mass effect 2 ps3 gameshare

Naylord

CAGiversary!
I know there is gameshare thread but its so bloated and large now that it'll be really hard to connect with people on this.
Mass effect 2 hits psn next week as a download and will probably be sharable like most psn titles. Thus I think we should get a gameshare of this game going as it will probably be like 10-12 dollars per person.
Who is in?

[quote name='stmack']sorry for taking so long, I see it's already been confirmed but I also just checked and it's playable on both my ps3 and my friend's so looks good to go.[/QUOTE]

Simultaneously? No 24 hour lockout?

[quote name='sinlab']Simultaneously? No 24 hour lockout?[/QUOTE]

yup, we're both playing it now actually

[quote name='stmack']yup, we're both playing it now actually[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I'm down for a ME2 group if someone wants to host.

damn so tempting..
but maybe i should wait until its a greatest hits game haha.
i like the feeling of having a physical game instead of it being on my ps3

[quote name='IRHari']I might get it once it goes down in price.

I can't see how anyone can defend paying full price for a game that was released a year late.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, you get a bunch of extra DLC free of charge.

now with a bigger TV (maybe 12 to something like 27) I'm even more annoyed at HD. quite frankly every game is still completely playable (contrary to the general internet's complaint) and now that my screen is bigger I can read everything. The only exception so far has been Mass Effect. I played that demo and that game is unreadable. I'll be waiting till I get a new TV for this one. Interested to see if I can read the Dead Space textlogs

my TV is still SD. it's just a bigger screen.
my point was that you always hear gamers say "i can't play in SD" but that ME is really the first game I've seen where that's true. With a bigger screen I can actually read the words in DefJam Rapstar and I'm pretty certain I'll be able to make out text logs in DeadSpace.

Are there any people in here still interested in gamesharing Mass Effect 2?

I'm willing to join an open group ASAP.

If no group's still open, I'm willing to buy the game and share it for 14$ as soon as I've got 3 other people interested.

Thanks!

Pub

I'm really interested in an ME2 gameshare as well. Ideally I'd like to be part of a long term group. Looking to get SSF4 costume bundle as well, just an idea. I have a ton of content on my own but wouldn't be opposed to rebuying some of it for the greater good of the group. If someone could reply to this or PM me that would be great.

*** Closing my ME2 group ***

Thanks to all of you guys, I didn't expect such an enthusiastic response.

I'll contact you by PM.

Firstly, this group has no weekly spending cap or floor. Our purchases will be decided by weekly voting. This group will be purchasing PS3 games & Downloadable Content (DLC). PSP games will NOT be purchased (too difficult to share).

Weekly voting will begin when all nominated purchases are posted and the voting bracket is set up. There are three possible voting choices: Yes (I want to purchase), No (I do not want to purchase) or Indifferent (I already own the item, I have no strong feelings either way, I will not stop the group from making this purchase). In order for a purchase to be made it must have fewer than 2 No votes. It breaks down thusly:

5 Yes = Purchase
4 Yes, 1 No = Purchase
4 Yes, 1 Indifferent = Purchase
3 Yes, 1 No, 1 Indifferent = Purchase
3 Yes, 2 Indifferent = Purchase
2 Yes, 1 No, 2 Indifferent = Purchase
2 Yes, 3 Indifferent = Purchase
1 Yes, 1 No, 3 Indifferent = Purchase
1 Yes, 4 Indifferent = Purchase

There will be no instance where there are no Yes votes because the person who nominates the purchase will be voting Yes for it.

There are 5 members and each member will nominate 1 item per week for potential purchase. All 5 members will then vote on the purchase. Also included weekly will be the specials/discounts on the PSN Store. In the case that we have 5 Indifferent votes on one of those items we will have a forum discussion (forum is on RFD) as to purchase it or not (it likely will not be purchased as no one was moved enough to vote Yes).

PSN specials/discounts will be listed in this thread by me every Tuesday (or early Wednesday if PSN update is late). We would like all nominated purchases to be PMed to me or posted on the thread before midnight every Wednesday. Voting will then take place on Thursday/Friday. We would like all votes to be made by 5PM EST on Friday. I will then calculate the amount owing from each member and anticipate the payment to be sent to me via Paypal as soon as possible. Email money transfer is also acceptable as is cash for members who are in contact with each other. We anticipate the purchases will be made Friday night/Saturday, after which I will post on the thread that purchases have been made as well as PM/call the members to let them know they can begin their downloads.

As has already been agreed Mass Effect 2 as well as the current DLC for the game will be the first purchase, after which we will begin the process described above.

This group currently has 4 members. We are seeking a 5th member. Keep in mind that this is a long term group that is very much in it for the long haul. We will be making weekly purchases. Do not submit your interest lightly. All 4 current members know each other personally, it is not essential that we personally know the 5th but we will be screening thoroughly to ensure their idea of a gameshare is in line with ours.

Current Members

1. BogartandMinerva
2. Bogey07
3. cory61313
4. Philly402613
5. TB

PM me or reply to this post if interested...

Sorry, I'm trying to recruit a fifth member by providing as much information as possible. When the group adds a fifth member our business will not be discussed on this thread.

oh my mistake. i assumed TB was a person. and yeah no biggie i just meant it more for your own protection and convenience. GameShare groups are one of the few useful purposes for the social group.

Can i get trophies for my account through this gameshare? Or can someone explain how this works?

edit: I guess you can get trophies on your account. I see. So I would have to download the game or dlc on a seperate account but it's on my ps3 so I can just log back into "shadylane310" and the content will be present there. Correct?

i assume you don't have two users on your PS3.

Do this. create a new user on your PS3. You'll notice all your videos, and DLC-Games and such are there and you can still play them even though you haven't put in your PSN account name and what not. Gameshare works the same way.

I'm interested in ME2. Bought the retail disk and beat it on PC AND on PS3, but I just cant get enough and am trading in my copy for DA2. Willing to add $14 to PSN account for the download.

[quote name='shadylane']Can i get trophies for my account through this gameshare? Or can someone explain how this works?

edit: I guess you can get trophies on your account. I see. So I would have to download the game or dlc on a seperate account but it's on my ps3 so I can just log back into "shadylane310" and the content will be present there. Correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct indeed.

bread's done
Back