Marvel vs Capcom 2 PSN Thread

[quote name='RandyTsai']Yah, i'm having an announcement party at my house !!![/QUOTE]

How come I didn't get an invite?!! :cry:

If this is coming out Thursday, it would be an instant purchase for me since I just added $20 to my PSN account. Otherwise I'll just forget about it and not care too much.

Confirmed a 1/2 hr. early by marvel.com!
Get ready to re-enter the New Age of Heroes on Xbox 360 and PS3 this summer | Marvel.com News | Marvel.com:

One of the most celebrated fighting games in history is coming back for another round! Check out the first teaser trailer, art and details for "Marvel vs. Capcom 2"!

Nine years after taking the arcade gaming scene by storm and over six years after making its original home console debut, "Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes" returns! Slated to hit Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade and PS3's PSN, expect the same fast, furious and fantastic gameplay you loved with even more awesome online head-to-head action!

http://www.marvel.com/news/vgstories.7770.Marvel_vs~dot~_Capcom_2_Returns_Thi s_Summer

This Thursday, April 30, PlayStation Network users will enjoy a free, exclusive MVC2 demo! No need to purchase another game, just download it straight to your PS3 and get ready for some triple tag team action (A big thank you goes out to Rommel Hernandez who helped make this exclusive demo possible).

Here are the details of the demo:

* Two-player local matches
* Six available characters – Ryu, Chun-Li, Strider, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine
* Seven selectable environments
* Upscaled 1080p graphics
* Widescreen or 4:3 aspect ratio
* Two graphic filter options for character sprites
* And other cool options to check out
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...om-2-revealed-demo-exclusive-to-psn/#comments

6 characters in the demo isn't bad at all. I can't wait till it is released. I would go as far to say this is the best news I've heard in the past 2 or 3 years.

omfg...just had to bring that one back for today. yup it is on. and booyah for the playstation.

day one purchase for me on both systems. I wonder when Tatsunoko vs. Marvel will come over here now?

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']omfg...just had to bring that one back for today. yup it is on. and booyah for the playstation.

day one purchase for me on both systems. I wonder when Tatsunoko vs. Marvel will come over here now?[/quote]

Sadly I'll get it on both systems as well. It would be nice if Tatsunoko VS Marvel was released on ps3 or 360. I know it won't be I doubt there will even be a u.s release for the wii. =/

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']omfg...just had to bring that one back for today. yup it is on. and booyah for the playstation.

day one purchase for me on both systems. I wonder when Tatsunoko vs. Marvel will come over here now?[/QUOTE]

Unlike Marvel, that characters on the Tatsunoko side are owned by about 50 different companies in America. So it'll likely never come over :(

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Unlike Marvel, that characters on the Tatsunoko side are owned by about 50 different companies in America. So it'll likely never come over :([/QUOTE]

Actually most of the series are unlicensed or had license that expired. There are only a few companies that Capcom has to deal with.

Glad there's a demo coming out -- I often get lost and confused w/ so much going on at any one time.

I'm pretty worried about this using the same net code as SFII HD Remix, cause I do not have fond memories of play that game online. I heard that's a new patch out that was supposed to address several issues but I haven't gone back to check for myself.

Such a good thing that everything is unlocked from the start, I remember having to leave my PS2 on overnight to get enough in-game money to unlock a couple of levels/characters.

I just got on my computer, and OMG at this announcement. I never played MvC2, due to how expensive it is on eBay, and the demo this Thursday is the icing on the cake! So I'm really looking forward to playing this :D

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']It's ridiculously fun....until you run into the cheese characters.[/quote]

Yes - and I prefer the character sizes and pacing of MvC1 better. Still will be getting MvC2 when it hits $10.

There is still a MvC2 arcade cabinet at my college. But those things are always so dang greasy (especially being near the cafeteria...)

:O all the MvsC2 cabinets I ever saw where just modified like Tekken cabinets :(.

Yeah I perfer MvsC1 also, but I will 100% be getting this game, probably on both platforms like I did with SSF2THD.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']It's ridiculously fun....until you run into the cheese characters.[/quote]

that and until you go to your local arcade when tournament level people play and you discover how broken it is. refly and unfly infinite combos left and right and top tier people usually use storm/magneto/sentinel with some subbing with captain commando/cable/iron man

[quote name='js1']This Thursday, April 30, PlayStation Network users will enjoy a free, exclusive MVC2 demo! No need to purchase another game, just download it straight to your PS3 and get ready for some triple tag team action (A big thank you goes out to Rommel Hernandez who helped make this exclusive demo possible).

