Mass Effect 2, Super Street Fighter IV- $19.99 each 360 @ Target. (+more price cuts!)

limelight022

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (99%)
Not sure if this is a universal price drop or not, but while i was there today i noticed these two games are now price cut (aka permanent price drop) to $19.99 each. This is only for the 360 version of SSFIV, didnt see ps3 in the cases.

To clarify, these are NOT clearance prices, they are marked as "Price Cut". This is targets way of saying that so-and-so item has a new lower price.

edit- here's some more price cuts i just remembered all for 360:

Bioshock- $14.99
Iron Man 2- $19.99
Bioshock 2- $29.99
Forza 3- $29.99
Kane and Lynch 2- $39.99 (may be $29.99 cant remember)
Blur- $49.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about SSFIV but the price drop for Mass Effect 2 is a universal MSRP drop so it should be that price at every store that actually updates the prices.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I think the OP means it was on clearance for that price....[/QUOTE]

It is what i said- "price cut" -which is not clearance. Its targets way of signifiying a new lower price for an item.

And yes, its SUPER SSFIV! WOO HOO!! :)

[quote name='DR2K']ME2 was 17.99(used) at gamestop today. So I believe it.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine there last week at that price, then i noticed target's price and figured for the extra $2 i can get that code that comes with new copies of the game.

Looks like i'll be doing a return at GS tomorrow. :)

[quote name='icarusmight']Sheez why don't you guys just believe him. If not it's your loss. Great price on both games, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

It's easy to be skeptical because even price drops are YMMV in many cases. Look at DJ Hero, it wasn't $30 at my local Target, but at the next closest one it was. It wasn't on clearance, it was a price drop...

[quote name='miriamleo']Got myself Mass Effect 2 today. Have been waiting for it to drop for a long time. I know its MSRP but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Hope you saved the receipt - just buy it new at the reduced price and return it with the full MSRP receipt. Or try to get the reduced price straight-out (assuming you bought at Target).

Blur is really dead, in fact when I was playing with a friend there were a whopping 88 players online (360 version) but the single player is still damn fun. I wouldn't pay more then $20 for it still (thats how much it was months ago, in fact some people got it for $10 after a best buy coupon).

SSFIV is worth it for sure. Awesome price on that.

ME2 worth it but I believe It's slightly cheaper on Amazon.

Not showing up on the website; in fact there is no version of Super in stock at all on web. I think they are probably clearing them out. Maybe getting rid of the old game since the new fighters are on their way.

Personally hated the whole Capcom putting out a new version on disc when they could have simply made it DLC. Splitting the playerbase is never a good move imo. I'll bite for half price of MSRP or less regardless though! :)

[quote name='Digital Idiot']Not showing up on the website; in fact there is no version of Super in stock at all on web. I think they are probably clearing them out. Maybe getting rid of the old game since the new fighters are on their way.

Personally hated the whole Capcom putting out a new version on disc when they could have simply made it DLC. Splitting the playerbase is never a good move imo. I'll bite for half price of MSRP or less regardless though! :)[/QUOTE]

I grew up in a time where Capcom charged $70 for a new version of Street Fighter...I paid full price for Super because I'm a huge fan and they fixed the problems I had with SF4. The changes they made are worth it; and again, this is NOTHING new for Capcom.

[quote name='Donnums']I grew up in a time where Capcom charged $70 for a new version of Street Fighter...I paid full price for Super because I'm a huge fan and they fixed the problems I had with SF4. The changes they made are worth it; and again, this is NOTHING new for Capcom.[/QUOTE]

I grew up in that time too. I paid 100 bucks for my copy of Phantasy Star IV; I think my copy of Strider was 90.

But this is no longer the era of cartridges with expensive chips and no way to update after release. Updates/Patches to games that rebalance, or add new content or play modes happen all the time in current gen games. Not to mention DLC that keeps games new, fresh and fun a year or more after release (hi Borderlands, Fallout)

There is no reason for Capcom to stay mired in the past, when they could probably make more money selling DLC as well as a GOTY or updated disc. (see RE 5 Gold)

It's cool if you thought it was worth it, but as a CAG to the core, and with 800+ other games in my collection, the additions they made to SSFIV did not seem worth my money, or my time. At 50% off, it turns into a real prospect for me though, since that is what I would have paid for DLC if they had chosen to release it that way.

No need to further discuss, this is off topic; I will check Target at lunch to see if my store has the "price drop" in effect. This whole thread seems very YMMV so far.

