Marvel vs. Capcom 3 discussion thread

[quote name='eastx']You live that far from a GameStop??? Dang dude, I'm surprised they have the internet there. =D[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Yeah, about 50 miles north of me is a huge city. Same goes for south.

Everything in between is mostly small farm towns. My town has a Walmart, Kmart, and a Family Video. (And that's basically it for games.)

There are a couple GameStops about forty minutes from me with MVC2 TE sticks... last time I checked. Apparently I can't even look them up on the website anymore.

So the Cox Communications technician comes by today at around 1PM, great guy, but does a completely thorough check of my line and connection and finds absolutely nothing wrong with it. For the past month, my ping has been skyrocketing throughout the day and now I find out there's nothing wrong. Apparently, if someone on my block has something wrong with their service, it can throw off everyone else's connection and my line is absolute last on the box so I get hit with everything no matter what. He replaced the modem and replaced the filter, so who knows if that'll fix it. Wasn't exactly what i was hoping for.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is there any desire to have a regularly scheduled Scrub Club night? The GT is not particularly useful if no one is using it.[/QUOTE]

Like Ubernes said, once they throw spectator mode in I'm all for it. Sitting in a lobby with 8 people, waiting for my turn when I'm not exactly good at fighting games isn't really the most appealing thing. Hopefully they fixed the internet here and then I'll be happy to play it with you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is there any desire to have a regularly scheduled Scrub Club night? The GT is not particularly useful if no one is using it.[/QUOTE]

Once spectator mode is available: hell yes. Right now I don't mind sitting in a lobby with 3-4 people, but even that gets boring sometimes too.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']So the Cox Communications technician comes by today at around 1PM, great guy, but does a completely thorough check of my line and connection and finds absolutely nothing wrong with it. For the past month, my ping has been skyrocketing throughout the day and now I find out there's nothing wrong. Apparently, if someone on my block has something wrong with their service, it can throw off everyone else's connection and my line is absolute last on the box so I get hit with everything no matter what. He replaced the modem and replaced the filter, so who knows if that'll fix it. Wasn't exactly what i was hoping for.[/QUOTE]

Good luck, man.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']If you're sitting in a lobby, and you're not up to fight, what do you see?[/QUOTE]

The health bars of the two teams. And their fight cards bumping into each other.

I'll be up for the scrub club as well once the spectator mode is available. Send me an fr, mainly just going through arcade with different characters right now.

[quote name='ubernes']The health bars of the two teams. And their fight cards bumping into each other.[/QUOTE]

Wow, even SSFIV 3DS shows goofy trophy people :D

_Z201011061626127411.jpg

Just chiming in for a Scrub Club night as well, I would try to find time for that when there is a spectator mode.

Well, if there ever is a patch with Spectator, I guess we can schedule something. Otherwise, we'll wait for the second version of MvC3 next year. :eye roll:

Send me a PM if you send a FR to the GT.

Didn't go thru all of the posts, but is anyone else having problems registering at marvelvscapcom3.com/redeem to have an account ready for when the DLC people are released?

[quote name='tukai']Didn't go thru all of the posts, but is anyone else having problems registering at marvelvscapcom3.com/redeem to have an account ready for when the DLC people are released?[/QUOTE]

I didn't have any problems with it.

Got all the achivements except
A New Avenger 40 - Clear 320 missions in Mission mode. (Ugh)

The few online ones: Win 5 Ranked in a Row, and surpass 1st Class. or beat someone who has it. Has anyone even met someone with First Class? And also seems impossible to boost 5 ranked in a row, which I guess is a good thing.

The only achievement I need besides finishing it up with 2 or 3 more characters is to play someone who is first class or whatever... kind of annoying since I've never seen someone that is.

[quote name='eastx']I keep getting Invalid Code when I put my code in at the MvC3 website. :([/QUOTE]

Well if they totally screw this up then maybe some extra codes will slip out from Capcom.

[quote name='tukai']Didn't go thru all of the posts, but is anyone else having problems registering at marvelvscapcom3.com/redeem to have an account ready for when the DLC people are released?[/QUOTE]

I had to make a new account on their site, and it hiccuped a couple times. But, I did eventually get an account made.

