Mass Effect 3 CE (PS3) in stock at Amazon

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=201130
Xbox 360 CE stock check^

Only 2 of the 8 gamestop closest to me is low stock, the rest are all in stock. Maybe its just re-sellers or people buying multiple copes just encase, that are drying up the stock online.

The 2 best buys closest to me are sold out of xbox 360 CEs but have at least 3 PS3 CEs each. The 2 closest target to me also still have 1 xbox 360 CEs each.

I picked up my xbox 360 CE today and something about this CE's physical items look and feel like lower quality compared to the CE for ME2, or maybe it just me...

[quote name='Taren Fox']Amazon has charged me, so I think I'm in the clear. :D[/QUOTE]

I eventually got my Amazon shipping confirmation, so I'm holding out hope for you now. lol *fingers crossed*

Hastings is really good about stuff that is actually, well, you know, in stock. Their used game/blu-ray/dvd/book sales are REALLY hard to beat, especially if they drop a 30-40% off code out in the wild. I order quite a bit from them and they never did me wrong. I even preordered (in store pickup) an ME3 CE and the guy at the counter told me at least 45-50 people came in trying to buy my copy (which was locked up in the display case, oddly enough) but I came out fresh in the end. :)

[quote name='htz']http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=201130
Xbox 360 CE stock check^

Only 2 of the 8 gamestop closest to me is low stock, the rest are all in stock. Maybe its just re-sellers or people buying multiple copes just encase, that are drying up the stock online.

The 2 best buys closest to me are sold out of xbox 360 CEs but have at least 3 PS3 CEs each. The 2 closest target to me also still have 1 xbox 360 CEs each.

I picked up my xbox 360 CE today and something about this CE's physical items look and feel like lower quality compared to the CE for ME2, or maybe it just me...[/QUOTE]

Gamestop quantity checker updates at 8am every morning, at least that's how it used to be. Wait until tomorrow and check again. lol

Xbox 360 CE stock check^

I picked up my xbox 360 CE today and something about this CE's physical items look and feel like lower quality compared to the CE for ME2, or maybe it just me...[/QUOTE]

you're correct. every gamestop near me has "stock" and only two have low stock. maybe they are counting the pre orders that have not been picked up?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']no doubt 360. amazon still has 479 ps3 versions in stock.[/QUOTE]

But they have over 999 copies of the 360 version.. and it's been like that all day!!

J/king of course but if anyone wants one, I wouldn't bothering waiting for this to drop... unless EA decides to backstab BioWare and print more... and by that I mean, there's a good change they'll backstab BioWare.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']you're correct. every gamestop near me has "stock" and only two have low stock. maybe they are counting the pre orders that have not been picked up?[/QUOTE]

That is correct. The copies in stock include those being held for pre-order, which GS likely won't sell (given how hard to find this game is) until the 48 hours have passed.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']you're correct. every gamestop near me has "stock" and only two have low stock. maybe they are counting the pre orders that have not been picked up?[/QUOTE]

They are. I went into my local GS because it said they're in stock and they said they had none to sell, all they had were pre orders.

I know my local stores showed the Metal Gear HD LE in stock on release day, and when I went to go and get one, they were INDEED counting the preorders that weren't picked up.

Luckily one of the stores still showed it on the Friday of that week, and I WAS able to pick it up then.

[quote name='Vinny']But they have over 999 copies of the 360 version.. and it's been like that all day!!

J/king of course but if anyone wants one, I wouldn't bothering waiting for this to drop... unless EA decides to backstab BioWare and print more... and by that I mean, there's a good change they'll backstab BioWare.

That is correct. The copies in stock include those being held for pre-order, which GS likely won't sell (given how hard to find this game is) until the 48 hours have passed.[/QUOTE]

well the 360 version is actually oos. im not sure where they are getting this other inventory from. either reprint, returns, or unsold stock not at the warehouse yet.

Xbox 360 CE stock check^

This means nothing. I called every store in my area and none of them had any stock of any CE's at all. They were all pre-orders. Super annoying.

Hmm... I didn't know they count pre-orders for the stock checker. At least people have a way to look for stock once the 48 hours has passed. Good luck to those who have not got one.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']lol this is pretty confusing. i guess no reprint after all?[/QUOTE]

Reprints don't happen instantly. EA has to order them, and (from what I've read) BioWare has stated they want these to be fairly limited.

[quote name='kylerg']Pissed because Kmart can't figure out what is going on with my order. I feel like I am getting the run around.[/QUOTE]

If it walks like a duck.........

I'd cancel and grab one from Amazon whenever it pops up again.

[quote name='ivanctorres']I received the item in the exact same condition. I'm not sure if it's an Amazon issue or a UPS issue. I contacted amazon and they issued a $20 refund as a one time exception.[/QUOTE]

Was the case \ game okay when you opened it?

