Marvel vs Capcom 2 PSN Thread

i can wait for this, as soon as i heard it yesterday, i was stoked, even more stoked, when i read there going to be a demo this thursday

That split screen thing was for trailer purposes.

I think it's safe to say that Capcom is going to make a shit-ton of cash from this. Though I wonder if there's going to be an epidemic of Cable players online like Ken in SFIV.

[quote name='GodlyOne']That split screen thing was for trailer purposes.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. It looked like it seamlessly transitioned into split screen so you could get as far away from the opponent as you want. That didn't look like a video edit.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I don't know. It looked like it seamlessly transitioned into split screen so you could get as far away from the opponent as you want. That didn't look like a video edit.[/quote]

Look at that part of the video carefully, they spliced 2 screens together to show both Wolverine and Ryu's hyper combo portraits at the same time, one section shows Wolverine hitting Ryu with his Hyper Combo and the other section shows Ryu hitting Wolverine his Hyper Combo.

Anyways, the 16:9 options shows you more of the screen but movement is confined to 4:3 by invisible walls. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

[quote name='Furashu']this game is going to suck.

if it doesnt have the knicks colored sentinel![/quote]

"Oh he got the mango sentinel"

[quote name='whoknows']The Playstation Store never has and probably never will update exactly at midnight.

You have to wait until later today.[/QUOTE]

Bu..bu...but..but I don't like to wait. :(

At least we're getting one, poor 360 has to wait. Anyone else curious as to what characters are in the demo? Ryu and Wolvie for sure, but I wonder who else will make it in.

[quote name='advanced']Bu..bu...but..but I don't like to wait. :(

At least we're getting one, poor 360 has to wait. Anyone else curious as to what characters are in the demo? Ryu and Wolvie for sure, but I wonder who else will make it in.[/quote]

according to the PS blog, its Ryu, Chun-Li, Strider, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine

I really suck at this game, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

The filters look pretty awesome as well. Now what I'm most worried about is online play. Capcom's online modes for fighting games haven't exactly been pleasant so far.

[quote name='Ravenous']So itws passed 12am Thursday..... wheres the demo?[/QUOTE]

Usually updates around 6-7pm EST.

[quote name='hibachiZX']according to the PS blog, its Ryu, Chun-Li, Strider, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine[/QUOTE]

Thats all I actually need. My main team is Ryu, Spiderman, and Wolverine. :)

Though I am excited for the game to come out, I am a bit disappointed that everything will be unlocked from the start... I mean.. in fighting games, IMO, half of the fun is unlocking all the characters & costumes..;(

fuckin PSN updating so damned late in the day. I have the day off, and was lookin forward to some mahvel (anyone know if the demo will have online play enabled?). ah well, patience is a virtue.

Guess I'll be rockin a Strider, Wolverine, Iron Man/Spidey team.

Edit: After learning to read, I see demo is pvp only. BOO! BOO I say.

I've never played this but am fairly excited. Who are the cheapest characters so that I know never to use them. I'm sure their will be plenty of bitches abusing them so I don't want to add to the gay factor of ramming people up the butt.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']The cheapest characters in the game:

Every.Single.One.Of.Them[/quote]

Truth.

Honestly- everyone in my area tends to stick with Cable, Ironman, Blackheart, Doom, Strider, and a few others.

Demo's up! It's a little lackluster if you're familiar with the game, but it's better than nothing and has further increased my anticipation for the full release.

Just downloaded the demo and it's true, the only way to play is local multiplayer. Can't get past the menu screen without a second controller. Oh well, at least it looks pretty while the second player stands there waiting for me to hit him. I really just wanted to see the updated graphics filters anyway, so mission accomplished.

[quote name='sotc1988']Massive fail on Capcom's part. fuck! I don't have another controller![/quote]

They did this same thing with the SF2 remake on Xbox live. It's mildly annoying if you don't have a second controller.

I was wondering why I couldnt play against the CPU. Oh well, i turned on second controller and smacked iron man against the wall

Kind of annoyed I had to pull out my second controller, but oh well. I guess this will be the only time that I'm 20-0 with all Perfect wins. LOL

I didn't try it myself, but I heard that custom soundtracks are supported. Transformers 80s animated movie soundtrack, here I come!

I only smacked around the inactive second player, but it looks like everything's as it should be. I tried 16:9 mode, and it's a true widescreen mode. When playing on a 4:3 TV, fullscreen mode is true fullscreen, too. None of that Rez HD "original game mode" bullshit where the game plays pillarboxed in a letterbox when played on a 4:3 TV.

This game is going to be a definite buy. Damn, all these good fighting games coming out this year. KOF98UM, SF4, UFC, BB, KOFXII, and this. It's like 2000 all over again.

Yeah, terrible demo. Having to play against an idle second controller makes you feel awfully dumb. They should let you play unranked online. Or at least against the CPU.