Here are the details of the demo:

* Two-player local matches
* Six available characters – Ryu, Chun-Li, Strider, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine
* Seven selectable environments
* Upscaled 1080p graphics
* Widescreen or 4:3 aspect ratio
* Two graphic filter options for character sprites
* And other cool options to check out
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...om-2-revealed-demo-exclusive-to-psn/#comments[/QUOTE]

*jumps for joy and freezes in mid-air while credits roll*

This makes me SO happy! :D

On a semi-related note, any confirmation/info about trophies??

Phew, I thought this would be like HD Remix where I decided to play with a 360 controller because it had achievements, glad that MvC2 has trophies. Yeah, my trophy/achievement addiction is horrible....
Debating whether or not I should hang onto my PS2 copy of MvC2. :whistle2:k

[quote name='GodlyOne']Such a good thing that everything is unlocked from the start, I remember having to leave my PS2 on overnight to get enough in-game money to unlock a couple of levels/characters.[/quote]

I actually grinded out and got everything by playing the game on dreamcast. just kept shuffling store options until everything was cheaper.

[quote name='blackjaw']Best $15 anyone will ever spend.

Im stoked for the demo this week.[/quote]

agreed. capcom is starting to make a power move in their video games. I wanna see what the next original vs. game will be.

Im gonna get tatsunoko vs. capcom sooner or later as well.

I'm excited about this- but i'm more excited about what it means for old capcom fighters. If this game does well, we are likely to see PSN versions of all the old classics- online enabled.

I would give my nuts for a polished, online version of the alpha games (don't tell my wife, she's still expecting children!)

omg. I never knew about the infiinite combos in this game. you can tell the major gap in video gaming history can't you? lol

neway after watching those, I am on the fence about this game now. some of those take skill whereas more than most are not really skillful at all to do. kinda like the corner trap in mortal kombat 1 with johnny cage, kano, and raiden.

I have to really reserve judgement now on this game. (still love it but not sure how I will feel about the online aspect now)

As sad as this sounds, i will probably be purchasing this for both the psn and xbl. This is just one of those few games where i have just enough friends who are console specific that i can't just go with one version. Either way, this is a great game that i look forward to.

Ironman/Warmachine/Marrow here i come!

[quote name='craigbezzle']The d-pad argument is dying....who in their right mind doesn't have an arcade stick after SFIV?[/quote]

i don't have an arcade stick, mainly because i'm better using the d-pad.

[quote name='craigbezzle']Am I stupid for wanting to buy this for my 360 AND PS3?[/quote]
I'm guessing you have friends on Live and PSN? Well, i have R6V2 on both PS3 and Xbox...

[quote name='Serpentor']I'm guessing you have friends on Live and PSN? Well, i have R6V2 on both PS3 and Xbox...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have friends on both XBL and PSN that will be buying this game. I have an arcade stick for 360, but the PS3 d-pad is decent enough to work....

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']I actually grinded out and got everything by playing the game on dreamcast. just kept shuffling store options until everything was cheaper.[/quote]
I forgot about the changing prices, sitting there entering and exiting the store until I found a good price. :lol:

mvcgraphics_01.jpg

The filters are amazing, maybe it's just my prolonged exposure to HD Remix but I never remembered the sprites being so pixelated.

[quote name='craigbezzle']the PS3 d-pad is decent enough to work....[/quote]

The pad has gotten better over the years. The original PSone pad was like sand paper, and the Ps2 wasn't much better.

I remember playing SFex until the ball of my thumb was raw. I ended up taking coin rolls and tearing them into pieces to cover my finger while i played. It was rough (ouch- bad pun!).

Holy crap, did you see the screen split down the middle in the video? That's new. And it looks like this is an actual port and not an emulation since I see true 16:9 widescreen and not squished and stretched widescreen. This is older games done right on newer systems.

I love the Transformers 80s Movie music in the video, too. They should just scrap all the "gonna take you for a ride" music and put in the entire Transformers 80s Movie soundtrack. It would be so much better that way.

bread's done
Back