[quote name='HydroX']Reprints don't happen instantly. EA has to order them, and (from what I've read) BioWare has stated they want these to be fairly limited.[/QUOTE]
Where did you read that? Similar to ME2 Limited, stores receives restocks, although limited, on a weekly basis for up to a month after release.
EA bought and owns Bioware. The limited edition sells for $80 a pop! If there are demands, it doesn't make any business sense for them not to print more.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']is the CE really worth it? a couple of GameStops nearby have them in stock but my normal edition arrives today from Amazon[/QUOTE]

Yes

Just FYI, if anyone who didnt manage to get an Xbox 360 CE I have an extra that I am willing to sell to a CAG member. It'd be $100 shipped (cost + shipping). PM me if interested.

[quote name='leopaw']Where did you read that? Similar to ME2 Limited, stores receives restocks, although limited, on a weekly basis for up to a month after release.
EA bought and owns Bioware. The limited edition sells for $80 a pop! If there are demands, it doesn't make any business sense for them not to print more.[/QUOTE]

Restocks do not = reprints.

Hey guys. I would still check the websites to see if you can order online. I ordered the 360 CE from GS on Monday and got it to go through. It has shipped and I will receive it on Friday. Don't give up looking for them, no matter how annoyed the people at GS or BB sound when you call.

[quote name='leopaw']Where did you read that? Similar to ME2 Limited, stores receives restocks, although limited, on a weekly basis for up to a month after release.
EA bought and owns Bioware. The limited edition sells for $80 a pop! If there are demands, it doesn't make any business sense for them not to print more.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't make much business sense to run around and deal with the hassle and expense of multiple vendors/special production runs that have vastly different lead times (art book, steel case, disk printing, patch, boxes) and non-standard assembly to cater to a shrinking consumer audience. The margins on this aren't that fat...I would guess EA maybe makes $8-12 more on the CE. If this was something like just re printing a special cover to fit in a standard case and some code cards, that would be an easy turn around but this CE has alot more parts and as a result has many more fixed costs to redo. It isn't likely that many people aren't going to buy ME3 at all if if they can't get a CE, so EA gets paid either way...going through a ton of effort just to make a little bit more sometimes isn't worth the extra effort, esp in non-relationship based business.

I heard that the steelbook has a sticker on it that can damage it when you take it off. Does the blow dryer trick help with taking off the sticker without damaging the steelbook?

at the target I work at, we had the ME3 CE (360, we didn't even get ps3 copies) sit all day on a front endcap with no one even asking about it. So try calling target stores and see if they can put it on hold for you, if others stores are like mine. and while some people are seem to be down on the quality, I have all 3 CEs and I'm perfectly fine with this one too.

[quote name='AgentW']at the target I work at, we had the ME3 CE (360, we didn't even get ps3 copies) sit all day on a front endcap with no one even asking about it. So try calling target stores and see if they can put it on hold for you, if others stores are like mine. and while some people are seem to be down on the quality, I have all 3 CEs and I'm perfectly fine with this one too.[/QUOTE]

When did you get them in? The target I went to said there was no stock anywhere near me and they didn't stock it. I figured he just didn't know what I was talking about and it might have been in the back.

[quote name='confoosious']When did you get them in? The target I went to said there was no stock anywhere near me and they didn't stock it. I figured he just didn't know what I was talking about and it might have been in the back.[/QUOTE]

Some Target stores (even in the OKC area) never received any, so he could be right.

Just call and ask for a price check, give them the DPCI (207-22-0799) to verify if there's any stock. If they have any, it will be in the back room. They are not known to be on any planograms/endcaps for the time being -- which is why you see CEs at Target in the clearance section over time.

If you just ask for the game by the title, it will come up "Item not found" on the PDA.

Does anyone know when GameStop releases games for sale that were on preorder? I have seen quite a few of these that are being held. I thought it was 48 hours. If so, I will probably go tomorrow and grab some.

Amazon charged me yesterday morning and confirmed my order. Still has yet to ship today though... gettign kind of ansty wondering why they have not shiped it yet. They usualy ship it a couple of hours after they charge me.

Oh well, guess its just awaiting game for me now just not sure what they are waiting for as I paid for the 3-5 day shipping. At this srate I should have just gone with the free shipping This was the Pc version btw.

[quote name='HydroX']Some Target stores (even in the OKC area) never received any, so he could be right.

Just call and ask for a price check, give them the DPCI (207-22-0799) to verify if there's any stock. If they have any, it will be in the back room. They are not known to be on any planograms/endcaps for the time being -- which is why you see CEs at Target in the clearance section over time.

If you just ask for the game by the title, it will come up "Item not found" on the PDA.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't doubting him about his store but he said nobody around us got any. There's like 8 stores near me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']When did you get them in? The target I went to said there was no stock anywhere near me and they didn't stock it. I figured he just didn't know what I was talking about and it might have been in the back.[/QUOTE]

We checked ours in on Monday morning. Received a total of 3 360 CEs and no PS3 ones. I worked tuesday evening and no one asked for it, all were there until a friend bought one, and I picked up one after finishing for the day. So not too many, but we had them. I didn't check surrounding stores though.

