Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

Yea, I really liked the ending music for ME1. M4 Part 2 by the Faunts is great. I was hoping they'd be back for ME2, but alas. At least they were back for ME3. Too bad it was overshadowed by something else.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Yeah, that ending to ME1 is really great. Very climactic and epic in scale. I'm probably going to go back to ME1 now. ME4 pt2 is seriously one of my favorite songs of all time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah having a mental tie to one of your most coveted games probably doesn't hurt. ;)

That's the only real sad thing about ME2. The ending gameplay sequence is such an incredible rush and then you get to the ending. The music is good, but it cuts out halfway through the credits!

Didn't anyone at BioWare do QA on that part? Just mind-boggling.

Okay, I need someone to help me out and hopefully I'm not crazy.

Does anyone else remember a sequence in ME or ME2 where you encounter a pro-human (maybe Cerberus) rally in one of the common areas on the Citadel? I don't think it was interactive but I vaguely remember it happening at least on one of my play-throughs. But I was talking to some people online last night and NO ONE else ever saw this and I could not find it referenced online at all.

So, anyone else ever come across something like it? Maybe I'm remembering something else and have the context wrong.

[quote name='simosaurus']Okay, I need someone to help me out and hopefully I'm not crazy.

Does anyone else remember a sequence in ME or ME2 where you encounter a pro-human (maybe Cerberus) rally in one of the common areas on the Citadel? I don't think it was interactive but I vaguely remember it happening at least on one of my play-throughs. But I was talking to some people online last night and NO ONE else ever saw this and I could not find it referenced online at all.

So, anyone else ever come across something like it? Maybe I'm remembering something else and have the context wrong.[/QUOTE]

Charles Saracino on the Citadel in ME1? Happens when you're on the Citadel before Ilos I believe.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']There's the part in ME2 with the anti-human politician, in Thane's loyalty mission. Could it be that?[/QUOTE]

No, he's probably thinking of the Terra Firma rally in ME1. You can talk to the leader of the rally and support/condemn them, or say that you're not allowed to talk politics. It's between Michel's and some of the stores, I think.

[quote name='The Crotch']No, he's probably thinking of the Terra Firma rally in ME1. You can talk to the leader of the rally and support/condemn them, or say that you're not allowed to talk politics. It's between Michel's and some of the stores, I think.[/QUOTE]

Aha! Thank you, that is it. At least I'm not losing my mind.

[quote name='The Crotch']No, he's probably thinking of the Terra Firma rally in ME1. You can talk to the leader of the rally and support/condemn them, or say that you're not allowed to talk politics. It's between Michel's and some of the stores, I think.[/QUOTE]
Wow, I don't think I've ever encountered that.

[quote name='simosaurus']Okay, I need someone to help me out and hopefully I'm not crazy.

So, anyone else ever come across something like it? Maybe I'm remembering something else and have the context wrong.[/QUOTE]

I think I've seen the interactive one in me1 and another type of non interactive in me2, it was pretty early on.

Haha I remember that, I just played ME1. Yeah I like talking to those guys with a full alien or full human squad, makes the discussions interesting.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Wow, I don't think I've ever encountered that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have played ME1 about 5 times and I think I've only come across that situation once for some reason. That's why I had a hard time remembering the specifics.

It's a very easily missed side quest. In my own experience, I think I've missed it at least 50% of the time.

The quest is called "Citadel: Our Own Worst Enemy" and here's probably the reason why a lot missed it: you get the quest AFTER Anderson calls you over to Flux, to talk about getting the Normandy to Illos. You basically have to go to the Upper Wards immediately afterwards to get the quest.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I've never missed that sidequest. I guess I wander a lot :)[/QUOTE]Same here. Also didn't miss it, mainly because it's an interesting side diversion for a few minutes.

Finished ME1 for the 6th time and then immediately imported the character into ME2. Sooner or later some studio will make another video game franchise. It's sure to happen sooner or later.

[quote name='simosaurus']Finished ME1 for the 6th time and then immediately imported the character into ME2. Sooner or later some studio will make another video game franchise. It's sure to happen sooner or later.[/QUOTE]

Lol I'd do that still if it weren't for my huge huge backlog. Then again the way things are taking place I might be gaming on my 360 for some time actually.