[quote name='eastx']I keep getting Invalid Code when I put my code in at the MvC3 website. :([/QUOTE]

Mine went through late last night without any issues.

Ugh. Going for Full Roster is driving me insane. So many games. So many Ryus. So many Zeros. So few of whatever I need left.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The few online ones: Win 5 Ranked in a Row, and surpass 1st Class. or beat someone who has it. Has anyone even met someone with First Class? And also seems impossible to boost 5 ranked in a row, which I guess is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

The 1st class thing seems designed to be a long term achievement. If I'm reading the PS3 version's leaderboards properly, there's only three people at class 1 or higher, all with win streaks in the hundreds.

I ended up getting the five consecutive rank wins in my first five ranked games. Since then, I've been lucky if I get a streak of 3.

[quote name='Salamando3000']
The 1st class thing seems designed to be a long term achievement. If I'm reading the PS3 version's leaderboards properly, there's only three people at class 1 or higher, all with win streaks in the hundreds.
.[/QUOTE]

I just fought a second class guy (top 10) didnt get it so yeah heh. Truth.

Looks like 3 people on the 360 have it now. The infamous catgirl is back in the top five.

Aren't those bundles cheaper at Best Buy? I thought I saw a thread the other day.... Yep.

Best Buy cheaper than Amazon. Armageddon should be well under way at this point.

Mmm, looks like it's in store only, but I see the option of ship-to-store on the site, so that should work out if you're legitimately interested.

Hooooly shit, half the price? Now I'm absolutely going to jump on it. I hope the stick isn't a piece of crap, though. Was hoping someone on here would have it/used to have it.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Hooooly shit, half the price? Now I'm absolutely going to jump on it. I hope the stick isn't a piece of crap, though. Was hoping someone on here would have it/used to have it.[/QUOTE]

I picked one up and used it last night, seemed pretty nice. Reviews basically say it's light and the parts aren't easily swappable if it breaks. At 30 bucks, it includes Tekken 6, and I figure if you get into using sticks more you can always pick up a nicer one and not feel bad about having a spare around the house for when your friends come over. It certainly beat using a standard controller, and right now it costs about the same as a fightpad.

Edit: FYI: I've never used fightsticks or a fightpad and haven't been into fighting games for many years.

Wish I could just hop on over to BestBuy and pick one up right now, none in stock, though. Guess I'll have to buy online and wait the week until it gets to the store. It'll definitely beat using a controller regardless.

Which two other characters would go well together with Haggar? He's the only solid character I know how to use at the moment. I've been experimenting with different characters, I just can't seem to find my groove.

[quote name='Test12345']Wait I have to make an account at crapcom for the future dlc? I thought the code was a psn code.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, this is the Xbox 360 thread.

I can't get ether of the codes to work ether Bomber, if you figure something out let me know. I know the dlc we can't get until the 15th but I thought we would be able to use the comic code right away.

I couldn't get the code registered on the capcom site on multiple pc's using firefox or IE. However when I went to the website on my Iphone, I had no problems registering the codes for the 3-15 release

Talked to another Cox Communications live agent about the internet connection crapping out (I had hoped that replacing the modem/filter would have been a magic solution, but it happened again today), and it turns out that someone else already filed a complaint about it so it was already in their system. Guess I'm not the only one having problems.

Hopefully it'll be resolved within a week or two.

Anyone use Ameratsu on their team? Any tips? Can't quite figure out how to effectively use her.

Just got my first ranked rage quit. First of many, I imagine.

Got the 160 Mission achievement and also completed Dante and Morrigan. :bouncy:

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Anyone use Ameratsu on their team? Any tips? Can't quite figure out how to effectively use her.[/QUOTE]

I don't use her, but I've fought against her... a lot. Ammy has great offensive options and is tiny, so she's actually hard to hit for a lot of characters. On the other hand, she's also got terrible vitality. Switch to her yellowish weapon and spam that hard... it's range and comboability are ridiculous. Her ice projectiles are excellent damage and chip. Her Hyper punishes absolutely anything and is incredibly easy to DHC if need be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5t970jj5y4

Posted before by Ink.So.Well. a while ago, but I didn't have a chance to watch it until now.

"Asian people, I can see them playing Dante. Asian people love playing Dante. Oh, Devil May Cry, you get to do these cool combos, I've gotta do it!"

