on shipping isn't worth my time to go to the store today to place order and then return again to pick up. ;)

I just hope this thing is sent to me sealed, because if it's "new" (and there's absolutely no reason to gut these) and I find that my code has been used...there will be hell to pay!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blackout']Is this going to be widely available or likely to disappear after a few months?[/QUOTE]

There will only be 15,000 copies of the retail release. So extrapolate from there.

Yeah I pre-ordered it this morning ...
It should be ready either tomorrow or friday but I have to call first though.. :\

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Hmm...I have a $20 PSN card that I was gonna use for this game, but do you think the retail pack is worth $15 alone?[/QUOTE]
Eh, only if you really want the box for collectors' sake.

If you do buy the retail pack, that just means you have $20 more bucks to buy more PSN content with. ;)

[quote name='CAG 79']As long as its a regular PS3 case and a manual plus the code for the game, I'm good.[/QUOTE]

It has been confirmed that there will not be a manual or Capcom Unity Points with the retail package.

OP needs to be updated.

I never go to Gamestop, but i do remember that the ship date 9 times out of 10 meant come back the day after it so I'll be dealing with the Madden '10 fans....

Cap'n_RDM;6177444 said:
It has been confirmed that there will not be a manual or Capcom Unity Points with the retail package.

OP needs to be updated.

Is there a link to this news? Can someone confirm what the contents of the package are once you pick it up? Thanks!

Cap'n_RDM;6177444 said:

OP needs to be updated.

Man looks like they pulled every last thing out of the "retail pack". Nothing worth getting now really. Just an empty box now. How hard would it really have been to print off a cheap-ass paper manual or artbook?

[quote name='mis0']That's fucking bullshit. fuck. The PSN price better be $15 and nothing less.[/QUOTE]

Er, it was already announced to be $15 for the PSN which was the same amount for the XBLA version. Honestly, I don't see why people are so upset? Costs as much as the PSN version only you get a free case (which is nice in case any of your cases break) and free months subscription to Marvel comics digital (catch up on Captain America for the return of Steve Rogers). Hell, I pay tax for buying stuff off of PSN so there is no difference for me between getting the retail package and using the code or just downloading it off of PSN.

[quote name='jackdoe']Er, it was already announced to be $15 for the PSN which was the same amount for the XBLA version. Honestly, I don't see why people are so upset? Costs as much as the PSN version only you get a free case (which is nice in case any of your cases break) and free months subscription to Marvel comics digital (catch up on Captain America for the return of Steve Rogers). Hell, I pay tax for buying stuff off of PSN so there is no difference for me between getting the retail package and using the code or just downloading it off of PSN.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to end up paying $16.50 for the game (California tax). I could have gotten it off PSN for $15 even. Factor in the gas and time I spent pre-ordering it and then having it go pick it up.. and that's another $5 easily. I already overpaid by more than 40% for a piece of paper with a code and a PS3 game case. I don't really care about the digital comic thing.. I was just getting it because of the rumored manual and unity points. However, I suppose it's not that bad. It is being limited to 15,000 copies.. but who knows.

[quote name='jackdoe']Er, it was already announced to be $15 for the PSN which was the same amount for the XBLA version. Honestly, I don't see why people are so upset? Costs as much as the PSN version only you get a free case (which is nice in case any of your cases break) and free months subscription to Marvel comics digital (catch up on Captain America for the return of Steve Rogers). Hell, I pay tax for buying stuff off of PSN so there is no difference for me between getting the retail package and using the code or just downloading it off of PSN.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. No reason to get all worked up about it. Sure, I'm disappointed too, but it's not like you are paying anything more for the box.

[quote name='mis0']I'm going to end up paying $16.50 for the game (California tax). I could have gotten it off PSN for $15 even. Factor in the gas and time I spent pre-ordering it and then having it go pick it up.. and that's another $5 easily. I already overpaid by more than 40% for a piece of paper with a code and a PS3 game case. I don't really care about the digital comic thing.. I was just getting it because of the rumored manual and unity points. However, I suppose it's not that bad. It is being limited to 15,000 copies.. but who knows.[/QUOTE]
$5 for gas? What, did you use two gallons to get to your local Gamestop? That would have been a 60 mile drive (depending on your mpg of course).

[quote name='jackdoe']$5 for gas? What, did you use two gallons to get to your local Gamestop? That would have been a 60 mile drive (depending on your mpg of course).[/QUOTE]

I drive an IS250. I fill up with premium gas so gas for me here in Orange County is $3.30/gallon. The closest Gamestop is 5 miles local for me which brings my MPG to about 18/mpg. So yeah, that's about $3.30 minimum.

Edit: I don't think non-Californians understand that this, but living in California is expensive as hell. D:

i get charged tax regardless of buying online or at gamestop. I paid 16.32 for it at gamestop in ny. i think psn would have cost me around the same, so i might as well get the cool looking case art and that free month of comics.

for people that dont know ny has a dumb digital download tax

It's just a method of getting the game on the shelves. Acquire some sales data from the experiment, throw a little marketing with the 30 day unlimited service in.