[quote name='simosaurus']Finished ME1 for the 6th time and then immediately imported the character into ME2. Sooner or later some studio will make another video game franchise. It's sure to happen sooner or later.[/QUOTE]
Yep... I just imported my second PS3 Mass Effect character into ME3, from 1 and 2. That was #7 for ME1, #6 for ME2, and it will be #4 for ME3.

I'm currently on my 6th (or maybe 7th) playthrough of ME1 as well, finally tackling Insanity. Its been pretty easy so far as an Adept but I just did the Luna mission....fuck that was hard.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Rogue VI.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Wasnt too bad till the 3rd bunker, those damn rocket drones. Also didnt help that I'm an Adept this playthrough and I brought Liara with me...forgot all my badass biotics dont do jack shit against the drones.

honestly this series is going to be the reason I jump to next gen, I have no interest in the new consoles as of now. But show me next gen ME and WOOOO WOOOO I'm on the hype train. I'll be selling random stuff around the house to fun buying a console for that.

As soon as I'm done with my Bioshock Infinite 1999 run, I plan on going back to my ME1 Engineer playthrough. I have a couple of playthroughts of ME1, then I'll pick my favorite one and play through the trilogy. There isn't anything that interests me coming out between now and Batman Arkham Origins, so I have plenty of time to spend on the Normandy between now and October. :whee:

[quote name='theredworm']honestly this series is going to be the reason I jump to next gen, I have no interest in the new consoles as of now. But show me next gen ME and WOOOO WOOOO I'm on the hype train. I'll be selling random stuff around the house to fun buying a console for that.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I really wanted to be excited about the X1, but I just can't force myself right now. It will take a title like ME4 to get me on board. With things like B:AO still on the horizon for the 360, I don't see any reason to run out dropping $$ on a new console right away. Of course, I'm saying this now before E3, so I could change my tune in a few weeks.

For right now, I'm just going to knock some Collector heads together and bask in the glory of ME2.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']As soon as I'm done with my Bioshock Infinite 1999 run, I plan on going back to my ME1 Engineer playthrough. I have a couple of playthroughts of ME1, then I'll pick my favorite one and play through the trilogy. There isn't anything that interests me coming out between now and Batman Arkham Origins, so I have plenty of time to spend on the Normandy between now and October. :whee:[/QUOTE]

Engineer is one of the classes I havent done yet, will probably make that my next class choice. Think I need another 2 runs through ME1 after this Insanity playthrough to finish off the cheevos, 1 Engineer and 1 Infiltrator.

Only stuff coming out the rest of the year I'm interested in is Arkham Origins and the new GTA.

EA has dropped price for a bunch of their online passes to free, ME2 Cerberus Network being among them. Good time to grab it if you don't have it already. Some people are reporting only being able to download from their console.

Finished ME2 for the...well, I've lost count of how many times I've played at this point.  It finally dawned on me why this middle chapter is so much fun for me:  Very limited fetch quests.  In ME1 and ME3, you were constantly bombarded with NPCs asking you to go scan a planet, find a locket, or follow up on a distress signal.  There were only a few of those in ME2 and everything else in the story is action based.  Sure, doing things like helping Jacob work out his daddy-issues is weird in the face of a threat against humanity, but at least there's a lot of shooting involved.

I know that I could always just skip the fetch quests, but I'm kind of a completionist and feel compelled do them when they are staring me in the face.  In general, ME2 doesn't waste too much of my time.

Dang, Sim!  That must have been a speed run.  Didn't you just start that playthrough?  Good point on the fetch quests.  I didn't feel like they were too bad in ME3, though. 

And don't get me started on Jacob.  The more time goes by, the more I despise that guy and all of his issues.  And, on the opposite side, I love Legion more and more and Samara has now grown on me. 

And don't get me started on Jacob. The more time goes by, the more I despise that guy and all of his issues. And, on the opposite side, I love Legion more and more and Samara has now grown on me.
Yeah, Jacob is a bore, but I helped him this time out of guilt. I just skipped his mission the last few times I played ME2. This time around, I also chose Mornith over Samara, just to see how the scene at the monastary plays out in ME3.

bread's done
Back