:lol:

Dante has so many combos and moves you can pull off in MvC3, it's ridiculous. Pretty much anything you can do can chain into his Hypers. I don't know how to use him, really, but playing against someone who does...whoo man.

Seeing Justin Wong in that video reminded me of that Evo 2004 moment...love watching that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7cW2nMf1gk

I feel like I'm grasping the mechanics more in this installment than MvC 2, but have yet to test my skills online due to a severe lack of them at the moment. I'm gravitating towards Morrigan/Ryu/Iron Man since they're pretty noob-friendly.

[quote name='ced']I feel like I'm grasping the mechanics more in this installment than MvC 2, but have yet to test my skills online due to a severe lack of them at the moment. I'm gravitating towards Morrigan/Ryu/Iron Man since they're pretty noob-friendly.[/QUOTE]
You should also try out Magneto, his dashes are pretty fast, and most of his attacks are too. He's a good rusher IMO.

I'm using Morrigan too; I am kicking major a** with her!

My team as of yesterday is Morrigan/Trish(interchangeable with Dormammu, I'm not amazing with either just decent)/Super Skrull.

Skrull is a f*****g monster! I beat 3 people for a total of 9-ish games without taking any significant damage. I started off with Morrigan, started an air combo, went to Dormammu, went to Skrull, did tenderizer, and followed up with his QCF super, landed, tenderizer, launch and repeated, switched off to Morrigan to rush him. Took NO damage as I killed his first character. After that, I took one or two hits, and got his Capt. America to half health. He literally stood there, I poked the air a bit, because I don't like beating up someone who might be AFK, then I realized he was just inviting me to finish him so he could leave.

tl;dr : I F*****G LOVE SUPER SKRULL

Apparently that Tekken 6 fighting stick is just completely out of stock or something at Best Buy, Ship To Home isn't an option and every store is "Unavailable" for Ship To Store. Bleh. Not really feeling paying 60 bucks for the thing on Amazon.

Don't worry about missing on the Tekken 6 stick. The square gate of the stick = no half circle moves for you. It's a nice stick, just not good for MvC3.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Don't worry about missing on the Tekken 6 stick. The square gate of the stick = no half circle moves for you. It's a nice stick, just not good for MvC3.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Anyone use Ameratsu on their team? Any tips? Can't quite figure out how to effectively use her.[/QUOTE]whooo~!!! I use Ammy!!

I use her on point, however she is also real strong with her assist (the rosary assist) so if you're using her as 2nd or 3rd, make sure to incorporate that in your game.

Rosary in general is good keepaway. I havent found good uses for it in combos n stuff, but it's good against scrubs or even against Sentinal.

Basic combo I use online is with reflector, M H f+H H H H H

from here you can either

qcb+L or M into her super.

S launcher into air combo

dd+M to switch to sword, then immediately launch with S or maintain combo with M

weapon switching online mid-combo is very hard due to lag so I wouldnt risk it online, but definitely practice it if u wanna play offline.

once you have Sword, you have some real powerful combos. Hit up Mission Mode to see them.

hope that helps. I aint the best player, but I am learning some things

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Don't worry about missing on the Tekken 6 stick. The square gate of the stick = no half circle moves for you. It's a nice stick, just not good for MvC3.[/QUOTE]

This makes absolutely no sense.

Also, surprised to see that you aren't using Cold Star, Jekki. That is one of the best assists in the game.

[quote name='62t']Justin Wong had his own memorable comeback too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVmc5ZepdVs[/QUOTE]

Thats neat, but that's not even close to being as memorable as Daigo's SF3 comeback.

I feel like I'm grasping the mechanics more in this installment than MvC 2, but have yet to test my skills online due to a severe lack of them at the moment. I'm gravitating towards Morrigan/Ryu/Iron Man since they're pretty noob-friendly.

Ced- I know what you mean. I'm finishing up my review of the game. I didn't like MVC2 and haven't played any VS games seriously since Xmen vs SF. That said, I'm really liking my team of Wolverine, Dante, and Storm at the moment. I've played a few ranked games. Last one was me beating a guy on a 4 game win streak. He was 4 and 0. I'm SURE he was pissed because he missed out on his 5 game win streak achievement. :)

bread's done
Back