It's not more expensive than the digital release, which means two things. Anything like the case is coming straight out of pocket for Capcom. AND they have to offer Gamestop some sort of margin or incentive to carry the thing. Versus whatever commission they would have to pay Sony to put it on the network.

$15 is still not a lot of money for a sales unit. Versus a $60 game that made that kind of margin for each sale for a long while before getting a price decrease. I wonder what kind of margins there are on the downloadable games.

If you REALLY want to support the industry, you buy at $60 on release day. But hell, we're CAGs.

[quote name='mis0']
Edit: I don't think non-Californians understand that this, but living in California is expensive as hell. D:[/QUOTE]
Tell me about it.:bomb:

Why did my Gamestop tell me to come pre-order it yesterday when I called... and then when I go today to pre-order they had no idea what I was talking about and that it wasn't in the "system".

I even called another local Gamestop and they said the same thing... WTF...

[quote name='iHack']Why did my Gamestop tell me to come pre-order it yesterday when I called... and then when I go today to pre-order they had no idea what I was talking about and that it wasn't in the "system".

I even called another local Gamestop and they said the same thing... WTF...[/QUOTE]

could very well be out of the pre-order area of the system since it is 'officially' out today...you probably didn't talk to the same people, as it was there yesterday during shift, gone this morning...

[quote name='iHack']Why did my Gamestop tell me to come pre-order it yesterday when I called... and then when I go today to pre-order they had no idea what I was talking about and that it wasn't in the "system".

I even called another local Gamestop and they said the same thing... WTF...[/QUOTE]
I had the same problem yesterday. They told me it wasn't in the system. The other guy working said "I think it's already out. We didn't get any pre-orders, so we didn't get any copies".

Since I havn't had any of my systems hooked up in a month because I'm moving, I just assumed it was already out.

[quote name='mowmow']i get charged tax regardless of buying online or at gamestop. I paid 16.32 for it at gamestop in ny. i think psn would have cost me around the same, so i might as well get the cool looking case art and that free month of comics.

for people that dont know ny has a dumb digital download tax[/QUOTE]

Illinois has the download tax as well. Not to mention that if you're unlucky enough to live in Cook (aka Crook) County, you're slapped with a 10% sales tax.

[quote name='mis0']I'm going to end up paying $16.50 for the game (California tax). I could have gotten it off PSN for $15 even. Factor in the gas and time I spent pre-ordering it and then having it go pick it up.. and that's another $5 easily. I already overpaid by more than 40% for a piece of paper with a code and a PS3 game case. I don't really care about the digital comic thing.. I was just getting it because of the rumored manual and unity points. However, I suppose it's not that bad. It is being limited to 15,000 copies.. but who knows.[/QUOTE]
Huh... In San Diego, I paid no tax. CA doesn't tax on gift cards and digital downloads, so I don't see why you were charged tax on the purchase.

Hey mowmow, I'm the guy you sent the copy of chrono cross to the other week. Just wanted to say thanks again, game's in GREAT condition.

Am I the only one that feels this "release" is all FUBAR? I mean youd think, even if it was limited the stores would know about it, they would have some set schedule and all that crap instead of all this back and forth about whats even gonna be included? I mean I want to get it even if its just for the case but now that I learned about it too late and havent been able to pre order it, I have to pay for shipping to get it online? F that.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Did any store got in today?[/QUOTE]

Im assuming only pre orders got shipped out because I just did a check on their site and nothing within a 100 mile radius. As if those pre orders got shipped, Id like to know also.

I tried to preorder this a few days ago. If i don't get it some things in gamestop are going to be knocked onto the floor.

[quote name='outphase']Huh... In San Diego, I paid no tax. CA doesn't tax on gift cards and digital downloads, so I don't see why you were charged tax on the purchase.[/QUOTE]

I am in California too and I do get charge with tax on PSN

[quote name='62t']I am in California too and I do get charge with tax on PSN[/QUOTE]

What!? I'm in Sacramento, CA and I never have to pay tax on PSN...or for PSN cards.

You Californians also know that tax varies by county and stuff right? For example, sales tax in Orange County is 8.75% but back up north in the Bay Area, tax ranges from 9.25% to 9.75%.

Ok. I just went to my gamestop and picked it up. I'll let the pics do the talking.

IMGA0374-1-1.jpg

IMGA0375-1.jpg

IMGA0377-1.jpg
IMGA0376-1.jpg

IMGA0378.jpg

IMGA0379.jpg

And thats it...yup no manual or anything. Just free magazines and the game. Should be fun though. Downloading now. Add me on psn "Chiman2"

I'm located in VA. But wow...I just tried to redeem my voucher. It says my code is invalid what gives?!?!?

[quote name='allure']I'm located in VA. But wow...I just tried to redeem my voucher. It says my code is invalid what gives?!?!?[/QUOTE]

It's not available on the store yet, so the codes might not work until then.

bread's done
Back