Mass Effect 1 Xbox 360 Price Hike?

This doesn't surprise me as people probably want to play the first game to get back into the story and transfer their saved data to Mass Effect 2. Later transferring that data to Mass Effect 3.

I've noticed this kind of trend lately whenever I want to play the prequel, hoping that it would be significantly cheaper, when everyone else is on the sequel.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This doesn't surprise me as people probably want to play the first game to get back into the story and transfer their saved data to Mass Effect 2. Later transferring that data to Mass Effect 3.

I've noticed this kind of trend lately whenever I want to play the prequel, hoping that it would be significantly cheaper, when everyone else is on the sequel.[/QUOTE]

Wow just wow though

[quote name='GAMGAM007']Am I missing something? When did it start going for $35+ used? And don't even get me started on the collectors edition?![/QUOTE]

Happened with ME1 when ME2 came out. What is the problem? It is in demand, why not raise the price?

Who's selling it for $35 used? GS is at $25 used. Is that the Amazon price?

Is the ME 1 CE any higher than $170 now on Amazon? That's what I sold it for last month.

Edit: And now it's at $200.

The CE has always been pretty damn high. So glad I had that thing pre-ordered forever. And as others have said, this often happens when a AAA sequel comes out. The prices on previous games tend to spike, because demand on them goes up. The prices will go back down once the ME3 frenzy dies out.

This exact thing happened when ME2 came out. I dumped my copy on Amazon last week for more than I paid for it originally...

[quote name='MSUHitman']Who's selling it for $35 used? GS is at $25 used. Is that the Amazon price?

Is the ME 1 CE any higher than $170 now on Amazon? That's what I sold it for last month.

Edit: And now it's at $200.[/QUOTE]

$35 at amazon and ebay both.

[quote name='GAMGAM007']$35 at amazon and ebay both.[/QUOTE]

Forget those guys, some dummy on Half.com is selling his for $22+shipping. Oh wait, that's me! (EDIT: Sold in 7 hours) I threw mine up tonight after finally trying it this weekend and not enjoying any of the 4+ hours I put into it. I might give 2 a try.

I thought the shooting mechanics were really good (aside from the sniper rifle that I was apparently dangling from a used condom while aiming); it was the constant walking back and forth while having annoying strangers ask me to do illegal things for them constantly, waiting in elevators way too long, and then driving a 6-wheeled piece of crap in the snow that ruined the game for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for a copy of Mass Effect 1 back when Mass Effect 2 came out and the local Gamestop was selling it for $30 or used. I ended up getting the digital download copy off of Xbox Live for $20 or whatever it was going for at the time.

Playing Mass Effect 3 right now, but never got around to buying any of the DLC for Mass Effect 1 or 2. Should I bother?

You can also get a games on demand/digital version for $20 + tax. Find points deals to make the deal sweeter. You only miss on bring down the sky dlc for free (which is like 80 points anyways) and a few mild extras. I wouldn't sell any of the Mass Effect games because they are so godly anyways, so retail disc or digital doesn't matter to me.

If you're annoyed by the prices for the original Mass Effect and don't care that it's likely a Platinum Hits, you should check your local Sears store. It should be $15 or under there on clearance if you can find it.

But as for complaining about people/places charging more for the prior games when the sequel comes out and it's a popular series, that's a bit ridiculous. If someone has an in demand item and people want it and are willing to pay that price, then more power to them for selling and making more than they would have prior.

I'm not complaining was just baffled for a moment especially since I sold a very good complete Mass Effect 2 copy on eBay(must have had an overflow of listings) and only got less then $5 would have given it to a friend for that price :(

If people wanted ME1 and ME2 for cheap they should have jumped on Amazon's deal a few weeks back when they were $5 each for digital download.

[quote name='Nogib']If people wanted ME1 and ME2 for cheap they should have jumped on Amazon's deal a few weeks back when they were $5 each for digital download.[/QUOTE]
Not everybody has a gaming PC.

I just noticed a deal thread here that said it's available for $20 at Amazon. Not super-cheap for a 5 year old game but it's certainly better than a used copy for $30.

bread's done
Back