Target does price match. I had target match Best buy for REsident evil 5 gold edition which was selling for $30.

but theres a catch, you have to have a printed advertisement.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Blur is really dead, in fact when I was playing with a friend there were a whopping 88 players online (360 version) but the single player is still damn fun. I wouldn't pay more then $20 for it still (thats how much it was months ago, in fact some people got it for $10 after a best buy coupon).[/QUOTE]

I got Blur for $10 @ Bestbuy (OLD sale), worth every penny.
Last I checked it doesn't support 88 players per race.
You should therefore still be able to find someone to race with online!
88 != 0 also 88 > 20 (max # online players per race)

Still agree, don't pay $50 for it... it will be in the bargain bin by Christmas.

I saw all of those price cuts near me. The only exception is that Iron Man 2 was back up to $39.99

Super Street Fighter IV for PS3 was clearanced from $29.99 to $20.98.

[quote name='Digital Idiot']Personally hated the whole Capcom putting out a new version on disc when they could have simply made it DLC. Splitting the playerbase is never a good move imo. I'll bite for half price of MSRP or less regardless though! :)[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine how much it would have cost for all that new content to be DLC? Easily $40.00 or more w/ inflated DLC pricing. $40.00 was a steal. I'd take a new disc at that price any day.

Just picked up the last SSIV for $19.99 at North Miami target. Then swung by a local blockbuster and picked up a used ME2 in like new condition for 9.99. Good hunt!

[quote name='raiser']I got Blur for $10 @ Bestbuy (OLD sale), worth every penny.
Last I checked it doesn't support 88 players per race.
You should therefore still be able to find someone to race with online!
88 != 0 also 88 > 20 (max # online players per race)

Still agree, don't pay $50 for it... it will be in the bargain bin by Christmas.[/QUOTE]

When you're in the online menu it says how many people are online playing. That's where he's getting the 88 number from. 88 total across the world at that exact time, not just that one race.

[quote name='MSUHitman']When you're in the online menu it says how many people are online playing. That's where he's getting the 88 number from. 88 total across the world at that exact time, not just that one race.[/QUOTE]

My point was if there are >0 players you have a race.
He was saying nobody is still playing the game.
88 people is more than enough to race with.
God only knows what time of day/week he was online either.

I never expect COD or Halo number of players in any other type of game.
I find that if you can find 4 to 8 people online you have acceptable online play.
Some games have ZERO, so 88 isn't bad IMHO.

[quote name='dabamus']I think OP means the regular version because he said $19.99 and not $19.98[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha

Anyone see SSFIV at target on PS3 at this price?

[quote name='larryface']hahahahaha

Anyone see SSFIV at target on PS3 at this price?[/QUOTE]

I checked, and the PS3 version is still $39.99, at least at the target in North Miami.

[quote name='duran603']I checked, and the PS3 version is still $39.99, at least at the target in North Miami.[/QUOTE]

Doh! Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='larryface']hahahahaha

Anyone see SSFIV at target on PS3 at this price?[/QUOTE]

I saw it for $20.98 as I posted earlier.

No go at the Rochester Hills, MI Target. I had the employee scan SSFIV for 360 and it rang up $39.99. Looks like this deal is YMMV.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Blur is really dead, in fact when I was playing with a friend there were a whopping 88 players online (360 version) but the single player is still damn fun. I wouldn't pay more then $20 for it still (thats how much it was months ago, in fact some people got it for $10 after a best buy coupon).[/QUOTE]

Was it 88 players in total or 88 for that one playlist? Granted, Blur hasn't been the most popular title in the world, but I usually see a fair amount of people online whenever I get on. I actually was on just an hour ago and saw something like 600 people. No, it's not a lot. But it's far from the 88 you mention.

PS3 SSFIV is still $39.99 at my store; the .98 prices are clearance.

Was a bit disappointed; I obviously didn't read the thread close enough and figured I'd at least get SSFIV if clearance came up dry (which it did). Did see lots of the 360 version at 19.99 though.

[quote name='larryface']Doh! Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

No prob! I did see the greatest hits version of SFIV for 20.98 on the clearance endcap.

My Target didn't have it marked as clearance, it was a 'Price Drop.'

The price was $19.99 and it only applied to the X360 version of SSFIV, not the PS3 version (at the store I went to.)

My target had dj hero (all platform) for $29.99 as a temp price drop.

I did not see any ssf4 deals :( (Athens and Winder ga). Both stores were overhauling their DVD sections so they might be behind on price drops.

bread's done
Back