Mass Effect 3 CE 360 Back at Gamestop

bnl11311

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey, the code Shillelagh also still works. Was able to grab another one. I don't know if these are actually rare but this is a decent price and worse comes to worse you return it and lose the $3.50 shipping. Probably worth the gamble to see how the next month play's out with these.

Those 360 collectors will be worth something cause everyone who has one will eventually crack the two discs trying to remove them from the shit ass cases. what the fuck is wrong with those things?!!!! I just put the discs in a couple of those gamestop yellow envelopes for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
^huh, no shaq-fu pic over your swear word

time to test: fuck

welp, I guess you can only get away with swearing if you yell it

[quote name='Ruahrc']Oh the irony. After what EA did to Turn 10/MS regarding Porsche in FM4, MS should give them the finger and say "licensing agreements suck, don't they bitch?"[/QUOTE]

What happened with that?

[quote name='Toss']Those 360 collectors will be worth something cause everyone who has one will eventually crack the two discs trying to remove them from the shit ass cases. what the fuck is wrong with those things?!!!! I just put the discs in a couple of those gamestop yellow envelopes for now.[/QUOTE]

Yep had to do an exchange at Gamestop because mine cracked also. Disc 2 is harder to get out than 1.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yep had to do an exchange at Gamestop because mine cracked also. Disc 2 is harder to get out than 1.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the issue is with XBOX 360 version only? I have a PS3 version that I haven't opened and will be getting 2 copies of the 360 version tomorrow. I do want to play it on the 360 since I have my original character from ME 1&2 on there.

Why didn't they just put the normal green case xbox 360 inside the collector's box?

[quote name='3rdbass']I'm guessing the issue is with XBOX 360 version only? I have a PS3 version that I haven't opened and will be getting 2 copies of the 360 version tomorrow. I do want to play it on the 360 since I have my original character from ME 1&2 on there.

Why didn't they just put the normal green case xbox 360 inside the collector's box?[/QUOTE]

Cause that would be ugly as hell.

[quote name='confoosious']Cause that would be ugly as hell.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it would be more practical. LOL.

Any body buy a ps3 version? Does the CE only come with 1 disc? I received a disc only copy from someone on goozex on sat and it only had 1 disc.

[quote name='Toss']Any body buy a ps3 version? Does the CE only come with 1 disc? I received a disc only copy from someone on goozex on sat and it only had 1 disc.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is only on 1 disc. The magic of blu-ray. LOL.

Got my 2 XBOX 360 CE's a couple days ago. Sticker was easy to take off. Still haven't attempted to take out the discs as I won't have time to play the game until this weekend.

[quote name='aznhero913']Shit,

I got mine yesterday and I can hear the disc banging around in there...

Anyone else opened theirs and find any problems?[/QUOTE]

I got one for each system and originally had a few to resell and I would say about 25% of the copies I had had that problem.

I haven't actually opened a copy to play so are we sure it is the disc? Like others posted it sounds to loud and heavy to be a voucher but from how many people have posted that issue and that I've noticed it in all three version (PC, PS3, 360) it seems to be a really common problem

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yep had to do an exchange at Gamestop because mine cracked also. Disc 2 is harder to get out than 1.[/QUOTE]

I am SO glad that I'm not the only one with this problem. It took me a good 5 minutes to wiggle disk 2 out of my 360 CE, and I genuinely thought I was gonna crack it. Love the design of the steelbook, but damn... that disk 2 thing is brutal.

[quote name='Kaiser499']It makes me wonder if they are reprinting these things, wouldn't surprise me if they were.[/QUOTE]

Can we stop with the reprint everytime there is a thread about a site having a few copies of ME3 CE left? This is probably just people with pre-orders that cancelled it or items returned because the address was undeliverable.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Can we stop with the reprint everytime there is a thread about a site having a few copies of ME3 CE left? This is probably just people with pre-orders that cancelled it or items returned because the address was undeliverable.[/QUOTE]

In some peoples minds there is a "make believe land" where a company can reprint a game overnight and get it to all retailers for sale the next day.