[quote name='sotc1988']Massive fail on Capcom's part. fuck! I don't have another controller![/QUOTE]

Guitar Hero and Rock Band guitars are recognized if you have those. That's how I got it to work.

[quote name='HowStern']Yeah, terrible demo. Having to play against an idle second controller makes you feel awfully dumb. They should let you play unranked online. Or at least against the CPU.[/QUOTE]

At the very least, it won't hurt their sales but it certainly won't help too much. I was really hoping to try out the demo with real action as I'm on the fence, and will remain there for the foreseeable future.

In fact, I'm more inclined to buy BlazBlu to support a new title than pick up this. Except for the 3v3 aspect, the gameplay looks fairly similar (IE I don't understand what the fuck is going on).

dropped the fuckin ball on this one. If it was gonna be a multi-only demo, shoulda at least had online. Ah well, at least I get a preview of the different filters (I assume you can toggle those in the demo. not had a chance to DL it yet)

[quote name='mtxbass1']They did this same thing with the SF2 remake on Xbox live. It's mildly annoying if you don't have a second controller.[/quote]You could play that over Live, though.

Yeah for anyone who doesn't have a second controller do not download the demo. You won't be able to play it. Not even a teency tiny bit.

1) As a demo, this sucked...cause you need a 2nd controller

but

2) From what I played of with a still non moving opponent, it does feel like the Naomi version. So those who liked the Arcade or DC olne would most likely like this. too bad i don't really like MvsC2 due to it's broken parts vs MvsC1 (although that had infinites and stuff as well).

3) I hope this means they relicensed the game, and hope that means a new Marvel Vs game is coming out from Capcom

Can you use the blu-ray remote for the second (innactive) controller? Not that I have much interest in beating up a non-moving character to start with...

Did you all miss the announcement that this was multiplayer local only from the second it was announced? lol.

I tried it using a pS2 controller and a PS2>USB adapter

[quote name='happy']Can you use the blu-ray remote for the second (innactive) controller? Not that I have much interest in beating up a non-moving character to start with...[/QUOTE]

Guitar Hero/Rock Band guitars are recognized.

You could always go meet some one and invite them to play. :D

It is unfortunate that they didn't include any single player for AI evaluation though, but for the most part I only play fighting games with other people locally.

[quote name='Zmonkay']dropped the fuckin ball on this one. If it was gonna be a multi-only demo, shoulda at least had online. Ah well, at least I get a preview of the different filters (I assume you can toggle those in the demo. not had a chance to DL it yet)[/quote]

Yes, you can toggle the filters.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I didn't try it myself, but I heard that custom soundtracks are supported. Transformers 80s animated movie soundtrack, here I come!

I only smacked around the inactive second player, but it looks like everything's as it should be. I tried 16:9 mode, and it's a true widescreen mode. When playing on a 4:3 TV, fullscreen mode is true fullscreen, too. None of that Rez HD "original game mode" bullshit where the game plays pillarboxed in a letterbox when played on a 4:3 TV.

This game is going to be a definite buy. Damn, all these good fighting games coming out this year. KOF98UM, SF4, UFC, BB, KOFXII, and this. It's like 2000 all over again.[/QUOTE]

Custom Soundtrack... w/ Transformers 80s animated movie soundtrack has been confirmed by me personally... that Transformers the movie soundtrack goes good with almost any game.

Was anyone else disappointed with the demo? The stages looked fantastic, but it only brought out how hideous the characters were. They looked like SNES sprites in comparison to the latest batch of Capcom fighters (SFIV, SFII HD, etc.)
I really don't remember it looking this choppy... I'm going to Portland this weekend to play this. If it turns out I'm getting senile at age 22, someone is going to die for this. Some youngster with there stoopid walkmans.

[quote name='carpwrist']Was anyone else disappointed with the demo? The stages looked fantastic, but it only brought out how hideous the characters were. They looked like SNES sprites in comparison to the latest batch of Capcom fighters (SFIV, SFII HD, etc.)
I really don't remember it looking this choppy... I'm going to Portland this weekend to play this. If it turns out I'm getting senile at age 22, someone is going to die for this. Some youngster with there stoopid walkmans.[/quote]
Maybe it was just me, but when I had the game at widescreen, the sprites looked a little small in comparison to the stage.

I have to say that I'm fairly disappointed in the sprites, but having owned the ps2 version, this plays noticeably smoother (though it could just be the 1080p res). This is coming from someone that also suffered through the garbage that was the PS1 port of MvsC1.

The 16:9 made strider's wall grab awkward- and it made it hard to time Chunli's wall hops. I kind of wish they would put up something to define the edge of the playing field.

i dont like this game anymore. its been years since i played it and imo it doesnt hold up. nostaliga gaming is fun but not worth 15.

bread's done
Back