But using the DPCI from the post a couple above mine would be the best way to find it on a call, because the lookup system is terrible and fails most of the time.

Got lucky today, walked in my local GS (Charlotte, NC) and got the last 360 CE. Might want to check GS locations online, all near me had at least low stock.

[quote name='dubleo']I heard that the steelbook has a sticker on it that can damage it when you take it off. Does the blow dryer trick help with taking off the sticker without damaging the steelbook?[/QUOTE]

the sticker on the steel book looks like the xbox barcode seal that's normally on the right side where you cut and open normal cases. mine seemed like it was placed recently (however recent that may be) so it came off without a hitch.

the interior that holds the discs on the other hand snap in easily but make me concerned taking them out. if anyone has this issue, I took an old writing disc and popped in and out repeatedly to wear down the numbs that hold your disc abit.

My Amazon order from yesterday has yet to ship. It still says it's scheduled to arrive on the 9th, but I am still concerned. )-:

[quote name='Taren Fox']My Amazon order from yesterday has yet to ship. It still says it's scheduled to arrive on the 9th, but I am still concerned. )-:[/QUOTE]

Contact Amazon CSR. I had the same issue and was a little peeved when I saw they were saying the ones available yesterday could be at my door by Wednesday or Thursday. Once I contacted Amazon, they took care of the issue and now my 360 and PC copy has been shipped. They even gave me $10 credit for the hassle.

[quote name='Taren Fox']My Amazon order from yesterday has yet to ship. It still says it's scheduled to arrive on the 9th, but I am still concerned. )-:[/QUOTE]

I have an order from yesterday p.m. that is scheduled to arrive Monday (strange given my 2-day shipping should have it delivered on Friday), but it has still not yet shipped. I'm holding out hope that they're just consolidating stock.

[quote name='sharpeone']Contact Amazon CSR. I had the same issue and was a little peeved when I saw they were saying the ones available yesterday could be at my door by Wednesday or Thursday. Once I contacted Amazon, they took care of the issue and now my 360 and PC copy has been shipped. They even gave me $10 credit for the hassle.[/QUOTE]
What did you say? I simply asked if there was any problems at the warehouse.

I was worried too, I placed my Amazon CE order last night (had to cancel my newegg one since it got put on backorder... then saw Amazon had stock again.). But they just updated me this morning, I'll be receiving it Tuesday via UPS (chose standard shipping), got my tracking # and everything. So give it some time... maybe a few more hours. If not by tonight, give them a call.

This is for the 360 CE btw.

ordered my ps3 version about 15 minutes ago, got the shipping soon already so the short overhyped quest for the collectors edition is ova! would've picked up one at gamestop, but decided to save on gas n taxes n such(10 bucks). Actually every gamestop around my area has 360 and ps3 versions available, so maybe they'll make some available again via website or something.

[quote name='Unseen77']My order has been in "shipping soon" status for about 2 days now. Is this normal for Amazon?[/QUOTE]Not usually, though recently I bought an in-stock item through Amazon that was "shipping soon" for about 3 days before it actually shipped.

[quote name='sharpeone']Contact Amazon CSR. I had the same issue and was a little peeved when I saw they were saying the ones available yesterday could be at my door by Wednesday or Thursday. Once I contacted Amazon, they took care of the issue and now my 360 and PC copy has been shipped. They even gave me $10 credit for the hassle.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the advice! Within an hour I got an email from Amazon saying they will "look into it" and I immediately got an email saying it's been shipped. I also got my shipping refunded to me for my inconvenience (which was entirely unnecessary on their part but way cool).

Ironically, an hour later I got an email from Buy.com saying they canceled my preorder and they were sorry.

Preordered from GoHastings and Buy over a month in advance and they both cancled my preorder the day of.

Thank goodness for Amazon and CAG. Thank you everyone who's been posting in these threads. (-:

So get this... a friend of mine ordered 2 copies from buy.com. Those dumbasses shipped both copies in a small box with no padding. Both of this copies arrived with the discs loose inside.

Is buy.com seriously that fucking stupid?

For anyone interested in picking any of these up...I checked at my local GameStop and they said they will be releasing the hold on unclaimed preorder copies in the morning, after the 48 hour period is over. Obviously YMMV.

[quote name='Taren Fox']Thank you for the advice! Within an hour I got an email from Amazon saying they will "look into it" and I immediately got an email saying it's been shipped. I also got my shipping refunded to me for my inconvenience (which was entirely unnecessary on their part but way cool).

Ironically, an hour later I got an email from Buy.com saying they canceled my preorder and they were sorry.

Preordered from GoHastings and Buy over a month in advance and they both cancled my preorder the day of.

Thank goodness for Amazon and CAG. Thank you everyone who's been posting in these threads. (-:[/QUOTE]

So did you order yours when they were available to ship or 8-9 days delay on Tuesday? I talked to CS and they couldn't speed anything along in my process.

was anyone able to find out where the copies in 8-9 days are coming? If they are returns then there is a chance the CE is sort of messed up. Just more from the supplier and not a reprint i guess?

bread's done
Back