In reality if there is a reprint (which I highly doubt) you won't be seeing that stock for some time

[quote name='GBAstar']In some peoples minds there is a "make believe land" where a company can reprint a game overnight and get it to all retailers for sale the next day.

In reality if there is a reprint (which I highly doubt) you won't be seeing that stock for some time[/QUOTE]

Without question there hasn't been time for a reprint. Now, if one of these "reprinters" would say, "There are more copies available than previous CEs in the series effectively reducing the perceived value of these things," then I might be inclined to agree.

[quote name='GBAstar']In some peoples minds there is a "make believe land" where a company can reprint a game overnight and get it to all retailers for sale the next day.

In reality if there is a reprint (which I highly doubt) you won't be seeing that stock for some time[/QUOTE]

For the 360 the steelbook itself would only make noise if the disc was loose which i doubt because of how tight those spindles are. The voucher is G1 sized so i know it cant be that. The noise you hear may actually be the lithograph which is smaller than the packaging it is in. I cant confirm until i get home but i suspect it is the lithograph.

Whoops quoted wrong post stupid mobile :)

[quote name='Donut2922']For the 360 the steelbook itself would only make noise if the disc was loose which i doubt because of how tight those spindles are. The voucher is G1 sized so i know it cant be that. The noise you hear may actually be the lithograph which is smaller than the packaging it is in. I cant confirm until i get home but i suspect it is the lithograph.

Whoops quoted wrong post stupid mobile :)[/QUOTE]

It's alright I undrestand you were quoting my earlier post. I just have noticed in quite a few of the CE's I've handled, across all platforms, that something obvious is moving around inside the packaging. I'm not convinced it is the game disc only because one it hits one end of the packaging after rotating the packing it doesn't make a "bounce" noise like you'd expect a disc to do but then again I'm not a sound expert so it could very well be the disc too. Just seems like too common of an issue to be loose discs.

[quote name='aznhero913']Shit,

I got mine yesterday and I can hear the disc banging around in there...

Anyone else opened theirs and find any problems?[/QUOTE]

This.

I returned my copy this past Monday because of that same noise, I didn't want to risk opening it and being unable to return it to Gamestop. After my return transaction was completed, the associate opened the copy himself and lo and behold the first disc was indeed loose and out of its disc tray. It was a bit scratched, but nothing too major. Fortunately I was able to find another copy yesterday though.

[quote name='bassist51']This.

I returned my copy this past Monday because of that same noise, I didn't want to risk opening it and being unable to return it to Gamestop. After my return transaction was completed, the associate opened the copy himself and lo and behold the first disc was indeed loose and out of its disc tray. It was a bit scratched, but nothing too major. Fortunately I was able to find another copy yesterday though.[/QUOTE]

I had this same problem w/ Best Buy. I'm glad I didn't open the box to see if it was the litho.

It was semi-apparent to me that it was in the metal tray and not the cardbox box so I assumed it was the disc.

My copy was rattling around, and it was indeed the disc loose. Since it's not shrinkwrapped, it's pretty easy to unseal and reseal to check- also a warning if you buy a returned new copy, there really wouldn't be anything to stop an unscrupulous clown grabbing the dlc and resealing.

Just received my copy in the mail and it also has something rattling in there too. Trying to call up to the local GS's to see if there's any copies around here to switch out.

When I got mine it felt like something was loose. Turned out the art book was smaller than the box it was in making it bang back in forth when I flipped the box. The Discs themselves were secure, and as previous posts said disc two is in so tight it feels like it will snap when trying to take it out. The discs also had quite a lot of dust on them, I was worried that they were scratched at first, but it rubbed off. Great game so far. Glad I was able to get it when GS had it online last week. THanks OP.

[quote name='vherub']My copy was rattling around, and it was indeed the disc loose. [/QUOTE]

i bought 2 ce's and one was def rattling-so i decide to open that one to play-and yeah it was the disc-but i didn't really care as there was only 2 small hairline scratches on the disc.

Wow, that was quick... When I posted, walmart still had them in stock, I even managed to add it to cart without any issues.

bread's done
Back